Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan Backslide
Feb 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Back in as a human warlock named Gricent, maybe I'll level past 20 this time. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
:siren: Molten Core 6/26 5pm PST / 8pm EST:siren:

We did really well on Monday to finish up Shazzrah and Golemagg. Both bosses were pushovers, and we're looking forward to getting through Golemagg entirely tomorrow. Sulfuron was pretty tough, but we were lacking tanks, but we have some ideas to make things easier. With any luck, we could be on Domo in one night tomorrow, but that means log on! Log on and get dem loots!

Onyxia status: Still a bitch. We need a handful more dps keyed up and she's doable. We were running into problems getting her out of phase 2 fast enough, but otherwise she wasn't that tough. We're going to be doing Onyxia and any MC clean up on Mondays, same time as Wednesday's raid. Log on this weekend to do your UBRS runs to get keys. Getting our MTs that Onyxia tank trinket will make things even easier.

So for all y'all who were waiting for us to finally get our poo poo together on raids, now is the time to get in before everyone's attendance bonuses are stacking up against you for loot.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Noah posted:

So for all y'all who were waiting for us to finally get our poo poo together on raids, now is the time to get in before everyone's attendance bonuses are stacking up against you for loot.

Well. This is good news for me (44 Mage, about 100% rested XP). Exam period is over, and I think I can hit at least 55 by next Wednesday.
Can't wait to kick some bossbutt with you guys.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

Who is this, by the way?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
One thing for Sulfuron that I remember us doing in retail was assigning interrupt targets to ranged and melee in order to help battle that heal. This is all dependent on us getting the tank situation figured out.

Can't wait for tonight!

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
I'm playing my human rogue Quorra. Likely milking rested xp, but once I can get swords at 10 it is a GG and I can just grind humanoids.

Next time I log on I'll get verified for invite to the guild. Grinding with no guild chat is so boring.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Another solid raid other than a few mishaps in the beginning with Vent crashing etc. Killed Golemagg and got some good drops as well.

SAMB0 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 27, 2013

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Hopefully The first of Many.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I wanted to give you all an update here about how we're doing in Molten Core. Thank you all for showing up and participating in the raids. We're doing a great job, as a guild, filling in the ranks with our own members and boy does it show. We can kill bosses all the way up to and including Golemagg. All we have left are: Sulfuron, Major Domo, and Rag. (Those that are honored with MC get your Aqual Quintessences so we can douse the runes.)

Currently, we are running MC with two other guilds:<The Vidya> and <Aftermath>. It's not a bad setup right now, but I strongly feel that most of their members showing up don't even bother to try to get pre-raid BIS gear and just hope for the purps. Don't follow this mistake as it will just add more time to raid nights whereas we could just breeze through content.

Our goals are to down Onyxia and clear out Molten Core, all the while inching into Blackwing Lair. Those that don't know, Vaelestraz (at least in retail vanilla) was a gear and execution check but we won't worry about that for right now.

Keep up the great work guys and those that are leveling know that we can't wait to bring you along to join the fun!

<insert Typical-style drawing here>

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Noah posted:

now is the time to get in before everyone's attendance bonuses are stacking up against you for loot.

I'm leveling as fast as I can, dammit! :f5:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

ApeEscape posted:

I wanted to give you all an update here about how we're doing in Molten Core. Thank you all for showing up and participating in the raids. We're doing a great job, as a guild, filling in the ranks with our own members and boy does it show. We can kill bosses all the way up to and including Golemagg. All we have left are: Sulfuron, Major Domo, and Rag. (Those that are honored with MC get your Aqual Quintessences so we can douse the runes.)

Currently, we are running MC with two other guilds:<The Vidya> and <Aftermath>. It's not a bad setup right now, but I strongly feel that most of their members showing up don't even bother to try to get pre-raid BIS gear and just hope for the purps. Don't follow this mistake as it will just add more time to raid nights whereas we could just breeze through content.

Our goals are to down Onyxia and clear out Molten Core, all the while inching into Blackwing Lair. Those that don't know, Vaelestraz (at least in retail vanilla) was a gear and execution check but we won't worry about that for right now.

Keep up the great work guys and those that are leveling know that we can't wait to bring you along to join the fun!

<insert Typical-style drawing here>

Also guys do not fish-bot, it turns out they will give you a 30-day suspension for it.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Dumb question but what classes are needed for the raids the most?

