Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Someone want to make a quick few bucks? I'm only 20 points short of making Platinum in the Club Nintendo program, and there are really no other games that are currently out that entice me. Deadline ends on the 30th, and if I don't get anything, I might just go down to GS and pick up a cheapo title that will put me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I have an unregistered game code you can use, what's in it for me :v:

You can email me at Defeldus@gmail and I'll send you the code.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2013

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Ő_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Ő
I guess nobody really did buy Shinobi, because you can use Play Coins on that to buy StreetPass Challenge levels you haven't unlocked by StreetPassing someone else with the game for 20 play coins (I think you can also unlock them by some other in-game methods since I have one unlocked that I don't remember buying nor having unlocked via StreetPass :confused:).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

trunkwontopen posted:

Someone want to make a quick few bucks? I'm only 20 points short of making Platinum in the Club Nintendo program, and there are really no other games that are currently out that entice me. Deadline ends on the 30th, and if I don't get anything, I might just go down to GS and pick up a cheapo title that will put me over.

How much bucks?

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Bottom Liner posted:

I have an unregistered game code you can use, what's in it for me :v:

You can email me at Defeldus@gmail and I'll send you the code.

Emailed.

zenintrude posted:

How much bucks?

Let me see what Bottom Liner has in store. All I need is 20 points (I don't get much in the shop, kinda holding out for more 3DS game carrying cases). If they decline, I'll hit you up.

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Obeast posted:

I guess nobody really did buy Shinobi, because you can use Play Coins on that to buy StreetPass Challenge levels you haven't unlocked by StreetPassing someone else with the game for 20 play coins (I think you can also unlock them by some other in-game methods since I have one unlocked that I don't remember buying nor having unlocked via StreetPass :confused:).

I think you just start out with one unlocked, I'm pretty sure I just had #6 (I think) available from the start. Also that game was really good and the Streetpass levels were the best part of it, even if I never got any through Streetpassing.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

trunkwontopen posted:

Let me see what Bottom Liner has in store. All I need is 20 points (I don't get much in the shop, kinda holding out for more 3DS game carrying cases). If they decline, I'll hit you up.

Hold it. You do know that you only need to earn 300/600 coins in a year to get gold or platinum, right? You don't have to have a balance of 300/600 at the end of June. If you've been spending coins to where you have 580 right now then you don't need to do this.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 3DSXL (there was one at a pawnshop for $129.99 tax included). I was a little sad packing away my limited edition Zelda 3DS, it's a nice little system. However, I direly need something bigger for my poor eyes.

That said, the 3DSXL is notably nicer in general, I can't wait to play SMT IV on it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
3DS XL, my free copy of NSMB 2, adapter and some screen protectors should arrive tomorrow. Is the latter necessary? Both my normal DS and my Lite got heavy use and no scratches were had, I almost never take my handhelds out and I definitely won't be taking my 3DS since it'll have my downloaded games on it as well as whatever cart is in it. In any case I have them so I guess applying them is a no brainer, in the OP it says to ask the best way to do it?

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Laser Spider posted:

Hold it. You do know that you only need to earn 300/600 coins in a year to get gold or platinum, right? You don't have to have a balance of 300/600 at the end of June. If you've been spending coins to where you have 580 right now then you don't need to do this.

I was 20 coins short of getting 600 coins in a calendar year (july 1st to june 30th). I understand that it keeps track of coins earned, not spent. :) With Bottom Liner's help, I was able to meet Plat status this year. Hopefully this time, Nintendo won't send me a set of playing cards with a ripped up box.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

3DS XL, my free copy of NSMB 2, adapter and some screen protectors should arrive tomorrow. Is the latter necessary?
If you're not a slob, no, not really. But you already bought them so you might as well go hog wild, its not like it could hurt.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, the new mario+luigi game looks loving awesome, I just hope it does away with the sparse goddamn savepoints that the other games had. for a portable game series, I could never get into them because it felt like I had to keep slogging through poo poo even when I had to close the system soon, and that annoyed the hell out of me. It's 2013, let me loving save anywhere.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

homeless snail posted:

If you're not a slob, no, not really. But you already bought them so you might as well go hog wild, its not like it could hurt.

