Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

The guy on the right looks like an IRL Beavis.

And the guy in the middle looks like Togi Makabe and Eddie Guerrero had a teleporter accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Was it ever confirmed if the dude on the right was Kuuenbu in an even more awkward phase, or is that just the most obvious joke

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Even butthead cant contain his :gonk:.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
This perfectly encapsulates that common nerd fallacy of suit = sophistication, without remotely understanding just what goes into making it work. In this guy's case he's raided the op shop and has combined poorly fitting formal and informal wear and assumed they will work by themselves.

A black shirt almost always indicates formal. A shirt should generally be the palest thing you wear to contrast with the rest.

Jackets with jumpers are nearly impossible to pull off as they evoke an image of an old man. If you must, the general rule is to go with an open necked shirt - no tie as it's smart casual.

The silk tie clashes. Pocket squares should match the shirt or a subtle highlight from the tie - but not match the tie exactly. Simple off white would match the dots in this case. But again shouldn't belong.

The cap. Traditionally the flat cap is associated with outdoors and working. In the upper-class it was seen as casual wear. Anyone could wear one. Your jacket's materials would change to match the casual informal wear - tweed or twill.

If he ditched the tie and jacket he'd be moving into the right place.

BogDew has a new favorite as of 12:21 on Jul 2, 2013

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

It's he couldn't decide between Newsies Christian Bale and Bruce Wayne Christian Bale and just decided to mix his favorite of the two.

One thing I learned from European foreign exchange students is they think most Americans dress like poo poo when they attempt to 'dress up' for social or formal events. Most all of the pictures in this thread seem to be American/Canadian people and that weird looking pig guy from Europe.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

pentyne posted:

It's he couldn't decide between Newsies Christian Bale and Bruce Wayne Christian Bale and just decided to mix his favorite of the two.

One thing I learned from European foreign exchange students is they think most Americans dress like poo poo when they attempt to 'dress up' for social or formal events. Most all of the pictures in this thread seem to be American/Canadian people and that weird looking pig guy from Europe.

They're right, though!

Also, Christian Bale could wear nothing but ten thousand fedoras all over his body in a giant fedoracloud and I would be okay with it.

Best manskirt

I like that the panties are sticking out because I like that this person bothered to wear panties in the first place.

I am sad now.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Swag is for boys
Class is for men
Playing dress up with your grandpa's wardrobe is for manchildren

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Mildly Amusing posted:

Brother-in-law sent me this

Good old harv 5.

And then he is the subject of :nws: :nms: fan art :nms: :nws:

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

They're right, though!

Also, Christian Bale could wear nothing but ten thousand fedoras all over his body in a giant fedoracloud and I would be okay with it.

Best manskirt

I like that the panties are sticking out because I like that this person bothered to wear panties in the first place.

I am sad now.

It just looks like she painted her rear end grey.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjZf7Nqbo0

PUA videos are the best videos. Just gonna say gently caress a lot and call you a whore and poo poo hehehehe wanna gently caress?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

WebDog posted:

A black shirt almost always indicates formal.

I thought it indicated neo-Nazi.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Stottie Kyek posted:

I thought it indicated neo-Nazi.

Nazis wore brown shirts (the SA), black shirts were the fascists.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised for neo-nazis to get it wrong, but you know.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

DorkusMalorkus posted:

This is exactly how I remember my grandpa looking: cap, cane, pipe, oversize glasses. Only I'm pretty sure my grandpa wore a jacket that fit him correctly.

What I'm saying is, actually, wearing my granddad's clothes makes you look like a loving idiot.

So, you're saying you won't be following Macklemore's style instructions then?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's not wearing grandpa clothes, it's wearing grandpa clothes with absolutely no attention paid to proper fit or color coordination so you end up looking like a Goodwill exploded.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

inspire posted:

PUA videos are the best videos. Just gonna say gently caress a lot and call you a whore and poo poo hehehehe wanna gently caress?

I managed 1:27 before I couldn't physically stand to watch that any more.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

inspire posted:

loving hell. I watched the first attempt and the second shorter one, that's as far as I could get. He's got someone to film this for him. Really think about that, if these girls don't feel uncomfortable enough there's a guy just awkwardly pointing a camera at them for the duration of this.

