Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Half an hour until our first line battle in about a week, hopefully everyone's honed their aiming and bayonet skills!*

*I didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I haven't even touched the game in the past week due to the Brave New World vortex. Let's do this.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Heading back to the North and South posts from a couple of weeks ago, blowing the dust off, and perhaps sweeping a cobweb or two away...

For those wishing to indulge in North and South again, or perhaps if there are any more events, this Tumblr blog is defiantly worth a visit, and will help you brush up on your Civil War facial hair!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I take it goons are still going strong in this? I only have a couple bucks left in my Steam wallet and this is on the shortlist before the end of the summer sale.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yeah, around 15-20 strong in most line battles.

I urge any goon from the US or EU to pick it up dirt cheap and give some line battling a try.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

EU linebattle in 50 min? Holy smokes!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our new Monday EU line battle is happening in less than 30 minutes goons, start getting into the Mumble if you can make it.

We also have a American time zoned event at 8PM EST tonight too.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
The break is over, and now it's time to kick back with some cultured multiplayer! Join the Mumble channel if you want to join in!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
OK, so some guys in the Mumble asked for clarification on the Augurs of the Bird. Here's a tentative list of what means what, as far as I know:
Killing the bird on the first volley: the battle will probably not go well.
Missing the first volley but killing the bird on subsequent volleys: the battle will probably go well.
Ignoring the bird: The Bird, in its infinite and all-knowing yet inscrutable ways, will decide how best to deal with us.
The map does not feature birds: we're hosed, bub.

Still in the process of collecting evidence on what happens if there's more than one bird (and all esulting variations thereof), if just one guy fires on the bird (and whether or not he hits), etc.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A pretty bad rear end EU turn out tonight.

We have even got the new American NW Line Battle in fifty minutes too!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

American line battle in 31 minutes. Get in the Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We have our EU Siege event happening in around 35 minutes. Come swarm some fort walls with us goons!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

12 minutes to fort swarming action.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Starting right now, it is siege so you don't have to wait +15 minutes for pubbies to die to play if you are late so join in!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And the patch is now out people.

Here is the downloadable for those don't have the STEAM version of the DLC.

Here be the patch notes!

quote:

New Features
- Added the following new British units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added the following new British units; First Kings German Legion Hussars. (THERE IS A GOD)
- Added the following new French units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added the following new French units; 2nd Kronprinz Bavarian Infantry.
- Added pirate voices for the British sailors.
- Added a new big Frigate ship scene prop.
- Added a new sailable Sloop.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat with 1 mast.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat with 2 masts.
- Added a new sailable Cannonboat (Can not fire)
- Added a new sailable Rocketboat (Can not fire)
- Added a lot of exciting new maps and map fixes.

New Maps
Battle
- Ambush
- Saint’s Isle
- Forest Palisade
- Sjotofta
- Naval Battle

Siege
- Fort al Hafya
- Fort de Chartres
- Citadelle Napoleon (Naval)
- Charge to the Rhine
- Siege of Toulon (Naval)
- Fort George
- Fort Bashir
- Fort Nylas
- Fort Brochet

General Changes
- When a unit dies that carries a shovel in his backpack, it will always be dropped on the floor so people can pick it up and use it to remove earthworks that might be in the way.
- When a unit dies that carries a Ramrod in his backpack, it will always be dropped on the floor so people can pick it up and use it.
(Actually loving useful here!)
- Added a extra caption to Internal Admin chat, so you can tell them apart.

Balance Changes
- Reduced the length of the cavalry swords a bit, they had ghostly long range.
- Made all artillery less accurate on long range to balance the powerfull destruction force.
- Reduced the range an explosion would have by 30%, to balance the extremely powerful howitzers and mortars.
- Made cannonballs lose more force on ground hit and bounce less to make them less unstoppable.
- Made pistols some more accurate, it will now really hit within the player visible circle, to balance them, the reload is now slightly slower though (Question is, will they be more lethal?).
- Decreased the damage the rifle in melee would inflict, they were more powerful than most real melee weapons
- Increased the Rifle Melee swing animation speed
- Reduced the health of all medium and heavy horses to balance their classes.
- Made the armor points of the british cavalry helmets to be on par with other factions helmets.
- Removed the blunderbuss from the selection for russian dragoon cavalry they were too powerfull for that class (And thus the pointless hate over musketoons reaches its climax).
- Boats respawn much faster now.
- Changed several maps to make them more balanced.

