Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Rondette posted:

Oh so I spent too much time making this but here you go

Very well done. Hope that angers some predditors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

Rondette posted:

Thank you. I sincerely hope this receives some circulation within groups that would take the first picture seriously and opens some eyes.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Rondette posted:

Jason Statham is a true 10 I don't care what no chart says :colbert:

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Ez posted:

Jason Statham is a true 10 I don't care what no chart says :colbert:

I dare you to neg Jason Statham.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kittle posted:

Thank you. I sincerely hope this receives some circulation within groups that would take the first picture seriously and opens some eyes.
Men and women can be equally hideous ? Well I never

edit:
click for not ok

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Jun 26, 2013

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Fedora

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Rondette posted:

Bendy straws!!

You forgot to put underage boys in the 6 - 10 categories.

This is brilliant and you are a brilliant human being

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

It really is news to some. Or moreover, I think that it doesn't occur to the men that obsessively quantify how attractive they think women are that the same metrics could be applied to themselves.

Schlub Husband has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Jun 26, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Kittle posted:

It really is news to some. Or moreover, I think that it doesn't occur to the men that obsessively quantify how attractive they think women are that the same metrics could be applied to themselves.

Oh, they know, they just argue that 'only shallow bitches [with sharp knees] do that...'

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There there, it's okay. Not everyone gets satire even when it's staring them in the face.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
I think both charts are good.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011

Kittle posted:

The problem is, these men know they are unattractive. They hate the good-looking guys because they feel like women (being the shallow, vapid cunts that they are) only care about looks. The idea that taking care of one's appearance might go hand in hand with confidence and independence (things that most women DO look for, and what is usually considered "rear end in a top hat" behavior) is completely alien to them.

That reminds me of something that happened to me a bit ago. I was talking with a rather unfortunate looking older lady at work who had clearly been either deformed by birth or in an accident. She tells me that I'm a good looking fella, to which I graciously thank her for. She then goes on to tell me that I should be ashamed of that because people like me always think we're so superior :psyduck:

As she left I couldn't help but think about how a 60 year old woman just told me to check my privilege.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Rondette posted:

I loving love this! I hope this gets Reddit thinking. Or at least very mad.

Edit: Yeah, guys who complain that girls only care about looks forget that with confidence, charisma, and even a great sense of humor, girls will overlook a lot of physical flaws. Also, I suppose I don't see what's wrong with picking a hookup based on whether you're attracted to them. Yeah, if I don't know someone well enough to judge on personality, of COURSE I'll pick the hotter guy to hook up with. He's hotter. :colbert:

Lieutenant Dan has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Jun 26, 2013

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Stairs posted:

Hey outward-tending eye buddy. I have never had the surgery, but I'm considering it. I spent half my childhood with an eyepatch on though it didn't do poo poo. They thought my eye was just lazy until I was 20, but by then my parent's insurance no longer covered me (ugh). Turns out I'm legally blind in my right eye due to the ligaments being too long, but it's fixable. I can actually fuse my eyes together temporarily (which I usually do for pictures) but it gives me a headache and double vision. Unlike you I used to get teased for it, and to this day if I'm not careful to fuse when talking to someone they'll do that "look over the shoulder to see who I'm looking at" thing that seems unintentional but we all really know is a bit of an insult. Nobody really understands how important your eyes are until one of them isn't working properly. I should say though that over the years I've learned not to fuse unless I feel like it, I used to do it just to blend in. Now I actually let my eye wander when I want to gently caress with somebody, it's hilarious!

edit: Come on, let's post pics! I'll do mine if you do yours, your self-esteem has encouraged mine!

I do the eye fusion thing too for pictures :) that's a good way of describing it. I would take my glasses off for class photos and you notice it a lot in those- surprisingly it was worst in middle school (ages 10-13 for me), in elementary school pictures I don't see it happening at all though, I guess when I was a kid I had enough energy to keep it focused pretty much all the time or something maybe? Having contacts makes a big difference, I can fuse in the direction of the camera while *actually still kind of being able to see it!*

The shoulder thing I get from people I've only recently met or who don't know me very well, and when it happens I use that opportunity to tell them what's up. Not in a mean way, just in an educational way that lets them know it's an okay thing to talk about with me instead of having to go find someone else and be like "Whoa what's up with Sweeper's crazy eye."

