Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I have no comprehension of the problem they're using the number for, I guess it's complicated if they've taken decades to move the lower bound from 6 to 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Sharkie posted:

(with a dash of misogyny thrown in - the female nurses are "smiling zombies,"

You are extremely sexist for assuming that the nurses were female. Do the SJW thing somewhere else.

For content: The disappearance of Kyron Horman. If you lived in the Portland Metro Area in 2010, you are probably sick as gently caress about hearing about it, but it's an interesting example of the court of popular opinion. Ask anyone from Portland if they think Terri Horman killed her stepson, they'll almost invariably say yes, but there has never been any evidence that made the charges stick. Then, the Horman's landscaper went to the police claiming that Terri tried to offer him money to kill her husband, but when the police put a wire on him and tried to get her to repeat it, they couldn't get any hard evidence. The thing that freaks me out about this whole thing is how quickly people assign guilt to someone who hasn't even been formally charged with anything.

Also, you still see his missing posters up around town every now and then. His cheesy kid smile kinda freaks me out in its own right.

Lehrer
Mar 6, 2004
I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Popelmon posted:

I read the Wikipedia articles before I read your post and they really broke my brain. That number is just so loving huge. But it's also really cool that there are actually algorithms that spit out the last numbers of Graham's number.

Here's something really mind blowing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TREE(3)

Wikipedia posted:

The TREE sequence begins TREE(1) = 1, TREE(2) = 3, then suddenly TREE(3) explodes to a value so enormously large that many other "large" combinatorial constants, such as Friedman's n(4),[*] are extremely small by comparison. A lower bound for n(4), and hence an extremely weak lower bound for TREE(3), is A(A(...A(1)...)), where the number of As is A(187196), and A() is a version of Ackermann's function: A(x) = 2↑x-1x in Knuth's up-arrow notation. Graham's number, for example, is approximately A64(4) which is much smaller than the lower bound AA(187196)(1).

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Math uses incomprehensible things all the time. Just try to imagine infinity, yet it's an integral (heh) part of pretty much everything you can do with calculus.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Math is incomprehensible.

There ya go. Seriously, that post Lehrer made before yours doesn't blow my mind because of whatever the hell it says in that quote he put, it blows my mind because I don't know what the gently caress for 99% of the words in that quote.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Math uses incomprehensible things all the time. Just try to imagine infinity, yet it's an integral (heh) part of pretty much everything you can do with calculus.

I could never wrap my head around math, I barely passed College Algebra.

Just use your drat imaginary incomprehensible numbers and letters and make Internet go faster and my phone do cool stuff and I'm happy.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Clocks_by_time
Unnerving due to the shear mind-numbing levels of autism that must have gone into categorizing these pictures.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Cordyceps Headache posted:

Unnerving due to the shear mind-numbing levels of autism that must have gone into categorizing these pictures.

Nah, that's pretty normal autism. If you're bored enough, sorting things properly can be fun simply because it lets you focus on something. It's probably just some sperg whose job blocks most sites but not Wikipedia.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Radio Help posted:

You are extremely sexist for assuming that the nurses were female. Do the SJW thing somewhere else.

For content: The disappearance of Kyron Horman. If you lived in the Portland Metro Area in 2010, you are probably sick as gently caress about hearing about it, but it's an interesting example of the court of popular opinion. Ask anyone from Portland if they think Terri Horman killed her stepson, they'll almost invariably say yes, but there has never been any evidence that made the charges stick. Then, the Horman's landscaper went to the police claiming that Terri tried to offer him money to kill her husband, but when the police put a wire on him and tried to get her to repeat it, they couldn't get any hard evidence. The thing that freaks me out about this whole thing is how quickly people assign guilt to someone who hasn't even been formally charged with anything.

Also, you still see his missing posters up around town every now and then. His cheesy kid smile kinda freaks me out in its own right.

I think kids just disappearing like that is like The Worst Thing. Even moreso than when they are found murdered later, the fact that they're just gone and there probably won't ever be any answers just eats at you. Its the kind of thing that can seriously ruin my day, I have to just put it out of my mind completely.

