Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Conquistador posted:

Some of these I'm ashamed that it makes me "choose" one.

Dude, Bryan messaged you. Why won't you respond to Bryan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The two in the first one aren't that bad.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Conquistador posted:

Some of these I'm ashamed that it makes me "choose" one.

The one on the right is a real dog.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Is OKC trying to get scientific evidence that no one should wear a fedora?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Atticus_1354 posted:

I hope it is a brand new mask with modern filters or else it isn't going to do anything except trap chemicals near your face and maybe give you cancer.

Belgian surplus mask, modern filters. Hey, Cancer is my zodiac sign. Also explains my fascination with all things that glow blue.

We now continue our previously scheduled programming.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Frankston posted:

The two in the first one aren't that bad.

E: I assure you, I have :siren: sex :siren: with everything from 1s to 3s and everything in between so I don't have unrealistic standards :smug:

Tom Brady has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Jul 2, 2013

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Gaunab posted:

I've got a pair of drop crotch sweatpants. I got them before the biebs though so him trying to Monopoly the style is sort of annoying because sometimes I wonder if people think I'm a fan of his. Comfy pants though.

If you need that much crotch room to be comfortable, you should probably seek medical attention. Having swollen balls is a serious medical condition you know.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I actually took this one at walmart :eng99:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Conquistador posted:

That sure is one awkward looking sign?

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003

Conquistador posted:

I don't get this one. It just looks like that lady decided to put a bag on her head to protect her hair because it's raining. I see people do that all the time.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, I was poor shaming I guess

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Conquistador posted:

Sorry, I was poor shaming I guess

She probably had her hair done up nice and didn't want it to ruin in the rain. Haven't you ever listened to Oprah rant about how time consuming straightening and styling black person hair is?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

ThatPazuzu posted:

I have actually met someone with a legitimate "Jedi braid" because "he was still in training." I would have asked him to elaborate but I really didn't want to talk to him anymore than I had to.

I had one at university and cut it off when I graduated. It was a good incentive to study, any year I repeated was another year with that on my head.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Stottie Kyek posted:

I had one at university and cut it off when I graduated. It was a good incentive to study, any year I repeated was another year with that on my head.

Is this a joke?

If it isn't a joke, did you really grow a braid because you were in university?

Did you really do that because of Star Wars?

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Who can resist the sexual attraction of the ponytail?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Conquistador posted:

Is this a joke?

If it isn't a joke, did you really grow a braid because you were in university?

Did you really do that because of Star Wars?

A bunch of us in high school had long hair anyway so when we all went away to different universities we made braids. I think I was the only one who actually kept mine until graduation though. :reject:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Oh, I know where that is. Those are the Canadian parliament buildings in the background, and that's the Ottawa River, so this photo was taken in Hull. Hull is the dirty, dirty place just across the Quebec border where 18-year-old anglo teenagers from Ottawa go to drink and gawk at terrifying strippers. This image doesn't surprise me all that much.

That's been a thing for at least a couple of years now. The original source is the rage comic thumbnailed below, and though it's marginally amusing at best, for some reason the reddits latched onto it and ran it into the ground.

I will contest this. I always that the origin was that "End of the World" flash from forever ago, where the French people said how they "are le tired."

I was ironically saying le before some of these jerks were even born! :clint:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

That DICK! posted:

I will contest this. I always that the origin was that "End of the World" flash from forever ago, where the French people said how they "are le tired."

I feel like a rage comic is a lot more prone to be devoured and assimilated by redditors than a 10 year old flash video is.

Galliope
Oct 12, 2012
OkCupid is as always, a gold mine.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny, for me to find ugly chicks on OKCupid, I mostly have to look in who visits my profile versus the actual matches it suggests.

le sigh :suicide:

E:

I want you inside of me. All of you.

E: at least she has one nice eye, i guess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Drumline
Jan 28, 2007
I'M CAPTAIN DRUMLINE, THE ROCK AND ROLL CLOWN!

I DO COCAINE!

Sagebrush posted:

Oh, I know where that is. Those are the Canadian parliament buildings in the background, and that's the Ottawa River, so this photo was taken in Hull. Hull is the dirty, dirty place just across the Quebec border where 18-year-old anglo teenagers from Ottawa go to drink and gawk at terrifying strippers. This image doesn't surprise me all that much.

