Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austere things
Feb 4, 2013
To prove how good and purehearted we are, why not see if some charming clown tricks from Eughh and Dropsy can turn the gunman's frown upside down?

Alternatively, offer the gunman clown paint, either to become part of Dropsy's posse or in exchange for his swell hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

He's robbing you! Quick, throw your entire inventory at him at once so he doesn't get mad!

Don't worry, he's a gunslinger! I'm sure he has the reflexes to catch everything at once.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mourn Cactus

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

Chard posted:

Mourn Cactus
Hold funueral service for cactcus

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Offer him the shovel and the mattock and let him take his pick.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
Has this man seen the Cactus? Maybe he'll help you look for it? Would he like some facepaint?

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Above Our Own posted:

I don't understand "funeral"

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Dropsy stared down the pitch black steel barrel of death, matched only by the dark eyes of the grizzled man in front of him. Never breaking eye contact, he reaches slowly into his pants and pulls out a single nugget of gold, and holding it up in the dim light, its surface glinting slightly. The silent assailant smiles, beckoning him to hand it over, gun still trained on our hero. He says nothing, but nods slightly towards his faithful hound, Eughh.

The clown throws it up high. The would be robber's eyes instinctively follow it, reaching out to seize the shining nugget. His gun lowers, Eurghh sees his chance and leaps for his arm, sinking his teeth in deep, tasting the tinny blood as it seeps between his teeth, hearing the shrill cry of pain from his target. The sound of metal clattering against stone can be heard as the gun hits the floor.

Dropsy pulls the shovel out of his pants, brings it back, and swings forward with all his strength, feeling bones crack as he makes contact with the face of his opponent. Forehand, backhand, and forehand again, as if tennis had become bloodsport.

The criminal collapses to the floor, clutching his jaw in agony, eyes watering in pain. Stricken with fear, he can't even bring himself to move as he meets eyes with his attacker, his face still smiling down at him through his pale, corpse-like make-up, and his red, sanguine lips.

'He never stopped smiling', he thought, as he slipped into unconsciousness.

'He never stopped smiling...'

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Eat gun

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Spacedad posted:

You should ask the forum mods/admins if it's okay. I don't see why they'd say no.

Seconding.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

BiggerJ posted:

Seconding.

I sent another message a few days ago, no word yet. I'm not supposed to say anything about soliciting or I'll get into trouble. Maybe after the story ends they'll let me. :) Or maybe I could start a thread in Games? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I haven't started on the art for the next panel yet, so keep suggesting stuff!

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 1, 2013

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Tell the gunslinger that you're really not worth robbing

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You could make and buy a banner ad.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

RandomPauI posted:

You could make and buy a banner ad.

Already did. ;)

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Citizen Insane posted:

You know what defeats guns every single time? Hugs. That man is obviously a sheriff from the shiny on his chest, so all you need to do is show him that you're one of the good guys! Hugs. Hugs are always the way. Maybe he'll even give you a shiny star too!

To be fair, Dropsy's experiences with law enforcement have not been...good. The officers at the previous department were covering for the mob, and the one guy who wasn't was going to murder dropsy to keep the reward money.

Dropsy should not at all talk to the police, and then post a thread in gbs about it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

>Give Eughh to Deputy

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Rohaq posted:

'He never stopped smiling...'

You do not know Dropsy very well :colbert:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Make a surprised face and point over his shoulder. When he turns around smack him with the shovel.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

That guy just needs a hug. Also maybe some face paint.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Seconding calling out to the bats.

Or failing that I'm sure Eughh hasn't eaten in a few days.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Dropsy must flail his arms in a desperate attempt to explain his situation.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Juggle everything in your inventory and while dude is clapping at such feat the dog tears his leg off this isn't rocket science people. then take stuff then look for cactus .

Great video by the way. Keep up the awesome work.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Considering that this is a mine, this man is a miner who lost his pick and is trying to trade his revolver for your pick. Just help a poor soul out.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Folks, Dropsy is not the type to try and fight his way out of a situation. The prospect of a physical altercation pretty much always terrifies him. I want to know why this guy is drawing a gun on him. I have no doubt that Dropsy will be able to help him in some way that continues the adventure without bloodshed.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
drat, Dropsy deserves this situation he's in, poor cactus. Take your lumps Dropsy, book 'im sherrif!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Offer the Sheriff some face-paint.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just a thought. Let's pretend you're hanging out in a mine for unknown reasons, when through the gloom comes... well Dropsy and Euugh doing their very best Donkey and Diddy Kong impression. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't experience any truly conscious thought until all movement stopped and there was nothing but the frantic *click click click* as my spent gun hammered away at the six empty chambers.

This man has nerves of steel. I just hope he's a good guy.

(Still voting for calling in a bat attack)

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Offer to paint his face for him and while he's distracted call the bats. Take his hat too.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Dropsy is very familiar with offerings at party stores. The "Sheriff" is clearly holding a water pistol and his badge is made of plastic. Show him REAL gold and he will clearly know who is boss - offer to give him the pickaxe or shovel (his choice!) if he'd like to join your party. If he accepts, give him a hug and carry on.

If he does not accept, give him a hug and politely ask he step aside.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hold up your hands and show you are not a threat, perhaps by performing some silly clown trick and try to get a smile.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Clown the mining cart! Maybe the gunman just needs to see another happy face.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Very slowly put your inventory on the floor, this fellow clearly means business! Maybe he wants something we have, and we don't want a fight.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Perform tricks for the nice man, maybe he just needs to be cheered up :unsmith:

unemployedartist
Mar 31, 2011
Offer to trade gold and/or money for hat.

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013
I think in order to have a proper character arc we need some kind of tragedy. Either Eughh or Pokey should valiantly sacrifice themselves, disarming the robber. Dropsy then beats the robber to death with his own shoes. Dropsy wanders the desert coming to terms with the loss of a friend, and the guilt of killing a man.

E: just saw the video. RIP Pokey. Maybe mouse friend could make a brief comeback only to sacrifice himself to save dropsy from Sheriff Badman

Iriquois fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 2, 2013

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Well I dunno what else we can do other than STICK EM UP!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Above Our Own posted:

Yep seconding mourn cactus. Hope there's a tombstone.

Does anyone have an archived link of the last couple Dropys?

The OP posted:

Original Thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2758907
or here for folks without Archives: http://jaytholen.net/dropsy2.html
Yeah this, but also the second one.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 2, 2013

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Am i the only one who thinks the guy with the gun looks like some kind of cleric or preacher? It looks like a cross on his chest and his hat and robe make him look like an old western preacher (in fact type that into google images ad that is what comes up)

Not sure why he would have a gun and be in a mine though. Clearly a misunderstanding somewhere. Dropsy needs to throw the cactus at him and while he is struggling grab his hat (dropsy needs a hat!) and make his escape further into the mines.

Rank and Vile
Nov 11, 2008

I guess I didn't really think this through...

Ask the Sheriff if you can be his deputy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Tell the sheriff that he is your deputy.

• Locked thread