Double Plus Good posted:

I think the culprit for a lot of these fashion and grooming disasters is dude-to-dude fashion advice. Guys egging other guys on to make lovely style choices. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a guy on my facebook news feed asking "Should I shave my beard?" and a chorus of girls saying "yes, it doesn't look good!" But one bro comes in and says, "no way man, shaving is for pussies!" and the guy is swayed to keep his horrible pube-forest neckbeard.

I can't really understand why beards are to rife amongst uh, neck beards. You'd think that traditional wet shaving would play into their 'classier times' fantasy and their obsession with blades.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

inspire posted:

Yeah I doubt I'll ever make it more than a couple minutes into this but I think his chances would be better if he had the tribble growing out of his skull removed.

E: Okay, I made it to the second "attempt" when he tells the girl that he "doesn't run into girls he likes often." Literally after hitting on another random girl he just saw on the street. I think that encapsulates what's wrong with this whole "movement"; these shitbags see women as puzzle boxes they need to say the right things to in order to unlock, even if it involves blatantly lying to their faces.

Nikaer Drekin has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Jul 2, 2013

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Stangg posted:

I managed 1:27 before I couldn't physically stand to watch that any more.

0:48

His hair made me want to punch it off of his stupid head.

Strontium posted:

Good old harv 5.

And then he is the subject of :nws: :nms: fan art :nms: :nws:

Tell me more about this man please. The NWS picture alone, why the gently caress is Luigi watching you ?!

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

I would think that he would already have achieved #4 many times over.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tea Bone posted:

I can't really understand why beards are to rife amongst uh, neck beards. You'd think that traditional wet shaving would play into their 'classier times' fantasy and their obsession with blades.

Beards are a feature of learned men is probably the justification, they're trying to look like olde worlde philosopher types.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Plus, learning a straight razor technique is loving hard.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

F the haters, this kid knows EXACTLY what he's doin'.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Is that Ali Larter in mom jeans? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005123/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

No, it's Jennifer Rubin.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Wow, so that's actually from the 1958 movie. For some reason I read it as being remade again recently.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

veedubfreak posted:

Wow, so that's actually from the 1958 movie. For some reason I read it as being remade again recently.

That's because it was remade in 1995.

The picture is a publicity shot of the monster costume from the 1995 remake.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Now I have to rent Bad Dreams.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

0:48

His hair made me want to punch it off of his stupid head.

Tell me more about this man please. The NWS picture alone, why the gently caress is Luigi watching you ?!

And what is protruding from the guy's rear end?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

And what is protruding from the guy's rear end?

One of the best sentences ever uttered by a human being.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Oh god, I didn't even notice the anal beads until now. Also why are they both crying?! :psyduck:

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Tea Bone posted:

loving hell. I watched the first attempt and the second shorter one, that's as far as I could get. He's got someone to film this for him. Really think about that, if these girls don't feel uncomfortable enough there's a guy just awkwardly pointing a camera at them for the duration of this.

There's this weird adulation of beards right now, like life is some Dr. Pepper 10 commercial where you aren't a real man unless you've got a huge beard and are slathering yourself in bacon and plaid. Evidence, this super popular vine video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB8HRrJ0KM It's just like neckbeards thinking fedoras = instant style and class. It's a way to get the reward without putting in any of the work. Some guys think it will give them instant ~manliness~ to have a beard, even though they don't have any other "manly" traits, physically or in personality. And then of course when they've grown their awful looking and poorly maintained beard, their friends shame them into keeping it because "real men have beards!" And it's a way to make themselves feel better when they're rejected in favor of the well-built, clean shaven man. "Well, at least I have a beard! That guy's face is so smooth he could be Justin Bieber, burr."

http://youtu.be/3nQwLlFF1As?t=25s
Further evidence, this band, "The Beards." I know it's their shtick, but every one of them looks awkward as gently caress with those beards. Lyrics from the song, "There once was a girl, and her husband had a beard, she asked him to shave it off and now she's dead." :rolleyes:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Double Plus Good posted:

