Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

xzzy posted:

Please sell it and don't change a thing, lego. :pray:

Well, if they wanted to be nice they could paint the bricks for us and not use stickers, but we all know that's not happening.

Why not? The DeLorean had printed bricks.
I hope they make new hairpieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This makes me inordinately happy. loving official ECTO-1 would be baller as hell.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo. Ghostbusters made 10,000 on Cuusoo!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Dear Lego,

Please do the firehouse in modular scale. I will pay whatever you ask.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

The Rage posted:

Dear Lego,

Please do the firehouse in modular scale. I will pay whatever you ask.

Dear The Rage,

You already have a modular firehouse. Did you buy it?

Sincerely,
LEGO

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

einTier posted:

Dear The Rage,

You already have a modular firehouse. Did you buy it?

Sincerely,
LEGO

Next you're gonna tell me someone already made a conversion walk-through on how to turn THAT firehouse into the Ghostbusters firehouse.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I would absolutely love this, more than anything. However I feel that the original film may be too adult for the lego licence? Every character chain smokes for a start. They printed the bricks on the Delorean right?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Lofty132 posted:

I would absolutely love this, more than anything. However I feel that the original film may be too adult for the lego licence? Every character chain smokes for a start. They printed the bricks on the Delorean right?

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious poo poo."

Nah, should be fine. Seriously, Ghostbusters toys were the gold standard of whether or not you were cool when I was 8.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

TremorX posted:

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious poo poo."

Nah, should be fine. Seriously, Ghostbusters toys were the gold standard of whether or not you were cool when I was 8.

Don't forget the incest, attempted rape, etc. Should definitely be fine.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo. Ghostbusters made 10,000 on Cuusoo!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088

Something funky's going on...

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/8058

E: Oh, they're two different projects. I actually prefer the Ecto 1 of the project that's at 8000+ supporters, over the one with support achieved.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I built this little guy the other day. I make no apologies for my phone camerawork.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Ville Valo posted:

Something funky's going on...

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/8058

E: Oh, they're two different projects. I actually prefer the Ecto 1 of the project that's at 8000+ supporters, over the one with support achieved.

If for nothing else, because it has a Walter Peck minifig.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
The DeLorean came in :3: aaaah so excited!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TremorX posted:

I built this little guy the other day. I make no apologies for my phone camerawork.

Pretty cool!

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

Podothehobbit posted:

Bottom body panels installed!

Winch assembly and lights installed.

It lives!

I'm not sure if the cats appreciated it roaming the house but they didn't seem super terrified.

This would look sick if the colorscale was like a classic black with white stripes or something. All that red and yellow, looks like vomit. Is that really the official color scheme they went with?

It's also pretty difficult to figure out which end is front and back

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

yourafagpleasedie posted:

This would look sick if the colorscale was like a classic black with white stripes or something. All that red and yellow, looks like vomit. Is that really the official color scheme they went with?

Your posting prompted me to go through your post history. What's it like to look down on everything?

Has anyone seen Series 11 surface stateside yet? I'm eager to build up a family of yetis. :3:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

ireladd posted:

Your posting prompted me to go through your post history. What's it like to look down on everything?

Has anyone seen Series 11 surface stateside yet? I'm eager to build up a family of yetis. :3:

He has a point though. It's weird how a lot of sets just have random colors for pegs and underbody stuff.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Sloppy posted:

He has a point though. It's weird how a lot of sets just have random colors for pegs and underbody stuff.

The inside of last years R2D2 was a great example of that. The new technic formula 1 car has a single yellow piece, that is the switch for the functions to either open the engine compartment or tilt the wing. Same thing with the crawler, the pivot point for the body opening and closing is 2 yellow beams. The purpose is to highlight the different sections of the models even if it hurts aesthetics. The 9398 Crawler looked not too bad with its red chassis but 41999 the red chassis just doesn't work well with the blue and it would of been better if it was light gray or black.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I have a lower chassis with red replaced by black and the 8466 wheels as am alternative for my 9398, probably will use that with the 41999 as well.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Speaking of color swaps, has anyone in here gone so far as making the the VW Camper Van a new color? I'm seriously considering buying up all the red bricks in a Maersk Blue if possible, for something like this...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

TremorX posted:

That's awesome, I kind of want to hear you :spergin: about what each piece is and what the guns do and the sounds they make, because I think it's cute when I hear the kids do that at the store :allears:

Also I think it's adorable when AFOLs talk about their creations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Neurion posted:

don't get me started, hahaha

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Neurion posted:

That's awesome, I kind of want to hear you :spergin: about what each piece is and what the guns do and the sounds they make, because I think it's cute when I hear the kids do that at the store :allears:

Oh god, I want to just shrug it off as "I dunno, it just looks cool" but... well, here we go. There's definitely a lot of swooshing involved.

I was mostly just playing with this idea of 'warp nacelles' a la Star Trek combined with large thrusters in the center-rear pod. I sort of imagined it being more Battlestar-ish, but smaller. The whole back part was supposed to be detachable/replaceable, so you could put the warp/maneuver engines like I have here, or a large cargo/carrier type attachment, a longterm living-pod setup, etc... I just didn't build those. The clear wedge areas are observation & docking areas, and the vent pieces are the more heavily armored areas. The command area is in the center between the two cannons, which are used for mining and defense. They go "Vrrrrrrrr-BYENG-goom."

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ireladd posted:

Speaking of color swaps, has anyone in here gone so far as making the the VW Camper Van a new color? I'm seriously considering buying up all the red bricks in a Maersk Blue if possible, for something like this...

