Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Blackchamber posted:

I went to two Toysrus' today and finally found Soundwave. There was about 4 of em and I originally picked up two (one to open, one to display) but the manager came to the registers and was telling the cashiers to enforce the one per customer limit so I only got one. About a minute later he had an employee pull the rest off (including Acid Storm) the shelves and stacked them behind the returns counter so they could control them. So my advice for anyone still looking for em in stores is to check the returns counter too.

Yeah, mine weren't displayed, I asked a clerk and she had the manager go back to the back and get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Nova Prime(s), has anyone else ever seen Master Collector's extremely limited edition figure?

I don't think they ever got around to their second run so only ten were made.

Can't find any pictures of it painted but it could've been yours for......

$500 + $40 for shipping

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I think that's the best looking one. Why were so few made?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Goldskull posted:

This is a good point. It can't be that hard. G1 looked like poo poo and the Classics one wasn't much better.

Right, guys? Seriously, HasTak... WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CHUG BRISTLEBACK, FUCKERS!? IT'S A GRUMPY PRICKLY TURTLE, FOR FUCKS SAKE, HOW DO YOU SCREW THAT UP!?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Is there a resource where I can see all the 3rd party "transformers" that have been made? Predaking and Devastator sound awesome.
Here's a pretty good list, though it's not current. Both Devastators are good for their own reasons, none of the three Predakings have had all their members released yet, and range from looking horrible to awesome.

Devastators, both now available as box sets:
http://www.maketoys.jp/MT-03G.html

http://www.tfctoys.net/index.asp?org_id=14&user_id=1

Predakings in various stages of completion:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635101-mmc-feral-rex-mega-thread.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/724869-war-lord-beasticons.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/923459-tfc-toys-project-ares-predaking-mega-thread.html

And I just learned there's now a fourth Predaking that's just been announced: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/948565-justitoys-not-predacons.html

By the way, the Hercules box set is on sale on TFSource for $500, marked down from around $600. That's a good price for it.

http://tfsource.com/tfc-toys/hercules-full-set/

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

catch22 posted:

I think that's the best looking one. Why were so few made?

There hasn't been any activity from them since 2010 it seems but I think it was due to budgeting constraints and the team consisted of just two people(I think).

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Saw Platinum Ultra Magnus at TRU but had to pass. Just wasn't digging that mold, although it's got the best coloring of any of the Prime Magnuses.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So yeah here's my lovely table at charticon, buy my crap guys please take it away

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

And so the Blitzwing problems continue. He's lost a ton of paint from the top/front of his helmet, and I've had him in Jet mode twice. I may even buy the Dr Wu replacement set if it's cheap enough, but I shouldn't be doing this on a loving £33 figure. His shoulders I can live with, they don't seem that important in hindsight.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Goldskull posted:

And so the Blitzwing problems continue. He's lost a ton of paint from the top/front of his helmet, and I've had him in Jet mode twice. I may even buy the Dr Wu replacement set if it's cheap enough, but I shouldn't be doing this on a loving £33 figure. His shoulders I can live with, they don't seem that important in hindsight.

Me too. I'm taking the plunge of the Takara version, and I'll report back if it's just as problematic. I'm hoping, at the very least, the paints and plastic colors will match better.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
My Blitzwing head came pre-chipped, I'm leaving it in the box on the off chance I find another one in the wild to exchange it, but voyagers are extra hard to find in my area for some reason. How much are the Dr. Wu heads supposed to run?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Bumblebee has some cheap looking plastic, and the yellow paint doesn't match the yellow plastic at all.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I didn't see this posted yet, but even if it was, it deserves repeating.

Swerve tells a story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

I didn't see this posted yet, but even if it was, it deserves repeating.

Swerve tells a story.

And now Swerve has a voice in my head.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

In that case, have an hour (edited for TV) of him.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has anybody had any luck finding MP Soundwave at a Toys R Us location that lists it as "out of stock" on the website? I ended up selling the two to goons at cost and I want to use this 15% off coupon before it expires.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Has anybody had any luck finding MP Soundwave at a Toys R Us location that lists it as "out of stock" on the website? I ended up selling the two to goons at cost and I want to use this 15% off coupon before it expires.

Yes, mine was listed as out of stock but they had at least 2 in stock.

Also, metroplex for 125 looks like a pretty good deal after paying 120 for soundwave. Not to badmouth soundwave, but, doesn't he feel kind of flimsy compared to MP prime?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Basically the voice I already had in my head but at 80% speed.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bushifox posted:

Yes, mine was listed as out of stock but they had at least 2 in stock.
Same here, 4 in store none on the site.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

BXCX posted:

My Blitzwing head came pre-chipped, I'm leaving it in the box on the off chance I find another one in the wild to exchange it, but voyagers are extra hard to find in my area for some reason. How much are the Dr. Wu heads supposed to run?