That's been a thing for at least a couple of years now. The original source is the rage comic thumbnailed below, and though it's marginally amusing at best, for some reason the reddits latched onto it and ran it into the ground.

I can't believe that this totally mediocre comic was the origin of all of those lovely "le ____" jokes. No way. It's so anathema to me that I really can't understand it. Like, how do you read such a bad comic, decide that "this is totally cool dudes", and then make a meme out of it?

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
I think the culprit for a lot of these fashion and grooming disasters is dude-to-dude fashion advice. Guys egging other guys on to make lovely style choices. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a guy on my facebook news feed asking "Should I shave my beard?" and a chorus of girls saying "yes, it doesn't look good!" But one bro comes in and says, "no way man, shaving is for pussies!" and the guy is swayed to keep his horrible pube-forest neckbeard.

Why do guys take fashion advice of their fellow men so much more seriously than from girls? What do these women know about what women find attractive anyway, right?? Guy-to-guy advice has been the culprit for countless bad buzz cuts, nasty-rear end beards, keeping long greasy locks (even though literally every single girl is saying yes, cut your hair) and this one mutual friend who keeps bleaching his ginger hair. :( It looks terrible, but his guy friends keep telling him to do it because they think it's funny. He's a big guy, so he looks like Guy Fieri, and it's awful. We were both in a mutual friend's wedding, and he asked the wedding party whether he should bleach his hair again. All the bridesmaids begged him not to do it, said it would look horrible, etc... but one groomsman encourages him to do it, and he's set. So we had everyone in the wedding looking great, and one guy who looked like Fat Eminem. It's frustrating.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
There's something about amateur rappers that's just so embarrassing. My favorite part is when the junkie looking guy starts to rap awkwardly through a filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwrZaYxAinE

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

That DICK! posted:

People have probably been saying "le" for faux French for a long time. It happens all the time in old Pepe Le Pew cartoons. Citing an example that's been around for a while doesn't explain why annoying people on the internet have only recently started saying it.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

And the winner of Most Punchable Face 2013 goes to...

-----

Some more cringe channel content:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to just rehost/link the picture but his own caption (on a dating site) was too good to pass up.

E: Ok which one of you is this:

E2: Yeah I just read her profile and theres like an 80% chance she's a goon ffs.

Tom Brady has a new favorite as of 04:45 on Jul 2, 2013

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature
Brother-in-law sent me this

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mildly Amusing posted:

In the thumbnail, the guy on the right's hair looks MS Painted in.

(In the full version, it looks like someone shat on his head.)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mildly Amusing posted:

Super saiyans are the opposite of awkward

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Well "breast juice" is going on the list of terms that I wish I had never heard.

Also I attempted to read that thing, and she says she breastfeeds her husband too.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Mildly Amusing posted:

That's how my sisters hair looked after it caught on fire. Never knew that was a popular look with the kids.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mildly Amusing posted:

The guy on the left I could give a pass. The guy in the middle has just made poor life decisions. But the guy on the right, drat ain't nothing can be done.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rasmussen posted:

The guy on the left I could give a pass. The guy in the middle has just made poor life decisions. But the guy on the right, drat ain't nothing can be done.

Are we sure the guy on the left isn't just Taylor Lautner at 13?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Jamesman posted:

Well "breast juice" is going on the list of terms that I wish I had never heard.

Also I attempted to read that thing, and she says she breastfeeds her husband too.

That kid looks very well-fed, time to suck it up.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
See now, I look at him... and I just wonder where I went wrong

E: I just now realized shes also grabbing his...breast.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's actually a publicity still from a remake of The Wasp Woman. I'm pretty sure it's the actress and the poor dude who plays her when she becomes the titular monster.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Galliope posted:

OkCupid is as always, a gold mine.

This is exactly how I remember my grandpa looking: cap, cane, pipe, oversize glasses. Only I'm pretty sure my grandpa wore a jacket that fit him correctly.

What I'm saying is, actually, wearing my granddad's clothes makes you look like a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

The guy on the right looks like an IRL Beavis.

• Locked thread