Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"A hearty congratulations to Will and Kate on their organism!"

(Also Homlot and Miara, those words do not mean what you think they mean. :negative:)

e: I also wonder how many of these people are just aping stuff they've seen on tumblr and don't actually know a drat thing about the issue of sex vs. gender. At least two.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What the gently caress?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

jaegerx posted:

Blasphemy. The fries chicken nuggets are the only good thing in McDonald's

The fries are too thin and too salty. The chicken nuggets though are top notch.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

Tiggum posted:

The fries are too thin and too salty. The chicken nuggets though are top notch.

If you chew long enough, you can taste the McNugget's soul...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I've done this before years ago when working on a car and I needed to move it half a mile down the road to a friend's house to use his garage. Had the steering wheel off to gently caress with the shift linkage and somehow managed to misplace it. I was fancier though and put two on there. Oh to be an idiot teenager again.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rhyno posted:

What the gently caress?

Some people think the social justice crew are hilarious even when most of them are talking sense. gently caress, Elio Iannacci is a well-respected (if not fluffy) journalist.

People think we shouldn't be imposing poo poo on 1-day-old babies! What a lark!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

*ping*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Man those are some good assed parodies of modern internet social constructs being applied onto a real world situation.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is this an edit or did they honestly have this line in the movie? I can't remember at all.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Krinkle posted:

Is this an edit or did they honestly have this line in the movie? I can't remember at all.
It's an actual line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc&t=185s

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

mfcrocker posted:

Some people think the social justice crew are hilarious even when most of them are talking sense. gently caress, Elio Iannacci is a well-respected (if not fluffy) journalist.

People think we shouldn't be imposing poo poo on 1-day-old babies! What a lark!

Yes, issues that effect a very very tiny minority of people should be universally catered to.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Ah, I see you've got the machine that goes Ping. This is my favourite.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Whoa, "defender of the faith?" Maybe that baby wants to be atheist did you ever consider that?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Woah hey did anyone ASK the baby if it wanted to be a human and not a furkin or furrkin or wolf or dragonguy or whateverthefuck?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The baby should probably just be put back until it's old enough to decide if it wants to be born or not.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Has the human race always been this loving retarded and we're just now noticing it due to the internet?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

Has the human race always been this loving retarded and we're just now noticing it due to the internet?

Probably, the internet allows people to find like-minded individuals in a way that would've been otherwise impossible in smaller communities in the past.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It used to be an institution and a peculiar one at that.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

veedubfreak posted:

No no they're being ironic and quoting movie lines this sort of attitude doesn't exist at all. Manspaining. :shepface:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Darth Freddy posted:

Can't even put the steering column on the right side of course they don't use a steering wheel.

What are you talking about, it's on the right side. :confused:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Korgan posted:

What are you talking about, it's on the right side. :confused:

Well you see, the right side is the wrong side, obviously.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Oh God, these SJWs just can't abide the fact that being a minority by definition means most people aren't you. Statistically he'll be a heterosexual male and there's nothing wrong with assuming that until proven otherwise.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
And if he does choose otherwise, that's awesome and should be supported. Before that, jesus, people, let em be a kid?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The Royal family has announced that the baby has a 30,000 to 1 shot at being a girl!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"Royal Family welcomes thing"

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Me and pretty much every other trans person I know do our absolute best to dissassociate ourselves with those kinds of people as much as possible. But they make it so hard.

In the past you couldn't tell people you're trans because you're scared they'll act bigoted. Nowdays you can't because you're scared they'll assume you're a crazy social justice warrior. That said, most of those tweets that aren't being ironic, are probably just people trying way too hard to be showing off how progressive they are..

Also they're really stupid because yeah it's a loving boy. I was a boy when I was born, too. That's nature. These people need to work on understanding context.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool story, hansel.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

If I met you on the street I'd be more scared by you telling me you have that as an avatar than telling me you're a trans person.

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

That DICK! posted:

"Royal Family welcomes thing"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The best approach is to always treat everyone the same. The idea is that one day someone can say "hey everyone I identify as a bisexual man and I'm dating 3 people right now, one of whom identifies as a dragon" you can go "okay whatever" and go about your day without wanting to shame him or change him. You don't have to be friends with him or something, of course.

Feminism (and social justice in general) isn't about making sure women are treated better than men or something, it's about having society reach a point where if a woman talks poo poo to a guy at a bar and punches him in the gut he can punch her back.

People are weird.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

The best approach is to always treat everyone the same. The idea is that one day someone can say "hey everyone I identify as a bisexual man and I'm dating 3 people right now, one of whom identifies as a dragon" you can go "okay whatever" and go about your day without wanting to shame him or change him. You don't have to be friends with him or something, of course.

Feminism (and social justice in general) isn't about making sure women are treated better than men or something, it's about having society reach a point where if a woman talks poo poo to a guy at a bar and punches him in the gut he can punch her back.

People are weird.

What the gently caress?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh good I was afraid we might have to go back to posting funny pictures soon with just the social justice twitter thing to be cross about.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oh right this is the funny picture thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

A few friends and I have a theory that Tebow framed Hernandez in order to get some playing time...

manderson
Aug 12, 2005

Human Extraordinaire

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Oh right this is the funny picture thread.

Good dog.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

People are weird.

No I want to shame the dragon person forever and never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

People are weird.

Yeah maybe some day someone identifying as a dragon will be normal enough for me. But for right now I'd immediately have to ask "What's that like?"

• Locked thread