No idea, they're at the prototype stage at the minute
http://tformers.com/transformers-dr-wu-dw-p17-bitz/20763/news.html
Anymore than £10 and I'm out, but I'm kidding myself on that. I got Sandstorm coming next week anyways, still utterly disappointed with Blitzwing, given he was a birthday present off my lass. Should've gone with Springer.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

On the topic of Blitzwing, the one hamster brought me magically had a clickable head, but the mechanism appears to have given out - It held up for a couple weeks so I imagine it wasn't just a fluke - has anyone disassembled him and figured out to restore its functionality? Robot to vehicle transformers are both hampered by the loose head getting in the way, and I still have yet to do the shoulder fix anyway

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I still haven't snagged a blitzwing but he kinda sounds like a shitpiece with all these problems. Think I'll pass and see if Doubledealer fixes any of these issues.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

LightsGameraAction posted:

I still haven't snagged a blitzwing but he kinda sounds like a shitpiece with all these problems. Think I'll pass and see if Doubledealer fixes any of these issues.
Blitzwing is a piece of poo poo for all the reasons listed on this page. If you just want to display him without ever transforming or playing with him then go for it. Otherwise he is a terrible transformer toy considering what they've been able to put out this year. Springer is a thousand times better. Sandstorm a thousand and two.

E:
It would especially suck to get the fancy Japanese blitzwing and have that nice gold paint rub off on the first transformation.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 11, 2013

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^^Yeah, get Doubledealer/Springer or Sandstorm, Blitzwing just isn't worth the hassle or disappointment.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's sad that he requires some tinkering, but after the fixes I really do like Blitzwing. I might have gotten lucky in that mine at least doesn't have problems with the head.

It's like you can see what the designer was going for, but the materials they used just don't do the job well.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I must be one of the few that doesn't care about the head thing. I never liked the whole face changing gimmick on the animated one and I pretty much just picked the one I liked best and left it there. The shoulders are annoying but easy to fix.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

I must be one of the few that doesn't care about the head thing. I never liked the whole face changing gimmick on the animated one and I pretty much just picked the one I liked best and left it there. The shoulders are annoying but easy to fix.
The face changing thing has its own problems. I was referring to the fact that the rubber nosecone rubs on the top of the outside of his head so much that the paint may come off.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I got Metroplex today, this means I now have 5 toys that are around 2 feet tall.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I have just as many issues with Springer as I do with Blitzwing. I have no idea why Springer gets a free pass from people, probably because he was a more anticipated character.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I have just as many issues with Springer as I do with Blitzwing. I have no idea why Springer gets a free pass from people, probably because he was a more anticipated character.

His alt modes are relatively solid, it takes some practice to get them right, but they're not some impossible amount of panels to fix.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I wonder if Doubledealer will fix any of the mold's problems

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I still prefer Blitzwing to Springer/Sandstorm, but that's mostly just because I'm prejudice against the Season 3 guys. The Blitzwing mold has problems, but I still think it's great. You don't really even need to do the shoulder fix if you're just going to display it, even the loose shoulders can still hold any pose, it's only an issue when you're actually moving the arm. The fat painted head bugs me the most, because I know it's only a matter of time before it chips, or warps the PVC nosecone from pressing on it. I may actually buy the third party head if it fits better.

GD_American posted:

If nothing else he presumably won't have the face-change gimmick, which should allow him to have a smaller head, though it doesn't really look like it from the pictures.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

I still prefer Blitzwing to Springer/Sandstorm, but that's mostly just because I'm prejudice against the Season 3 guys. The Blitzwing mold has problems, but I still think it's great. You don't really even need to do the shoulder fix if you're just going to display it, even the loose shoulders can still hold any pose, it's only an issue when you're actually moving the arm. The fat painted head bugs me the most, because I know it's only a matter of time before it chips, or warps the PVC nosecone from pressing on it. I may actually buy the third party head if it fits better.

None of that is going to fix the giant gaping chasm in jet mode. Blitzwing was so close to something great, but they fumbled in every way imaginable on that mold.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GD_American posted:

From the pictures it looks like some of the stuff like the tank turret is remolded as well as his head. The Nosecone might possibly be shorter as well.

I'm just mad that the new Double Dealer isn't going to turn into a bird. But his Robot mode is decent enough and they actually have him colored the proper green and blue. So I'm planning on getting him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WendigoJohnson posted:

I got Metroplex today, this means I now have 5 toys that are around 2 feet tall.

What are the other four?

Ahh my spleen!
Feb 13, 2008
Soundwave is back up on tru.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I did the shoulder fix for Blitzwing and he's cool as hell and turns into a Mospeada jet. Honestly though the mold has a lot of problems that it really shouldn't have had with the tiniest amount of QC. The rubber nosecone is ridiculous, if just the grey bit at the end was rubber but the other bit was hard plastic it would probably solve all of the silly head/nosecone nonsense. Also his head is way too big in a major case of the gimmick taking away from the final product. I still love the guy though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

EthanSteele posted:

I did the shoulder fix for Blitzwing and he's cool as hell and turns into a Mospeada jet.

A lovely Mospeada jet that has a giant hole in it. I think I would be less irritated with Blitzwing if he didn't turn into something that should have been vastly more awesome than it is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

What are the other four?

Brave Maximus, Pyramidas, Granamyr, and Voltron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

A lovely Mospeada jet that has a giant hole in it. I think I would be less irritated with Blitzwing if he didn't turn into something that should have been vastly more awesome than it is.

Plug his sword into the top of jet mode, pointing backwards, to cover the hole almost completely.