Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorph
May 31, 2013

Fauxami posted:

I don't intend to steal the spotlight from Lagomorph, but I will also be mirroring your posts here: http://danganronpa2mirror.tumblr.com/
I've gotten to update #1 so far, and every single image has been rehosted to imgur as per your request.
I'm working on update 2 right now; If you open your submit box I can just put it in there when I'm done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Welp, I've finally been broken. I avoided it for four years, but those banners finally got me to shell out for no ads.

I figure I'll just re-enable them when I'm not at risk for getting spoiled by them, though. They can be funny sometimes.

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.

Wyvernil posted:

The true meaning of despair is seeing a bunch of new posts in the thread, and clicking on it to find it's just because of some jerkwad posting more spoiler ads, not a new update. :smith:

Other than ad blocking, a possible alternative solution might be for someone with a few bucks to burn to buy their own "spoiler ads" with fake spoilers on them. To use a few examples from the first game, it could be stuff like "Naegi is the mastermind, he erased his own memory", or "Kirigiri is Mukuro Ikusaba". That way, the ads with real spoilers become useless since you can't tell them apart from the fakes.

That's all I've got to say to this, so I'll continue waiting for the next update.

The banners were fake spoilers, and there are two more coming out. I modified the current ones to be real spoilers, but for something else.

Hopefully my one viewing of Ghost in the Shell about 15 years ago is enough to give me the chops to create a fake ending for this.

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.

Requested_Username posted:

The ads aren't going to be removed, ever, because the ad system can only be worked on by the admins, and the ads aren't breaking the rule that they have to be work safe. You guys should be happy they didn't buy spoiler avatars for people: those are much harder to avoid regularly without manually turning off all avatars.

If you're hell-bent on getting an answer from the admins on this, feel free to post a thread in QCS, although I guarantee you'll be mocked there as well.

You're quite wrong about this, and I'll just mock you here.

slowbeef posted:

Mods can't remove banner ads.

1. Buy no-ads, or don't. I'd rather you didn't discuss adblock here (unless you intend to just do it for these ones) just because it doesn't make the thread look good when you talk about ways of bypassing SA's revenue stream.

2. If people want to mirror the LP elsewhere to avoid spoilers, you know, go nuts.

3. There's really no point to discussing "culprits" and the bigger the deal is made out of this, the more it encourages whoever's doing it, so just shrug it off and try to have fun.

4. It sucks, but what can you do? Someone somewhere always spoils the plot of something you like, intentionally or not. Fight Club's still a good movie, even if my brother incorrectly assumed I'd seen it before telling me the big twist.

The facts. The rule with forum banners is that they can't be NSFW or something that would result in a probation or ban in post form. Spoilers almost always fall in to that category, and I guarantee whoever dropped $210 on these banners will email me and want to do something else with them, now that their troll-wad has been blown.

That said, focus on point 3 and 4. If you see a spoiler banner, there is only a 1/#oftotalbanners chance that somebody will see it, so just email me and don't draw attention to it (if you want to limit the damage).

Continue talking about the LP, banner time is over.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Well poo poo, this is pretty great :allears:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

death .cab for qt posted:

Well poo poo, this is pretty great :allears:

What the gently caress did he just say? Look at the last line again!

I think Saionji killed her. Um, discuss.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

slowbeef posted:

Still seems too obvious. I'm sticking with the theory that she wore the mask to pull some sort of prank on "big sis", found her body, and that's why she was seen running away and crying. I can't really say who killed her, though, I just think Saionji is gonna be in for the long haul like Syo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Saionji running away crying and also being attached to only Koizumi makes her incredibly unlikely, in my mind.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

slowbeef posted:

She mistook Koizumi's hair for a crab and stomped on her head. The bat is a red herring.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

slowbeef posted:

My bad, I completely skimmed that last line.

