Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Antivehicular posted:

DR1 had a rule about the number of victims a killer could kill in a single incident (2, I believe?) without punishment, so presumably anyone who tried it would have just gotten Gungnir'd before a school trial could even be called. I don't think DR2 has laid down a similar rule yet, but I presume the consequences would be similar. Killing too many people at once harshes Monobear's fun, and Monobear cracks down hard on fun-harshers.

Yeah, DR1 had a 2 murders max rule that wasn't part of the original rules (Monobear included it later). I assume if anything similar were going to happen here, Monobear would make the same rule again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I feel like if someone did just go out to murder everyone Monobear could just come up with a more despair inducing thing for fun for our sole survivor though. Such as "this was all fake, but YOU killed all your friends for real, so... good job on that one" kind of thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Even Monobear doesn't make up rules and punish you with them after the fact. Unless he forbids mass murder before it happens, any new rule is meaningless since it'd only apply the survivors.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
While that is true... look at it this way:

If, for example, Ibuki randomly started chainsaw murdering everyone or Nekomaru went all Akuma on everybody within reach--any mass murder attempt that would spontaneously start up a massive body count-- would probably be put down as fast as possible. By Monobear himself

Monobear only gets a pile of dead students if someone has a rampage, or hell, if a giant tsunami rolls in and kills a lot of people. A natural disaster or a bout of insanity caused the death. Deaths not by his rules, nor by any incentive or pressure he put upon them.

Ergo, MB has no victory, no sense of Despair superiority over the kids, and anyone who may be watching all of this, assuming MB was telling the truth last time that the events are being broadcast and it applies here as well. Yes, he starts enforcing rules after he makes them up, but if it's something that would explicitly deny him satisfaction, he'd probably put a stop to it.

LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013
Assuming that Monobear's rule maintainence style this time round will be the same as last time, he'll create a rule when a situation crops up that he hadn't previously considered (like the student cards lending rule, limit to 2 murders per case), which will of course be mentioned by the students before anyone tries to take advantage of it, that way there isn't the issue of the 'fairness' of retroactive enforcement.

Basically the purpose of the rules is to keep the 'game' running for as long as he can, as in the case of the 2 murders per case rule in DR1, or to create a deliberate loophole situation, like the changings rooms situation in the first game. If nobody tries it, and they may not this time round because hiding multiple kills when it's only a matter of time before others realize that people are missing won't work too well (particularly if an investigation has already started), the rule just probably won't be created.
When Monobear says the whole point of the 'game' is to entertain himself (with interesting trials), he really means that is the whole point behind the rules. As soon as the survivors stop wanting to kill each other, he'll try to twist the rules to keep the deaths happening (like executing a non-murderer in DR1, Case 5).

Actually, the 'no changing in the beach-house' rule is another similarity between this case and the 2nd case of DR1. Man, the authors are really piling it on here, aren't they?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Win a forums upgrade, thanks to Super Dangan Ronpa 2!

Details here.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 18, 2014

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Skunkrocker posted:

It's just too bad he did that stupid facecam thing, otherwise we could get a retsupurae out of this idiot.

Chip and Ironicus have done retsupuraes of people with facecams, so it can be done, just not on the retsupurae channel.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Just a reminder, put your youtube videos in Balduresh before posting them

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Skunkrocker posted:

It's just too bad he did that stupid facecam thing, otherwise we could get a retsupurae out of this idiot.

:v: They could just cover the facecam. Problem solved.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why can't they Retsu facecams again? Actually, haven't they done it before?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Ometeotl posted:

"YouTube gets angry" or something. It's taken down two of their accounts before.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Basically, showing someone's face and mocking them at the same time falls under harassment/bullying. Not having their face there is completely okay since it separates the person from their work or some technical legal crap.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 14, 2013

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

V!ntar posted:

Just a reminder, put your youtube videos in Balduresh before posting them

Is there a reason behind that? Is it just to stop them from getting ad revenue?

Anyway, I feel like a lot of the characters this time around are getting kinda forgotten, like Nidai, besides "fights with Akane" he barely ever shows up. Like, if he was killed or killed someone right now, I really wouldn't have any kind of attachment (which sucks because in the beginning I thought he was pretty likeable.) I think it pairs with the whole "all the characters are too quirky" thing people keep saying and so I kinda feel like maybe there might be some kinda huge break from formula that just leaves a lot of characters behind. I guess I'm also thinking this because of that interview with Orenronen on Retsutalk making me suspicious on a meta level. I just can't see how some of these characters could really be any kind of important. Although I guess DR1 has characters like Hagakure who literally did nothing important the entire time.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

QueerPope posted:

Is there a reason behind that? Is it just to stop them from getting ad revenue?

