Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I recently got a 3dsxl and Fire Emblem a few weeks ago, and picked up Project X Zone yesterday. I haven't registered either of the games as of yet. Should I hold onto the registration codes in hopes that they're part of an upcoming promotion or should I just go ahead and register them?

You may want to wait until after July 1 in any event, if you want a better chance of hitting Platinum for next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Zeeman posted:

You may want to wait until after July 1 in any event, if you want a better chance of hitting Platinum for next year.

Waiting until after a certain point is no big deal. Why after July 1st, and what hitting Platinum means?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I recently got a 3dsxl and Fire Emblem a few weeks ago, and picked up Project X Zone yesterday. I haven't registered either of the games as of yet. Should I hold onto the registration codes in hopes that they're part of an upcoming promotion or should I just go ahead and register them?

Wait until after June 30th to register everything so your points count towards the platinum reward next year.

Also yea, if we were going to get that promotion I think it would have probably already happened. I believe every game on that list was already out in NA except Donkey Kong and Animal Crossings.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Waiting until after a certain point is no big deal. Why after July 1st, and what hitting Platinum means?
Club Nintendo runs on an annual schedule from July to June. If you redeem so many coins worth of games in that year you get Gold/Platinum status and they send you some dumb awesome piece of Nintendo merch accordingly.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I see. Thank you all for the info.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Miftan posted:

I have a regular old DS, but I want to get a shiny new 3DS (XL, probably). Can any UK goons tell me where the best place to buy one is and if there are any special edition ones (I would LOVE the Fire Emblem one) are still being sold?

The Fire Emblem bundle is on amazon still, but its really expensive for some reason. The Monster Hunter one which looks pretty neat too is almost 40 pounds cheaper and I have no idea why.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

FrickenMoron posted:

The Fire Emblem bundle is on amazon still, but its really expensive for some reason. The Monster Hunter one which looks pretty neat too is almost 40 pounds cheaper and I have no idea why.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, so I wasn't really planning on getting it. I was asking what places sell games/the device the cheapest since I'm new in the UK and I don't know the shops that well yet.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
One thing I just noticed about the new Streetpass games/update is that you can now change the entire outfit of your Mii rather than just the hat. I have 2 of the games (Battle and Mansion) and every few days you get a different 4 new outfits you can buy with tickets you earn from the games, I only just noticed this because today's include a full (not just hat) Link outfit! A Sheik, Princess Zelda and chicken hats as well. Now i need to keep changing my system clock and grinding coins to win them!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Inacio posted:

A friend told me the games are REALLY bad, so that's cool I guess.

I think they're REALLY good so your friend is clearly a liar.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

katkillad2 posted:

Wait until after June 30th to register everything so your points count towards the platinum reward next year.
Technically, at this point you can start registering games for next year's platinum. Just don't fill out the surveys until July 1st, since that's what actually gives you the coins. You get 7 days to fill out a registration survey, so at this point everything is safe to enter. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 26, 2013

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Miftan posted:

I have a regular old DS, but I want to get a shiny new 3DS (XL, probably). Can any UK goons tell me where the best place to buy one is and if there are any special edition ones (I would LOVE the Fire Emblem one) are still being sold?

I think the cheapest is at Tesco instore, £120, plain XL only.

And the So Many Games promotion (buy 3 get 1 free on selected games) is ending this week so get on that fast if you're interested.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 26, 2013

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Does a GhostArmor'd 3DS(XL) still fit comfortably in the Circle Pad Pro(XL)?

I have had no issue with it. Ghost Armor is as thin as most screen protectors. The fit gets a touch snugger, but not damaging.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

I think the cheapest is at Tesco instore, £120, plain XL only.

And the So Many Games promotion (buy 3 get 1 free on selected games) is ending this week so get on that fast if you're interested.

I hadn't even thought of checking Tesco, thanks! I won't have enough time to get buy the end of this week, but oh well. Does Tesco sell the charger as well? My understanding is that for the XL you need to buy it seperately.

Also is there a difference between eShop and retail versions of games price-wise in the UK?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

You do need to buy a charger, unless you have a 3DS as it uses the same plug.

Miftan posted:

Also is there a difference between eShop and retail versions of games price-wise in the UK?

Yup :(. eShop charges full retail price of (usually) £40, so physical is cheaper. Fire Emblem is £40 on the eShop and I just bought a new physical copy for £28.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

You do need to buy a charger, unless you have a 3DS as it uses the same plug.

Yup :(. eShop charges full retail price of (usually) £40, so physical is cheaper. Fire Emblem is £40 on the eShop and I just bought a new physical copy for £28.

I'm assuming you got the physical copy at Tesco as well? Still, I was looking at Game and it would've been upward of 200 pounds there easily for the 3DS and the game, so you saved me a ton of money! Thanks!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
None of the Tescos I've looked in have had any 3DS XLs in stock. Anyone know a good way of finding the nearest one to me that'd have them and at that price? If anyone would be willing to buy and send me one in exchange for the money then that'd be pretty awesome. I live in Berkshire for reference.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

None of the Tescos I've looked in have had any 3DS XLs in stock. Anyone know a good way of finding the nearest one to me that'd have them and at that price? If anyone would be willing to buy and send me one in exchange for the money then that'd be pretty awesome. I live in Berkshire for reference.

Just a heads up, I checked online and it's about 170 pounds for an XL, 120-130 for a regular 3DS. Could still probably get an XL and Fire Emblem for under 200 pounds, but the prices for the XL are pretty constant across Tesco, Currys and Game from what I've seen so far.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
When does Nintendo usually let everybody know what the platinum rewards are?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Miftan posted:

Just a heads up, I checked online and it's about 170 pounds for an XL, 120-130 for a regular 3DS. Could still probably get an XL and Fire Emblem for under 200 pounds, but the prices for the XL are pretty constant across Tesco, Currys and Game from what I've seen so far.

Yeah but Sodium Chloride just posted that an XL was 120 quid and I've seen alot of people posting 120-130 on here and other forums. They can't all be mistaking a regular old 3DS for an XL. Maybe it's a mistake on Tescos part or something that people are taking advantage of.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Terraplane posted:

When does Nintendo usually let everybody know what the platinum rewards are?

I imagine it'll be pretty soon seeing as they don't seem to be restocking a lot of the rewards they're out of right now. So Probably with in the next couple of weeks once they cycle in the new prizes

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah but Sodium Chloride just posted that an XL was 120 quid and I've seen alot of people posting 120-130 on here and other forums. They can't all be mistaking a regular old 3DS for an XL. Maybe it's a mistake on Tescos part or something that people are taking advantage of.

Well, that's what I'm getting online. Maybe the prices in the physical stores are a bit different? I'll check it out when I get the chance. If any other Britgoons see a different price feel free to post.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Game and Amazon have XLs at £140. You have to use the code 3DSXLSAVE at Game online for that price. At Amazon it is the silver/black XL only at that price, and you can see from the price history via The Camelizer that was £120 two weeks ago.

And I bought my copy of Fire Emblem through Flubit, which is a middleman offering discounts and not a retailer.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So I went to register my Animal Crossing code on Club Nintendo and it said it had already been used. I bought the game on release, new, in plastic wrapping from Target. Any ideas what could have caused it?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So how many points are non-retail eshop games worth on club nintendo? I'm only 25 coins away from platinum and I was thinking about Sakura Samurai.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

So I went to register my Animal Crossing code on Club Nintendo and it said it had already been used. I bought the game on release, new, in plastic wrapping from Target. Any ideas what could have caused it?

Check your account history to see if it actually got accepted, sometimes the website acts up. If not then email their support and explain the situation, lots of people seem to have luck with that.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

katkillad2 posted:

Check your account history to see if it actually got accepted, sometimes the website acts up. If not then email their support and explain the situation, lots of people seem to have luck with that.
Just wanna vouch for this. When I registered Kirby Collection for Wii I got a Post-Play survey, but no registration survey. I emailed Nintendo about it couple months after the fact (when I was trying to scrounge enough coins for Paper Mario) and they sent a late registration survey to my account without a problem.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

I just kill enough enemies to fill my stock with healing items (I think it's a shared inventory) so I just bullrush to the boss and heal anyone that's in danger. Thankfully it seems like the mission ends once you kill the objective boss, but OCD me has to kill all the mini-bosses too.

I really wish there was in indicator or something to tell you what partner you have during an enemy attack because I keep forgetting which one has the one that gives +1 attack during a counterattack.

I found it a bit better to clear enemies early on. Your first and foremost goal should be to get a multi-attack or two. (I think Frank West/Hsien-Ko learn theirs the earliest.)

Is there a thread for the game?

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

I found it a bit better to clear enemies early on. Your first and foremost goal should be to get a multi-attack or two. (I think Frank West/Hsien-Ko learn theirs the earliest.)

Nope, no thread.

