Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hypnolobster posted:

I'll be there. Can't believe how good the lineup is. It's a bummer that Motorhead isn't going to be there, but the Pixes are a completely acceptable replacement.

Can't wait.

Are you gonna be there Friday? Any chance you'd want to meet up? I'll be with my brother-in-law on Saturday but I'm on my own Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Edit: argh, drat you app

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Sed Non Satiata is kicking off a west coast tour this week. I'll be at either the Oakland or SF show. AFAIK the venue hasn't been announced for either, yet.

quote:

SNS west-coast tour with CARRION SPRING and LEE COREY OSWALD starts Aug 1st!
August 1st Portland, OR (Garfield Haus)
August 2nd Oakland, CA
August 3rd San Francisco, CA
August 4th Santa Cruz, CA (The Ratchet House)
August 5th Los Angeles, CA (Unit)
August 6th Los Angeles, CA (Bridgetown/Summer Vacation)
August 7th San Diego, CA (Che Café/Moxiebeat)
August 8th Las Vegas, NV
August 9th Tempe/Phoenix, AZ (NEED HELP)
August 10th Albuquerque, NM (House Show)
August 11th Santa Fe, NM
August 12th Denver, CO (Mouth House)
August 13th Salt Lake City/Provo, UT (NEED HELP)
August 14th Boise, ID
August 15th Bellingham, WA
August 16th Seattle, WA ( Blacklodge)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Modern Life is War announced five release shows for October. None near me, unfortunately.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Dude in Ken Burns: saw your tape on tumblr with an email address. Do I just pay pal that address $4 and leave my address in the comments? I'm bad at punk.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5yfreafAw

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Goddammit why did I have to see this at work. It will sit there taunting me, my ears unable to behold it for another 2 hours.

EDIT: SO GOOD. September can't come fast enough.

Also Title Fight makes me feel like I'm completely wasting my life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FjDirUuhA

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 31, 2013

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The new Dads EP is ridiculously good.

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid

Kevar posted:

Dude in Ken Burns: saw your tape on tumblr with an email address. Do I just pay pal that address $4 and leave my address in the comments? I'm bad at punk.

Yeah, that's probably the best way.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Quantumfate posted:

So what's going on with AFI these days? Do they ever do anything from Answer That at shows or anything in that kind of vein? Touche Amore is touring with AFI and I really want to see Touche Amore again, just curious about how the other band that's tacked on is these days.

In addition to the link to I Hope You Suffer posted before, they also have this single coming out from the forthcoming new album. Much more poppunk stuff like they've been doing compared to IHYS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKhheeBUT_A

And yeah, they generally sneak in 1 or 2 old Answer That/VPOY/SYM songs into modern setlists.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

deadwing posted:

The new Dads EP is ridiculously good.

It's pretty good. (I'm certainly the first person to make that joke)

Important: Pig Destroyer are playing a weird art/music festival in an old glue factory in bumfuck Upstate NY. Considering they barely play any shows, I never thought I'd get a chance to see them. $40 is a bit much, but whatever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Modern Life is War streaming :getin:
http://pitchfork.com/advance/174-fever-hunting/

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

Kevar posted:

It's pretty good. (I'm certainly the first person to make that joke)

Important: Pig Destroyer are playing a weird art/music festival in an old glue factory in bumfuck Upstate NY. Considering they barely play any shows, I never thought I'd get a chance to see them. $40 is a bit much, but whatever.

Also important : there is a band called Puig Destroyer that released a baseball themed 7" recently. I have yet to listen to it but I'm sure it owns.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Greg Ginn is suing Keith Morris and all involved with his Black Flag deal...and Henry Rollins, for some reason (even though Henry isn't really involved in any way).

http://www.avclub.com/articles/black-flags-greg-ginn-suing-members-of-flag-henry,101192/

Edit: Apparently Henry's been named because he and Keith sued for the Black Flag trademark (probably so they could finally get some loving royalties), and Greg is also getting sued by like, half of SST's old bands.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 6, 2013

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

HATEPOSTING posted:

Also important : there is a band called Puig Destroyer that released a baseball themed 7" recently. I have yet to listen to it but I'm sure it owns.

I think one of the guys from Curl Up and Die is in it. I don't even like baseball but it does in fact own.

Curl Up and Die announced a reunion over a year ago and nothing has happened since. That does not own.

MLIW talk: I had the 2nd rarest variant in my cart, couldn't remember my deathwish username/password. By the time I got it, it was sold out. So now I'm waiting because I shouldn't have been spending money on it this week anyways.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Greg Ginn is suing Keith Morris and all involved with his Black Flag deal...and Henry Rollins, for some reason (even though Henry isn't really involved in any way).

http://www.avclub.com/articles/black-flags-greg-ginn-suing-members-of-flag-henry,101192/

Edit: Apparently Henry's been named because he and Keith sued for the Black Flag trademark (probably so they could finally get some loving royalties), and Greg is also getting sued by like, half of SST's old bands.

The new "Black Flag" songs were really embarrassing. Everyone should just let this band die. Pretty stoked that Ian Mckaye is never going to do a Minor Threat reunion.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

AAAAAahahahahahaha. These dudes all deserve eachother.

A lot of dudes like to poo poo on Henry Rollins for a variety of reasons, some of which I understand, but at least he has the good sense not to be anywhere near any of this poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Smith Street Band 10'' Don't gently caress With Our Dreams sounds pretty special. They uploaded a stream to listen to it before it comes out errr soon, but yeah I'm probably going to listen to this a couple of hundred times.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
One of my bands Devil's Hand did a 7 inch for Vinyl Conflict Records which is a Richmond, VA locals only label done by Alex D of Grave Mistake Records fame and Bobby Egger who runs the local punk record store Vinyl Conflict and does Headcount Records. Here is a link to it on bandcamp: http://gravemistakerecords.bandcamp.com/album/welcome-the-slaughter and it should be up on the Grave Mistake Webstore for purchase really soon.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I just can't get into the new MLIW. :smith:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I still can't even get into old MLIW.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I still can't even get into old MLIW.

i love their first 2 records but holy poo poo is the new one boring.

thanks for the death engine tip cf, i've been listening to it constantly.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
The most accurate feeling I've seen about it is 'this is a great new Rise Against cd'.

It's probably okay if you're into stuff like Comeback Kid but I keep expecting old MLIW. Also the instrumentation clashes pretty hard with the vocals.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

The most accurate feeling I've seen about it is 'this is a great new Rise Against cd'.

There was just something about it that I couldn't put my finger on, but this perfectly explains it.

Seeing them play a bunch of times right after Witness came out was awesome and a lot of fun, but I'm glad I'm not going out of my way to see any of their upcoming shows. I was tempted to, but I feel like this band really was of their time and their break up made a lot of sense.

carnassials
Jan 5, 2013

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Cmon, don't be ridiculous.

It still has that desperate feeling and edge to it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

This is gonna piss off some people, but let's be honest: DEADRAMONES sounds like it could be a Rise Against song.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

This is gonna piss off some people, but let's be honest: DEADRAMONES sounds like it could be a Rise Against song.

I saw them open for Converge and I stage dived basically the entire MLIW set. Nostalgia will not allow me to wrap my head around this.

It's kind of a silly song and the band definitely came off as way too serious about themselves. But as an 18 year old kid, that poo poo was dope.

carnassials
Jan 5, 2013
Next person who says poo poo about Witness is getting hosed up. I still relate to every word on that album.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

carnassials posted:

Next person who says poo poo about Witness is getting hosed up. I still relate to every word on that album.

Is this because you're a comic book thalidomide baby???

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

carnassials posted:

What the gently caress are you going to do, kid?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

carnassials posted:

Cmon, don't be ridiculous.

It still has that desperate feeling and edge to it.

The only comparison you can make between Fever Hunting and something like My Love My Way is vocal delivery (and the use of octaves or something but that hardly loving counts). I'm basically alone in my friends in that I loved My Love My Way but the most 'desperate' feeling song on the new EP is either 'Currency' or 'Cracked Sidewalk Surfer' and you're lying to yourself if either one of those seems as visceral as First and Ellen. The instruments also sound a lot cleaner which clashes pretty hard with the vocals.

If someone new to the band was to listen to the CD they'd probably find it totally fine, it's not a bad CD. I just think it's a bad Modern Life is War CD.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Is this because you're a comic book thalidomide baby???

:iceburn:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So, Frameworks is pretty fuckin tight. I dunno if they've been mentioned yet, but give them a listen if you haven't heard 'em yet.

http://youtu.be/nW-TuSE_L4k

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This comp. is awesome and for a good cause.

http://earthfirstnews.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/no-compromise-a-compilation-in-defense-of-the-wild/

alg fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 8, 2013

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can I get some recommendations along the lines of joie de vivre and penfold and football etc, etc please. It's a lonely rear end summer.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Can I get some recommendations along the lines of joie de vivre and penfold and football etc, etc please. It's a lonely rear end summer.
I have no idea who those bands are but you should listen to this and have some fun

http://themusic.com.au/listen/all/2013/08/05/the-smith-street-band-dont-gently caress-with-our-dreams/

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Sport are good: http://sport.bandcamp.com/

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Is this the thread for talking about how cool the new pearl jam single is? Because it's good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I'm assuming you already listen to Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate).

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid
Ok, here's the Ken Burns tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xImPJEoW3Jo

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Saw Guttermouth play last night, was probably the most disappointing act I've ever seen. Vocals were almost nonexistent in the mix and drunk girls kept invading the stage and commandeering the mic (which, thankfully, we could barely hear anyway), while the singer spent half the time on the floor and the other half asking the audience where they could score some coke. Still had a good night but it's a bit of a letdown to see such a poor show from a band that have been doing this for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Guttermouth were loving poo poo the last two times I had to endure them before a real band plays.