It's to stop Youtube's Recommended Videos from spoiling the entire game for you with the titles and thumbnails.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Dr Snofeld posted:

It's to stop Youtube's Recommended Videos from spoiling the entire game for you with the titles and thumbnails.

If by Baldurdash he meant Polsy, it won't stop it. Embedded views are still logged in your history. If he actually meant Baldurdash, I didn't know it had a YouTube downloading feature?

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

Suspicious Dish posted:

If by Baldurdash he meant Polsy, it won't stop it. Embedded views are still logged in your history. If he actually meant Baldurdash, I didn't know it had a YouTube downloading feature?

I meant Polsy. I are dumb :saddowns:

NyaoMyao
Mar 29, 2010

Super High School Level BFFs

Suspicious Dish posted:

When you put a video through polsy, it doesn't show the related videos at the side of the video while it's playing, or recommend them to you when the video ends, which is where you're most likely to find spoilers to whatever you're watching.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NyaoMyao posted:

When you put a video through polsy, it doesn't show the related videos at the side of the video while it's playing, or recommend them to you when the video ends, which is where you're most likely to find spoilers to whatever you're watching.

Yeah but DR related videos may show up in your recommended videos thingy on youtube.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You can delete your YouTube browsing history and it'll remove any recommended videos. I did that after watching a couple of videos about DR1&2 Reload and it worked out fine for me.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Policenaut posted:

You can delete your YouTube browsing history and it'll remove any recommended videos. I did that after watching a couple of videos about DR1&2 Reload and it worked out fine for me.

You can also go to https://www.youtube.com/feed/history and pick out the DR videos (that is, if you want to keep your other recommended videos in tact, and just get rid of DR spoiler videos)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ramos posted:

Basically, showing someone's face and mocking them at the same time falls under harassment/bullying. Not having their face there is completely okay since it separates the person from their work or some technical legal crap.

Which is tragic because the videos of the guy performing his street fighter moves and the guy eating the hamburgers were two of the funniest videos I've ever seen, and slowbeef should seriously upload them somewhere else.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Requested_Username posted:

Which is tragic because the videos of the guy performing his street fighter moves and the guy eating the hamburgers were two of the funniest videos I've ever seen, and slowbeef should seriously upload them somewhere else.

I do believe they're all on the retsupurae viddler account.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

I do believe they're all on the retsupurae viddler account.

Huh, I thought Viddler was dead for some reason

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Unfortunately their Viddler videos are all broke as heck and the download pages for them are dead links. Which is a shame since slowbeef's reaction to the pizza roll guy is still amazing.

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.

Antivehicular posted:

Killing too many people at once harshes Monobear's fun, and Monobear cracks down hard on fun-harshers.

Nothing more true has been said about this entire series so far.
Any time someone posits an idea involving things ending too soon via rampage, tsunami, disease, what have you, you can refer to this.
Monobear will have his fun if it means playing nurse for three months to keep them alive or losing a monobeast or having to stop a tidal wave his own drat self.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Oliver Crowley posted:

Monobear will have his fun if it means playing nurse for three months to keep them alive or losing a monobeast or having to stop a tidal wave his own drat self.

The idea of Monobear nursing the whole cast to health for three goddamn months so he can get his mutual killing boner on is pretty appealing, I must admit.

LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013

Oliver Crowley posted:

No, Monobear will make Monomi play nurse for three months to keep them alive, remember? Monobear will do what it takes to have his fun, but he's gonna make Monomi do as much of the work as he can squeeze out of her. That and he seems to really enjoy toying with her, more so than toying with the students actually.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

miscellaneous14 posted:

Unfortunately their Viddler videos are all broke as heck and the download pages for them are dead links. Which is a shame since slowbeef's reaction to the pizza roll guy is still amazing.

I come unto thee with a fat guy eating unhealthy amounts of pizza rolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHn43-cRTtc

(No, I don't know who uploaded this or why it's titled "Retsupurae Memories" but hey, here it is)

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic, but really, no-one should be denied the opportunity to watch this video.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 14, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

From this point in the game, some of the trial mini-games actually become challenging. My suggestion for any budding detectives is to pause the video or stop scrolling once the first round of discussion complete and try to figure out yourselves which evidence bullet goes with which weak point before moving on to see the correct answer.

