Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

USA's best dressed show is back for its 3rd season :siren:Tuesday:siren: July 17th at 10/9c

The Cast:

Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht)
Headstrong and talented Harvey is a senior partner at Pearson Hardman where he is Jessica Pearson's right hand man. A man with flexible morals, Harvey worked his way up from the mail room, to Harvard Law and after a stint at the Manhattan DA's office became the firm's best closer. He will do just about anything that will advance his career and the interests of the firm leading him to hire a lawyer who didn't actually go to law school.

Mike Ross (Patrick J Adams)
An aspiring law student who was expelled for cheating Mike bounced around running scams taking exams for other people. After accidentally running in to Harvey while he was reviewing applicants for a new associate Mike impressed him with his eidetic memory and understanding of the law. Mike quickly proved himself as a brilliant lawyer but his empathy and naivete sometimes get the better of him with clients.

Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres)
As a black female managing partner of a prestigious law firm "strong willed" does not even begin to describe Jessica Pearson. Extremely ruthless Jessica will do anything to win a case. She mentored Harvey, bringing him up through the ranks and getting him in to Harvard.

Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman)
Another senior partner at the firm Louis Litt oversees the first year associates and is Harvey's rival. Louis had to recently prove his loyalty seeing as he backed the losing side in the recent civil war within the firm. An egomaniac, Louis is one of the most fun characters on the show.

Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle)
A paralegal at the firm Rachel has had an on again/off again relationship with Mike. The daughter of a high powered attorney Rachel recently had her application for Harvard Law denied and her dreams of a future attorney at the firm shattered. At the end of the 2nd season Mike confessed to Rachel that he wasn't actually a lawyer.

Donna Paulsen (Sarah Raffety)
BEST CHARACTER
Donna is Harvey's secretary and totally has a crush on him. She's worked with Harvey since his time at the DA's office and is willing to do anything to protect him, including (as we saw in season 2) covering up for him when she thought he had committed a crime.

Season 2 summary (taken from Wikipedia)

quote:

Founder Daniel Hardman (David Costabile) returns to the firm, and Jessica and Harvey fear he wishes to return to his former position as managing partner. Because of this, Jessica allows Mike to continue working, despite discovering his secret. Meanwhile, Jenny confronts Mike about his feelings for Rachel, and when Mike hesitates in his response, Jenny breaks up with him. At the firm, Travis Tanner (Eric Close) accuses Harvey of burying evidence and is determined to have Harvey disbarred. Donna finds the missing document and realizes she had signed in the document and then lost it; she panics and destroys the document. She is fired by Jessica shortly after. Hardman is able to blackmail Tanner into dropping Harvey's disbarment from the settlement, and Hardman's decision to settle or Jessica's decision to go to trial is put to vote. With the partners' evenly split, Harvey, who has the deciding vote, and realizing the trial will jeopardize everyone at the firm, votes to settle, unwittingly siding with Hardman over Jessica so the firm can move past the lawsuit. This causes Hardman to call a partner vote and challenge Jessica for the position as managing partner. Soon after, Hardman promotes Louis to senior partner, and both Harvey and Jessica fail to definitively win Louis' support. Hardman becomes managing partner, but it is short lived as Mike and Harvey discover that Hardman forged and planted the document that Harvey and Donna supposedly buried. He is voted out of the firm, and Jessica regains the managing partner position. Immediately after his grandmother's death, Mike tries to start a relationship with Rachel, but she is reluctant. Mike then begins a romantic entanglement with his, now married, first love and childhood friend Tess (Elisabeth Hower) who was in town for the funeral. Rachel, who has now decided that she was willing to have a relationship with Mike, discovers them together. Mike ends the entanglement.
A week after the dust settles from the Hardman incident, Mike tries to repair his relationship with Rachel, and a new case arises that hits home for Mike. He has to deal with the struggles of defending a hit and run case similar to his childhood experience of losing his own parents. Louis Litt, relishing his new Senior Partner title, takes it upon himself to hire his own first year associate, who just may poke some holes in Mike's story about his time at Harvard. Harvey realizing this, goes to Jessica, who stops Louis from hiring the associate, giving the excuse of a "hiring freeze". Hardman returns to battle with his old firm, working as a contract lawyer for Rachel's father, the famous trial attorney Robert Zane. Rachel, at this point, is applying for admission to Harvard Law. Hardman strains Jessica's already low resources even further as she and Harvey are forced to try multiple gender discrimination suits, against Folsom Foods, in different locations. Scottie returns after stealing some of the firm's discrimination lawsuits. Eventually, Harvey convinces Jessica and Scottie that both firms should jointly fight the 45 discriminating cases. Jessica is also offered a possible merger deal with another NY firm managed by Robert Zane, famous trial attorney and father of Rachel; who, later, takes back the offer after discovering from Jessica that Daniel seems to hold all the cards to crush her firm with the Folsom Foods rocket docket cases. In the end, Jessica begins accepting a second possible merge offer with Scottie's U.K. firm. Agreeing to such a merger would allow Jessica to finally end Daniel's attack. By law, Jessica is required to hand over the firm's financial documents to possible merger partners. This would allow the British partner to threaten to reveal Daniel's past without Jessica breaching her confidentiality contract with Daniel. This stops Daniel in his tracks. Harvey, whose goal is to earn the title of named partner on merit rather than be given it by extenuating circumstances, becomes angry at this impending merger news and his and Jessica's plans for the future clash. In the end a deal to merge goes through with Harvey learning his place as a senior partner for now in order to be shown he can be controlled. Rachel, after having been informed of her denial of admission, forces Mike to reveal that he did not attend Harvard Law.

