Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sonata Mused posted:

What's the deal with the weapons on the cirnopedia saying "Item code"?

Do I just have to have the code? Are they available only at a certain time?

Those are weapons/etc you get from redeeming a code that came with a thing - like PSO2 Vita's premium pack for instance. There shouldn't be an expiration on them, but obviously as time goes on there's less of those codes about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The constant attacks by Dark Falz have taken a toll on my sanity.

I'm seeing birds in Emergency Quests.

Birds in levelling parties.

Birds in the lobby.

The voices in my head whisper to me, telling me to kill one, crack its head open like a pinata, and extract the delicious loot inside.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
So, in lieu of my plans to make a Charles Barkley Support Partner going down the drain because the bald hairstyle is almost as much as a rappy suit right now, I suggest we set up an all Surprise Dunk Time Attack or Falz run.

The darkers can take our cities but they can never take our jam.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

An all Afro party fighting Falz would be fun. My team did an all Puyo mask round one time. :v:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

So I've finally decided to get into this game, after hearing a lot about it for the past year but repeatedly forgetting it exists immediately after.

While it downloads, I need to know one very important thing: Who gets to be cooler-looking, man robots or lady robots?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Man robots can be pretty snazzy but you're not going to have much in the way of options. Lady robots have way more options but most of them involve mechathongs.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
There are way more costume options for female characters because the money is in enabling dudes who want to play pretty anime princess dress up.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Miijhal posted:

Man robots can be pretty snazzy but you're not going to have much in the way of options. Lady robots have way more options but most of them involve mechathongs.

Thanks. A lot of the preview images I saw made the male casts look really square and dumpy-looking, so I'm assuming they eventually get to become more pointy and interesting later on?

What I saw of the female casts generally looked cooler, except for the part where the anime girl head on all of them looked kinda jarring and ridiculous.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

What I saw of the female casts generally looked cooler, except for the part where the anime girl head on all of them looked kinda jarring and ridiculous.

I am guilty of this, I need to make a trip to the salon and make my character's head actually robot-like.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A caring and compasionate god exists somewhere in the depths of space.

Satan is also out there though.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Dinky Duck Race posted:

A caring and compasionate god exists somewhere in the depths of space.

But will you be able to race in them is the question that needs to be answered...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Thanks. A lot of the preview images I saw made the male casts look really square and dumpy-looking, so I'm assuming they eventually get to become more pointy and interesting later on?

All the male cast parts are listed here.. The special costumes can also be worn by non-casts and casts alike, in case you ever feel like being a giant rappy or a robobutler.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Tomorrow's patch is at a weird time. 4pm Eastern to 11pm Eastern. Ep2 and a bunch of other things. Most likely all translations except for the basic one will not work.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

InfinityComplex posted:

Sooner or later, people are going to be able to make GaoGaiGar.

This alone will make me roll a male CAST. But lady CASTs are more likely to get the parts :v:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dj Meow Mix posted:

This alone will make me roll a male CAST. But lady CASTs are more likely to get the parts :v:
It's coming sooner than later. Much sooner.
GAGAGAGAGAGA GAO GAI GAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0tNZCsrY8&t=359s

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The surfboard sword weapon camo is probably my favorite costume item in that video. Sure, it really only goes with Ride Slasher which isn't that great a PA, but top marks for goofiness.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Protocol 5 posted:

Sure, it really only goes with Ride Slasher

Umm Temjin Blue Slider, anyone? God dammit why hasn't Sega put any Virtual-On collab in PSO yet. What the hell is Border Break, anyway?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Oh wow, the new Ice tree skills are all at the very bottom of the tree. And it's still entirely useless for boss fights.

Segaaa.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Miijhal posted:

Oh wow, the new Ice tree skills are all at the very bottom of the tree. And it's still entirely useless for boss fights.

Segaaa.

My favorite thing is the part of the trailer showing off the new techs, has a force doing 9 whole damage per tick of nabarta
on an enemy weak to ice.

edit: no wait sorry im wrong. Its 5 damage, at level 30.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Handgun Harlot posted:

What the hell is Border Break, anyway?