Bug Fixes THESE HAVE BEEN IN SINCE RELEASE! thanks for ignoring them for pointlessly balancing the universally terrible melee system instead for a year you jerks!
- Fixed a bug with some rocks uses in maps that were not having a collision mesh which allowed people to hide in.
- Fixed all collision meshes for trees, should now not block bullets on wrong places, and some trees were walk through, now not anymore.
- Fixed collision mesh for the sandbags which will now block bullets on the right places and not in thin air.
- Fixed collision mesh of the couch so it won't block bullets in thin air.
- Fixed that when you switch your weapon to melee you would walk slower.
- Fixed all cases that some ranks and some units were running faster or slower than others.
- Fixed several bugged collision meshes.
- Fixed several bugs on maps.
- Fixed a bug in the admin panel that it sometimes selected the wrong player, or does not work at all when clicking a player.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the prussian guard drummer to ride horses.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed you to teleport into a building by playing a piano from it’s backside.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed you to play two tunes at once as a musician (FSE clearly have no sense of humour).
- Fixed a bug in siege that some doors are reversed, can be walked through when closed and so on.
- ze_treasure prop will now always give out pirate hats to the user.
- Fixed a bug that spawned birds randomly on all custom maps (LAME.

Some needless fixes, some vital ones. Still wish they gave the Prussians Light Infantry and increased the numbers to 250 but I also wish I was tanned and had a more exotic accent for the ladies. Welp.

Now to check to see if the mods are working or not!

Oh, and Blood And Iron event at 8PM EST tonight. Assuming the mod is working.

EDIT: Crosshair mod still work, all bicorns but British cav are still there too. Blood and Iron needs updated servers to play on.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 24, 2013

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I will never forgive them for removing the random birds.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Blob Bird: 1812-1812 You Were Taken Too Soon.

Serious talk: New Siege maps are nice, some are tweaked custom maps though. Siege events will have some more variety too them.

Love the Bavarian guys with their condom hats and sky blue jackets.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Why would they put in a cannon/rocket boat if it can't fire? I hope the rocket boat at least goes fast.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lorem ipsum posted:

Why would they put in a cannon/rocket boat if it can't fire? I hope the rocket boat at least goes fast.

Maybe they are hoping a mod finds a way first to do it and then add the feature?

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

I tried out the new patch on a public siege server. The Siege of Toulon maps requires the British to sail on the French island in several small boats. Needless to say, it's a constant spectacle of pirate yells, people falling into the ocean and teamkills. Can't wait to see a line battle version! :allears:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

quote:

Fixed a bug that spawned birds randomly on all custom maps

There is no God :negative:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

That was a bug? I thought that was a normal part of the mod.

How the hell are we going to augur now?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

By shooting Nerdbot.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is he allowed to shoot back?

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Only if the map has artillery.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our Blood And Iron Wednesday American event thingy is happening in around forty minutes. Start getting the Mumble goons!

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I've been hearing reports of increased instability following the latest patch. Have any of you fellas seen this come up personally?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Apparently that was the fault of the FSE, they have given server owners a bugged set of files. They just released the fix patch for it.

We got another American Blood And Iron event tonight at 8PM EST!

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.
45 minutes till Blood and Iron event, get ready goons!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In less than 15 minutes we have our Thursday Blood And Iron event tonight. Come on in the Mumble goons lets get set up!

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!
Do we know the stats of the new infantry classes (i.e. how does a Royal Marine compare against Line Infantry or Light Infantry)?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Royal Marine is essentially just Line Infantry stats wise.

Also, two events tonight. Blood and Iron EU event at 9PM GMT/10PM EU central and American NW event at 9PM EST.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The EU Blood and Iron event isn't on the Steam calendar, just fyi

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rabhadh posted:

The EU Blood and Iron event isn't on the Steam calendar, just fyi

Putting it up now, thanks for the heads up man.

Also, I got all my information about the Franco Prussian War from this book on Scribd. Enjoy!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 26, 2013

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

HEY LISTEN! There is an EU Blood and Iron event in like 20 min!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than ten minutes left, we just got the server info and whatnot, get in the Mumble for some good ol' shooting 1871-style.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is starting now, goons get in the Mumble channel.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

That doesn't look very comfortable...

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

You missed this part:

Oh, THAT's who you guys meant! Still, ragdoll physics plus masts are absolutely amazing :allears:

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 26, 2013

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

That doesn't look very comfortable...

You missed this part:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sod, the NEC servers are going down to be maintained and updated so no NEC Napoleonic Wars line battle tonight for the Americans :smith:.

• Locked thread