Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It sure is annoying when a car pulls in front of you when you're doing 140, it is kind of cool when you fly right over him since you're going so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I got some pretty good air pulling into a gas station at 100km/h or so today. I didn't take any damage either.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

TacticalGranny posted:

You actually have to enable them in the light configurator. Use the 'Cabin Adjustment' link in the main menu, or hit F1 to pause while driving and choose the light adjustment.

From what I can see, the game can't use both the top and bottom aux lights at the same time. They work separately just fine, but if I enable both at the same time the bottom ones won't work. They still show as "on" if you look at the front of the truck, but the light displayed on the dark road looks the same with just the top aux lights enabled as it does with both top and bottom on at the same time.

If I enable the bottom lights first, the light on the road visibly grows brighter, but then dims as soon as I turn on the top ones. If I enable the top lights first, turning the bottom ones on and off yields no visible change.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, it does weird things. The real use I get out of them is roof-mounted wide-angle high beams that turn it into daylight.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
According to the latest blog post, the DLC will be out in September time. According to the guy that wrote the post, a polish blogger, the map really shows off more of Poland, including the fact that the motorways will suddenly stop and give way to country roads. He said its not perfect but there were less bugs than he was expecting and that people should like it.

Be that as it may, I'll still be rocking the TSM map, even if it isn't as great as the developer's efforts. Unless SCS add North Africa I and buyin'. :colbert:

Ok, maybe I will, but only to support them!

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
Gps why have you lead me to the airport I am a container truck I can't catch a plane, I should be catching the ferry to Rome.

Oh its a train station as well. Wait what?

I did not know there was another 'chunnel' built except this time it crosses the Mediterranean sea.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I think I am just going to play Truck Sim all day

and stream it

while blastic classical music :getin:

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 13, 2013

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

So far I've managed to get two of my friends interested in this game. There's no escaping the truck. :getin:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kilonum posted:

and stream it

Urgh. Look at you, with your virtual mirrors.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Kilonum posted:

and stream it

is that a flat nose Kenworth you're driving?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Nice recovery from almost rolling it. :v:

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Low air pressure!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I might as well ask this unrelated question: why can't I watch poo poo on the iOS (iPhone 4S) Twitch App? Clicking your link automatically opens the app in its home, and I can't view it in Safari. Almost every stream I try behaves like this.

e: searching for most streams in the app never finds them, too.

e2: VVVVVVV yep, no dice.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 13, 2013

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

have you tried another browser on the iPhone such as Chrome?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

And stream ended because goddamn computer overheated.

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
So what is the best truck ? I'm getting to a point where I'll be able to replace my Renaults (that will teach me for buying French).

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Some French Guy posted:

So what is the best truck ? I'm getting to a point where I'll be able to replace my Renaults (that will teach me for buying French).

Volvo for POWAAA!

MAN for manliness.

Scania eventually gets good, but need to get into the 20s.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

I wondered about the design of the light bars etc. in the game until I saw this: http://youtu.be/JH5mf771VHo?t=2m35s. So cool.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

I might as well ask this unrelated question: why can't I watch poo poo on the iOS (iPhone 4S) Twitch App? Clicking your link automatically opens the app in its home, and I can't view it in Safari. Almost every stream I try behaves like this.

This is why
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1205233-twitch-apps-serve-top-300-channels

The app does not serve up every channel, only top rated and partnered channels.

They added the "Chat only" versions of steams you follow for channels not in the top 300 (why) in the latest app update.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

TacticalGranny posted:

I wondered about the design of the light bars etc. in the game until I saw this: http://youtu.be/JH5mf771VHo?t=2m35s. So cool.

Not fair, they can have nice sideskirts on 6x4 chassis :qq:

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

This week's Truckin Tuesday winner is...

So much carnage, so little damage.

Keep on submitting screenshots to the Steam group discussion - a new contest begins today and will be decided next Tuesday! :honkhonk:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

TacticalGranny posted:

This week's Truckin Tuesday winner is...

So much carnage, so little damage.

Keep on submitting screenshots to the Steam group discussion - a new contest begins today and will be decided next Tuesday! :honkhonk:

:toot: That's what happens when you back up on a highway.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

VisAbsoluta posted:

The iOS twitch app only shows the top active streams (I think the top 700 now, it rises with patches. I think it was only 300 streams not long ago). I was able to watch a bit of kilonum's stream using the chrome browser on my ipad though.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Started up steam today and I got a bunch of ETS2 trading cards, with a whole bunch of other stuff. :v:

~*Wartrucking4lyfe*~

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's that thing that gets ejected out the side? The thing that's not the person?

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

SynthOrange posted:

What's that thing that gets ejected out the side? The thing that's not the person?

It'll be something from the tool/bits storage area. As to what exactly, no idea sorry.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Looks like one of the batteries.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I .. I can't stop watching this :gonk:

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

After seeing that GIF, they seriously need to add a feature like in Flatout, where the people fly out of the vehicles upon collisions and fly every which way.

I would pay handsomely for Carnage DLC.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Khablam posted:

I .. I can't stop watching this :gonk:
Did you notice how he bounced from drivers seat to passenger side window, then back our driver side window?

I downloaded this game after seeing this thread and loving it so far.
Is parking really just a complete nightmare on keyboard and mouse or am I doing something wrong?
It's a lot of fun cruising through red lights at 90 km/h.

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012

stuxracer posted:

Is parking really just a complete nightmare on keyboard and mouse or am I doing something wrong?

Just something you need to get used to. I prefer using the 'hang your head out of your window and look backwards'-view when parking.
Best tip I guess would be to take it slowly, and only make *small* adjustments otherwise you will be all over the place.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

TacticalGranny posted:

Looks like one of the batteries.

That is a side locker for storage, batteries are not mounted in the cab

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/08/what-kind-of-music-do-you-think-fits.html

SCS want to know what music you prefer to truck along to. You know that it is vital that 80s rock wins, right? Go and make your vote count now.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Hot Mix Radio made that poll really easy.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
I don't really bother with the radio, I just use the steam overlay to listen to OST's and such.

My favorite at the moment is San Andreas's K-Rose station. "Now Amos Moses was a Cajun, lived by his-self in the swamp."

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Deanut Pancer posted:

http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/08/what-kind-of-music-do-you-think-fits.html

SCS want to know what music you prefer to truck along to. You know that it is vital that 80s rock wins, right? Go and make your vote count now.

ACTUALLY, metal is the correct answer.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
The elevator music and speed limiter are 2 of the most major things holding this game down.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

pigdog posted:

The elevator music and speed limiter are 2 of the most major things holding this game down.

You mean the music you can mute and the speed limiter you can disable in the options?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Yeah, but they only made speed limiter optional (non-mod) in the last patch and such. What I mean is they were kinda selling themselves short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
Screw all the enemy cars.

• Locked thread