The sentence I underlined is definitely true. Like I said, I don't have the problem anywhere near as bad as a lot of people do, because at its worst it's like a 10 or 15 degree turn, I have some motor control over it, and my vision in general isn't of the "I'VE LOST MY GLASSES I CAN'T SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES" Velma style. Heh, one year for Halloween I decided to take proper advantage of it and go as Marty Feldman's Igor from Young Frankenstein :)

(I was thinking of posting pictures, but I'm too vain to post even my own google eye in the Awkward, Ugly, and Gross thread :cheeky:. Do you have platinum? I've been wanting to get it anyway, and then I could PM ya)

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I loving love this! I hope this gets Reddit thinking. Or at least very mad.

Edit: Yeah, guys who complain that girls only care about looks forget that with confidence, charisma, and even a great sense of humor, girls will overlook a lot of physical flaws. Also, I suppose I don't see what's wrong with picking a hookup based on whether you're attracted to them. Yeah, if I don't know someone well enough to judge on personality, of COURSE I'll pick the hotter guy to hook up with. He's hotter. :colbert:
Oh my god I died a little bit at this new chart, god bless you.

It always seems to me that the guys complaining "Why don't girls ever go for the guy with a good personality?" don't... um... don't actually have a good personality. They don't really get that it's the same for women as it is for men- Hot & Good Company > Plain & Good Company > Hot & Psychotic (for more than like a week or maybe a one night stand) > Plain & Boring/Whiny > Fug & Boring/Whiny.

sweeperbravo has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jun 26, 2013

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Rondette posted:

Aw man I get to 6 and all those guys way, way, way out-handsome me.

How is the second in row 6 only somewhat attractive? :negative:

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Jun 26, 2013

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Calico Heart posted:

Aw man I get to 6 and all those guys out-handsome me by a lot.

Yeah I'm a solid 5.3 on this scale. Probably on most scales as well but yeah.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Oh my god, only now have I noticed that one the "example niches" at bottom says "doesn't need a rating system to judge someone's worth" :iceburn:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

:thejoke:

The post was made in order to piss off Redditors by applying the same unreal standards for attractiveness that they use to qualify women to men. It was intentionally made to make most people a 5 or less.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Nth-ing the love for Rondette's chart. Just noticed the NOT A BRONY part under niches, well done. I imagine that part will go unnoticed, though, as the average MRA probably won't be able to read due to tears of rage by that point.

Has anyone posted it on Reddit yet? I'm dying to see the reactions.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

:ssh: physical attractiveness is conditional and the chart is supposed to show how silly the original chart was :ssh:

(I personally don't care for any of the 9s, or, really, any of the dudes on the chart at all. I'm partial to a melody of strong features, myself)

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Oh my god, only now have I noticed that one the "example niches" at bottom says "doesn't need a rating system to judge someone's worth" :iceburn:

Crow Jane posted:

Nth-ing the love for Rondette's chart. Just noticed the NOT A BRONY part under niches, well done. I imagine that part will go unnoticed, though, as the average MRA probably won't be able to read due to tears of rage by that point.
Agreed on both counts, this is truly a work of art.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

:thejoke:

The post was made in order to piss off Redditors by applying the same unreal standards for attractiveness that they use to qualify women to men. It was intentionally made to make most people a 5 or less.

It won't work if they're deluded about themselves though. I mean. It would just go to back up how stupid women are if they're a solid 8/8.5 because they have facial hair somewhat similar to one of the guys in that block and..I don't know....carnival mirrors at home.

Man...I'm hot AND a nice guy. It's because all women care about is money!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

Faces wider than they are tall aren't conventionally attractive, I guess.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

sweeperbravo posted:

The sentence I underlined is definitely true. Like I said, I don't have the problem anywhere near as bad as a lot of people do, because at its worst it's like a 10 or 15 degree turn, I have some motor control over it, and my vision in general isn't of the "I'VE LOST MY GLASSES I CAN'T SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES" Velma style. Heh, one year for Halloween I decided to take proper advantage of it and go as Marty Feldman's Igor from Young Frankenstein :)

You're awesome. That's all I have to say now.

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
Here are some awkward and gross youtube videos.

Irish travellers calling eachother out and threatening each other. They are :nms: due to language, bigotry, homophobia and racism, but are very funny. The stuff they come out with is pretty embarrassing and awkward.