I'm thinking that the water bottles are going to be a major part of this while shebang, and not just a red herring. Although to easily clean something with water, I'm thinking it must have been a wetsuit. Sonia is my pick

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Then again, Peko is the only one who actually showed up sopping wet.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Hrrm, I wonder if there is anyway to determine if Peko was dripping wet with fresh or salt water now that she is dry and in her clothing again. Time for Hinata to do some swimsuit searching.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Which pretty much leaves either Sonia or Peko, and I bet that both will have a fair bit of focus fire at the trial.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Then again, Peko is the only one who actually showed up sopping wet.

Yeah, but that seems almost too obvious for this game. Especially since the water bottles were one of the very first pieces of evidence that Hinata picked up.

Personally, I'm wondering how that bathroom window fits into all of this. The implication seems to be that someone helped the murderer get out through the window, but why would anybody want to do that?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Carrasco posted:

She mistook Koizumi's hair for a crab and stomped on her head. The bat is a red herring.

You can't kill a crab with a bat?

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Saionji is a classical dancer, correct? Do japanese classical dancers use masks like the one we found?

Maybe she was showing her big sis some dance or something. Considering we saw her running away from the beach, and we found one of her gummy bears in the closet, it's obvious she was there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Have we even talked to Saionji yet? Even if she didn't do it, she's probably an important witness! I guess playing the Mysterious Video Game is our highest priority right now, though. :v:

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013
Guess I missed all the excitement. While I didn't really know who Ryan Davis was prior to oren mentioning him, the news of someone only a year older than me dying of 'natural causes' is enough to warrant some reflection.

Anyway, Souda did it. 100%. Unless it was someone else.

DaveWoo posted:

Personally, I'm wondering how that bathroom window fits into all of this. The implication seems to be that someone helped the murderer get out through the window, but why would anybody want to do that?

Well we do have a resident crazy person. Others have theorized that Peko might have used her Shinai case to get up there somehow. Maybe with the intent of pinning the blame on Saionji who was knocked out (or something) in the closet, and had to flee across the beach leaving the only set of tracks.

Knicknevin fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 12, 2013

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, but that seems almost too obvious for this game. Especially since the water bottles were one of the very first pieces of evidence that Hinata picked up.

But is that something the player is expected to remember? A lot of the evidence that damned Hanamura was stuff that was obvious, but was mentioned so briefly that the player would forget it.

As for Saionji, I'm curious how she'll react after the trial. Will she lash out and become even crueler, or will she break like Ishimaru?

On another note, I made this in Animal Crossing yesterday while my internet was down:

I'm not entirely satisfied with it, the hood in particular I think could use more work, but I figure it's decent enough, and while I'm sure it's been done before, I didn't see in that tumblr post of DR outfits from way back, and I haven't exactly been looking around for obvious reasons.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

V!ntar posted:

Saionji is a classical dancer, correct? Do japanese classical dancers use masks like the one we found?

Maybe she was showing her big sis some dance or something. Considering we saw her running away from the beach, and we found one of her gummy bears in the closet, it's obvious she was there

Considering it's a Sailor Moon mask, I highly doubt its use in classic Japanese dance.

Skymin50
May 7, 2013
Illiterate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Skymin50 posted:

Okay, which one of you was it.

It's on this very page.

AVBrafaDiMatteo posted:

The banners were fake spoilers, and there are two more coming out. I modified the current ones to be real spoilers, but for something else.

Hopefully my one viewing of Ghost in the Shell about 15 years ago is enough to give me the chops to create a fake ending for this.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 12, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

slowbeef posted:

You can't kill a crab with a bat?

The entire trial will come to hinge on this question. Chiaki will argue that "kill 10 crabs" quests in MMOs are more likely to be completed by unarmed combat because bats can't be crafted at that level, Gundam will say that because baseball bats "are grotesque symbols of the creeping advancement of man's artifice" they have already killed crabs spiritually, and Nagito will say that trying to figure it out either way is "hopeless".

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Skymin50 posted:

Okay, which one of you was it.

Ugg stop spoiling WizOz, I'm following a Let's Read in the book barn and have a carefully cultivated bubble of ignorance I don't want to ruin.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 12, 2013

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Iunnrais posted:

Which pretty much leaves either Sonia or Peko, and I bet that both will have a fair bit of focus fire at the trial.