It's an arcade mech shooter with controls like an FPS (movement stick on the left, mouse on the right). Border Break was fun enough for me to waste $20 of yen on, but the chances of the game making its way out of Japan are slim :smith:

I agree with the want for Virtual-on collaborations. Let me dress up my character like Fei-yen.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Tengames posted:

My favorite thing is the part of the trailer showing off the new techs, has a force doing 9 whole damage per tick of nabarta
on an enemy weak to ice.

edit: no wait sorry im wrong. Its 5 damage, at level 30.

Also it doesn't benefit from skills that boost charged techs. :v:

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The new PAs look pretty interesting. It seems like they tried to fill gaps for weapon types, like Guilty Break being a fast, hard-hitting wide area attack, or Deadly Circle being a big point plank AoE. Presumably they're all rare enemy drops, but on the upside VH Wopal is level 53+, so getting 11+ discs shouldn't be too hard.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Cheap Trick posted:

It's an arcade mech shooter with controls like an FPS (movement stick on the left, mouse on the right). Border Break was fun enough for me to waste $20 of yen on, but the chances of the game making its way out of Japan are slim :smith:

I agree with the want for Virtual-on collaborations. Let me dress up my character like Fei-yen.

I do know what Border Break is, but I was implying that it's nothing next to Virtual-On. At the very least, give us an Apharmd the Hatter hat!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
:whatup:

where is this vid you fellas are talking about?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Handgun Harlot posted:

I do know what Border Break is, but I was implying that it's nothing next to Virtual-On. At the very least, give us an Apharmd the Hatter hat!

I couldn't see your sarcasm tags :11tea:

Possible downside to Virtual-On collaboration: Sega takes it to heart too much, offers only Cast parts in AC Scratch, non-robit players revolt.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Geek U.S.A. posted:

:whatup:

where is this vid you fellas are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0tNZCsrY8

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

Technically you could just get the Miku stuff and pretend you're Fei-yen HD :v:

No? No, okay. I'll see myself out.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Technically you could just get the Miku stuff and pretend you're Fei-yen HD :v:

No? No, okay. I'll see myself out.

Actually I was thinking along those lines. But are the visor and voice available?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

Actually I was thinking along those lines. But are the visor and voice available?

Voice, no. For the visor.. closest thing is probably Cyber Goggles B.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It's coming sooner than later. Much sooner.
GAGAGAGAGAGA GAO GAI GAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0tNZCsrY8&t=359s

Looks like I know what my second character slot is going to be! Gemu giru gan go gufo...

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Server's down, episode 2 to be up in 7 hours. Good time to get a mod to update the thread title or make a new one. (add dewmans and braver to the OP too)

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
So from now on our subclasses gain exp all the way up to LV40? Guess I'm going to try out Br/Te later today.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Tengames posted:

Server's down, episode 2 to be up in 7 hours. Good time to get a mod to update the thread title or make a new one. (add dewmans and braver to the OP too)

Yeah I'll get on updating the OP a little later with dewmans and braver, but we will figure out what thread title we want in IRC or something.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I had one for a PSO2 LP, but I guess it works for a main thread: Play dress-up and exterminate alien life

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Obviously the title should be "u r troling every 1 by dancing"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I am so sad that I have not seen that guy again.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
The new patch seems to be up if anyone wants to get it now.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Lenaway posted:

The new patch seems to be up if anyone wants to get it now.
The game patches have almost always been available minutes after the game goes down for maintenance.

meanwhile, the English Patch team is currently scrambling to get the main patch ready for when the servers come back up, though with the awkward timing of this maintenance they may be a little behind

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Patch notes are up, but they're huge, so no summary from me this time around. Suffice to say it's absolutely loaded with QoL improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

important things we havent talked about to death already:

• Rare drop notification, icon on radar, and raredrop sound no loger gets quieter the farther away the rare is.

• rate for advance quest rares has been increased

• hold ctrl+up or down to scrol through previously said things (or possibly save things to say for later, not sure)

• damage counter now counts up past 99999

• some units are getting lower def requirements to equip

• increased drop rates of weapons that match your class

• client orders now take 22 hours to refresh, not 24

edit: maintance extended another 2-3 hours.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 17, 2013

• Locked thread