The step-mother in this one though is a tough nut to crack. Her behavior on the day of the disappearance seems totally normal, and the majority of it appears to be documented, not just what she says she was doing. But she was also the last one to see the kid and as his step-mom he would have gone with her totally willingly so there would have been no loud scene to witness or anything. Then theres the whole thing with her landscaper claiming she later tried to have her husband killed, so I really don't know what the hell to think.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Basebf555 posted:

I think kids just disappearing like that is like The Worst Thing. Even moreso than when they are found murdered later, the fact that they're just gone and there probably won't ever be any answers just eats at you. Its the kind of thing that can seriously ruin my day, I have to just put it out of my mind completely.

Actually, a lot of them do turn up later. If you look at the resolved cases at any missing-person site, a lot of the kids you see on milkboxes turn out to be runaways or to have been kidnapped by a non-custodial parent. "Somebody kidnaps and murders a child" is a very unusual case.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A ton of them in my local area are just kids who were out past some curfew and their parents panicked and called the po-po.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Cordyceps Headache posted:

Yeah go ahead and crosspost this in the "most worthless wikipedia stuff" thread in YOSPOS. Though to be completely fair somebody actualy did a thing like that and made it not autistic: http://kotaku.com/5987695/a-24+hour-movie-made-of-24-hours-worth-of-movie-clocks

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

abraxas posted:

There ya go. Seriously, that post Lehrer made before yours doesn't blow my mind because of whatever the hell it says in that quote he put, it blows my mind because I don't know what the gently caress for 99% of the words in that quote.

Okay good, that wasn't just me. I seriously don't understand anything in that post.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

TheModernAmerican posted:

Graham's number was the original upper bound to the solution of a problem, it wasn't ever published because Graham found an upper bound smaller while working on the problem (that number also has more digits than particles in the universe). It's interesting because it's the largest number ever used in a genuine proof, and not a googolplex-esque arbitrarily large number.

Here are people with bad teeth talking about it

Yes, but is it Numberwang?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Arschlochkind posted:

Yes, but is it Numberwang?

This right here is some fantastic levity to this thread.

In addition, I love reading about the Chicago Outfit and other active mob groups. The fact that we know, as the public, so much of their structure and crimes, yet many of them roam free freaks me out. If anyone has a link explaining how they remain active, I'd be grateful. Hell, I'd buy multiple books if they're worth it.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Kaizoku posted:

This right here is some fantastic levity to this thread.

In addition, I love reading about the Chicago Outfit and other active mob groups. The fact that we know, as the public, so much of their structure and crimes, yet many of them roam free freaks me out. If anyone has a link explaining how they remain active, I'd be grateful. Hell, I'd buy multiple books if they're worth it.

mob group or roller derby team, could be either one.

rexmob
Jul 8, 2006
We do hereby declare reality unkempt by the changing standards of dialogue.
So, uh, I have been running a lot lately and have been dealing with calluses. While searching for ways to treat them, I came across this. :nms:

I am so sorry. Here's something to cleanse your palette.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What the hell kind of weirdo would prefer underhand? It makes it impossible to get any. All the reasons provided on the page are ways of compromising in special circumstances.

I guess it's true that everyone has strong feelings about this issue.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

What the hell kind of weirdo would prefer underhand? It makes it impossible to get any. All the reasons provided on the page are ways of compromising in special circumstances.

I guess it's true that everyone has strong feelings about this issue.

I freely admit to being one of those weirdos who changes people's toilet roll orientation if they've done it wrong (underhand). loving do it right.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Guys, don`t start that stupid rear end derail here. It always end in a five page argument.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

Guys, don`t start that stupid rear end derail here. It always end in a five page argument.

I am actually pretty unnerved that I care so much about something that I realize must, objectively speaking, be incredibly stupid.

Here's something kind of unnerving, though: promotion for a low-rent horror film created a persistent supernatural urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/blackeyed.asp

I guess I get weirded out by the power advertising has, and the degree to which it can manipulate individual people and the entire culture. And here it's escaped the intentions of its creators and now runs wild through the imaginations of the gullible.

The reverse doesn't bother me at all, though, like how Slenderman is now getting turned into video games and movies. I guess that feels more like the natural evolution of folklore.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm inclined to agree. As much as I'd enjoy a debate on TP orientation, yeah--let's just not do that in here.

Let me see if I can find something soul-shattering to make give this post a little more meat.

Have we actually discussed the Ariel Castro thing that went down a few months ago? If not, that's an idea.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

That, and it's really not creepy or unnerving, so it doesn't fit in here anyways. If you happen to find toilet paper roll orientation "unnerving" or "scary", you need therapy.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I am actually pretty unnerved that I care so much about something that I realize must, objectively speaking, be incredibly stupid.