I was about to say the video game has to have more clues, then I thought peer pressure is probably involved in the game's murder, so what if that's the case here? There's the window that requires a boost, Peko being wet, Sonia in the wetsuit... And if anybody can influence someone to do something, it's a Princess. I wouldn't put blackmail past her either, given her previous sudden shifts in talking about the importance of tactics.

But now I feel like I'm reaching too much. I do wonder though, if someone coerces someone else to commit murder for them, will only the murderer face execution?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Ocean Breeze Dead End

Well! If it isn't Hinata-kun and Nanami-san. I’m delighted you're both okay.
K...Komaeda?!

Somehow... it feels like it’s been such a long time since I last spoke to any of you...
But it’s only been a few days, though...

...Why are you here?

Oh... You don’t need to worry about a despicable failure such as myself...

More importantly, I heard about what happened. Koizumi-san was killed, wasn't she?
That's terrible...
She was the life of the party. Always bright, always active...
I can't believe she's dead... If only I could’ve taken her place...

On the other hand... such a despair-inducing incident will surely give everyone the chance to shine once more!
That's right! The darker the despair, the brighter the hope can shine!

Ha ha! I mean no disrespect to Koizumi-san, but... isn’t this wonderful! I can't wait to find out how you will all overcome despair this time!

It doesn’t look as though his self-reflection period has helped much...

He hasn't changed at all. Same as always - annoying and incoherent.

Whatever. Why are you here? Who told you about Koizumi?

Y...You don't have to make such a mean face. I'll tell you everything...
...It was Monomi.

Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson

That’s wight! It was me.
You...? And why would you do something stupid like that?!

D...Did I do something wrong?
I just want everyone to be fwiends... If you could just work together...
Friends?! You want us to be friends with him?! Have you forgotten what kind of a guy he is?!

But.. such hatwed between fwiends is just falling directly into Monobear's twap...

Don’t be mad at her, Hinata-kun. There's sense in what she's saying.
...You don't get a say in this!

No, seriously... is this really the time for a quarrel? We should be worrying about Koizumi-san’s school trial.

T...That's wight! That's why everyone should work together and--
--Just shut up!
All of you... just shut up... and go away.

...I...I understand.

Ikoroshia

You too, Komaeda. Go away. Now.

I'll be lonely... but I'll do as you ask.
Besides... I’ve already gotten the true ending, so it's not like I have anything left to do here anyway.
...True ending?

I'm a little behind the others, but I think I'll go do some investigation myself now.
I want to help out... in my own way.

Whose side are you going to be on? The culprit? Ours?

...Do you really have to ask?
I’ll be on the side I’ve always been on... the side of hope.

The more he talks, the creepier he gets. The more I listen, the less I understand.

Just by showing up, he’s made this terrible situation even worse...

...poo poo!

Hinata-kun... How about we start the game? It should raise your spirits a little.
...I guess.

Sure, she wants us to start the game, but what are we supposed to do in it, exactly?

So... I think I should ask first. Is there a way to beat this game?

...Hm?
I have a feeling that if I replay the second and fourth days, I'll just get the same Game Over screen.
If there's a way to get past that, how about you tell me before I start?

If you saw the Game Over screen... you already have the key.
...Huh? What do you mean?

Want me to tell you? Do you? Do you?
There's a secret code!
...A what?

You've already seen it, too. Don't you remember what was on that Game Over screen?
Um... Do you mean...

...The cryptic message? "DULL START"?
Heh heh. Those aren't words, you see...
They're buttons! The message means "Down-Up-Left-Left-Start"!

So, to use the code...!

You should try using that button sequence on the title screen.
When you do, you'll get into the game's secret mode.
S...So that's what that was... You really are a "Super High-school Level Gamer".

Being a gamer has nothing to do with it. It's just... you either figure out the hidden message or you don’t.
It seems like Komaeda-kun got it on his own and beat the game.
Anyway! Try it yourself.
Y...Yeah...

Twilight Investigation

So I should push Down-Up-Left-Left-Start on this title screen. Let's give it a try...

System message posted:

Let us open a new door in Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery.

