Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Famicom Bunko posted:

Can somebody dig up the fan art of naked Wildman for me?

Don't ask any questions...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=205#post412262486

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Shalinor posted:

Did Our Darker Purpose hit in here yet?

First time I've seen it pop up, thanks. It is a whole lot like Binding of Isaac, but the few little differences I've noticed from my time with the demo so far I like quite a bit. I think the setting and aesthetic are more fun too, and since I only really stopped playing BoI when I ran out of content I am pretty enthused all around. They're definitely getting some cash out of me.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The guys in charge of Socom 1/2 on the PS2 want to create a non-lovely Socom for the PS4

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
For those people that are wondering more about Massive Chalice, Raptr is holding a Q&A right here featuring Brad Muir and John Swisshelm.

Also the best question asked in that thread wins a 150$ backer level on Kickstarter.
They are answering them between 11am-6pm PT on June 25th, but users can post questions right now.

(Yes, this is more or less a straight copy of the e-mail I received from Raptr, but I figured some people might not be members at Raptr and blabla reasons.)

DancingPenguin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 22, 2013

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shalinor posted:

Looks a bit like Binding of Isaac. Maybe too much like, can't decide. Regardless, looks competent / nifty.

I pledged to this because I, like, like roguelikes and roguelike-likes. I don't think its going to make it though. It's not outside the realm of possibility but I'd be surprised.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Shalinor posted:

Looks a bit like Binding of Isaac. Maybe too much like, can't decide. Regardless, looks competent / nifty.

I kinda want to pledge this but 15 dollars just to get the game, or 30 to get beta access and kickstarter goodies seems a little high when Binding of Isaac is 5 bucks and its expansion is 3.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Wezlar posted:

I kinda want to pledge this but 15 dollars just to get the game, or 30 to get beta access and kickstarter goodies seems a little high when Binding of Isaac is 5 bucks and its expansion is 3.
It looks like a higher budget, more polished BoI, though. BoI was always meant to be a budget game, and it kind of shows. That it blew up completely surprised Ed.

... that said, whether that matters to you would depend chiefly on whether you think a "bigger" BoI would make for a better game.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Looking for Group has a Kickstarter.
Looking for Group is a webcomic that used to be pretty decent until Ryan Sohmer realised that they had done all the classical RPG-puns and went over to making Richard, the warlock, carry the comic with humor. But the real downfall for me was when Richard had been the central point for a few hundred pages, after that the whole comic just hopped on the meme bandwagon.
These guys also work pretty slow, but as far as I understand, they have multiple projects running all the time and I suppose the drawings take some time.

I still think they are decent artists and comedians, and having really bad humor I still laugh at the jokes every now and then.
What do you think goons, should I back it?

My only real regret would probably be that the art looks nothing like in the comic (At least not the color scheme).
At the same time I love these cute little games like Magicka and that seems to be the direction the game is progressing towards.

Ugh, decisions. :confused:

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

DancingPenguin posted:

Looking for Group is a webcomic that used to be pretty decent until Ryan Sohmer realised that they had done all the classical RPG-puns and went over to making Richard, the warlock, carry the comic with humor. But the real downfall for me was when Richard had been the central point for a few hundred pages, after that the whole comic just hopped on the meme bandwagon.
These guys also work pretty slow, but as far as I understand, they have multiple projects running all the time and I suppose the drawings take some time.

I still think they are decent artists and comedians, and having really bad humor I still laugh at the jokes every now and then.

My only real regret would probably be that the art looks nothing like in the comic (At least not the color scheme).
At the same time I love these cute little games like Magicka and that seems to be the direction the game is progressing towards.

If it helps, I think I remember reading that Sohmer is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I'm going to say no, it looks like unfunny poo poo.

If your initial reaction was to ask why I said no or to argue points about the game, then go and back it. It seems like it's a decent enough vanity project that will turn out with practically nothing to sell it to anyone who is not attached to the IP already. it reminds me of DeathSpank, and all that entails.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, Sohmer writes that horribly gross Least I Could Do webcomic, and he's the writer for the game so I wouldn't expect much from that either. Though I guess if that's your kind of humor you could want to pledge? I just wouldn't advise giving money to the man.

Anyways, Massive Chalice updated yesterday with the news that you get a second digital copy for $35+. It also includes some nifty concept art and a video of Brad Muir being a goof :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVazbDePSVI

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 23, 2013

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, Sohmer writes that horribly gross Least I Could Do webcomic, and he's the writer for the game so I wouldn't expect much from that either. Though I guess if that's your kind of humor you could want to pledge? I just wouldn't advise giving money to the man.

Anyways, Massive Chalice updated yesterday with the news that you get a second digital copy for $35+. It also includes some nifty concept art and a video of Brad Muir being a goof :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVazbDePSVI
Man, :haw: actually is his default face. I thought people were joking.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Wezlar posted:

Feel the same way. I love the silly horror stuff, and the game does seem (although early) like a potentially more nuanced type of Issac game. It's too bad $15 is just a bit high for me with the steam sale about to hit. I hope they make it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Spiky Ooze posted:

Feel the same way. I love the silly horror stuff, and the game does seem (although early) like a potentially more nuanced type of Issac game. It's too bad $15 is just a bit high for me with the steam sale about to hit. I hope they make it.

