Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoogerPrincess
Jun 5, 2007

Phanatic posted:

I've had the giant frozen drinks you can buy and walk down the street with in NO. They're made primarily from sugar-water. A full one has barely enough alcohol in it to make a sorority pledge giggle .

I went to school with someone from the family that owned that store. In Indiana, drug stores can sell liquor. We would joke that part of the school was called Butt Liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Toriori posted:

Why in the holy heck did this person not use their talents to make a Marge Simpson, the most obvious of banana sculptures!

More importantly, how did they not make a dick.

Come on, you were all thinking it :colbert:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

The whole "lol-epic-awesome" thing never did anything for me. I thought it was dying down now.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Suleman posted:

Casey Jones hasn't even appeared in the new show yet, so that's referring to something else. Probably one of the comic series?

It did happen in the comics. I was just teasing since he seemed to think that photo was somehow tied to the new series.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

pageerror404 posted:

The whole "lol-epic-awesome" thing never did anything for me. I thought it was dying down now.

I think that came out in February, if not earlier.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I think that came out in February, if not earlier.

It debuted at Phoenix Film Festival last March.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And it's got werewolf Hitler in it, cut them some slack.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

And it's got werewolf Hitler in it, cut them some slack.

Not to mention Werewolf Mussolini and Hirohito.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

And I feel the need to point out that is NOT a Photoshop. Real picture, of real invisible hockey.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly, I'm just shocked the Dead Milkmen have come up in this thread twice in the last month.

Yeah, I was amazed they weren't connected

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DrBouvenstein posted:

And I feel the need to point out that is NOT a Photoshop. Real picture, of real invisible hockey.

Fatality! Flawless victory!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

DrBouvenstein posted:

You got to wonder if he'd be better off playing naked... just a pair of skates and stick flying around the rink.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Pizza Hut is to remove all self-service salad carts from its 440 restaurants in China. Up to now, customers were permitted just one trip to the salad cart, but these restrictions have led to ingenious Scooby snack-style stacking of CCTV Tower proportions. The chain, the first to introduce pizza to China in 1990 and pizza delivery in 2001, claims that the move is part of a general menu expansion, but it's surely down to salad cart abuse.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm more upset than I should be that's there's no Louisiana license plate in there.

Let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or place to perform some kind of half-assed autopsy on a fruit. And I'm not gonna stand here and watch that thing cut open and that little Barbie girl spill out over the dock!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is hilarious. Haha.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There was a great thread once where some goon worked at Pizza Hut and threw a tantrum over people doing this.

IIRC, he was endlessly mocked because he wouldn't drop the "but it's STEALING" routine and I think he got a custom title.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There was a great thread once where some goon worked at Pizza Hut and threw a tantrum over people doing this.

IIRC, he was endlessly mocked because he wouldn't drop the "but it's STEALING" routine and I think he got a custom title.

Oh god I remember that thread. My brain is telling me it wasn't a Pizza Hut but I could be entirely wrong. I just remember pages and pages of him insisting that someone who didn't pay for salad eating a breadstick brought back from a salad paying customer was wrong and stealing and grrrr. Would love to find that again.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It was goldmined: No, that is not a salad bar, it is a binding social contract.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Holy poo poo, you're the best.

What's with dudes that use the term "social contract" always being the absolute worst people?

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 20, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:siren:Reminder:siren:

Your avatar has to stay at least 100 posts away from GoT characters at all times.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thanks for this, I remember it too. I was laughing so hard at Finn's posts. Ah, good times.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Well I hope those people at least ate all that veg, I can't laugh at wasted food :colbert:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My mom never gets the salad bar but she always asks people to bring her stuff back from the salad bar and they do and I hate it BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE :supaburn:

That's probably the gooniest anxiety I have.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I believe this also resulted in a stealth based flash game. You had to eat as much food as you could when the guard wasn't looking at you. I'm pretty sure you had to go to the bathroom to make more room as well.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Reminds me of those stories Henry Rollins would tell about Black Flag in the early 80s when they were poor as hell and would go to the cafeteria salad bar and fill up not just their plate but their entire tray from it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Manslaughter posted:

@GooglePoetics is fantastic.

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only

I didn't know I could be disgusted by salad until now. Most of these look vile.

Disclaimer: I've been on the internet since the early 90's.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

NewcastleBrown posted:

I didn't know I could be disgusted by salad until now. Most of these look vile.

Disclaimer: I've been on the internet since the early 90's.

Have you ever encountered a vegetable outside of your time on the internet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mikerock posted:

Have you ever encountered a vegetable outside of your time on the internet?

A vegetable? You mean like that green poo poo?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Rhyno posted:

A vegetable? You mean like that green poo poo?

Seriously. The fruit medleys look good but those mountains of cucumber slices make me sad inside.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I'm really impressed by how pretty and composed these are, they'd look like something out of an old '60s cookbook if they had more jello or hotdogs.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Chard posted:

Well I hope those people at least ate all that veg, I can't laugh at wasted food :colbert:

A friend of mine from college was booted once for parking in the faculty lot (to be fair it was his 5th or 6th such offense) but campus security did such a piss-poor job that he managed to take off the wheel, replaced it with his spare, and just drove off. Kept the booted wheel as a trophy.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Captain Trips posted:

A friend of mine from college was booted once for parking in the faculty lot (to be fair it was his 5th or 6th such offense) but campus security did such a piss-poor job that he managed to take off the wheel, replaced it with his spare, and just drove off. Kept the booted wheel as a trophy.

Don't they, like, write down the license plate somewhere when they do this?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

greatn posted:

Don't they, like, write down the license plate somewhere when they do this?

Doesn't prove that he undid the clamp or that he took it.

Sounds like a case for Anglegrinderman!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Oh there's a whole mini series on this.
With the first episode featuring "Alex the Friendzoned Brony."

And this Chewbacca guy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstotVpoYJo

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

WebDog posted:

Oh there's a whole mini series on this.
With the first episode featuring "Alex the Friendzoned Brony."

"I have a lady boner for..." What was that?

Oh...
JEEZ, Alex. You sad, sad manchild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Effingham posted:

"I have a lady boner for..." What was that?

Oh...
JEEZ, Alex. You sad, sad manchild.

Sounded like Winter Soldier... I am having a hard time watching this.

• Locked thread