Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I think I've heard you mention Pikkukoira a few times in PI; thanks for reminding me of her existence (and her adorable name!). Thanks for taking her in and making her one of your family. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Baby goat love pileup

http://www.wimp.com/lovepile/

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Koivunen posted:

Whoa! Long lost cousins! I have never seen (saw?) another cat with similar markings before.

We adopted Pikkukoira a year and a few months ago, she is so unique and silly. They thought she was about seven or eight years old, and when we got her all her hair was shaved off because of matting (she was a stray). She also has a pellet permanently lodged in her right side from someone shooting her at some point, she was probably stray for quite a while. She is so sweet and goofy, I've never met a cat like her before, and she fits so perfectly with our family.

Compare:

She is old but she still looks like a kitten:

You have a really, really adorable cat.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Goats are at their most dangerous adorable when they swarm.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Sleevecat looks very pleased

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
16 famous authors in pictures with their cats.

Eliot's poem at the end is pretty awesome.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This is Chiffon. She is a capybara at Nasu Animal Kingdom who has been voted as the favourite capybara in all of Japan for 2013.

She was born with problems with one of her front legs which required its foot to be amputated. She also has unusually-light fur and skin which would cause her to be jaguar bait in the wild, but in a zoo her distinctive colouring has made her very popular.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I spent all night reading saddening or depressing other threads at work. This means that before I go home, it's time for more reposts! Let's hop into the time machine, it's 2011 again!

Bears. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA
One of the good Canadian PSAs not one of the scary ones.

More cats wearing people things.

No kitty that's not how you get in a box. :ohdear:

Movie night surprise!

Oooh more bears. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJf3jxZaDHo
Oh no corgi don't that car is coming right for you eeeeeeeeee :kimchi:

And I will end off today's post with this:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

neongrey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJf3jxZaDHo
Oh no corgi don't that car is coming right for you eeeeeeeeee :kimchi:

I am laughing like a loving maniac at this. That corgi does not give one single modicum of a gently caress. Best video to wake up to on my birthday. :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I am laughing like a loving maniac at this. That corgi does not give one single modicum of a gently caress. Best video to wake up to on my birthday. :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A classic:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I love learning about animals. This video showed up on my Facebook feed and I've been laughing like an idiot ever since.

True Facts about the Mantis Shrimp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FEj9U-CJM

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn girlfriend! :mad:

:3:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Japanese lady adopts injured baby kitten, nurses her back to health and puts her in little costumes to stop her kicking around when she's being fed through a catheter. Its a two hit combo of heartwarming animal rescues and cute baby animals wearing cute baby animal outfits.

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.

neongrey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA
One of the good Canadian PSAs not one of the scary ones.
I immediately thought "Oh, I hope this is the house hippo one." Best PSA ever. :3:

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I made my parents do a dog-with-glasses photo of Barkley. Now I need to get on their case about trimming his nails.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

puppi

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

This is Rocky.

Then;

and now;

For a common house cat, he's pretty darn beautiful :3:

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Oh man. This little pibble baby figures out treadmills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP4MgE6EmJE

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Buggiezor posted:

I love learning about animals. This video showed up on my Facebook feed and I've been laughing like an idiot ever since.

True Facts about the Mantis Shrimp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FEj9U-CJM

I'm glad I stayed with it because this is funny as hell.

"Did that guy just hand him his own arm?"

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

oh loving dawwwwww :3:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Pilli posted:

oh loving dawwwwww :3:

I can't tell if that's a super-tiny kitten or a ginormous cat.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Of course, seeing that house hippo PSA reminded me of my favourite old PSA of all time, and I get warm fuzzies every time I think about it. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

An Alaskan version of the Peaceable Kingdom and probably the inspiration for the next Pixar animal movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEd6O0bBFs

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande
Happy Belated Birthday Safari! :toot:

A friend just showed me this. It's 'Nerdy Love Song' and the song is pretty cute but her helper is even better.
http://youtu.be/rkWy8nRWPGk

VVV Yay for awesome people that make you feel welcome! Sounds like you had a great Bday!