You can find it in alternate colors; there's a Sand Green version on flickr, for example. It'd be pretty easy to make in any of the primary Lego colors; something like Sand Green would be spendy.

These are the parts available in Maersk Blue. Although I doubt those Duplo bits are really Maersk blue; they're very strict about that.

Some of the parts simply aren't available (the grille/ladder bracket in the rear, the hinge bricks for the door, the 1-wide cheese slopes), and some are ridiculously expensive (the 1x2 plates are over a dollar apiece since they haven't been made in 25 years).

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 15, 2013

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Captain Foo posted:

don't get me started, hahaha

Oh do tell. :allears: I want paragraphs on the backstory and technical specs of your legions of tiny robots.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Anyone ever made a Dyson sphere with Lego? Or a ship with a rotate-y gravity simulation part in at least medium scale?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

The Royal Scrub posted:

Anyone ever made a Dyson sphere with Lego? Or a ship with a rotate-y gravity simulation part in at least medium scale?

Well, I made this awhile ago,

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=228190

This apparently has a 'rotating centrifuge'.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=75358

Then there's this guy:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=207534

That's after just a few minutes of searching on brickshelf, but I know there's a ton more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I could have sworn there was a rotating ship at brickworld, but going through flickr it appears I was mis-remembering. Most of the large spaceships people made were combat style.

I did stumble across this though:

Brickworld Chicago 2013 by TooMuchDew, on Flickr

Which is the most over the top classic space ship ever built. :black101:

I love how they did the engines on the back.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

You can find it in alternate colors; there's a Sand Green version on flickr, for example. It'd be pretty easy to make in any of the primary Lego colors; something like Sand Green would be spendy.

These are the parts available in Maersk Blue. Although I doubt those Duplo bits are really Maersk blue; they're very strict about that.

Some of the parts simply aren't available (the grille/ladder bracket in the rear, the hinge bricks for the door, the 1-wide cheese slopes), and some are ridiculously expensive (the 1x2 plates are over a dollar apiece since they haven't been made in 25 years).

Thank you for this! Maybe Maersk Blue is still a bit of a pipe dream, but I'm definitely interested in doing a color swap. Is there a chance you, or someone else on this thread, knows the best way to take the Camper Van part list, enter it into Bricklink or somewhere else, choose a new color, and have it spit out sellers that could provide? Obviously I'd love to buy as many bricks from one seller as I could... Is this searching and sorting even possible?

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

I could have sworn there was a rotating ship at brickworld, but going through flickr it appears I was mis-remembering. Most of the large spaceships people made were combat style.

I did stumble across this though:

Brickworld Chicago 2013 by TooMuchDew, on Flickr

Which is the most over the top classic space ship ever built. :black101:

I love how they did the engines on the back.

I wouldn't call that over the top, just awesome classic space. Looks like it would fit in to the product line for 1980-1985, unlike so many of the neoclassic space stuff that while using the same colors, they stand out as different because the style doesn't fit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ireladd posted:

Is this searching and sorting even possible?

Yes, bricklink implements that feature with their "want list". Adding to it is kind of clunky though.. it's either a whole bunch of clicking, or submitting a cumbersome xml file.

Once you get it uploaded, you click on the "By Shop" link in the wanted tab to filter sellers based on how many of the items you want they are selling.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

xzzy posted:

I just pieced together the Invader last month, I got super :3: putting on the shelf.

Unfortunately almost all my Blacktron minifigs are gone.. I can only get close to completing four and I don't have a single opaque visor.

That 6820 Starfire, that was my first lego kit as a kid.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

xzzy posted:

Yes, bricklink implements that feature with their "want list". Adding to it is kind of clunky though.. it's either a whole bunch of clicking, or submitting a cumbersome xml file.

Once you get it uploaded, you click on the "By Shop" link in the wanted tab to filter sellers based on how many of the items you want they are selling.

Thank you, this lead me in a good direction, and what I ended up doing was adding Camper Van set to my want list, deleted all the pieces except the red ones, and then individually had to change the remaining parts to blue, only to discover most of the way in that there is no blue option for one or two of the pieces. Wish there was a way to batch color swap to test quickly. Ah well.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer

yourafagpleasedie posted:

I know some people on eurobricks have been attempting to switch out all of the red elements to black at least. They seem pretty rad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Podothehobbit posted:

I know some people on eurobricks have been attempting to switch out all of the red elements to black at least. They seem pretty rad.

Too bad it wasn't a color the vehicle was sold with. :science:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/colors/bus62.htm

For the two tone busses, your options were turquoise, red, or tan.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I vaguely remember someone doing a purple VW shortly after the set came out.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Do the people who own bricklink make any money from it's operation? Because it's stagnated something terrible.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

PriorMarcus posted:

Do the people who own bricklink make any money from it's operation? Because it's stagnated something terrible.

As far as I know, Bricklink does collect fees based on each sale. Also, there's this: http://www.bricklink.com/news/20130813/BL_news_page.html

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

What? You're crazy. If visitor counters were good enough in 1995 they should be good enough in 2015 dammit. :corsair:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Neurion posted:

Don't forget the incest, attempted rape, etc. Should definitely be fine.

I'm sorry I tried to move on and read the rest of the thread but what incest was there in Ghostbusters? And what attempted rape? I think you saw an entirely different film than the rest of us.

edit: Whoops, you're referring to the Back to the Future portion of that post. Carry on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:siren: UK peeps! Dreadful right wing rag, the Daily Mail, is giving away Lego sets this coming week! They will probably give you cancer and cause immigrants to live in your house! :siren: