Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Um you forgot Rohan and Avdol.

Thank you, I knew there was a flaw in my system, and I had a sneaking suspicion it was my god awful memory. Well there goes that. I'm still holding out hope for Annasui, FF, and Weather Report, as well as Diego if possible. They're driving up the hype machine for the game, but every game's gotta have some hidden characters, right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

If Diego isn't in game they would be committing a god drat crime. If part one Dio gets it, velociraptor Dio needs into.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Fiend Computer posted:

If Diego isn't in game they would be committing a god drat crime. If part one Dio gets it, velociraptor Dio needs into.

But Dio is the big villain for the entire story atc, Deigo is kind of a minor enemy/sometimes ally depending on what he wants to get done.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Vagithug posted:

But Dio is the big villain for the entire story atc, Deigo is kind of a minor enemy/sometimes ally depending on what he wants to get done.

Diego is easily one of the more important characters in SBR just by being around and doing stuff all the way through the story instead of being important for a bit and then getting killed off. And then when he does get killed off, he gets brought back as the other universe Diego so he can carry on being part of the story. He's probably the most important character that's missing from the part 7 lineup when you ignore characters that wouldn't work in a fighting game, like Lucy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He was the final boss of the part.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Look, there's only so many Dios you can put into a video game. Sometimes two Dios is enough.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Look, there's only so many Dios you can put into a video game. Sometimes two Dios is enough.

Then get rid of Part 1 who's not even an entirely different character from Part 3 and put in Diego who is actually a good guy. I'm hoping Diego will make it in but the game is a little over 2 weeks from release and Diego ending up as DLC is going to be annoying when Part 1 Dio is the definition of a DLC character much like Bowie Kira.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Then get rid of Part 1 who's not even an entirely different character from Part 3 and put in Diego who is actually a good guy. I'm hoping Diego will make it in but the game is a little over 2 weeks from release and Diego ending up as DLC is going to be annoying when Part 1 Dio is the definition of a DLC character much like Bowie Kira.

Part 1 Dio has completely different abilities from Part 3 Dio. Besides, they needed a final boss for Jonathan in Story Mode.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 13, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

Part 1 Dio has completely different abilities from Part 3 Dio.

I meant in who he is, not abilities. I'd much rather have raptor cool guy Diego in over, nerdy puberty powers Dio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Why put Johnny in the game? We already have Johnathan.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Waffleman_ posted:

Why put Johnny in the game? We already have Johnathan.

I don't know...maybe because he is one of the main characters of his part, probably.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vagithug posted:

I don't know...maybe because he is one of the main characters of his part, probably.

So was Dino Dio.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

MonsterEnvy posted:

So was Dino Dio.

Dino Dio was a tertiary character at best and neither a protagonist nor the main antagonist (even if alt-Dio was the final enemy in Part 7, there's literally no way you can construe him as important a villain as Funny Valentine.)

...Granted, that exact character type is in the game in the form of Akira Otoishi, so it's more just they probably felt two Dios was enough. That's it.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Quick question: is there no jojolion till September? I seem to recall it was taking a break this month. I finally finished catching up and the one month wait on its own is torturous!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Dino Dio was a tertiary character at best and neither a protagonist nor the main antagonist (even if alt-Dio was the final enemy in Part 7, there's literally no way you can construe him as important a villain as Funny Valentine.)

...Granted, that exact character type is in the game in the form of Akira Otoishi, so it's more just they probably felt two Dios was enough. That's it.

While he is not as important as Funny he is way higher on the list then Akira. Along with being the final boss he was the 2nd most important villain and if I am correct only 4 characters showed up more then he did. (Johnny, Gyro, Lucy and Funny.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Diego was one of the more important characters of Part 7, I don't know how you could have read Part 7 and not think that. Along with being seen quite often and being Johnny & Gyro's rival he gets a lot of character development and motivations that put him near Valentine too. An alternate version of himself is even the final boss, like seriously.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Watch it be a Part 3 recolor representing him in the SBR part.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Diego is both a separate enough character from Dio and important enough to warrant being in ASB. Hell, if Akira can get in, there's no good reason why Diego shouldn't get in.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Diego would be a good fit for the game, compared to the rest of the SBR cast. Pretty much him or Wekapipo. Plus, maybe they'll give him a Dino Button instead of Horse/Stand button. That'd be awesome.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

RubberLuffy posted:

Diego would be a good fit for the game, compared to the rest of the SBR cast. Pretty much him or Wekapipo. Plus, maybe they'll give him a Dino Button instead of Horse/Stand button. That'd be awesome.

He's gotta have a horse button AND a dino button, otherwise how would he turn his horse into a dinosaur?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Diego is both a separate enough character from Dio and important enough to warrant being in ASB. Hell, if Akira can get in, there's no good reason why Diego shouldn't get in.

Equipped with a super that just changes his fun Dinosaur and horse mechanics into The World, again, for like the 5th time.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yea, Diego, Hot Pants, Lisa Lisa, Stroheim and FF all stand out as major oversights, especially when we have minor characters like Hol Horse and Otoshi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wouldn't say Hot Pants, Lisa Lisa, and Stroheim aren't as important as some other choices. They're all secondary characters who don't get as much focus as is completely necessary and essentially function as side characters who do cool stuff here and there. FF is definitely important enough though and I'd like to believe she's more interesting as a character than Akira, but Weather Report even more so.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Diego was one of the more important characters of Part 7, I don't know how you could have read Part 7 and not think that. Along with being seen quite often and being Johnny & Gyro's rival he gets a lot of character development and motivations that put him near Valentine too. An alternate version of himself is even the final boss, like seriously.

It would be fun to play as Diego but unfortunately someone said no for now. And we still don't know if there are unlockable characters. If they could it would be neat if you unlockable characters through story mode but I'm not sure how likely that is too happen oh well.

Also this:

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Equipped with a super that just changes his fun Dinosaur and horse mechanics into The World, again, for like the 5th time.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
They have to save some people for DLC, I would think.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

mikeycp posted:

They have to save some people for DLC, I would think.

Jorge Joestar. Do it do it do it.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

HitTheTargets posted:

Jorge Joestar. Do it do it do it.

He's just a regular dude though?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Instead of a Horse or Stand button, it's an Airstrike button.

EDIT: Just have Jorge in his plane at all times.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 14, 2013

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
Then you find out you were actually playing as Narancia the whole time.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Basically have Narancia with a DLC Jorge skin that sets the opponent on fire constantly because all Jorge ever did was go down in flames.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

But wasn't Jorge eaten by wall vampires?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, and Johnathan was trapped on a sinking boat and got beheaded. What of it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want beheaded Jonathan as a playable DLC character, make it happen, CC2.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, and Johnathan was trapped on a sinking boat and got beheaded. What of it?

I was mostly responding to Jorge going down in flames. Not that it matters too much either way.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Only if Dio gets an ability where if you beat him, he revives as a laser shooting flying head. Hell, Bruno already has an ability where if you beat him, he revives as Bruno, so why not?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I want beheaded Jonathan as a playable DLC character, make it happen, CC2.

Dio Brando is already in the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Aren't Part 6 and 7 the least popular parts?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

By whom? Most people in this thread would probably find part 1 and 5 to be the dullest with part 7 being the best.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

By whom? Most people in this thread would probably find part 1 and 5 to be the dullest with part 7 being the best.

From what I've, Part 5 tends to rise tends to rise in the Japanese fandom because pretty boys and Part 6 the opposite because not pretty boys. Part 7 I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Kurtofan posted:

I think it varies from reader to reader, because I really like those two parts maybe a bit more than the others :shrug:

• Locked thread