Before moving on, the game has something to tell us:

Tutorial posted:

So... what could this mysterious murder weapon be? I hope you have a good theory, because honestly, I’ve got no idea!
...You're not buying that, are you.
Anyway, I still have some things to tell you about background noise in Nonstop Discussion.
You see, your regular background noise can be destroyed with one shot, but every now and then you’ll see a more... durable variety.
Every time you shoot your silencer at durable background noise, it will crack, but...
...Your time limit will not be recovered until you destroy it completely.
If you're playing on the "kind" difficulty level, there is no background noise at... Ah, I’m sure you can imagine the rest.
By the way... It seems our discussions are becoming more difficult. I've heard a rumor that might interest you though...
Perhaps you've heard it yourself? There's some punk on this island called Taro... no, Tara... no... Well, honestly, I forget his name.
Anyway, apparently he knows a skill that can increase the power of your silencer...
It’s... Taka... no... Well, it’s Ta-something. I hope you know who I mean, because honestly, I’ve got no idea!
...You're not buying that either, are you.
Anyway... the rest is up to you. Good luck.

Phase 2 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 2 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

DISCUSSION START

Evidence Bullets: Broken Flower Vase Photo / Schoolgirl Crime Scene Photo / Broken Aquarium / The Culprit's Escape Route / Stolen Swimsuit

A weapon that was in the music room, huh...

How about some shards of the broken glass?
(Straightforward as always...)

Didn't she die from a blow to the head?

So, she had the aquarium smashed on her!
(That thing must hit hard!)

That's far too large to be a weapon...

Then, perhaps, a piano...

That's even larger...

It played her a tune of a galactic catastrophe...

That's a whole different kind of "large"!!

What about a smash to the head with some gravel?
(Even if she was hit with gravel...)
(...isn't it far too small to do any damage?)

A weapon that can kill with a strike...

...Should've been drenched with blood.

Was there any such weapon in the game?

The culprit must've hit her with their fist!
(It wasn't Owari or Nidai, you know...)
(What an idiot...)

A weapon we wouldn't expect... Something that appeared in the game...

As expected, once posed with the question, some on the thread got it right.

What about a smash to the head with some gravel?
Evidence Bullet Stolen Swimsuit

I CONCUR!

Trial 3 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 3 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

That's it... The culprit used gravel to kill the girl, didn't she?

Oh my... Ibuki wasn't even being serious, but got it right anyway!

Ha haaaa! Ibuki's truly been chosen by god, hasn't she?!

No, you haven't and no, it's not the gravel! It's too small! It can't be a weapon!

What if the gravel was inside some kind of bag?

A bag...? What bag?

Since the weapon was properly introduced in the game... so was the bag.
The only thing that fits is the school swimsuit!

When tied up into a bag with the gravel inside, it's a perfect weapon.

Gravel in a swimsuit?! A bizarre idea that would astonish Mr. Wright himself!

But, by using it, the culprit killed two birds with one stone.
In order to make it look like the culprit was a pervert, she had her swimsuit "stolen"...
That is, she destroyed it after using it as a murder weapon.

How about it, Monobear? Satisfied?

Ah, the joy of seeing someone solve your mystery... A wonderful feeling known only to writers!

But, we haven't reached the real important issue yet.
E-ko-san had an accomplice. And that accomplice... was D-ko-san.

D-ko... That was Koizumi, wasn't it?

Huh? Big sis was an accomplice...? What's going on? What do you mean?

D-ko destroyed the one important piece of evidence for the music room incident... the remains of the flower vase.

D-Ko
It’s okay. I cleaned it all up...

Besides... the reason E-ko-san killed the girl in the first place seems to have been to protect D-ko-san.
It appears D-ko-san was receiving all kinds of abuse from the murdered girl...
E-ko-san found out about that and tried to stop the girl, but they got into an argument...

I can see where this is going... She ended up killing her, didn't she?

But, she clearly had murderous intentions. She strangled the girl and then hit her hard on the head when she lost consciousness, after all.

S...She must have caused her to lose consciousness without meaning to, and felt there was no going back...

S...Somehow, I...I think I can understand her.

You do?! That's kinda scary!