Unless you carry it in your pockets, at which point the bottom screen will cause wear on the top screen, even on the XL. A top screen protector at minimum is well advised.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Someone way earlier in the thread mentioned something about putting cabinet spacers to protect the top screen from the scratchtastic bottom screen's bezel.

I gave my young cousin my old DS collection and seeing how scratched upwell loved the screen looks now makes me want to take care of this little thing. Worth the effort?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

general chaos posted:

Someone way earlier in the thread mentioned something about putting cabinet spacers to protect the top screen from the scratchtastic bottom screen's bezel.

I gave my young cousin my old DS collection and seeing how scratched upwell loved the screen looks now makes me want to take care of this little thing. Worth the effort?

Yeah, I think it's worth the effort to take care of your pricy electronics.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

general chaos posted:

It is. I have two thin little hairline lines on the top screen from taking it out with me when I was on route delivering packages. It's really only noticable if the screen is stark white but i'm OCD about that poo poo so to stop it getting any worse I went to target and got a pack of tiny clear spacer/jams and put em' in the top corners. Works like a charm. Worth not having to pay the price of a new screen.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
Turns out my Hori top screen protectors applied AFTER all. it's just they applied so cleanly u didn't even notice them. Luckily what I crumbled last time was the applicator. I just didn't expect 2 layers.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's how seriously good they are.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My top one ripped in half while I was trying to apply it. I was pretty annoyed, but I'll probably get a second one eventually. Haven't noticed any rubbing on mine, though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there's no noticeable decline of 3D effects or tactile effect on either screen once applied, are there?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there any kind of reward for doing the puzzles or are they just... there? Cause I haven't been bothering to go into the puzzle thing when I get a streetpass. I just collect the Mii and that's it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
E ^^^ You get a 3D animated version of the scene.

Roguelike posted:

I think, I may have found the portion of Project X Zone that people described as grindy. Level 28 had 6 bosses, including an identical clone of the toughest boss for no reason. Level 29 had two additional clones of the boss. This trend is somewhat worrying.

http://www.twitch.tv/roguelike (come see if chapter 30 will have the four kings)

:stare: This is making me want to return the game, but seeing all that fan service also makes me think this will be like $200 on ebay in another couple of months. That music sounds way too much like MIDI files. I'm glad I didn't have any time to play the game now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

:stare: This is making me want to return the game, but seeing all that fan service also makes me think this will be like $200 on ebay in another couple of months. That music sounds way too much like MIDI files. I'm glad I didn't have any time to play the game now.

I'd hold onto it because it's already selling for additional moneys on Ebay and it'll probably only go up.

Playing it is just not fun. At all. I picked up the English version because why not and it's a shame because gently caress that.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Is there any kind of reward for doing the puzzles or are they just... there? Cause I haven't been bothering to go into the puzzle thing when I get a streetpass. I just collect the Mii and that's it.

If you don't collect new pieces then you don't get to pass on those pieces to other people whom you pass. Get in there, get those puzzle pieces, and start sharing the good vibes. :3:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MinibarMatchman posted:

man, the new mario+luigi game looks loving awesome, I just hope it does away with the sparse goddamn savepoints that the other games had. for a portable game series, I could never get into them because it felt like I had to keep slogging through poo poo even when I had to close the system soon, and that annoyed the hell out of me. It's 2013, let me loving save anywhere.

Good news! There's a save button on the bottom screen in Dream Team, so you can save anywhere!

New trailer, the game is looking really good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Good news! There's a save button on the bottom screen in Dream Team, so you can save anywhere!

