Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

http://explodingactresses.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I thought this was kinda funny then I followed the link, and now I realise it's probably some guys fetish.

:smith:

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Thievery posted:

I thought this was kinda funny then I followed the link, and now I realise it's probably some guys fetish.

:smith:

I hope not, because some of those are pretty funny.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Forgall posted:

I've been trying out GifCam for a bit, and wasn't completely happy with its editing functions, so I decided to write my own gif maker, mostly for my own entertainment.

I've put it on Sourceforge, and you can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gooncam/

It's completely free and open source. Still a very early alpha, so bugs are entirely possible.

Features:
Recording: Adjustable capture FPS. Remembers last position of the window, so, for example, if you often make gifs from youtube videos, you can place window over the player area and it will stay there. Optionally can capture mouse cursor. Has fullscreen mode.

Editing: Select any subset of frames and delete, cut, copy, paste, reverse or change delays on them. You can also delete range of frames and add their combined duration to the preceding frame to get rid of frames with tiny variation. Reduce FPS if you recorded at too high one. Save editing job in progress in lossless format to return to it later. Full history of edits is also saved and you can undo anything.

Gif optimization: I'm using imagemagick library for that, only a couple options are available at the moment, but I'll try to expand them in the future. You can also resize gif when exporting it, and preview results.

Planned features for next version - cropping, text and image overlays.

Hope somebody here finds it useful. If you want to send me bugs or suggestions, email me at vega234755@gmail.com (don't have PMs, sorry).

Oooh thank you for this. I really like there is a "delete and add delay" button.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Forgall posted:

I've been trying out GifCam for a bit, and wasn't completely happy with its editing functions, so I decided to write my own gif maker, mostly for my own entertainment.

I've put it on Sourceforge, and you can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gooncam/

Awesome. There were a bunch of things that made me hate gifcam (like the lovely automatic optimisation) so I'll give this a try.

EDIT: Any chance you could add a totally non-dithered option when saving/converting. I hate dithered gifs :argh:

Pasco has a new favorite as of 21:02 on Jun 25, 2013

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?

From the same exploding actresses link above.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Loco posted:

This is somebody's fetish.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Deposing monarchs should be everyone's fetish!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Throw a lion at me and step on my balls.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
This thread is someone's fetish.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

prahanormal posted:

This thread is someone's fetish.

Hell yeah it is

Don't stop posting gifs yes yes YES YES YES OH GOD

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

That's not how you eat ice cream, Garrett.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Loco posted:

Somebody posted that literally 8 posts ago.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Zeether posted:

Maybe it's not how YOU eat ice cream.

BonesJackson
Aug 12, 2005
*grumble grumble*

Zeether posted:

:colbert:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah what do you chumps know about eating ice cream? Take it from this fat kid.

Edit: by seconds :negative:

BonesJackson
Aug 12, 2005
*grumble grumble*

Spoeank posted:

Will some candy make it better?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

:colbert:

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I love this. The reaction is so amazing that the guy in the car can't keep a straight face.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

I'm taking requests if this happens to be your favorite movie.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

BonesJackson posted:

Will some candy make it better?

Yes!

(Whitest Kids U Know, Classroom skit)

ComfyPants has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Jun 26, 2013

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Ixiggle posted:

It might be my favorite movie if I knew what it was called.

Kramjacks has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Jun 26, 2013

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JaysonAych posted:

Yes!

(Whitest Kids U Know, Classroom skit)

Yesss WKUK is the best

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

just testing out gifcam

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Pasco posted:

Awesome. There were a bunch of things that made me hate gifcam (like the lovely automatic optimisation) so I'll give this a try.

EDIT: Any chance you could add a totally non-dithered option when saving/converting. I hate dithered gifs :argh:

Sure, I've just uploaded new version. I've expanded optimization options, including ability to disable dithering.

Edit: sometimes you still gotta dither to get more reasonable size though...

(text is subtitles)

Forgall has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Jun 26, 2013

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Okay, I get it, everyone needs a hobby, but there's no way that was the best take. I don't care if the dude in the fox suit can't see poo poo.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Ixiggle posted:

Furry Game of Thrones?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Kramjacks posted:

It might be my favorite movie if I knew what it was called.

Bitter Lake, its somewhat rare though if you want to see it for yourself. Only 350 dvds were made and digital versions aren't sold anymore. Even as a bad movie fan its pretty unwatchable.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Having done roofing for many a summer, all I can think is how in the gently caress didn't get get burned by the tar paper?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Ixiggle posted:

Bitter Lake, its somewhat rare though if you want to see it for yourself. Only 350 dvds were made and digital versions aren't sold anymore. Even as a bad movie fan its pretty unwatchable.

Someone scare up those gifs from the making of videos for the rest of us. It's been too long since I last saw a wolf drink through his nose.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Hey, I hate to be the person to only post a request and no gifs, but can someone please post the scene in Chronicle where the main character is laying unconscious in the hospital bed and his dad goes to hit him, only for Andrew to wake up at the last second and blow out the wall? God, I loved that scene. I don't even know if that needs spoilers, but I thought I'd be safe.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Hobo Siege posted:

Someone scare up those gifs from the making of videos for the rest of us. It's been too long since I last saw a wolf drink through his nose.

Took ridiculously long to make and upload this for some reason. Had to resort to photobucket cuz imgur's being a pain. (Yes, I know it's above their filesize limit for gifs...)

Jay O has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Jun 27, 2013

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Did that wolf just litter?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

That is oddly reminiscent of the one time my neighbor's dog was choking on a really long piece of grass that was stuck in her throat and we had to pull it out through her nose with a pair of tweezers.

Pretty much the same reaction from the dog, too.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

That is oddly reminiscent of the one time my neighbor's dog was choking on a really long piece of grass that was stuck in her throat and we had to pull it out through her nose with a pair of tweezers.

Pretty much the same reaction from the dog, too.

Or the time my dog ate a bunch of that fake Easter basket grass and promptly had trouble... excreting it the next day. There was a lot of swearing, whining and pulling that morning.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Missing Name posted:

Or the time my dog ate a bunch of that fake Easter basket grass and promptly had trouble... excreting it the next day. There was a lot of swearing, whining and pulling that morning.

Hahaha, the exact same thing happened to me with my cat. It was pretty gross.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Missing Name posted:

Reminds me of
http://i.imgur.com/h8qO6FA.jpg
:nws: for dog butt I guess. Whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprotornis
Jun 28, 2004

My happy place~

Ixiggle posted:

Which has me pretty surprised that more than two people here have seen it. Voluntarily.

• Locked thread