Then, of course, E-ko was also killed on the game's last day, the 4th day.

Just to make sure we're on the same page... who do you think killed E-ko?

The culprit who killed E-ko... Right now, there's only one person I can think of.

A-ko / F-suke / Monobear / D-ko

That's it!

It was probably... F-suke.

F-suke
What did that girl... do to my sister?!

F-suke
I’LL NEVER FORGIVE HER!!

A well worn tale... Consumed by the burning desire to avenge his sister, F-suke killed E-ko!

B...But... Haven't we said F-suke was...

...Aa? I told you, it's just a game.

You would say that. If this game is true, it would be a big problem for you, Kuzuryuu-kun.

Oy! Can someone explain it clearly? Does no one who was in the game remember anything?

I...I offer my sincere apologies, but...

You don't remember! Of course you don't! Your precious school memories were stolen from you, after all!

It doesn't matter if we remember of not! He's clearly the culprit!

Who else but criminal scum like Kuzuryuu could kill big-sis Koizumi, who was so nice and kind?!

He killed both E-ko and big-sis Koizumi!

Feh... Of course I get blamed for everything. Well, it’s not like I'm not used to it.

But, is Koizumi's murder really connected to the game? Isn't it possible it has nothing to do with it?

No, it's likely the game and Koizumi's murder are connected...

There is one thing connecting E-ko's and Koizumi's murders, after all...

Metal Bat

That's it!

I can’t imagine they aren't connected. At the very least, the culprit must have played the game.

There's proof. Koizumi, who was killed at the beach house...

...and E-ko, who was killed in the game, were both killed with a blow to the head by a metal bat.
We can't ignore this similarity, can we?

He's obsessed with taking his revenge by killing his victims the same way - a smash to the head.

How about you confess already? You killed big-sis Koizumi, didn't you?

D...Don't gently caress with me...! There's no way a stupid game would become anyone's motive!

You're so stupid you believed that game, and then went away to take your revenge!

If we jump to conclusions like this, we’re just going to talk in circles...

Besides... Kuzuryuu may indeed be suspicious, but don't you think it’s all a little too obvious?

W...What is..?

It's possible that this is a trap set by the real culprit.

A...A trap...? What trap...?

The real culprit must have played the game, and discovered the truths hidden within.
Then, they used that knowledge to set up Kuzuryuu to take the fall.

Are you saying a completely separate culprit killed Koizumi-san and used the game-provided motive as a cover?

Isn't that right, Saionji?

...What?!

I think I made myself very clear! I am claiming that you are the real culprit!

Oh? Is that your idea of a joke...?

A creepy ugly poop-head like you should keep her mouth shut!

Phase 3 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 3 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

DISCUSSION START!

Evidence Bullets: Shower Room, Barred Window, Footprints on the Beach, Metal Bat, Trash Can

What the heck are you saying, you stupid four-eyes!

Me, killing big sis Koizumi...?

Waaaaaaaah! How cruel!
(Now she's crying...)
(It's obvious she's just faking it...)

How come Hiyoko-chan’s a suspect now?

Do you know what Saionji did today?
(How would we know...?)

She went to the murder scene, the beach house!
(Oh...? In that case, that settles it...)

I didn't go to the beach house...!
(She says she didn't!)
(You shouldn't fall for that!)

I've been squishing anties all day today!
(Those poor ants!)

Wait... Doesn't what she's saying contradict the information I have?

Sure does.

I didn't go to the beach house...!
Evidence Bullet: Footprints on the Beach

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Trial 4 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 4 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

Wait just a second. You did go to that beach house, Saionji.

I...I just said that I didn't, didn't I?!

But... the footprints left in front of the beach house are yours, aren't they?

M...My footprints aren't that ugly! You should ask Tsumiki about them, not me!

Please don't say they're mine just because they're ugly!

Oh? So these footprints aren't yours, Saionji? That's strange...

The footprints I found in your room match them perfectly, after all.

I...In my room...? What the heck have you been doing, you creepy pedo?!

There’s more. The footprints next to the beach house are leading out of it.

That is, when the person who left them entered the beach house, they used a different entrance.

A different entrance...? Are you talking about the tunnel-side door? The one that Koizumi-san was blocking?

In that case, when that person entered, the body wasn't there yet?!

A door they could use when entering, but not when exiting...

Which means, something happened while they were inside. Isn't that so, Saionji?!

Oh, now I remember! I did go to the beach house, now that I think about it!

At last, a confession...

You all probably already know this, but I go on morning walks every day!

That's the first Ibuki’s heard of this!!

That's when I went to the beach house today! During my morning walk!

I see! In that case, it has nothing to do with the murder.

Don't believe her so easily, you idiot! She's obviously lying!

Huh?! She is?!

People who call others liars are often the ones actually telling the lies, you know?

If you think I'm lying, how about proving it?! Can you prove I'm lying?! Can you?!

Kyahahahaha! Someone as incompetent as you will never be able to do it!

Phase 4 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Phase 4 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

DISCUSSION START!

Evidence Bullets: Barred Window, Letter Carried by Koizumi, Footprints on the Beach, Metal Bat, Shower Room

I did go to the beach house...

But it was just during my morning walk!
(A morning walk? That's what I call a healthy lifestyle!)
(I hate waking up early...)

That's the only time I was there today!

So, when you went to the beach house...

You didn't meet Koizumi-san, did you?
(That's what it seems like...)

Kyahaha! Of course I didn't!

I didn't even see her, so of course I didn't meet her...
(She didn't even see her, huh...)
(Did anyone see her?)

What is this place, the Village of Idiots?
(She just called you an idiot, Souda)
(She obviously meant you!)

Saionji says she never met Koizumi. Is that true?

Well, we have something that suggests she did see her...

But it was just during my morning walk!
Evidence Bullet: Letter Carried by Koizumi

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Trial 5 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 5 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

You've only been there during your morning walk? Can you still make that claim after I show you this letter?

"I wanted to tell you directly, but I couldn't find you so I'm putting this in your mailbox.
Regarding what we talked about earlier, how about we change the time and the location?
Let's make it 2:30 at the beach house on the second island.
I think there are people who want to interfere with our meeting.
So, let's keep this a secret, and try to avoid each other before we get there.
It would be bad if we're found out.

- Hiyoko Saionji"

T...This is... the letter I found on Koizumi-san, isn't it?

I see. Judging by the content of this letter, Saionji set an appointment with Koizumi at the beach house.

W...Where the heck did this letter come from...? I’ve never seen it, honestly!

Hey! I just remembered! You were there! I saw you!

Huh?!

When me and Hinata were waiting for the beach party, we arrived at the diner around 3 o'clock.
I saw you passing by about 30 minutes later. That makes it about 3:30.

Hmm. If we assume she had met Koizumi at 2:30, then killed her and ran away...
The fact that Souda saw her at 3:30 matches that theory well.

I...It doesn't... You're all wrong...!

Speaking of, you passed in front of the diner as well, Kuzuryuu. Did you happen to spot her as well?

No, I didn't...
I was just passing by the area by chance. I paid no attention to the beach house.

I went straight back to the hotel after meeting you there. I saw no one on the way back.

No one?! That's even more suspicious!

It's the truth. What can I say?

Let's leave him alone for now. I see no reason to pursue this any farther.

Anyway, the letter and Souda's testimony tell the entire story. Saionji met Koizumi at the beach house.

I said I’ve never seen it! I never wrote any letter!

I...I'm telling the truth... I really don't know anything...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

A...Are those real tears? Are they fake tears?

Of course they're fake.

She most likely planned on killing Koizumi all along, and set up a meeting at the beach house.

That's why the letter explicitly asks not to talk to anyone else about it.

Then, she arrived at the beach house early, hid somewhere, and waited for Koizumi to arrive.
There's proof of that, too!

Um... A place Saionji could have hidden... It must be there, right?

SPOT SELECT START!

Right where that cursor is pointing.

It's here!

The place Saionji hid... it was the closet, wasn't it.

Yes, it was. The proof is the piece of gummy that we found on the floor there.
Saionji... You like eating those things, don't you?

G...Gummies...? I...I've never eaten anything like that in my life...!

Heh heh heh... At long last, we have grasped the true form of this mystery!

After luring Koizumi to the beach house, Saionji concealed herself in the closet, much like a common familiar...
She assaulted Koizumi as soon as she got the chance, and was soon gone like the wind itself.

The fact that Koizumi's dead body was blocking the door at that point was a simple miscalculation on Saionji's part.
She had no choice but to escape through the beach-side door, and ended up leaving her footprints there.

Fuwahaha! That's proof enough! And without any help from the Four Dark Gods of Destruction to boot!