SilverSliver has a new favorite as of 08:11 on Jul 15, 2013

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Thanks everyone. :3: Have a nice little story.

I went to a Magic: the Gathering release event today. I've never been to any sort of event or even played the game in person, only online and the Planeswalkers games. I'm also super duper introverted so going to a crowded thing like this where I'd have to be face to face with people for long periods of time took a lot of mental preparation and energy. But the guy running it was super nice and walked me through getting set up, and then once people around the tables started realizing I was brand new to the whole thing, they practically fell over themselves helping me build my deck, checking out the cards I already have, giving me some extra cards, talking deck ideas, asking if I was coming back on Fridays, etc. I had a really great time with it.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Wild raven needs help with porcupine(hedgehog?) quills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hlwxLtFQcrY

pigdog has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Jul 15, 2013

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

I know crows and ravens are supposed to be very intelligent (for birds) but every one of them I've worked with has had this same bipolar attitude about everything.

Oh yes please I definitely want food OH WAIT DID YOU MEAN IN MY MOUTH SORRY BUB.

No I'm sorry petting hours were ten seconds ago to 9 seconds ago NOW IS HORRIBLE DEATH SCREECH TIME.

For content have the last two awesome assholes I worked with.

:kimchi: I love birds

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande
Ravens and crows. :3:

I've managed to attract three baby crows outside my porch with the seed I leave out for the birds. The past week or so I've been putting it closer and closer to me as I sit outside drinking my coffee in the mornings. At first I could talk to them but that WAS IT. Now we're up to them a few feet away from me and they don't even take off when I get up to get a second cup. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I wish I had crows where I lived. I visited Australia a couple of months ago, and as I was walking down the street, I could hear crows squawking away, and it made me so happy.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

cptn_dr posted:

I wish I had crows where I lived. I visited Australia a couple of months ago, and as I was walking down the street, I could hear crows squawking away, and it made me so happy.

Where do you live that doesn't have crows? I didn't realize it until this second but I guess I've always thought of them as ubiquitous.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Revener posted:

Where do you live that doesn't have crows? I didn't realize it until this second but I guess I've always thought of them as ubiquitous.

I live in Auckland, New Zealand. At least, I don't think we have crows. I've never heard or seen any, at any rate.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Gari, no!

rvm
May 6, 2013
Temar Boggs: Teen Boys Help Find Abducted Girl Jocelyn Rojas (More of the story)

rvm has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Jul 15, 2013

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Revener posted:

I used to think the same thing about squirrels, until my Dutch cousins came to visit and started taking pictures every time we passed a tree with a squirrel. I live in New York, so that's pretty much every tree.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
It's weird to go any place that has different animals. I went to college just four hours away (Missouri to Iowa) and they had different squirrels and I never really did get over it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I lived in an area with mountains and rocky ground for decades and then moved to where it was flat and sandy and was aghast to see a rabbit just sitting there, in the middle of the city, like it wasn't a thing. And then I took a closer look and realized what people who know rabbits are aware of, namely that there's never just one rabbit, and it did take me a while to stop going AWW LOOKIT THE BUNNY every time I saw one (i.e. every five steps).

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was having a lovely day yesterday and let me just say that it's impossible to stay miserable while playing fetch with a 4.5-month-old kitten.

She fetches. I didn't even have to teach her. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

I lived in an area with mountains and rocky ground for decades and then moved to where it was flat and sandy and was aghast to see a rabbit just sitting there, in the middle of the city, like it wasn't a thing. And then I took a closer look and realized what people who know rabbits are aware of, namely that there's never just one rabbit, and it did take me a while to stop going AWW LOOKIT THE BUNNY every time I saw one (i.e. every five steps).

For about a year when I lived in Denver each night when I pulled into the parking garage under my apartment building there was about a 50% chance of a rabbit sitting quietly at the head of my stall. There was a field outside the building but it was otherwise an urban area.

I'd come home from work late at night and be thinking "I wonder if there will be a bunny?" and as I turned into my spot there it would be. It was such a silly and strange thing.

• Locked thread