Joe Joyce, King of the Travellers and his family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eaLsvusF7s

Bernie Joyce, Joes brother, calling out the Longford Nevins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZ_88QPtls

The reply from the Nevins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0UHsPKN3ag

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Second Life awkwardness (furry sex etc) but I love the way this guy handles the situations. His other videos are hilarious too.

"WE LIVE TO BREED" :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHo_jqf_nyU

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Calico Heart posted:

Clearly a properly maintained aspect ratio is a quality that women highly value. How can you expect a woman to respect you if you can't even maintain a proper relationship between length and breadth?

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB
Crossposted from the toronto thread:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2013/06/26/bronys_men_who_dig_my_little_pony_feel_misunderstood.html

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know what's wrong with you guys but that graph works for me. I'm a 7 or 8 depending on the niche the girl is into. :smug:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Frankston posted:

Second Life awkwardness (furry sex etc) but I love the way this guy handles the situations. His other videos are hilarious too.

He's such a chill dude. Accepting of all lifestyles. Also, I am fairly sure that the dude who "lives to breed" was having some fun times of his own.
Also, "I find it hard to receive advice from a man penetrating two things at once".

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

There are no Bronys in Toronto. I won't believe it until I see the video. Even then it is a fake.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

sweeperbravo posted:

Heh, one year for Halloween I decided to take proper advantage of it and go as Marty Feldman's Igor from Young Frankenstein :)

Oh my God that is so loving cool. Bet you had a jillion people asking you how the hell you did that with your eyes! One year for Halloween I put a red contact in the bad eye, wore a black bodysuit with tinfoil on it and went as a "Derpy Borg", but if I were a dude Igor would have been my second choice.

edit: No, I don't have PM's though.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Frankston posted:

Seeing stuff like this makes me miss the SL safari even more. Seriously, Second Life is where the broken congregate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERGog8oegg

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Calico Heart posted:

Uhh because he's a 4:3 man in a 16:9 world obv

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dang. I liked your posts so much sweeper I wanted an eye to your name.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Stairs posted:

Oh my God that is so loving cool. Bet you had a jillion people asking you how the hell you did that with your eyes! One year for Halloween I put a red contact in the bad eye, wore a black bodysuit with tinfoil on it and went as a "Derpy Borg", but if I were a dude Igor would have been my second choice.

Hey, it didn't stop me :)
Your costume sounds pretty cool though, I'll have to keep that one in mind.

Tragically, I didn't get mad respect, since I only had about three friends at the time, and we just sat in the lounge of our college townhouse waiting for trick or treaters to come. The one girl I'm still friends with wore a wig, another girl put on I think a cape and maybe had some fake fangs, and the other girl didn't even dress up as anything at all. It was the most :smith: Halloween I've ever had in my life.

The two I'm not friends with anymore are pretty good material for this thread, but I'm not sure how much of it is just inner ugliness affecting the way I see them. Someone else we went to college with referred to them as "the horses" because "A looks like one and B weighs about as much as one."

Good god, that was the bitterest and most depressing year of my life. But seriously the one girl was really really huge, would only ever eat frozen prepared foods and would only drink diet soda, would sit in her room all day watching TV and scarcely going to classes, would stay up til 2 binge-watching TV shows and scream-laughing with the horse-looking girl, and then they'd get up the next day at 7 or 8 and start scream-laughing again. I think she probably had some severe depression issues, so it doesn't really feel fair to make fun of her, but good lord they were miserable to live with.

They would make EZ mac by taking a whole bunch of packets, heating up a big pyrex bowl of water in the microwave for 15 minutes, and then combining all of the EZ mac packets to make a big soup they could share. They were the embodiment of the Bachelor thread, lovely roommate thread, and this thread put together.

LingcodKilla posted:

Dang. I liked your posts so much sweeper I wanted an eye to your name.
:forkbomb:
Maybe for Christmas I'll post some. A gift of humility for everyone else to enjoy.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Graphs are dumb. How about a pic?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Rondette posted:

Bendy straws!!

I love that a fedora equals 5 or less.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I found a really awkward picture of my parents from my baptism in 1985, but I won't post it. I've been burned already :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

RazorBunny posted:

I found a really awkward picture of my parents from my baptism in 1985, but I won't post it. I've been burned already :colbert:

By the holy water? :rimshot:

• Locked thread