Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So for the Sunday NW event we're doing in around an hour do you guys want to try out the new British cav?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

SeanBeansShako posted:

So for the Sunday NW event we're doing in around an hour do you guys want to try out the new British cav?

Yes please!

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
So there aren't any spergy requirements for goon linebattles? Just hop in mumble and don't be an idiot?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Goast posted:

So there aren't any spergy requirements for goon linebattles? Just hop in mumble and don't be an idiot?

Not so much don't be an idiot, it's more don't be a dick. But yeah, just show up and you're part of the club.

Also line battle in ~20 minutes, be there or be square!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright goons, I got us British Cav tonight so you can try our the fancy pants KGL Hussars.

If our numbers go over sixteen, seven or eight goons can group up together as British Sailors and as long as they stick together kick some arse for the King.

Goast posted:

Follow the leader and don't be a jerk to the pubbies thanks.

Line battle happening in 20 minutes all stuff is in the Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Weeks events all up on the STEAM group schedule.

Also, EU Napoleonic Wars line battle in around 50 minutes time. If you can make it show up in the Mumble channel thanks.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

EU linebattle in 30 min! Woah!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around ten minutes time we'll be starting the monday EU event. If you can show up please do we're line infantry and we need numbers.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

North American LB in 30 min! Hop on into mumbles.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
15 minutes to line battle, get into Mumble so you can roll with cool cats and maybe even shoot people :frogc00l:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Less than ten minutes, I think we've got cav so get on into this funky NW event!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

EU Siege event is happening in around half an hour. Maybe the 15th might use one or two of the new Siege maps tonight?

If not, It'll still be fun so come on down!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the siege event. Turn off your brain and shoot at brightly colored mans with us.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bad news guys, apparently that Naval Event thing was all pointless hot air and isn't happening for now and I cannot find even one crummy line battle tonight to replace it so we've got no line battle tonight.

If the event pops, don't bother getting into Mumble. I've deleted it from the STEAM community as of this post. Still, we have a solid Blood And Iron event tomorrow guys!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I'm not gonna lie, after actually thinking about the naval offerings in this build I didn't have much confidence the quality of a naval event anyway. I don't think we'll have any worthwhile naval situations unless FSE finds a way to break the Warband engine over its knee somehow.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
Maybe something will come out of that Caribbean expansion/expandalone or whatever it is. Not having movable ships pretty much makes it pointless. You're just running from tiny island to tiny island.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I still think they can at least mount a tiny cannon to the bows of the smaller ships and have them fire. Just not animate the cannons too much and keep them fixed to what they are simply facing.

It'd be enough for a weird boarding the static bigger ship siege battles going on.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Today's Blood and Iron event is in a couple hours!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our Thursday American Blood And Iron event is happening in around forty minutes tonight.

Show up for our regular Victorian death fest!

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Yep, american blood and iron event in 15 min! We are french cannons!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Good news everyone, we've got a Wednesday Siege event for Napoleonic Wars at the usual time of 8PM EST.

Here are the rules:

quote:

Because of the battle size the rules are not set in stone and are subject to being changed to ensure we have a balanced battle.

Misc. Rules:
- time limit per round is 25 min, defenders get 5 lives
- 1 sapper per regiment is allowed.
- Max of 1 officer per reg if you want
- No musketoons, no rifles, no cav otherwise may take any unit type
- No trolling (aka; teamkilling, teamwounding, kicking, obstructing artillery, etc.)
- If an Admin asks a question only Regiment leaders should respond.
- profane or abusive language, taunting, spamming, racial or ethnic slurs in chat will not be tolerated
- attackers please move out in 6 man lines, regiments do not matter
- one Regiment will be assigned arty per round
- If a Regiment LEADER has an issue with something or someone during the Linebattle, please contact one of the KPR admins. Do not take unilateral action.
- Units may leave the defenses in groups of 6 or more
- Siege can be a buggy battle type which may effect defender life numbers. We will do everything we can to ensure things are set up properly but somethinges things happen beyond our control. We are also aware that sometimes defenders when they run out of lives will exit the game and come back in to "reset" themselves. Anyone caught doing this will be banned! I strongly suggest if you get disconnected with a few minutes to go as a defender you simply go into spectator so as to avoid any mistakes.

We also have two events tonight, the EU Blood And Iron one at 9PM GMT/10PM European central and the NEC NW Line Battle at 9PM EST.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
20 minutes to Blood and Iron event, get in so you can shoot dudes in pointy hats/red pants.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

20 minutes to the EU Blood and Iron event.

EDIT: Yeah what he said.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In twenty minutes time we're doing some Napoleonic Wars line battle action. Do show up in the Mumble channel if you can make it tonight goons!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hey goons, in less than an hour we have our Sunday Night NW line battle event thingy administrated by yours truly.

I've got you guys Prussian Rifles since we've not done rifles in a while. Also, we're experimenting with a custom map tonight!

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Big ol' LB in about 15 minutes on our server. We're playing Russian rifles, so get in here, gooners!

Also, there's gonna be Goon Total War FFA's at 9pm CST tonight (about two hours after the LB, if you can't be bothered to do the math), so join up with us on Camping The Stairs (in Manly Total War Combat) if you want to play!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Time for another highlight reel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KanFbxho9d8

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nice. I've added it to quite the growing list of videos we've got now.

We got two line battles tonight, both are Napoleonic Wars. Our EU one is in less than an hour (Mumble get in!) and then at 8PM EST we have our Monday one.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's happening in 7 minutes so get in the Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

American line battle happening in less than forty minutes. You know you what that hot musket on musket action!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Here is the video for last nights Artimis game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5xvW2WEJcI

Looking forward to giving it another go.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Grey Hunter posted:

That reminds me: Endman, you never did manage to record the Rome: Total War FFAs, did you?

When I close my eyes, I still see a legion of invincible Spartans :negative:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright goons, the bug fix patch for the last NW update has hit STEAM right now. Simply start and close the game to trigger the update. Here are the notes!

Balance Changes
- Tweaked the accuracy of the british and austrian light dragoons to make them more balanced with the other dragoon classes.
- Changed several maps to make them more balanced.

I guess this means that British Cavalry is a lot less weaker as a whole now, with these changes and the new Hussars. Now lets play more Cav!

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with commander battles, that did not allow anyone to spawn.
- Fixed a client side crash that happened often when joining a busy server.
- Fixed a melee exploit, that worked through switching a musket between melee and fire mode rapidly.
- Fixed a exploit that allowed a player to instantly reload a weapon that has recently been picked up from the ground.
- Fixed a lot of small map errors and glitches, and battle spawnpoints that were outside of the map border.
- Fixed a lot of small troop skill problems, like some troops were able to ride horses whilst their not supposed to, or could run faster than troops of the same class.

We also have our EU Tuesday Siege event for Napoleonic Wars tonight!

Grey Hunter posted:

Thank you kindly man, I'm snickering at all the friendly jabs going on with this.

EDIT: Correction, THIS is the real NW patch for non STEAM users.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 6, 2013

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
EU fight in about 20 mins, come listen to Nurdbot complain!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

That reminds me: Endman, you never did manage to record the Rome: Total War FFAs, did you?

When I close my eyes, I still see a legion of invincible Spartans :negative:

I did get the second game we played, the one with the Spartan deathblob. I just need to edit it and throw it up on youtube. When I've done that I'll post it in the Total War thread, probably.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I found a font changer.

Look at this. I can read the scoreboard. It's not perfect but it is infinitely better than the old font, which I found is called Mordred. It's actually not Papyrus.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 7, 2013

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

My HDD is dying on me so I won't be attending any events until sometime next week when I can get a replacement.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that sucks. Hope to see you back in the game soon man!

Heeeeey goons, we got our brand new American siege event tonight at 8PM EST. Which is in less than an hour! see you in the Mumble channel soon!

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Blood and Iron event in 40 min! Hop in mumble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got Blood And Iron event in around 15 minutes, lets start rolling into the Mumble goons.

I've got the details already so we won't be waiting around for too long.

• Locked thread