Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

Let's all take our minds off of the anti-semetic fuckhead and laugh at this:

Makes me almost want to break my arm...

It's cast-iron man! hurr

Edit: Sorry that was terrible, here's a photo:

davebo has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Jun 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DrBouvenstein posted:

I went to school at RPI, and the cruddy little town it's in has (well, had...I think they closed down) a little "locally famous" pork store.

They sold t-shirts that said,
"I got mine at the Troy Pork Store!"

But do they sell pork swords?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

veedubfreak posted:

But do they sell pork swords?

They only rent.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
More for the bad business name choices pile:

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

veedubfreak posted:

I used to drive past this place all the time when I still lived back in Texas and always got a solid giggle out of it.

I saw the map and thought, hey thats weird, theres one of those right next to my house, maybe it's a chain? Then I looked at the map and realized that is the one next to my house. Small loving world. Theres alot of weird names around Houston.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Here's kind of a fun one in Nampa, Idaho:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
This amused me, despite how cheesy it is.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wanna know how I got these scars?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
While going to the bus stop after school, I noticed that for 2 years I've been walking past a place called "Vagina Cafe".

Fatal Error has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Jun 21, 2013

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
This picture of Ben Elton made me laugh hard. But how funny it is depends on how bright your display is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ema Nymton has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Jun 21, 2013

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Ema Nymton posted:

This picture of Ben Elton made me laugh hard. But how funny it is depends on how bright your display is.

Haha! A banana peel! But seriously, what?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Ema Nymton posted:

Care to spoil it for those of us whose screens are apparently the wrong brightness?

e:f;b

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Is it his dick outline? I'm going to be cross with you if you just made us spend 30 seconds looking at a picture because you thought we might want to look at some dude's barely visible dick outline.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

And now, a look into the importance of proper kerning and choosing the right font.

Clint's Comic Books I wish I could have pulled a better picture of Google Street View, but the straight-on view was blocked by a walk sign.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Clint's Comic Books I wish I could have pulled a better picture of Google Street View, but the straight-on view was blocked by a walk sign.

Ive driven by that a bunch of times in KC, it has to be intentional because the name Clint was verboten in comics for a long time just because of that reason.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mark Millar started a magazine called CLINT because he has a grown up sense of humor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Ive driven by that a bunch of times in KC, it has to be intentional because the name Clint was verboten in comics for a long time just because of that reason.

Hawkeye?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Where a kid can be a kid, right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RunFish
Sep 15, 2007
Saw this walking into a Pawn Shop in a not so great part of town.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

A Clint's Comic's store is in my city, I've seen its sign umpteen times, and I've never once thought of that. Now I always will.

tehloki posted:

Is it his dick outline? I'm going to be cross with you if you just made us spend 30 seconds looking at a picture because you thought we might want to look at some dude's barely visible dick outline.

You can never have that 30 seconds back. I'm sorry, but it's gone.

Big Slick
Jul 27, 2004
Dreamed I Killed God...

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
For the record, pork stores are a relatively common term for Italian delis. I don't really know why but we've ordered from a pork store forever.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, as someone who doesn't speak English I don't understand why 'Pork Store' is funny. Is it slang for something?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, as someone who doesn't speak English I don't understand why 'Pork Store' is funny. Is it slang for something?

It's not that funny although people finding it funny is funny it of itself.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

To pork someone would mean having sex with them.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Terminal Entropy posted:

I'm convinced that there isn't a word in the world that hasn't at some point been used as a euphenism for sex.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Terminal Entropy posted:

Also "store" (pronounced "sto-ray") is an old mid-west word for uncle. So that place is basically called "gently caress your uncle".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ironhead posted:

I saw the map and thought, hey thats weird, theres one of those right next to my house, maybe it's a chain? Then I looked at the map and realized that is the one next to my house. Small loving world. Theres alot of weird names around Houston.
Well why is it a turn-off? I'm really curious now.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Fatal Error posted:

While going to the bus stop after school, I noticed that for 2 years I've been walking past a place called "Vagina Cafe".

Greek restaurants are very popular in Australia, especially Melbourne. Most of them serve this beer.

As you can imagine, there's lots of childish giggling when you order a cold Vergina.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

On time I sold Cutco and I was at this womans house trying to get her to buy. I had the knives out on her kitchen table and her little kid came along and grabbed the butcher knife by the handle. We both jumped and I snatched the knife back by the blade. Cut my had pretty good, but it was a clean cut cause you know, Cutco.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

zoux posted:

Hawkeye?

Funny you should mention him:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Kanfy posted:

I'm convinced that there isn't a word in the world that hasn't at some point been used as a euphenism for sex.

it has been noted yes:

Terry Pratchett posted:

“Mind you, the Elizabethans had so many words for the female genitals that it is quite hard to speak a sentence of modern English without inadvertently mentioning at least three of them.”

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Well, they managed to get a "quim" in the Avengers movie.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

If we're still doing store names:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Tomero_the_Great posted: