Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Eddain posted:

Wish there was an option to lower the volume, MAA is ridiculously loud on my desktop.

I just turn the system volume down while I play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Codependent Poster posted:

Rapid Psychosis is now limited to 3 stacks, and the damage was reduced. So it's not really very good now.
It also has a duration of 1 round now (previously unlimited)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Eddain posted:

Wish there was an option to lower the volume, MAA is ridiculously loud on my desktop.

Windows allows you to control the volume for each individual application through the sound mixer.

I've started in on Chapter II, Iron Fist's costume is going to end up costing me quite a bit of CP. Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, are all characters I need to unlock everything.

The Heroic Encounters are kinda neat, it's nice to just have heroes without the millions of potential gear combinations getting in the way.

Speaking of gear, I got the Lewis Automatic Machine gun in a deploy drop. It's a customized weapon, hits pretty drat hard, has a passive evasion buff, and causes "Shell Shocked" which deals damage when they attack. Probably no good for PVP, but hits bosses hard enough, especially two-turn ones that end up damaging themselves.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Holy hell, are the Incursion fights buffed in kind when you play Challenge Mode? I fought a couple last night, and got absolutely buried. Almost all of my attacks were dodged, the few that hit did trivial damage, and I was getting repeatedly one-shotted like a chump.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Three-starred all the SpecOps missions, and though "Sweeet Gonna get Hellstrom now!"

Nope.

quote:

The Devil You Know: FINAL CHALLENGE: DEFEAT MEPHISTO

I have 20CP right now, and I need Scarlet Witch (90CP) and Fantomex (135CP) to spawn the loving boss.

gently caress you, SpecOps. gently caress you.

(I also have a DEFEAT MEPHISTO for the 'From Hell's Heart" taskline, and "Win the Hammering Nail... FROM MEPHISTO" as a third task. Seriously considering hacking myself some CP now.)

JohnnyCanuck fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 2, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I need Incursion help: Rescue, Tac P5 Phoenix, and Blaster Agent with Warbringer and Coulson's.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The trick to Incursions is to view them as PvP fights. Only you know what you are running against, and the other guy is a wallet warrior with like 100,000 extra gear score. *

*= Not actually, but it seems in every Incursion I've taken part in the other side are way stronger than me.

The only advantage is you CAN use your inventory/ call for backup.

By and large my strategy is Quicksilver (for the guaranteed first two actions) and an Infiltrator agent with a protect weapon (like the Guardian Blade) and the Sinister Sceptre. QS's first action is to use a chrono booster so he can ensure my agent goes next and can get the Phase up AND his combat reflex up before Rescue can hit him with Off Balance.
To deal with the others either use Magneto (so he can magnatise the enemy team and or put up magnetic shields) or a hero with Shield Breaker, since Rescue really sucks if she can't put up shields.

But yeah the Incursions are tough but fun. I also really like the Heroic battles. The Rogue/Gambit one is pretty bleh, the Mystique is kind of cool with how she changes into other heroes but the only way I found to win was gem up Kurt. The Logan one is great (with how it keeps changing backgrounds) and the Spider-Woman is really smart.

However to have a chance, those heroes pretty much HAVE to be at least level 9.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Managed it, P5 Inf Emma & P5 Tac Phoenix clinched it with their psychic attacks.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Anyone have advice on what the hell to do with the Chapter 6 Cable & Deadpool Heroic Battle?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Three-starred all the SpecOps missions, and though "Sweeet Gonna get Hellstrom now!"

Nope.

I have 20CP right now, and I need Scarlet Witch (90CP) and Fantomex (135CP) to spawn the loving boss.

gently caress you, SpecOps. gently caress you.
Yeah, that's MAA SpecOps for ya. Last task is always to fight the epic boss, and the epic boss always requires a pvp hero for 135CP, plus two other (of which one often is a 90 CP hero)

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Incursions have been a cathartic experience for me. The last PvP season mostly consisted of fighting dudes with twice my armory bonus and squeezing by in fifteen-minute battles using Rescue and Omega Sentinel. Here, you have the ability to counter-pick when you see your opponent's heroes, as well as drop Mystical Munitions and Lost Scrolls left and right. Plus, the enemy's stats aren't grossly overinflated for whatever reason (though you guys seem to report otherwise...?)