Here's something kind of unnerving, though: promotion for a low-rent horror film created a persistent supernatural urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/blackeyed.asp

I guess I get weirded out by the power advertising has, and the degree to which it can manipulate individual people and the entire culture. And here it's escaped the intentions of its creators and now runs wild through the imaginations of the gullible.

The reverse doesn't bother me at all, though, like how Slenderman is now getting turned into video games and movies. I guess that feels more like the natural evolution of folklore.

I'm confused by snopes claiming it's for the film since Brian Bethel apparently posted about BEKs in 1998, hell heres a reference to the myth on snopes forum from '05. http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=43;t=001003;p=0

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

jalopybrown posted:

I'm confused by snopes claiming it's for the film since Brian Bethel apparently posted about BEKs in 1998, hell heres a reference to the myth on snopes forum from '05. http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=43;t=001003;p=0

Yeah, I've heard about that urban legend for years and years now. Usually in the same context as MiB sightings.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

jalopybrown posted:

They don't claim that the film made it up, just that it sparked a renewed interest in it. They even quote the filmmakers talking about how the legend has been around for a while.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

They don't claim that the film made it up, just that it sparked a renewed interest in it. They even quote the filmmakers talking about how the legend has been around for a while.

Back in my day :bahgawd: Snopes used to try and find the origin so as to better disprove not just grab the most obvious.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of movies that turned into urban legends:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_(film_series)

Every now and then some college kids gets ahold of it and is certain he's found the world's first snuff film. Instead its just a very cheap and very convincing fake. Charlie Sheen was fooled once too and went so far as to call the FBI. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Edit: Fixed link so it doesn't go to 'guinea pig' the awesome ball of fur.

into the void has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Jun 23, 2013

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.

Elim Garak posted:

From the Kelly Ann Bates wiki:
I served on a "normal" murder jury (two guys run up to a house, spray bullets at it and kill an occupant that had nothing to do with the argument that had precipitated the violence) and I was hosed up about it for a good month afterward. I can only imagine what a jury on a case like that would have to deal with.

A couple pages back, but I have no idea how some people who have to sift through that kind of stuff day after day for big trials manage to cope afterward. If I recall correctly one of the officers involved with David Parker Ray's trial evidence ended up committing suicide afterward.

I'm honestly surprised you don't hear about more of the same, because even reading descriptions of some of this stuff is just sickening. I don't know what I would do if I had to look at pictures of it, or god forbid be one of the crime scene investigators.

Dunno if this has been contributed yet, and it's not exactly scary (maybe a bit unnerving though it's obviously just coincidence):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Parker_%28shipwrecked%29

I'm not sure how common of a name that was, but the fact that some poor dude literally lived out the plot of an Edgar Allen Poe story is pretty weird. Seemed to be a pretty unlucky name for sailors in general. I was pretty surprised to see that name pop up again in Life of Pi.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Alternative pants posted:

Yeah, for more :unsmith: she had a baby girl last year.

Late, but this made me tear up in happiness. So glad she went on to live a good life and have her own family. :smith:

No Wikipedia article unfortunately, but this news story about a woman refusing to leave her car even after it caught fire gave me nightmares after I first read it.

quote:

Nicholas Willmore told the inquest he was working in his workshop at Cottage Farm Antiques when his mother alerted him to what was happening in the road outside.

He said as he walked across the road to the two cars he saw smoke coming from the engine of the Nova.

‘There was a deafening sound of an engine running as though someone had a foot stuck on the accelerator,’ he said.

‘The car’s front wheels were spinning and there was loads of revving. I could see a biggish person at the wheel and there was movement in the car.

‘Flames were coming from underneath the car and I thought the person might be trapped inside although I couldn’t hear any shouting.

‘I opened the driver’s door wide. It opened easily. The person looked at me - it was a big built woman.

‘I said "You've got to get out of the car. It’s going to burst into flames."

‘But she raised her right fist towards me in a threatening manner before slamming the door shut.

He said he ran to his workshop and fetched a fire extinguisher. He used it on the car but it had no effect. Someone else also had an extinguisher but that made no difference either.

‘The heat was getting more and more intense and the flames were growing.I could no longer see inside. There was nothing else that could be done to help the person inside.