While I don't have an episode description the first episode back is titled "The Arrangement"

Also looks like we're getting another Game of Thrones alum as Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) is joining the cast, presumably as part of Darby's UK firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

muscles like this? posted:

Donna Paulsen (Sarah Raffety)
BEST CHARACTER

I take issue with this statement. :colbert:

I have a whole folder of these. Don't test me.

e: Another thing the OP missed was the uncomfortably long file room sex scene that occurred after Mike admitted to Rachel that he never attended Harvard. So for at least the first ten minutes of season 3, they will be in a relationship.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 2, 2013

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JohnSherman posted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JohnSherman posted:

e: Another thing the OP missed was the uncomfortably long file room sex scene that occurred after Mike admitted to Rachel that he never attended Harvard. So for at least the first ten minutes of season 3, they will be in a relationship.

Season 3 spoilers from what I read Mike and Rachel is actually sticking around this time as there is going to be an episode where Mike goes to dinner Rachel's parents' house.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Ha ha you just got Litt up

Seriously I might kill to marry Donna, but Lewis is just the best character.

Please someone needs to post some shots of Lewis as different presidents of the USA.

15 days to do a rewatch, excellent. Hoping the season does something good/new/characterization/send him to England for the whole season with Mike. Harvey to remain coolest person on TV though!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Team Litt let's go!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

A man with flexible morals, Harvey worked his way up from the mail room

Donna is Harvey's secretary and totally has a crush on him.

I completely disagree with these two statements. Harvey has unquestionable morals, he just doesn't let emotion sway them back and forth, which bites him in the rear end when someone appeals to pity in a desperate situation. Donna doesn't have a crush on Harvey, she just respects him immensely and is comfortable around him, and I'm completely expecting this season to bring a love interest in for her to prove that point (especially after the dust settled from last season).

What's everyone's go-to theory on the merger? Are we going to be stuck for 6 episodes wondering when we'll actually see cases as opposed to people being pushed around thanks to paperwork? It'll suck if there's an episode where Mike and Rachel have a falling out because "work is forcing him" to do something he doesn't like. That's already been beaten to death in a much better way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh poo poo I forgot about this show after the subpar midseason finale.

Was the second half better?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about this show after the subpar midseason finale.

Was the second half better?

The season finale was also botched, but there were some really, really good moments in the latter half of the season.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The problem with the show is when the writers decide to tread water and turn it into a ho-hum procedural of office politics that literally no one gives a poo poo about.

It doesn't help that Varys is literally a series regular.

The characters, actors, and dialogue when the writers decide to put effort into it are more or less unparallelled.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
in case anyone hasn't seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrO374tNles

ufarn
May 30, 2009
That video is the most beautiful thing in the world. :allears:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Everyone was amazing in that, but Gabriel Macht just brought the thunder. Jesus.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Boogaleeboo posted:

Everyone was amazing in that, but Gabriel Macht just brought the thunder. Jesus.

I love his "Somebody punch me!"

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Omg "knock knock."

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
This is my favorite show on Television and I watch pretty much every show currently on.

Donna is amazing. She's funny and beautiful and Sarah really plays her incredibly. She keeps Harvey grounded and she's a lot of fun on screen.

But Louis is the best character.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Yayyyyy it's back!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kloaked00 posted:

Yayyyyy it's back!

Well, in two weeks.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
That reel is amazing and :swoon: mike & rachel :swoon: I can't wait for mike & rachel's father to meet.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I still miss Jenny.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaganGoatPants posted:

Omg "knock knock."

that was awesome, never seen a punch reel before.

Knock, Knock was something else.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I just marathoned both seasons this past week. Louis is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opOqTVeJOjQ

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
:lol: goddamn. I thought punch reel was another name for gag reel I'd never heard of. Was not expecting that awesomeness.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

The season finale was also botched, but there were some really, really good moments in the latter half of the season.

Yeah the second half still had it's moments. But wow that finale's final moment was just ridiculous.

That reel rocks.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=145898448939791

Sorry for the fb link, but I can't find it on youtube.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm ready for more Suits and Mike being in the doghouse. :toot:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Gravedancing posted:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=145898448939791

Sorry for the fb link, but I can't find it on youtube.

The FB link was great because I had a hearty chuckle on account of the comment "The night is dark and full of lawyers"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "The Arrangement"
New partner Darby assigns Harvey to a high-stakes case. Elsewhere Mike tries to make things right with Harvey and deal with the fallout from his revelation to Rachel.

Also if you're recording making sure to take into account that it runs almost 10 minutes over.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Can't watch until tomorrow because I purchase via iTunes

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good ol' dream sequence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ha, misleading commercials showing a dream sequence as real.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ha, misleading commercials showing a dream sequence as real.

Every USA show does this at some point.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Rachel for the worst suggestion ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now of course Mike can't quit, he got his own office.

Edit:
OH
MY
GOD

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 17, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That dress is banging.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Louis rubbing on a stache is going to be my new avatar. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

That dress is banging.

Yeah, someone is proud of their exercise routine.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
This show needs a Louis Litt spin-off so desperately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody constantly lying up all in this place.

• Locked thread