Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

I like the highlighted review :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Ema Nymton posted:

:smith: A kid going blind because she fell in dog poop isn't funny either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11012044

C'mon, it's a little funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I always remember what hand the wedding ring is supposed to be on by recalling goatse.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Volcott posted:

C'mon, it's a little funny.

That kid just fell in dog dirt, not dog poop. Dog dirt is no laughing matter.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Why does the wedding ring have to be mentioned 20 times every time goatse is shown or discussed? Is there some unwritten rule that someone has to say something about the ring every time it is brought up on the forums?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ishamael posted:

Why does the wedding ring have to be mentioned 20 times every time goatse is shown or discussed? Is there some unwritten rule that someone has to say something about the ring every time it is brought up on the forums?

We strive for accuracy.

If it doesn't have the ring, it is not Goatse. It is just some guy playing with his rear end.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Now that's a name to be proud of.

I know this was a couple of pages back but chiming in on great names.

My housemate at uni has the surname Fear.
Her father is a commander in the Navy.
Commander Fear.
His first name is Richard.
Commander Dick Fear

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I always remember what hand the wedding ring is supposed to be on by recalling goatse.

Oh! A Connoisseur!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I guess I'm a child since I always laugh when I go by this place. They have some really good breakfast scrambles though.

Also this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pork Store Cafe is a perfectly reasonable name for a diner.

And a place in the Castro called "The Sausage Factory", well...let's just say did you notice "Moby Dick" right around the corner? That isn't an accident either.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

fishtobaskets posted:

I like the highlighted review :allears:

Oh hey, I've been there. There's even a big sign that says Big Bone Lick. I wish I had taken a picture next to it with some sort of childish expression.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Next time he visits, take him on a roadtrip to Blue Ball, PA.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Philip J Fry posted:

The only local funny name I know of...

:v:

It's in Sequim. I have family there.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Ishamael posted:

You don't understand because you are either uncultured, unloved, or both. The timeless tradition of a wedding ring thematically fits with the gaping ring of flesh. The gold of the ring and its cold and heavy yellow metal stands in contrast to the red and brown muscular softness. One ring is organic and fleeting, the other will survive unchanged until the earth gets consumed by the sun's expansion into a goatse-like red giant, which will stop its powerful explosion only just short of the rings of Saturn.

We possess few natural rings on our bodies. Mouths, nostrils, ears, eyes--these rings are not private. You share your mouth with others every time you speak. You hide your eyes from nobody. But the ring that dear Goatse displays is personal. It is normally guarded from the public by two layers of clothing and protected by two mounds of butt flesh. He is telling his betrothed, "This ring is for you, alone." Not even Goatse can see his own anal ring directly. This hole that he has spent months and years forging into size, this lord of the rings, can neither be fully enjoyed nor beholded by its own creator. It is a sculpture formed by a blind artist. It is the purest and most private of gifts.

And yet it is a gift box with nothing inside. It is a lock in need of a key. That is because, like a wedding ring, the act of using the circle, filling it with flesh and a promise, is the present. Goatse enlarged his anal annum, his red rectal ring, only to receive the love of his beloved. As the two rings are shown to touch in the image, one ring pulling against the other, the symbolism is revealed and its effects are multiplied.

That is why we goons, who are romantics at heart, naturally seek deeper meanings within the depths of Goatse. To us, excluding the wedding ring from a Goatse image is almost as much an offense as removing the anal ring. Yin, after all, is nothing without Yang.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nice placement of that...thing. I don't even know what it is.

Also, call him to get his unit? Uhhh, ok...

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby
Whoa, it's a good thing I was told about the 50 cent registration fee. I'm on a budget over here.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also, call him to get his unit? Uhhh, ok...

I don't know if you are joking but that isn't what that means.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Sagebrush posted:

Pork Store Cafe is a perfectly reasonable name for a diner.

And a place in the Castro called "The Sausage Factory", well...let's just say did you notice "Moby Dick" right around the corner? That isn't an accident either.

I always get a little laugh passing by the coffee/tea shop in the next town over called "Teabaggers." I have no idea if it was intentional or just the owner being clueless.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Has Rob been slacking off? Goddamnit Rob! :argh:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Noni posted:

You don't understand because you are either uncultured, unloved, or both. The timeless tradition of a wedding ring thematically fits with the gaping ring of flesh. The gold of the ring and its cold and heavy yellow metal stands in contrast to the red and brown muscular softness. One ring is organic and fleeting, the other will survive unchanged until the earth gets consumed by the sun's expansion into a goatse-like red giant, which will stop its powerful explosion only just short of the rings of Saturn.

We possess few natural rings on our bodies. Mouths, nostrils, ears, eyes--these rings are not private. You share your mouth with others every time you speak. You hide your eyes from nobody. But the ring that dear Goatse displays is personal. It is normally guarded from the public by two layers of clothing and protected by two mounds of butt flesh. He is telling his betrothed, "This ring is for you, alone." Not even Goatse can see his own anal ring directly. This hole that he has spent months and years forging into size, this lord of the rings, can neither be fully enjoyed nor beholded by its own creator. It is a sculpture formed by a blind artist. It is the purest and most private of gifts.

And yet it is a gift box with nothing inside. It is a lock in need of a key. That is because, like a wedding ring, the act of using the circle, filling it with flesh and a promise, is the present. Goatse enlarged his anal annum, his red rectal ring, only to receive the love of his beloved. As the two rings are shown to touch in the image, one ring pulling against the other, the symbolism is revealed and its effects are multiplied.

That is why we goons, who are romantics at heart, naturally seek deeper meanings within the depths of Goatse. To us, excluding the wedding ring from a Goatse image is almost as much an offense as removing the anal ring. Yin, after all, is nothing without Yang.

Bra-loving-vo, amigo. This is what goon life is all about.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

I've never been to England so this is all I know about British police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwYxkZ9jTvk

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Off of exit 69 onto Big Beaver road. I pass by it every day after work and giggle a little bit every time.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Huh. I was in a bus accident there.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

The Red Queen posted:

I lived in Arkansas for a while. Was looking at a state map and found this place:

Well, that's obviously a man made lake.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Ah, central PA, where it never takes more than 15-20 minutes to go from Blue Ball to Intercourse.

( Here's the route)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

(FYI in Australia, "rooting" is also a euphemism for "loving".)

mrkillboy has a new favorite as of 09:06 on Jun 21, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RolandTower posted:

Ah, central PA, where it never takes more than 15-20 minutes to go from Blue Ball to Intercourse.

The best part is that it's Amish Country, so it's rather fitting.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Jun 21, 2013

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Nah they are just hugging.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What I like most is the way they're standing down the slope.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mrkillboy posted:

Does that count as a ruck or a maul?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

RolandTower posted:

( Here's the route)

Not too far from Altoona.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Okay maybe this was in poor taste

:ramsay:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Dude wow. What the gently caress.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Let's all take our minds off of the anti-semetic fuckhead and laugh at this:

Makes me almost want to break my arm...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Noni posted:

:golfclap:

This is why I joined the forums.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
And now, a look into the importance of proper kerning and choosing the right font.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I used to drive past this place all the time when I still lived back in Texas and always got a solid giggle out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I guess I'm a child since I always laugh when I go by this place. They have some really good breakfast scrambles though.

I went to school at RPI, and the cruddy little town it's in has (well, had...I think they closed down) a little "locally famous" pork store.

They sold t-shirts that said,
"I got mine at the Troy Pork Store!"

• Locked thread