There's this weird adulation of beards right now, like life is some Dr. Pepper 10 commercial where you aren't a real man unless you've got a huge beard and are slathering yourself in bacon and plaid. Evidence, this super popular vine video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB8HRrJ0KM It's just like neckbeards thinking fedoras = instant style and class. It's a way to get the reward without putting in any of the work. Some guys think it will give them instant ~manliness~ to have a beard, even though they don't have any other "manly" traits, physically or in personality. And then of course when they've grown their awful looking and poorly maintained beard, their friends shame them into keeping it because "real men have beards!" And it's a way to make themselves feel better when they're rejected in favor of the well-built, clean shaven man. "Well, at least I have a beard! That guy's face is so smooth he could be Justin Bieber, burr."

http://youtu.be/3nQwLlFF1As?t=25s
Further evidence, this band, "The Beards." I know it's their shtick, but every one of them looks awkward as gently caress with those beards. Lyrics from the song, "There once was a girl, and her husband had a beard, she asked him to shave it off and now she's dead." :rolleyes:

The Beards are awesome as hell dude. They're funny and their songs are catchy and fun, there's nothing awkward about them at all, they're actually making fun of the manly stigma of beards. You can't just take one lyric out of context to make them sound dumb or misogynistic or whatever, listen to all of that song, "Shaved off his beard", and tell me you didn't laugh. :colbert:

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Ez posted:

The Beards are awesome as hell dude. They're funny and their songs are catchy and fun, there's nothing awkward about them at all, they're actually making fun of the manly stigma of beards. You can't just take one lyric out of context to make them sound dumb or misogynistic or whatever, listen to all of that song, "Shaved off his beard", and tell me you didn't laugh. :colbert:

I didn't listen too intently, their video just came up in the "related videos" of that vine video. Their beards also look awful. Like I said, I figured "manly beard love" was their shtick (didn't realize it was supposed to be satire), but enough guys actually hold that mentality that it annoyed me anyway. The mentality that your manliness will literally wither off and die if your face is hairless.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

In Drywall posted:

F the haters, this kid knows EXACTLY what he's doin'.

I would actually consider goal number one to be totally acceptable. The others... definitely aren't.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Double Plus Good posted:

I didn't listen too intently, their video just came up in the "related videos" of that vine video. Their beards also look awful. Like I said, I figured "manly beard love" was their shtick (didn't realize it was supposed to be satire), but enough guys actually hold that mentality that it annoyed me anyway. The mentality that your manliness will literally wither off and die if your face is hairless.

Yeah some of their stuff might initially sound like "rah rah beards are manly" stuff but they really are just a comedy band and they're totally in on the joke.

Personally I have a beard just because I think I look better with it, not because of any kind of machismo. Thanks to this thread I have become obsessive about keeping it trimmed, clean and short too. I don't want to end up in here some day.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ez posted:

Personally I have a beard just because I think I look better with it, not because of any kind of machismo. Thanks to this thread I have become obsessive about keeping it trimmed, clean and short too. I don't want to end up in here some day.

Same here.

It's not a mennonite beard, though. That would be awkward and ugly.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Ez posted:

Yeah some of their stuff might initially sound like "rah rah beards are manly" stuff but they really are just a comedy band and they're totally in on the joke.

That's good, though. Having a beard isn't the issue if you know what to do with it, and plenty of guys look much better with a bit of scruff or a close beard (Rainn Wilson, for example.) The problem comes in when guys think with a "the bigger the better" mentality, because more beard = more man! So they end up with beards like the guy on the far left of the band, or the one with the glasses. Big, bushy, unkempt beards.

Eugh.

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Jul 2, 2013

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
All of those beards are cool as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bundle of Keys posted:

If there's anything positive to say about this; I think his basement looks really spacy and tidy. Get some decor on the walls and set up a mini bar, maybe a pool table too, and it would be a pretty sweet basement.

If by "spacy and tidy" you mean "empty, devoid of decoration and looking the same way it did 5 years ago", then yes.

There's enough space there that he could have hooked up to look OK in some way, even put some lovely power metal posters up, but it still looks like unleased office space or an unused meeting room in a small business.

Bonus image:

The thing I don't get about him is that you'd think he'd consider retreating from the internet or at least switch his user name around from forum to forum after his unfortunate wander into infamy, but he kept going, using the same Pokemon/anime/whatever the gently caress Kuuenbu is moniker and, if anything, looks even scarier now. If Dragonforce changed his life, it didn't change much except his barber from what I can tell.

I miss Helldump.

• Locked thread