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

jps1979 posted:

Healers and damage dealers that don't get out dps'd by the tanks.

vvv Vidya is fine, except for the mage who complains about his spells not working so he runs around spamming Arcane Explosion. Aftermath is the real problem. Their rogues literally argued that slice and dice is a dps loss vs eviscerate.

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 28, 2013

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

rawr im a tree posted:

Healers and damage dealers that don't get out dps'd by the tanks.

Yes, it is important to note that one of the guilds we raid with is possibly retarded, and the DPS they bring are usually outdamaged by Cleon (who is the tank). The lesson to learn here is that we need more goons, who aren't terrible, to join us.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 28, 2013

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

Yes, it is important to note that one of the guilds we raid with is possibly retarded, and the DPS they bring are usually outdamaged by Cleon (who is the tank). The lesson to learn here is that we need more goons, who aren't terrible, to join us.

:psyduck: how is that even possible?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

rawr im a tree posted:

Aftermath is the real problem. Their rogues literally argued that slice and dice is a dps loss vs eviscerate.

Sweet Jesus. I need to get my rogue up to 60 then. Get me a Rend's set and I'll blow your mind... and a hand of justice.

Is PvP gear from honor still not in yet? Getting at least a few pieces from the blue set would be an easy catch for some decent stuff.

I always theorycrafted on live about the best dungeon gear sets to get so I'll be a beast in blues! But first get to 60...

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Good drat it double post.

Jrt
Feb 9, 2010
PvP gear is in but hampered by a few things: long queue times, a one week delay on rank calculation, and no rank11+ rewards, which the ED devs have decided to release at a later date due to balance concerns. That said, the blue gear is wicked in and of itself, some of it is superior to t1 (even some t2) gear for some classes due to better stat distribution/set bonuses.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Would it be possible to coordinate with a horde guild for battlegrounds?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Here is a picture I snapped off of the raid hanging around after our Magmadar kill and taking forever to do anything.

Crimson_Phoenix
Jul 26, 2005

jps1979 posted:

Be a priest so you can be a dispel magic bot 8000. :wiggle:

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
If you're going to be a priest people, please consider Dwarf. We're alliance and could REALLY use the EZ-Mode fear ward.

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
Making fun of inept raiders was the best part of vanilla. I hope there's still a group of them by the time I get 60. I don't think anything will beat the melee firestone warlock that ran with my old guild though.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ApeEscape posted:

If you're going to be a priest people, please consider Dwarf. We're alliance and could REALLY use the EZ-Mode fear ward.

I have a Dwarf priest alt. If I can change the password for her, I would be up for some sharing. Sharing is caring, after all.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Alrighty, so I've been poking in and out of this thread, because I'm a huge Vanilla WoW fan(I had quit WoW a bit over a half year ago, as the newer game wasn't doing it for me anymore.) I've never really rolled on a private server, since I've seen a bunch of silly things about them(keylogging, etc-I keep my PC nice and secure and all, so that's not a huge worry, but still.) This one seems to be one of the most 'legit' looking ones that I've seen-nice clean website and everything and doesn't look like it's run by the North Korean Mafia.

From what I've read in the thread, it's a stable and quite solid server all in all. So, I'm tempted. Having not really played any MMOs more than casually since I dropped WoW(I'm playing Rift quite a bit, but again, pretty casual), is this suggested for someone who has never really done the private server thing before, who is a big fan of the old days?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Azaael posted:

Alrighty, so I've been poking in and out of this thread, because I'm a huge Vanilla WoW fan(I had quit WoW a bit over a half year ago, as the newer game wasn't doing it for me anymore.) I've never really rolled on a private server, since I've seen a bunch of silly things about them(keylogging, etc-I keep my PC nice and secure and all, so that's not a huge worry, but still.) This one seems to be one of the most 'legit' looking ones that I've seen-nice clean website and everything and doesn't look like it's run by the North Korean Mafia.

From what I've read in the thread, it's a stable and quite solid server all in all. So, I'm tempted. Having not really played any MMOs more than casually since I dropped WoW(I'm playing Rift quite a bit, but again, pretty casual), is this suggested for someone who has never really done the private server thing before, who is a big fan of the old days?

The server tries its best to be like WoW 1.12.1. So basically the last patch before the Burning Crusade expansion. The only exception is a lot of the later raid progression content and pvp stuff has not been implemented. Off the top of my head, AB, AV, Rank 12 plus pvp rewards, both AQs, Nax (the original one obviously), and ZG have not yet been implemented. But all of that is being added. BWL was added about a month or so ago, and devs recently mentioned that they are adding AV soon.

There are still some quests that are bugged and a few other programming issues, but for the most part the server works quite well. There were issues with mob pathing, warrior charge, and blink that were fixed making things way better in that department. The population is quite large, and you constantly see people around when questing.

If you have the itch for Vanilla WoW, this is probably the best server for it. We are also pretty chill and you can be as casual as you want. We want more people to raid so we don't have to rely on other guilds to fill the ranks, but honestly, just have fun. That is what is most important.

Does that answer your question?

Also, be whatever class you would actually be excited about raiding. Don't worry about current make up, we will live with whatever. Unless its a mage or rogue, cause we have a million of those. But I am sure they will all quit by the time you are 60 anyway. So just pick whatever.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I planned on Warrior, actually at first(I mained one for awhile in the live game), though I'll probably have alts scuttling around of other classes.

But yeah, that does answer a lot. Methinks I might be poking around this site tonight and trying to set everything up. If the AQs haven't been implemented, part of me is wondering if they're going to try to do the opening or not. Sounds pretty stable and generally fun to be on, and I have had that Vanilla itch. Since Blizzard doesn't want to seem to make their own Vanilla servers, well, hey, gotta get it from somewhere. Guild sounds fun too!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
haha did slippers really get priority on epic slippers?

By the way, I missed MC this week and in the future may not be on as much due to rl adventures. Not quitting just a heads up.
ribeye

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I hope your IRL adventures reflect your username, Ribeye.

Azaael, one thing to keep in mind is when making alts just make them on a separate account. That way you can multibox if you so desire.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I didn't even know this was a thing. Super stoked to relive the glorious tedium of vanilla. In as Dotovertime, I'll try to find someone to invite me to the guild.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I'm in the process of figuring out why it says my account info is wrong. I signed up for Emerald Dream, installed it(it runs when I boot it up), and got the Connection patch from the site as well and followed all the instructions, but still it's a nogo. Going through their forums now to see if there are folks that had my problem to see if there is another fix. (And the WTF file is indeed set for Emerald Dream.)

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I had this but the ED connection patch fixed it for me not even 15 minutes ago. Weird.

Edit: Someone is trying to form a group for hogger. I'm so charmed right now. :allears:

orphean fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 28, 2013

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
And fixed. It was a silly issue. Creating Azaael, the beefcake night elf meatwad. Yes, I know Dwarves are more ideal, but my hunter is going to be a Dorf, so I settles on 1% dodge. I'm sorry, I didn't do the spergy minmax with him. :smith:

EDIT: I'm in happy tears right now. I missed this so much. I'm killing boars and planning on my Naked Wetlands run at around 12. :getin:

Oh yeah-who do I poke about the guild? Do I do that through the official lets get weird forums?

Azaael fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 28, 2013

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Just do a /who letsgetweird, most people can invite and promote you above the cage.

Sonilav
Dec 6, 2009
I was on Rebirth for a while before life tore me away and I'd like to be in on here too. Same name in game.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

ApeEscape posted:

drat it, just started a human priest.. Only level 8, but still reluctant to do it all over. Probably never going to make it to 60 anyway. :(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

If you want, I have a 20 dwarf priest I don't use, feel free to play on her. Whisper me in game (Nutshot or Tonydanza) and I'll send you the account info.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

There are a couple good players in Aftermath, but they do have several very fresh 60's still in greens...

These fights get so much easier when the DPS is like 20-30% higher for the raid. Healers OOM-ing on trash pulls is a problem. If it feels like we are going slow, that is the main reason.

To be honest though I feel really good about our progress lately. A couple weeks ago we had only killed 3 bosses in MC, now we're 7/10 already and did all 7 in a single night. We'll be on Rag pretty soon barring any major issues, and Razorgore is no more challenging than Rag (probably easier really) so we'll have that too.

lapse fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 29, 2013

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Wuntvor posted:

drat it, just started a human priest.. Only level 8, but still reluctant to do it all over. Probably never going to make it to 60 anyway. :(

Eh... I just reincarnated Tubgirl as a dwarf, and she was level 20. Level 8 is about 3-4% of the way to 60, don't sweat it.

e: Or take that guy's 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Ill have a computer next week, hooray! I was thinking of leveling a hunter but I wouldn't mind playing a priest, although leveling one seems like a lot of heartache. Is the server populated enough for regular instance runs or is it basically all questing up to 60?

• Locked thread