And I just ran into the part of the game where they do that thing where they split your team up. Hopefully I won't end up with a team consisting solely of benchwarmers.

http://www.twitch.tv/roguelike (streaming from chapter 14, I think and this game is still bad, don't buy it)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

DrManiac posted:

So how many points are non-retail eshop games worth on club nintendo? I'm only 25 coins away from platinum and I was thinking about Sakura Samurai.

It really depends on the game and the price, but it usually ranges from 10-30 points for eshop titles. You can go to club nintendo, sign in and click "earn more coins" to give you an idea, but it doesn't list the coins for that specific game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the experience is definitely worth clearing out enemies in the early game. And even when the game just decides to be like "Here's 15 more guys! Have fun!", as long as you have everyone set up so they can take advantage of partner attacks, you can usually clear them out in a couple turns, which has the convenient side effect of building a lot of XP meter as well. Admittedly I only just finished Chapter 5, but I think there was like...one boss so far that I didn't have at least two or three characters ready to unleash a super attack when it was just me and the boss left.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Here a list for eligible Nintendo Coins stuff.
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

It seem like Sakura Samurai is only 5 coin.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Filling out some last-minute Club Nintendo stuff. Registering AC, filling out some post-plays, etc. Probably going to trade in some games for a new copy of Monster Hunter within the week and I'm also planning on getting Mighty Switch Force 2. Adding their coins into the mix, all I need left for Platinum is...

...40 coins. :suicide:

This is probably a long shot but would anyone here have any Club Nintendo codes they aren't planning on using? Normally I wouldn't care at all but I'm just so close.

EDIT: If only I didn't lose my Club Nintendo insert for my 3DS when I got it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You could try calling them, every console has a unique serial number, they should be able to see if it's registered.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I was digging through some old games to sell. I PM'd you with the PIN. I'm pretty sure I hadn't registered that one. Please let me know, though, because I'm going to feel like an rear end if I mucked up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Aerofallosov's PIN worked like a charm. Thank you so much! Let's just hope the reward for plat is worth all this trouble. :shobon:

Still, calling Nintendo for my lost Club Nintendo thing is a good idea. I'll try doing that whenever Platinum comes and goes so I can have it ready for next year. :getin:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Just registered MH3U, so here's a recommendation code for anyone who wants it.

WRoH5ZyshKKiQ93BFuXKPE6O

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Kaubocks posted:

Aerofallosov's PIN worked like a charm. Thank you so much! Let's just hope the reward for plat is worth all this trouble. :shobon:

Still, calling Nintendo for my lost Club Nintendo thing is a good idea. I'll try doing that whenever Platinum comes and goes so I can have it ready for next year. :getin:

Awesome! And you're welcome. I'm just glad it worked.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Artix posted:

Yeah, the experience is definitely worth clearing out enemies in the early game. And even when the game just decides to be like "Here's 15 more guys! Have fun!", as long as you have everyone set up so they can take advantage of partner attacks, you can usually clear them out in a couple turns, which has the convenient side effect of building a lot of XP meter as well. Admittedly I only just finished Chapter 5, but I think there was like...one boss so far that I didn't have at least two or three characters ready to unleash a super attack when it was just me and the boss left.

I'm on chapter 14 or whatever when you get the Valkyrie Chronicle character, but my strategy of "gently caress it, bullrush. Heal with items afterwards" clears the map the fastest. The supports are messing me up though, and sometimes I end up doing piss-poor damage because I try to get a cross going instead of just going max damage per attack. Lots of "Welp, this turn's done because the enemy's up way in the air from a cross."

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
So Best Buy is running another Buy 2 get 1 Free used 3DS games this week. The only rub is that the best games can be hard to find in stock (though they have a pretty good selection at the moment).

I will go ahead and share the secret information that Best Buy usually restocks their online 3DS stuff at around 2-4PM PST. If you refresh through that period you have a pretty good chance of picking up the rare used games like Monster Hunter 3, Fire Emblem, etc.

For instance, yesterday I got MH3, Theatrhythm and Kid Icarus for $50. The time before that, it was Harvest Moon, Mario Kart 7 and I think Etrian Odyssey IV.

Sweet deal but sometimes they don't come with the original case. But it seems like historically you have roughly 70% chance of getting the original case. YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Anyone have a spare code for the 3 games promotion in the EU? I'm only one code short but the budget is a bit tight right now and steam sale is around the corner too. :ohdear:
It's no big deal really, but it would be nice to get luigi or AC for free.

• Locked thread