Please input the button sequence on your own console.

Imagine me doing so.

Twilight Truth

Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery: Truth

Hey, the screen changed...
That's the secret mode... Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery's "Truth mode".

Alright... This game has something to do with the murder... and I have to figure out what!

All I have to do is push the Start button...

System message posted:

Let's play Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery together. Please press the START button on your own console.

Once again, imagine me doing so.

Music stops

The First Day

Beautiful Ruin [16bit]

A-ko
I...I'm sorry...! I'm really sorry for making you wait!

B-ko
Sigh... we're gonna be late getting home because of you, you dimwit.

D-ko
Now, now... You shouldn't get so upset, B-ko!

* flash *

B-ko
Hey! Don't just take our picture! People are gonna think I'm friends with her!

A-ko
W...We're not friends?!

B-ko
What makes you think I'll ever be friends with a stupid pig trash girl like you?

C-ko
Ha! B-ko-chan's abuse would turn even the fiercest loan sharks' faces pale!

A-ko
Um... By the way, isn't E-ko here yet?

C-ko
She said she forgot something and should be back here any second!

D-ko
Something about her swimsuit being missing, I think...

B-ko
Her swimsuit, huh...? You don't think it's been stolen, do you?

A-ko
S...Stolen?!

B-ko
Didn't you hear? There's been some kind of pervert hanging around this neighborhood lately...
Hee hee hee... You’d better watch out, A-ko. These guys can smell weakness...

D-ko
Hey, give her a break, already... You're going to scare her for real.

B-ko
Ha ha! But A-ko's just asking for it!

* crash *

Music stops

D-ko
W...What was that noise?!

B-ko
It sounded like... glass breaking?
It came from the second floor! Let's go look!

Ikoroshia [16bit]

Incidentally, my favorite track in the entire game.

Call me when there’s a 16-bit Miss Monomi’s Practice Lesson and we’ll talk.

E-ko
Pant... pant... pant...

A-ko
E-ko-chan! W....What happened?!

E-ko
I...I don't know... I was just walking past the music room here...
And then I heard the sound of glass breaking inside...

C-ko
Is there... someone inside?

E-ko
I think so... but the door's locked and I can’t get in.

B-ko
She's right. It won't open.

C-ko
Did someone lock the door from inside?! There is someone in there!

E-ko
Um... there should be a key in the staff room... We'll be able to get in if we use that, won't we?

D-ko
Right! I'll go get the music room key!
The teachers are probably all gone by now, so I can probably sneak in and grab it...
I... I have a bad feeling about all this!

D-ko
Here's the key! Just like I thought, the teachers were all gone...

C-ko
Let's open it!

* click *

D-ko
Done.

B-ko
...After you, A-ko!

A-ko
Huh? M...Me?!

B-ko
C'mon, hurry up!

* rattle rattle *

Music fades out

A-ko
T...There's someone on the floor...

B-ko
S...She's not just on the floor...
She's dead.

D-ko
D...Dead?!

E-ko
H...How...? W...Why...?

A-ko
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

B-ko
D...Don't be so loud! Whoever did it is probably still around!

E-ko
S...Still around...?

All All Apologies [16bit]

B-ko
I mean... it looks like she's been killed.

C-ko
Killed...? KILLED?!

B-ko
I said stay quiet! What are you going to do if the killer finds us!

D-ko
W...What should we do...?

B-ko
I see... So that's how it is.
I think I have it. The culprit's escape route, I mean.

A-ko
(Escape route...? Does she mean...?)

Let's investigate!

A-ko
Ah! The window is broken...!

B-ko
The sound we heard from outside was this window being broken.
I'm sure the culprit locked the music room's door from the inside and then, after killing this girl...
...He broke this window and escaped through it.
It seems she's been clubbed to death, but there's nothing around with blood on it...
So, what happened to the murder weapon? Did the culprit take it with him?

C-ko
More importantly... doesn't that mean the culprit just escaped through this window?!

A-ko
But... if he wanted to escape he could've just opened the window... Why break it?

E-ko
H...He must've panicked... Look, there's proof...