Holy poo poo, I didn't see that! Well, I'm sold.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh my god. Giant Luigi fights. :allears: I actually liked the giant Bowser fights of BiS, too. Hopefully they've ironed out the flaws of giant Bowser to make giant Luigi amazing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bit the bullet and bought Bugs Vs. Tanks. It's fun. The game is basically Honey I Shrunk The Kids but with tanks.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bit the bullet and bought Bugs Vs. Tanks. It's fun. The game is basically Honey I Shrunk The Kids but with tanks.

I've had my finger hovering over this to purchase it (ended up buying Picross-e last night instead) but this succinct review just sold me on it. Get ready, bugs, you're about to get hosed. :black101:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

MinibarMatchman posted:

there's no noticeable decline of 3D effects or tactile effect on either screen once applied, are there?

Correct, there is no impact to the 3D effect and no stickiness to using the stylus or your finger. There is a subtle purple reflection effect over the glossy black backdrop of the top half of the system, but it is not evident over the display portion, and you will probably only notice it since I pointed it out to you. We're talking about the Hori screen protectors here.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I wish we'd get those newer Hori screen protectors someone mentioned about that don't bubble up because of some wizardry. Seems like Amazon only has the older ones.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dehry posted:

Oh, the music isn't nearly that bad. Its just sub-CD Quality, it sort of reminds me of an early DS game or a GBA game in terms of sound quality, its not too bad, but most of the music was in Namco X Capcom so that soundtrack is obviously preferred save for the tracks for the Sega characters.

If you want to know what awful MIDI quality music really sounds like you should look at Sonic Chronicles on the DS.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, it's OK for what it is.
Getting SD versions of WW2 tanks is fun, and so's the customization (you get to mix and match chassis and turret, and apply paint patterns).
I wish there was a bigger selection of tanks. I also wish there were tank destroyers, but it's only real tanks with rotating turrets.
The game play's simple. You only get to rotate the turret and drive around--the gunner shoots automatically.

It's not deep or anything, but it's fun enough buzzing around shooting at giant bugs.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

3D classics Shinobi III and Galaxy Force II just got OFLC ratings, so there's a good chance they are heading West. No idea how the 3D will add to Shinobi, but it's such a little awesome game that even with it off is good to see it given some attention.

On another topic, tomorrow's the last day to take advantage of the European promotion of getting a free game. I just realized a buddy of mine, with whom I'd like to share Animal Crossing stories with, is just a game away from getting it free, so I opened a thread on SA Mart to buy someone's unused Club Nintendo code for Donkey Kong, Lego City, Castlevania, or Pokémon Gates. Feel free to help out if you aren't going to use your code.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Saoshyant posted:

3D classics Shinobi III and Galaxy Force II just got OFLC ratings, so there's a good chance they are heading West. No idea how the 3D will add to Shinobi, but it's such a little awesome game that even with it off is good to see it given some attention.

On another topic, tomorrow's the last day to take advantage of the European promotion of getting a free game. I just realized a buddy of mine, with whom I'd like to share Animal Crossing stories with, is just a game away from getting it free, so I opened a thread on SA Mart to buy someone's unused code for Donkey Kong, Lego City, Castlevania, or Pokémon Gates. Feel free to help out if you aren't going to use your code.

You gonna use the money I gave you for your Castlevania code? :v:

VVV Just thought there would be cosmic irony to use the money from selling something to regain essentially the same thing. Never mind.

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 29, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

AngryCaterpillar posted:

You gonna use the money I gave you for your Castlevania code? :v:

Fire Emblem. And considering that was a month ago, it's been already used, though I have no idea why you're bringing that up.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I made it to Gold on Club Nintendo, what do I have to do to get my reward?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That new Mario & Luigi game looks loving sweet

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3D Streets of Rage just got rated, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

RMZXAnarchy posted:

If you want to know what awful MIDI quality music really sounds like you should look at Sonic Chronicles on the DS.

The deepest layer of hell is listening to that poo poo on loop. The one thing that could generally be said about bad Sonic games was "well, at least the music is good." Bioware managed to gently caress even that up.

• Locked thread