I...It's a trap! Someone set a trap for me!

Who's that "someone"?! If you're making an accusation, tell us who it is!

M...Maybe it's, um, that guy...? Y'know, the one with the mask...?

The one with the mask...?

There was a suspicious mask on the beach house's floor, wasn't there? The person who wore that mask is the real culprit...

It was probably you who had that mask on when you killed Koizumi.

There's no way I'd never wear such a childish mask! Is your brain melting or something?!

Yes. It was not Saionji-san! This mask belongs to Kirakira-chan!

...Eh? Who-chan?

This mask reveals all! Kirakira-chan is hiding on this island!
That is, the famous serial killer Kirakira-chan is the true culprit who killed Koizumi-san!

orenronen fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 14, 2013

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Gee Peko, you're being awfully talkative and "helpful" all of a sudden.

I went into this trial unsure of if the culprit would be her or Sonia, but now I'm convinced. Peko killed Koizumi.

More importantly though, Phoenix Wright reference. I even heard Ibuki even says Naruhodo-kun, so it was one in japanese too. :allears:

Speaking of Ibuki, Gundam may be my favorite character, but she's the one I want to make it to the final trial. She's so hyper and energetic, every reaction is a blast to listen to.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I'm really glad we're getting to the meat of the trial here. As interesting and plot-relevant as the Twilight Syndrome case is, unfortunately for me I zoned out going through much of that. Maybe it's just a little too meta for me in a game like this?

Also I hope Ibuki never ever changes. :allears: What a fantastic little nutter.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I love that Hanamura's portrait is crossed out with a fork and knife (Might have been mentioned but I don't remember.)

The Saionji set up seem too obvious to me. She is lying about being there yes, but something about it just feels too obvious.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
If Saionji's not the killer, she has at least something big to hide.
This trial is going to be good :allears:

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Things seem to be snowballing quite suddenly there. I'm not sure if the mask/kirakira thing is going to just be a red herring, but if there isn't anything more there things are wrapped up way too fast. And I'm still struggling to work out the motive for Saiyonji.

orenronen posted:

I...In my room...? What the heck have you been doing, you creepy pedo?!
Shouldn't that be
?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Now I don't understand Peko's angle, if she really is guilty. If she was, then she wouldn't care if Kuzuryuu was fingered. But she's explicitly pointing to Saionji, which means there's a chance she's actually innocent and leapt to the initial conclusion of an investigator. Yet she seems to know a lot - Hinata, Nagito and Nanami were the only ones who knew Saionji's footprints were definitely hers, after all.

I hadn't even considered Saionji's note was faked, but it seems likely when you combine it with the gummy to frame her. Yet at the same time, we saw her run from the beach house, so... I don't even know anymore. Unless someone invited her to go to the beach house at a time after they would have killed Koizumi, to make her the first person to discover the body and place suspicion on her to whoever saw her running from there.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 14, 2013

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
I slowly start appreciating Saionji's voice acting, especially when she goes all sarcastic.

I first thought that Peko genuinely wants to solve the case after disregarding Kuzuryuu as the obvious suspect, but then she goes into a full frontal assault on Saionji and suddenly loses my trust. I mean, she's about as suspicious as Kuzuryuu, why trust one and accuse the other? However, if she just wants to clear herself of suspicion, why not jump on the Kuzuryuu bandwagon? The only explanation I see is the accomplice theory, but we still don't have a clear motive for that, as well as some other pieces of the puzzle.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

FFKonoko posted:

Shouldn't that be
?

Sure should!

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I still am not sure who the culprit is, but some of this seems pretty obvious.

Saiyonji was supposed to meet Koizumi at the beach house and someone found out, made a fake note to tell Koizumi to go early, killed her, left a gummy we already have evidence that Saiyonji doesn't eat to frame her. That much I'm sure is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollove
May 31, 2013

CandyCrazy posted:

Gee Peko, you're being awfully talkative and "helpful" all of a sudden.

I went into this trial unsure of if the culprit would be her or Sonia, but now I'm convinced. Peko killed Koizumi.

Yeah you see there's something bothering me about that. If Peko did indeed kill Koizumi, why would she try and shift attention away off of Kuzuryuu? Like, wouldn't it make more sense to get kuzuryuu pinned down so that she'd go free? I think there's something here we're missing, her actions aren't making sense.

• Locked thread