E-ko
The aquarium under the window is broken, and there's gravel all around...
He must've been in such a panic that he broke it while escaping.

Evidence Bullet Get posted:

Broken Aquarium

The aquarium in the music room where the body was found in "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery" was broken.
There was water and gravel all around it.

E-ko
This floor isn't so high that you can't jump down, so he must've thought it would be safer than escaping through the corridor...

A-ko
B...But... is that really what happened...?

B-ko
Of course that’s what happened! The only two ways to lock this room are from the inside or with the key from the staff room, right?

D-ko
I see! When I went to the staff room earlier, the key was there as usual...

B-ko
If the culprit had used that key, he wouldn't have time to return it to the staff room so quickly. We just heard him breaking the window moments before, after all.

C-ko
Which means the culprit locked the room from inside... and was still there.

B-ko
Besides, the only way from the music room to the exit is through the corridor we were in...
...But we didn’t see anyone passing by.
Seems it all leads to the same conclusion. The culprit escaped through the window.

The Culprit's Escape Route

The window in the music room where the body was found in "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery" was broken.
In addition, when exiting the school going from the music room, one must pass the corridor to the entrance hall.

E-ko
I...It’s got to be that pervert... He must've broken into the school.

A-ko
...Huh?

E-ko
I...I couldn't find it anywhere. My swimsuit. It must've been stolen.

C-ko
So... the pervert who stole E-ko's swimsuit killed this girl?!

B-ko
He... probably took her into the music room to... you know. But she must've resisted...

A-ko
And then he panicked, broke the window and escaped?

Stolen Swimsuit

In "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery", E-ko's swimsuit was stolen.

E-ko
A...Anyway... isn't it bad that we're all here?
I don't want to get involved in any of this... Besides, the culprit is probably still around...

C-ko
That's bad! Bad bad bad! Let's run away!

A-ko
B...But... shouldn't we report this to the police?

E-ko
Don't you realize what will happen if we do?
Aren't the people who discover crime scenes always under suspicion? I don't want any of that!

B-ko
Yeah... Let's leave and lock the door behind us... We'll just pretend we've never been here.

A-ko
W...Wait! Don't leave me behind!

D-ko

The third day

Beautiful Ruin [16bit]

E-ko
D-ko!

E-ko
I'm sorry, were you waiting long?
So, why did you call me over here? Don't tell me - you're going to confess your love to me?

D-ko

E-ko
Huh...? Is something wrong?

D-ko
Um... Can you take a look at this photo...?

Music stops

D-ko
On the day of that incident... I peeked into the classroom next door and found this.
I took a photo without even thinking...
What do you think this broken flower vase means?

E-ko

D-ko
That sound we heard... I don’t think it was the window breaking...

E-ko
W...What is this...? I have no idea what you're talking about...!

D-ko
If I'm right... the culprit didn't escape through the window.

E-ko
I...I said I know nothing!!

D-ko
It's okay. I cleaned it all up...

E-ko
...Huh?

D-ko
If someone found that vase... you'd be in big trouble, wouldn't you?

E-ko
Are you... blackmailing me?

D-ko
O...Of course not...
It's just that... if there's something you're hiding, I wish you'd tell me.
I mean... aren't we friends?

E-ko
You're one to talk. You weren’t exactly being forthcoming yourself, were you...?
You think I didn't know? That girl who was killed had been giving you trouble...

D-ko
Huh...?

E-ko
No... “trouble” doesn’t even begin to say it. She was really giving you hell... She just kept pushing you.
She was your junior at the photography club in junior high, wasn't she?
She must've been so jealous of your talent...
Why didn't you tell me? If you did... this wouldn't have...

D-ko
E-ko... Did you...?!

E-ko
Her parents are powerful, so she always did what she wanted...
I couldn't stand it anymore!!
At first, I just tried to talk to her...
But then, she... She said she was going to go after me too...
I got angry... and before I knew it, I was strangling her...
She lost consciousness... And I knew that if she woke up things would just get even worse...
So I thought I had to do something...!

D-ko
N...No way...!