‘There was no attempt by the person to get out. In my opinion it was against all human instincts for someone to stay inside that car.’

The article says she had bipolar disorder and that affected her decision making capabilities and my god, the thought of just sitting there, allowing yourself to burn to death and actively encouraging the flames with no attempts to escape is just terrifying for me to try and comprehend.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I was just reading Under the Banner of Heaven for a second time, and what creeped me out is that due to the presence of Google Earth/Maps unlike when the book was originally published you can view most of the places they talk about which are still there doin' their creepy abusive polygamist stuff.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
This thread also reminded me, and I guess this is a good a place as any to ask-

Does anyone happen to know the source of a photo that shows a bunch of drowned bodies being towed through the water? I can't remember if it was from a sinking ship or something else, but as I recall it was a color photograph, possibly associated with Vietnam, and for some reason the bodies were being carried back to shore in, I think, a giant net. From what I remember they'd been in the water long enough to turn very white. The details are a bit fuzzy because it's something I saw as a pretty young kid and it freaked me out, but I can't find a reference to this anywhere and I'm starting to wonder if I'm just very poorly recalling something or if my brain just made it up entirely. It's an image that's stuck with me for a long time so whether it's real or not, I guess it's pretty unnerving.

There's a scene in the movie Across the Universe where a bunch of naked people painted white fall into the ocean and just kind of float there, and it brought the memory back to me. It made me wonder if the film was directly referencing a real life event (since the Vietnam war is a big part of the film and I recall the photo dealing with that) or if it was just a coincidence.

I dunno, I probably just sound crazy but it's been bugging me recently so I wanted to see if there was some faint chance that someone knew what I was talking about.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Honey Badger posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Parker_%28shipwrecked%29

I'm not sure how common of a name that was, but the fact that some poor dude literally lived out the plot of an Edgar Allen Poe story is pretty weird. Seemed to be a pretty unlucky name for sailors in general. I was pretty surprised to see that name pop up again in Life of Pi.

About that, I did a pretty huge essay on Life of Pi, and if I remember right, the name Richard Parker was chosen specifically because of this association.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_bushfires
This heatwave and 400 or so fires associated with it always unnerved me, especially since most of the fatalities happened on the same day.

quote:

The Black Saturday bushfires[7] were a series of bushfires that ignited or were burning across the Australian state of Victoria on and around Saturday, 7 February 2009. The fires occurred during extreme bushfire-weather conditions and resulted in Australia's highest ever loss of life from a bushfire;[8] 173 people died[5][9] and 414 were injured as a result of the fires.
As many as 400 individual fires were recorded on 7 February. Following the events of 7 February 2009 and its aftermath, that day has become widely referred to as Black Saturday.

quote:

Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Delburn fire commenced in Central Gippsland; arson suspected.[21]

Wednesday, 4 February
Bunyip State Park fire commenced.[22]

Saturday, 7 February (Black Saturday)
Mid-morning – Bunyip State Park fire jumped containment lines; no other major fire activity.
Late morning – many fires sprang up as temperatures rose and wind speeds increased.
11:20 am – power lines fell in high winds igniting the Kilmore East fire (Kinglake/Whittlesea area). The fire was fanned by 125 km/h (78 mph) winds, entered a pine plantation, grew in intensity, and rapidly headed southeast through the Wandong area.[23]
12:30 pm – Horsham fire commenced.[24]
Early afternoon – ABC Radio received calls from residents of affected areas supplying immediate up-to-date information on fire activity.
2:55 pm – Murrindindi Mill fire (Marysville area) first spotted from Mt Despair fire tower.[25][26]
3:04 pm – temperature in Melbourne peaked at 46.4 °C (115.5 °F).
4:20 pm – Kilmore East fire front arrived at Strathewen.[27]
4:20 pm – fire impacted Narbethong.
Mid-afternoon – smoke from Kilmore East firestorm prevented planes from mapping the fire edge.
4:30 pm – number of individual fires across the state increased into the hundreds.
4:30 pm – fire commenced at Eaglehawk, near Bendigo.[27]
4:45 pm – Kilmore East fire front arrived at Kinglake.
Here's the reason why there were so many fatalites: a wind change that brought with it 120 km/h (75 mph) gusts.

quote:

