Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Block high, then low. Work at it in the lab until you get the timing right.

I'm pretty sure he means the rock from the sky, and Ares might have to either MB b3 or maybe MB God Smack (that has armor, right?) if his dashes are too lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh sorry, now it makes sense. Yeah you just have to dash it - either forward or backward.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Has anyone here gotten consistent with some of the tighter juggles in this game? Stuff like Doomsday's df2 MB, d2, b3 and Scorpion's f22u3, db3, b3 seem impractically difficult to go for in a real match.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Has anyone here gotten consistent with some of the tighter juggles in this game? Stuff like Doomsday's df2 MB, d2, b3 and Scorpion's f22u3, db3, b3 seem impractically difficult to go for in a real match.

I know the doomsday one is really inconsistent. Also the juggle ability of df2mb is affected by both character and what move you cancel out of. Game is weird like that.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Honestly with the the DD df2mb online I just follow with 3>air grab for the setups after. When tourney players are dropping the harder links constantly why take the risk?

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Because it's cool to do hard stuff. Fingers, let me beat up that Doomsday. Or Bad Lantern whoever.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I managed to get Scorpions b22u3 bf3 b3 once. Took it into a j3 db1 4 112 db1. Could never get it again though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Because it's cool to do hard stuff. Fingers, let me beat up that Doomsday. Or Bad Lantern whoever.

I'd have to take my hands off the stick for you to beat on anything with butt-tier luthor :)

Really tho starting friday I'll be back on again a lot for the following week.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'd have to take my hands off the stick for you to beat on anything with butt-tier luthor :)

Really tho starting friday I'll be back on again a lot for the following week.

Same for me. We should have a nice, big, goon room that day. :woop:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
When are we doing the big goonie xbox tournament? Should we wait until Zod?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If we wait until Zod then can it be an all General Zod tournament? :v:

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 20, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

If we wait until Zod then can it be an all General Zod tournament? :v:

I'm in favor of this. Either way, I'll make us a room Friday for some MK vs DCU.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm pretty sure he means the rock from the sky, and Ares might have to either MB b3 or maybe MB God Smack (that has armor, right?) if his dashes are too lovely.

MBGod Smack doesn't have armor last I checked. MB b3 works, that or dash forward/backward. If you can time a teleport on it at the right time you can catch him on a MBGod Smack for some combo-y goodness.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

WNF Injustice: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/

Edit: Awesomo's Flash is nice.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 20, 2013

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
If we run a xbox tourny I can stream it also so people get MAXIMUM exposure.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Injustice could really use a spectator mode.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SuddenBlackout posted:

If we run a xbox tourny I can stream it also so people get MAXIMUM exposure.

This isn't a bad idea. If we get more than 8 people we could start both a KotH and Survivor lobbies.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Since someone requested more hatemail.

Says the Superman that only knows eye lasers.

What you don't see though is what he said on mic. I was in the middle of a combo and he was telling me I didn't know any and to learn some. :rant: Then he mirror matched my Wonder Woman! :3:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Unbound posted:

This isn't a bad idea. If we get more than 8 people we could start both a KotH and Survivor lobbies.

If we did a tourney like that it would take way too long. Unless you mean after or something.

Ok, so if we are really going to have one then we should have a time set for it. I could be down for it any time this Friday or Saturday but that's pretty short notice.

So I made this: http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons

I just set it to 10pm CST because that's when I think I could be free to do a tourney any day. It can be changed to whatever date and time we can agree on.

Post some times and dates and let's blockspam each other online.

E: I also registered the channel #SAInjustice on irc.synirc.net because it's a good way to get everyone in one place and organized for the thing.

E2: Oops here's the sign up link: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Hp7Rkr6F8F

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 21, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Since someone requested more hatemail.

Says the Superman that only knows eye lasers.

What you don't see though is what he said on mic. I was in the middle of a combo and he was telling me I didn't know any and to learn some. :rant: Then he mirror matched my Wonder Woman! :3:

Oh man, people try to mirror match my catwoman all the time, like they actually think they know my character better than me. It's really fun when you know the exact distances for all your poo poo and they don't, so you're just barely standing out of range of everything they do, then doing a half step forward and hitting them with exactly what they whiffed with.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Oh man, people try to mirror match my catwoman all the time, like they actually think they know my character better than me. It's really fun when you know the exact distances for all your poo poo and they don't, so you're just barely standing out of range of everything they do, then doing a half step forward and hitting them with exactly what they whiffed with.

He did get a few hits off. He understood that I was using 3 as a low starter and B2 for the over head but he had no idea what to do when they connected. I should have just kept tiaring him, but I gave him a warriors death. :black101:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 20, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm game for a tourney but I doubt that I'm more skilled that a random pubbie :v:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

IronMcHardSteel posted:

If we did a tourney like that it would take way too long. Unless you mean after or something.

Ok, so if we are really going to have one then we should have a time set for it. I could be down for it any time this Friday or Saturday but that's pretty short notice.

So I made this: http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons

I just set it to 10pm CST because that's when I think I could be free to do a tourney any day. It can be changed to whatever date and time we can agree on.

Post some times and dates and let's blockspam each other online.

E: I also registered the channel #SAInjustice on irc.synirc.net because it's a good way to get everyone in one place and organized for the thing.

This all looks good to me, I'll register up.