Also, I saw a SHIELD Slugger in one of the reward pools. Kind of cool that they'd offer old PvP reward items like this. Chance to get them must be tiny, though.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Fred is on posted:

Incursions have been a cathartic experience for me. The last PvP season mostly consisted of fighting dudes with twice my armory bonus and squeezing by in fifteen-minute battles using Rescue and Omega Sentinel. Here, you have the ability to counter-pick when you see your opponent's heroes, as well as drop Mystical Munitions and Lost Scrolls left and right. Plus, the enemy's stats aren't grossly overinflated for whatever reason (though you guys seem to report otherwise...?)

Also, I saw a SHIELD Slugger in one of the reward pools. Kind of cool that they'd offer old PvP reward items like this. Chance to get them must be tiny, though.
Yeah, they're offering up at least SHIELD Slugger, Spirit Edge, Chakra Strike, Scroll of Angolob (!!!) in the incursion roulette. Figure it's a 3% chance or something ridiculous, but the mission with Dragoness is pretty easy to farm IIRC.
Problem is the weapons rotate, so you'd have to beat the RNG both with getting A weapon, and THE weapon you actually want (i.e. SoA)

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
gently caress the spiderwoman heroic battle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how all but two choices in the incursion roulette is 5 fights.

But yea, they're not terrible as you can choose a team that can counter the incursion team and heal and stuff.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
One interesting thing with the new mission structure is that I no longer feel compelled to do every single battle and three-bird every boss. It's pretty neat. (Now watch as some of the later tasks demand an astronomically high total score or something, rendering the overhaul completely redundant...)

I'm also starting to notice that with all the deploys and Heroic Battles the chapter asks of you, Iron Fist's costume is going to be expensive as hell. I guess it's better to think of it as a cool bonus than an actual goal, because Cable and Deadpool alone make the price tag pretty ridiculous. At least CP is in somewhat more plentiful supply than before, what with Heroic Battle reward roulettes, the several tasks that reward you with 1 CP and the chapter completion rewards.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

fallin1 posted:

I beat it despite using Vengence, but if you avoid that and just focus on Modok it should be easy- the other two guys just heal her, right?

Doing the task to beat Thor with Hercules with a score over 30k actually took me two tries; the first one was challenge mode, which probably didn't help. I did get a Thunderwatch on both fights, though :)

Fred is on posted:

One interesting thing with the new mission structure is that I no longer feel compelled to do every single battle and three-bird every boss. It's pretty neat. (Now watch as some of the later tasks demand an astronomically high total score or something, rendering the overhaul completely redundant...)

There are no total score tasks, just task for beating a particular enemy with a particular score. The Thor one was the only really difficult one- my only remaining task is beat Modok with 45k, but the last time I fought him I got over 130k so I'm not really worried about that one, even on Challenge mode.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 2, 2013

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

fallin1 posted:

Seriously. I've tried several iso layouts but her damage output is so terrible at best I get MODOK down to ~40%.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I had no problem with it. It went on a little long, but I did beat it in the end.

The trick is using Pheromones makes the goons heal you instead of attacking. Then just use the Bio Sting on MODOK to reset his clock. Putting up vengeance means SW does more damage but will kill the goons, so balance it out.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I think I've probably played this game too much in the last 24 hours- just unlocked the costume. I think the task system just encouraged me to keep going where I'd normally stop if it was grinding for stars.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If I have the other 3 pieces of the current set, is it worth getting the final piece?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Bugs were to be expected, but at least the error message is funny.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Fred is on posted:

Bugs were to be expected, but at least the error message is funny.

This was because there was a bug where for some people refreshing after an Incursion would give them 5g.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

The trick is using Pheromones makes the goons heal you instead of attacking. Then just use the Bio Sting on MODOK to reset his clock. Putting up vengeance means SW does more damage but will kill the goons, so balance it out.

This. Unlike every other battle in the game, these ones require some skill and strategy other than brute force and combos.

The trick is making sure his minions have Fear Pheromones after Mental Anguish comes off, that's when you need the healing most. For me, that means using it on the second turn, then every other turn after that. Don't use Vengence until Modok's dead, and save Venom Blast for when you need to reset the countdown.

Edit: gently caress, this isn't working anymore.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 3, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only now do I realize Scott puts flanked on blasters, so he its perfect to bring to Blackheart fights. Yes, take 4 unibeams in a row.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey, cool thing: you don't need to do Heroic Battles to unlock Epic Bosses. I'd assume the same for Incursions, but I haven't tested.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Incursions are pretty much bullshit so here's my protip:

Use Quicksilver and on his first turn pop an immobilizer from your inventory. Proceed to win.

Ancillary protip: stop selling your immobilizers

Suit and Tie
May 19, 2009
Did anybody get an email with a free 90 command point link recently?

I got sent one and the link had all ready been removed.
The clock only showed it was sent 7 hours ago.
They must be really cracking down on the free items exploit-ability.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

So for anyone gunning for 100% completion on Season 2, Chapter 1, here's the list of every hero you need:

Black Widow
Black Knight
Cable
Captain Britain
Cyclops
Deadpool
Dr. Strange
Gambit
Hercules
Kitty Pryde
Nightcrawler
Phoenix
Psylocke
Rogue
Scarlet Witch
Shatterstar
Spider-Woman
Storm
Union Jack
Wolverine

Personally, I've got to dump 765 more CP if I want that alternate costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm glad I farmed the poo poo out of CP ages ago, so I have all the basic characters and i just had to focus on the new releases.

The Son of the Devil set is pretty good in regular combat, its terrible against blackheart though.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I got an incursion with a Tactician Agent, Wonder Man, and Omega Sentinel, and every member of their team goes before I do, starting with the Agent....who immediately uses hotshot which stuns everyone in my team.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

So for anyone gunning for 100% completion on Season 2, Chapter 1, here's the list of every hero you need:

Black Widow
Black Knight
Cable
Captain Britain
Cyclops
Deadpool
Dr. Strange
Gambit
Hercules
Kitty Pryde
Nightcrawler
Phoenix
Psylocke
Rogue
Scarlet Witch
Shatterstar
Spider-Woman
Storm
Union Jack
Wolverine

Personally, I've got to dump 765 more CP if I want that alternate costume.
350 plus whatever Spider Woman costs. Guess that's not too bad, and it's not like you just get the costume, there's a lot of goodies along the way

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Plus season two isn't going anywhere so there's no rush if you don't have all the required heroes yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, Magick and Kitty have a teamup bonus called Best Friends Forever

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

"Shell Schocked" knocks 30K damage off Blackheart.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, Magick and Kitty have a teamup bonus called Best Friends Forever

Does anyone else get that bonus? It's hard to imagine Drew and Danvers without it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bell_ posted:

Does anyone else get that bonus? It's hard to imagine Drew and Danvers without it.

Or spidey/torch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Stupid british heroes

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Ugh, I'm not particularly enjoying having to recruit heroes that look totally boring.

Looking at you Black Knight, Gambit and Rogue.

And it's not even enough to just recruit them, need to level them to 9 as well. At the very least for Black Knight.

It will all be worth it to have Iron Fist not suck though. Favourite hero.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Rogue isn't so bad, at least she's getting a new costume at some point in the distant future. I agree that Black Knight and Gambit are pretty dull though.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Stupid british heroes

British heroes are the best. :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
S2E1 done. Game boring again now.

• Locked thread