E-ko
It's not your fault, D-ko... And it isn't mine...
It's all her fault! All of it!!

D-ko
Ah! E-ko!!

Music fades out

F-suke
That girl... I think her name’s E-ko...?
I heard a rumor she was with her on the day of the incident...

F-suke
Looks like she threw something in here... What is it?
A photo? A broken flower vase...?
Does that mean... that the sound of breaking glass...?
That must be it... why would anyone try to get rid of this photo otherwise...?

F-suke
What did that girl... do to my sister?!
I have to make her talk... And if what I'm suspecting is true...

F-suke
I'll never...

F-suke
I’LL NEVER FORGIVE HER!!

The End of Twilight

Ikoroshia

Is this... the real ending?

Yeah. The events of the first and third days are this game's "truth" route.

You've now seen the game's full story, across all four days...
So... what do you think about those characters, Nanami?

A-ko and the rest...? Whoever named these characters doesn't have an ounce of romantic sense.
That's not what I mean...

Before you say anything else... it looks like the ending credits are coming up.
...The what?

You'll find what you're searching for if you read them. ...Probably.

What I'm searching for is... in the credits?

Producer: Monobear
Director: Monobear
Supervisor: Monobear
Script: Monobear
Programming: Monobear
Graphics: Monobear
Sound: Monobear

Cast: Tsumiki / Koizumi / Saionji / Mioda / Satou / Kuzuryuu / Kuzuryuu

A Monobear Production

Ikoroshia

J...Just now...!

I told you, didn't I? What you're searching for was right there.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Congratulations! What a miraculous victory!
At long last, you've completed Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery!

I don't think you bastards could've missed it, but to make things perfectly clear...

This game was non-fiction! It's based on true events!
Are you... telling the truth?

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely deliberate!

Hey, answer my question...!

That said, this game may be non-fiction, but you bastards have still forgotten all about it.
Well, that can't be helped.

The game's story is based on something that happened when you bastards were at school, and those memories have been stolen from you!

When we've been at school...

Anyway, congratulations!
I'd like to present you with a prize for completing the game...

...But I won't!
A prize...?

There's only one prize, and I've already given it to the first person to complete this game!

Upupu, sucks to be you!

Ikoroshia

There's a prize for winning the game?

He told me the same thing when I completed the game.

Sigh... I was too late. I should've played it sooner.

Prize for Winning the Game

Monobear has already given someone the prize for completing "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery"

Well, the problem isn't the prize. It's the other thing Monobear said...
He said it's a story based on something that happened when we were at school...

So, once again, that's what it's all about...

But... is it really true?
Did someone really just... steal... our memories?
I mean, that's just nonsense!

What did they do to us?

You seem to be... lost in thought, Hinata-kun.
...Huh?

I'm sure Monobear told the same thing to everyone who completed the game.
...That this game is non-fiction.
It means that "missing link" he was talking about is somewhere in those missing school memories.
Hey, do you believe any of it? Do you really think... our memories have been taken away?
I don't know. But, rather than worrying about that, I think we should concentrate on solving the current mystery.
It doesn't matter if we believe this motive or not. The facts are that a culprit did commit murder.
In that case... it looks like I really need to talk to all of them.
I'll probably learn something if I do.

You mean, the people who this game's characters are based on, right? I'm coming with you, then.

Yeah... If I talk to them, I'm sure I can learn something.

Something about the mystery of Koizumi's murder... And about what happened in this game...

And also... about whether our memories really have been taken away.

Come on, let's go, right now.

This is my opportunity to ask someone what it feels like to be a character in a video game!

If you want a summary of what happened in Twilight Syndrome, just talk to me whenever you want.
Thanks. You're a lifesaver.

I'm not sure where they all are, but if I don't get going I'll never find out.

Right... Let's go!

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009

Anoia posted:

I was about to say the video game has to have more clues, then I thought peer pressure is probably involved in the game's murder, so what if that's the case here? There's the window that requires a boost, Peko being wet, Sonia in the wetsuit... And if anybody can influence someone to do something, it's a Princess. I wouldn't put blackmail past her either, given her previous sudden shifts in talking about the importance of tactics.