They're barely over halfway through with 4 days left. I pledged, but I doubt it'll make it.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

I met him at E3 and got a photo with him, he is MASSIVE and his mouth is HUGE.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mug posted:

I met him at E3 and got a photo with him, he is MASSIVE and his mouth is CHALICE-like.

that's better.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So, I'm late to the party, but just found out about Maia and Sui Generis, going to be keeping a very close eye on both. Shadowrun Returns is the only kickstarter I've actually funded, so looking forward to its release. I'm very seriously contemplating throwing money at Frontiers, though.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Wow. A Hat In Time has made 5x its goal so far, and still has a week left. (Mario 64/Banjooie-esque collect-a-thon 3D platformer)

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 23, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

DancingPenguin posted:

It's going to end the same way the LFG movie did

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 23, 2013

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Call Now posted:

It's going to end the same way the LFG movie did

Yea, I'm not backing these guys.
Got to stop looking at Kickstarter when I'm way too tired.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Shalinor posted:

Wow. A Hat In Time has made 5x its goal so far, and still has a week left. (Mario 64/Banjooie-esque collect-a-thon 3D platformer)

I really need to get with the times or something, because I wanted to back this but seeing as the 'physical copy' is just a box with junk instead of... you know, the game on a DRM free disc I'm withholding.

It looks so drat good but, and I'm fully aware at how trite and played out this sounds, I really want something I can hold in my hand and can install whenever and wherever I want instead of using something like Steam.

Honestly, if you're going to do the whole box thing why not get a disc based copy in there and actually print out that PDF booklet you're providing. Now it's just a box with buttons in it, as far as I can tell.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Didn't Sohmer take the money from his LICD animated series kickstarter and use it to buy something stupid or was that just a rumor? Either way, giving him money is a horrible idea.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

In one of the update videos he talks about suffering from depression after Brutal Legend released and got panned due to the amount of himself he'd invested in it, which was kind of out of left-field considering his persona.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Unguided posted:

Didn't Sohmer take the money from his LICD animated series kickstarter and use it to buy something stupid or was that just a rumor? Either way, giving him money is a horrible idea.
The LICD animated series is still a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3eZY2_Di1c

(So if the money went on that then yes, he used it to buy something stupid.)

Edit: VV That's great news, and the first few stretch goals are very achievable.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 24, 2013

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/315061806/nelly-cootalot-the-fowl-fleet-retro-pirate-adventu

Nelly Cootalot is funded, and that owns. Let's get some stretch goals.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Unguided posted:

You may be thinking of Jennifer Diane Reitz squandering her earnings form Happy Puppy.

We have finally come to the point where people are conflating internet hyper-egos.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It looks like the Cataclysm DDA kickstarter will be funded and possibly reach well into stretch goals, after 48 hours it's almost 50% funded.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chairchucker posted:

Nelly Cootalot is funded, and that owns.

That it does! That's one of the projects I wanted to see funded, the other being Fleish & Cherry. C'mon, people, we can do this!

oh god, it hasn't even hit 33%

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Saoshyant posted:

That it does! That's one of the projects I wanted to see funded, the other being Fleish & Cherry. C'mon, people, we can do this!

oh god, it hasn't even hit 33%

Huh, they have a demo now. Guess I'll try it out.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

In one of the update videos he talks about suffering from depression after Brutal Legend released and got panned due to the amount of himself he'd invested in it, which was kind of out of left-field considering his persona.

What exactly did Sohmer have to do with Brutal Legend? He wasn't working on it in any capacity was he?

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Yodzilla posted:

What exactly did Sohmer have to do with Brutal Legend? He wasn't working on it in any capacity was he?

Pretty sure they are talking about Brad Muir.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
OH right. :downs: Anyhow yeah Sohmer loving sucks and Brad Muir is rad.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Those awesome guys at Pinball Arcade are doing another Kickstarter, this time for the Terminator 2 pinball machine.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Migishu posted:

Those awesome guys at Pinball Arcade are doing another Kickstarter, this time for the Terminator 2 pinball machine.

Goddamn, these guys are doing God's work, but I cannot believe it costs $60.000 to recreate one pinball table digitally. I hope licensing/copyright practices gets overhauled something fierce within the next 50 years.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Undertale has started it's own kickstarter. If you haven't heard of it, it's this adorable RPG where attacks are timing based and you dodge enemies attacks in a bullet hell segment. Combat isn't the only way to resolve conflicts though as you can talk to the enemies and convince them not to fight anymore.

There is a demo available that gives you a pretty good indication of what the full game is going to be like. If playing through a demo is not your thing and you'd rather watch someone do it, supergreatfriend has a video up of it.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Cerevisiae posted:

Undertale has started it's own kickstarter. If you haven't heard of it, it's this adorable RPG where attacks are timing based and you dodge enemies attacks in a bullet hell segment. Combat isn't the only way to resolve conflicts though as you can talk to the enemies and convince them not to fight anymore.

There is a demo available that gives you a pretty good indication of what the full game is going to be like. If playing through a demo is not your thing and you'd rather watch someone do it, supergreatfriend has a video up of it.

Came here to post this! The demo could honestly stand alone as its own game so I'm really excited to see how the full game turns out. Really do check out the demo, at least.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Toby should probably add some more slots to the custom monster tier. People love that poo poo.

I bet it won't be a couple days until someone grabs that 1k tier.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
Well, Armikrog is going to come down to the wire, I think. They still need $200K with 3 days left. Throw your money at it*!

*Note: Doug TenNapel has said some lovely poo poo as has been pointed out in the thread before so don't fund if that's important to your decision

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The stretch goal explicitly says hitting 20k unlocks the tier, not the game itself. It's not misleading, but it's kind of a dumb way to do it. It should have just been a tier to begin with.

Can't you just switch reward tiers too? If youre one of the larger donators, I mean, you could just switch to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Can't you just switch reward tiers too? If youre one of the larger donators, I mean, you could just switch to this one.
Yes up until the kickstarter ends you can do whatever you want with your pledge. Change the size, switch tiers, remove it completely.

Undertale is all funded, not surprising. I hope it does really good Toby Fox is a cool dude.