As for the time, 10pm CST sounds pretty good to me.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm game for a tourney but I doubt that I'm more skilled that a random pubbie :v:

You never know!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kind of off topic, but I started watching Justice League/JLU on Netflix(which just got added recently) because of this show. It's why I brought up the Joker handbuzzer thing in my last post. So many characters that I want to see introduced in this game, and now, not later. Clayface, Killer Croc, Vandal Savage. Hell, even dudes I've never heard of before like Metamorpho. The sudden success of this game has me so excited for Injustice 2. They should basically just add like 30 dudes and smooth out the issues with this one and call it a day. Hell if I pay 60 bucks a year for a Call of Duty I might as well do it for a game with a buncha wicked awesome superheroes.

If they drop anyone except Scorpion I'll be mad, though.

edit: And Lobo I guess. Having seen the episode of Justice League with Lobo in it though, I totally get it now. I get it guys. I'm in on the joke now. I'm not rolling my eyes at the pixelated middle finger any more.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
You should watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold too, because it's super good and also showcases a bunch of DC characters like JL does.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Kind of off topic, but I started watching Justice League/JLU on Netflix(which just got added recently) because of this show. It's why I brought up the Joker handbuzzer thing in my last post. So many characters that I want to see introduced in this game, and now, not later. Clayface, Killer Croc, Vandal Savage. Hell, even dudes I've never heard of before like Metamorpho. The sudden success of this game has me so excited for Injustice 2. They should basically just add like 30 dudes and smooth out the issues with this one and call it a day. Hell if I pay 60 bucks a year for a Call of Duty I might as well do it for a game with a buncha wicked awesome superheroes.

If they drop anyone except Scorpion I'll be mad, though.

edit: And Lobo I guess. Having seen the episode of Justice League with Lobo in it though, I totally get it now. I get it guys. I'm in on the joke now. I'm not rolling my eyes at the pixelated middle finger any more.

A lot of those should be background characters due to over-baturation of Bat characters, or they wouldn't be very unique like Vandal Savage who's power is... not dying. That being said, a gently caress ton more background characters and more iconic DC universe locations is noting but a good thing.

WarEternal posted:

You should watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold too, because it's super good and also showcases a bunch of DC characters like JL does.

The second best Batman show. It also has the best Captain Marvel ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDerS_AaH8

And B'wana Beast is too awesome in that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05EvUvX1sk&list=PLAF27D4EF686E8833

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

gannyGrabber posted:

This is also my favourite kind of rage. I've been playing Doomsday a lot, and when people do the "I'LL SHOW YOUUUU" mirror match it almost always ends extremely badly for them, because they'll usually try to do nothing but dive.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

strangemusic posted:

This is also my favourite kind of rage. I've been playing Doomsday a lot, and when people do the "I'LL SHOW YOUUUU" mirror match it almost always ends extremely badly for them, because they'll usually try to do nothing but dive.

The only mirror matches I ever get is with Deathstroke. For him, it's more of a "haha you forgot about this gun" sorta thing.

The few Scorpion Mirrors I've had were actually pretty tight and it came down to who could bait who the most.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

strangemusic posted:

If you don't mind giving away a secret, how do I counter Mb dive? I still can't figure it out.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

nunsexmonkrock posted:

If you don't mind giving away a secret, how do I counter Mb dive? I still can't figure it out.

MB b3 or a very well timed dash with some characters.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I've been trying dashing forward and backwards and it has been very unsuccesful. I will try mb b3 thank you very much :)

fake edit: I finally figured out how to b2->lasso grab, it only took like a week ha ha, I'm so bad at these games.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I've been trying dashing forward and backwards and it has been very unsuccesful. I will try mb b3 thank you very much :)

I've never had a problem dashing forward, I usually use Grundy or Batgirl and neither of them seem to have much trouble doing that, but you run the risk of dashing into the normal version of the dive if you're not careful or paying attention.

I still haven't been able to cancel Batgirl's d2 into her bola while online. Which basically means I rely on her MB smokebomb thing way too much which quickly gets ugly for me once they actually block.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Unbound posted:

The few Scorpion Mirrors I've had were actually pretty tight and it came down to who could bait who the most.

So it's basically this game's Bison mirror match then? :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Against doomsday you're always safest around a full screen of range. Gives you time to react to MB venom, and the right spacing to do a forward dash when he dives and be guaranteed to not be hit, and able to punish. So against a bad doomsday (98% of them), stay at about a fullscreen away.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOwWilcI6U

Zod Trailer

That trait :stare:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
What the hell? Does Zod seriously put a monster behind you that you can't block? That doesn't seem right.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

What the hell? Does Zod seriously put a monster behind you that you can't block? That doesn't seem right.

I bet it can be down blocked. It also looked like it would have trouble hitting you if you keep moving. Really liked the foot laser + trait combo that was going on though.

Edit: Also, don't forget we have a Fight Night tonight. 10pm CST unless it needs to be changed.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 21, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boon confirms that Zod isn't the last DLC

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/348111754561200129

Unbound posted:

Edit: Also, don't forget we have a Fight Night tonight. 10pm CST unless it needs to be changed.

Will be there to get my rear end kicked! :haw:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Boon confirms that Zod isn't the last DLC

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/348111754561200129

Will be there to get my rear end kicked! :haw:

Who were the top 3 highest chars in the poll NRS did? Zatanna, Swamp thing and Jason Todd Red Hood right? Toss in MM and there you go.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy poo poo, Zod looks crazy awesome. I can't believe we thought he would be terrible and just a lazy movie tie in. Well, a few people did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Who were the top 3 highest chars in the poll NRS did? Zatanna, Swamp thing and Jason Todd Red Hood right? Toss in MM and there you go.

Swamp thing was like 5th or something, the third was Static if I remember right. Then I never saw who got #1 but yeah it was between Zatanna or Jason Todd RH.

• Locked thread