But now I feel like I'm reaching too much. I do wonder though, if someone coerces someone else to commit murder for them, will only the murderer face execution?

Coercing someone to commit murder is the same as being an accomplice to one; only the person who actually performed the act is put on trial and has a chance to escape. The only reason to ever do something like that is to eliminate a person you think will screw you over later, when you yourself actually try to go after someone to get free.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

We've got dual Kuzuryuu's in the credits, which at first made me think of the Kuzuryuu/Saionji siblings theory, but Saionji's in the credits too... So I don't know what the gently caress.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, I'm guessing the dead girl in there is Kuzyruu's sister, and that means F-suke is the Yakuza himself. B-ko's probably Saionji, because seriously, that's her typical abrasiveness at work.

E: That's right, Kuzyruu had a folder earlier. The prize for being the first to complete the game?

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 12, 2013

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
So, given the credits and the amount of characters, does this make Kuzuryuu F-suke in this scenario? And Saionji and Mikan would at least be easy enough to pin down to B-ko and D-ko, respectively.
However, Peko not being in the credits is kind of telling, considering she's pretty high on the potential suspects list outside the game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The real question is, who the heck is Satou? Someone using an alias again? A corruption of Souda or Sonia?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

orenronen posted:

...The cryptic message? "DULL START"?
Heh heh. Those aren't words, you see...
They're buttons! The message means "Down-Up-Left-Left-Start"!

Oh my loving god, how did I not get that :doh:

Anyway, it looks like the game was tailored specifically to give Kurzuyuu a motive to murder Mahiru. The only question is, did he really do it?

Miss Kalle posted:

So, given the credits and the amount of characters, does this make Kuzuryuu F-suke in this scenario? And Saionji and Mikan would at least be easy enough to pin down to B-ko and D-ko, respectively.
However, Peko not being in the credits is kind of telling, considering she's pretty high on the potential suspects list outside the game.

A-Ko = Mikan
B-Ko = Saionji
C-Ko = Mioda
D-Ko = Koizumi
E-Ko = Satou (who?)
F-Suke = Kurzuyuu

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Do we know a "Satou?" I don't think we do.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

legoman727 posted:

E: That's right, Kuzyruu had a folder earlier. The prize for being the first to complete the game?

Never would've thought him to be the gamer type.

I have a bad feeling he's not gonna show us the contents until trial.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

Miss Kalle posted:

Wouldn't Mikan be A-ko?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ApplesandOranges posted:

The real question is, who the heck is Satou? Someone using an alias again? A corruption of Souda or Sonia?

Probably a student from their school days that got killed and everyone decided to not report it. I bet you Koizumi took the photo (there's a camera flash when the -ko girls are first finding the body).

If F-suke is Kuzuryuu, then Satou is probably his sister that he's mentioned.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

Miss Kalle posted:

Agreed, although Sonia isn't in the credits either, which is also suspicious. Really, I'm torn between the two on which one is guilty, although I'm leaning towards Peko. I want to wait until the trial until I really start suspecting someone though.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Wow, I don't think I've seen Chiaki this animated before.

I'm actually pretty interested in the name that we haven't seen before, "Satou." Is it someone we've met before, but under a different name? Or is it just someone not in the group, and therefore can be ignored.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Brannock posted:

Probably a student from their school days that got killed and everyone decided to not report it. I bet you Koizumi took the photo (there's a camera flash when the -ko girls are first finding the body).

If F-suke is Kuzuryuu, then Satou is probably his sister that he's mentioned.

I'd say Satou is more likely to be one of the A through E-koes, because probably-Kuzuryuu's sister was the one who died, and there was another Kuzuryuu in the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
That's pretty interesting, I guess that discussion we had about pinning people to X-Ko's earlier wasn't so far off. I'm really surprised that there was a targeted motive after all, it doesn't really seem like Monobear's style.

Orenoren - Just out of curiosity, does something special happen if you enter the secret code the first time you play Twilight Syndrome? Some kind of easter egg ending or something?

• Locked thread