5:00 pm – wind direction changed from northwesterly to southwesterly in Melbourne (see Fawkner Beacon Wind chart for 7 February 2009).
5:10 pm – air temperature in Melbourne dropped from over 45 °C (113 °F) to around 30 °C (86 °F) in fifteen minutes.
5:30 pm – wind change arrived at Kilmore East and Murrindindi Mill (Kinglake/Marysville) fire fronts.
5:45 pm – Kilmore East fire front arrived in Flowerdale.
6:00 pm – Beechworth fire commenced.[28]
6:00 pm – Kilmore East fire smoke plume and pyrocumulus cloud reached 15 km (9.3 mi) high.
6:45 pm – Murrindindi Mill fire front arrived at Marysville.[29][30]
8:30 pm – Victorian Health Emergency Co-ordination Centre notified Melbourne hospitals to prepare for burn victims.
8:57 pm – CFA chief officer first notified that casualties had been confirmed.
10:00 pm – Victoria Police announced an initial estimate of 14 fatalities.
The fires weren't extinguished for another two months

quote:

Wednesday, 4 March
Cooler conditions and rain from 4–6 March enabled firefighters to control and contain several fires, with the Kilmore East – Murrindindi complex south fire being completely contained. Predictions for favourable weather signalled the easing of the threat to settlements from the major fires that had been burning since 7 February.

Mid-March
Favourable conditions aided containment efforts and extinguished many of the fires.

This is the worst part I think. The fire front was pretty fast (possibly too fast to evacuate from) and I guess 113 people thought their safest bet was to seek refuge in their houses.

quote:

Location of deaths:
Inside houses (113)
Outside houses (27)
In vehicles (11)
In garages (6)
Near vehicles (5)
On roadways (5)
Attributed to or associated with the fire but not within fire location (4)
On reserves (1)
In sheds (1)
:smith:

And here's a plume of smoke blowing all the way to New Zealand:

Edit: grammar police.

Vladimir Poutine has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Jun 23, 2013

LosMein
Feb 15, 2006

Vladimir Poutine posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_bushfires
This heatwave and 400 or so fires associated with it always unnerved me, especially since most of the fatalities happened on the same day.

I was in the Melbourne CBD all day that day and it was one of the most bizarre days I've ever experienced. By 9am the temperature was already up to 35 celsius and when it got up to 47 at 4pm or so, it felt like being continuously bathed in bus exhaust. By 10pm the temperature dropped to 23.

The creepiest thing that day was that the sky was the oddest color I'd ever seen. It wasn't just gray, but almost silvery. It's pretty awful to think about what kinds of particles were in the muddy rain that fell that evening.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Shnicker posted:

I was in the Melbourne CBD all day that day and it was one of the most bizarre days I've ever experienced. By 9am the temperature was already up to 35 celsius and when it got up to 47 at 4pm or so, it felt like being continuously bathed in bus exhaust. By 10pm the temperature dropped to 23.

The creepiest thing that day was that the sky was the oddest color I'd ever seen. It wasn't just gray, but almost silvery. It's pretty awful to think about what kinds of particles were in the muddy rain that fell that evening.
Well you weren't far from the action really:

I was in Adelaide during that heatwave and there was a bit of a weird vibe because there were leaves all over the road and paths like it was autumn/fall. Except it was the middle of summer, and there were leaves everywhere because the hot weather had killed every goddamn tree in my neighbourhood.
Also, I think this is the most :stare: picture of them all:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Also, I think this is the most :stare: picture of them all:

This is real - part of an art project that celebrates the restoration of the Emscher river, which used to be one of the worst-polluted rivers in the Ruhrgebiet.

e: grammar

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

I got married on Black Saturday in Central Gippsland. Suffice to say it was not a great day for a wedding. 40+ degrees in a small chapel with no air conditioning, we obviously kept the ceremony very short. Several guests couldn't make it due to road closures and/or their houses being under threat of fire. Also, due to a hilarious(?) miscommunication, one of my good friends spent most of the reception believing his house was gone, only to find out afterwards that it was totally fine.

Not a great date for an anniversary, but it made for some gnarly wedding photos.

Edit: Grammar

tnimark has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Jun 23, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, that's :black101:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Pick posted:

Holy poo poo, that's :black101:.

Yeah, it sort of looks like something out of a horror movie. Blacked out faces don't help either. :stare:

Still, those are pretty awesome wedding photos, and they're definitely pretty unique.

• Locked thread