Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
In my quest for an ever more enjoyable "Mount and Blade whatever mod" experience, I stumbled across the most recent update for the Anglo Zulu War mod (I had completely forgotten that this thing was still in existence) - The first thing that struck me when I began to play it, was how good the guns sounded! The second thing that I thought of was "I wonder how these sounds would sound in Blood and Iron" and hey presto! I present my second B&I sound pack!

Use this pack to replace the rifle shot sounds, reload sounds, bullet passing and ground impact sounds, and I added some files to replace the British shouts - just because I can... Install as you would the other sound mods for M&B...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That really isn't a bad idea, though the up coming eventual update for Blood And Iron will replace the naff sounds we have for the Dreyse and the French counter part gun we can use that one for now.

Speaking of Blood and Iron, we have the EU event for it tonight at 9PM Brit time/10PM European time. I'll try and get us something exotic!

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

My computer is loving up, but hopefully I will be getting a replacement tomorrow. Have fun goons!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that sucks, no sweat through Maguro. See you soon when you fixed things up again.

The Friday American line battle for NW is happening in around 45 minutes goons. I hope to see you guys who can show getting in the Mumble for some bloody but neat parade death battle antics.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
10 minutes to line battle, get in the Mumble go go go.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

drat, I start getting back into this and I go and get myself hospitalized for a few weeks. I'll definitely be back around once I can go home and I regain the use of both hands.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

drat man, that really sucks. Well don't rush yourself and get better. We'll still be here when you get back.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright goons, we got our usual NW event tonight at 8PM EST (less than an hour) and I've secured you guys this week a slot for French Artillery.

So get in the server when you can when it is up. I have the details already in the Mumble channel.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Goonish artilley, we need to get hit with our own cannons!

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Get in here if you can! We need more shirtless cannon duders for fodder!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got a EU line battle for NW in around 40 minutes time. I've scored us some Artillery positions this week, so if you can make it tonight please do.

Also, we have an American one around 8PM EST tonight too. Get in on the fun!

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Hey there history-marine, we're not infantry tonight! We are artillery, so get in the mumble right now!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than an hour until the Monday American Line Battle, make sure your schedules are clear so we can shoot* pubbies.

*get massacred by

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around forty minutes we'll be winning bloody glorious victory over our foes with slightly less superior silly hats. Come on into the Mumble soon if you can make the fun for tonight!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
It's just about showtime! Come on and get in the Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So our EU siege event is happening in around forty minutes. Feel free to come along and storm the walls of enemy fortresses with us for glories.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the siege event.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I can't believe that admin tried to justify balance by merely pointing at numbers. Equal numbers don't mean poo poo if one side is completely fragmented by many regiments and don't have an effective way to communicate and one side is controlled by a single regiment that can order a blob death charge to overwhelm us. Regiment sizes matter. The more fragmented a team is the less the numbers tend to matter.

It's a shame really. The EU siege event used to be consistently one of the more enjoyable events that I've played on. I understand the need to play around with numbers with large events like that but the utter ignorance that admin showed with the balance pisses me off more than anything.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We lasted 18 minutes, through a combination of spectacular bayonet wizardry and the fact the other side seemed to stop organizing about 5 minutes in. I have a feeling they did it to make us look bad, but that's pointless since I doubt Goons have any credibility to lose in the first place.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

I can't believe that admin tried to justify balance by merely pointing at numbers. Equal numbers don't mean poo poo if one side is completely fragmented by many regiments and don't have an effective way to communicate and one side is controlled by a single regiment that can order a blob death charge to overwhelm us. Regiment sizes matter. The more fragmented a team is the less the numbers tend to matter.

It's a shame really. The EU siege event used to be consistently one of the more enjoyable events that I've played on. I understand the need to play around with numbers with large events like that but the utter ignorance that admin showed with the balance pisses me off more than anything.

I was wondering what happened in that siege event that upset you guys so much. So the admin split up the regiments between the two sides and tried to justify it by saying it made the teams have even numbers? That's pretty awful.

Lemme guess: the blob death-charging regiment was coincidentally the same regiment the admin belonged to?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, both the admins were playing on their side too. American siege tonight should be good though. Man sieges can be so fun.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I was wondering what happened in that siege event that upset you guys so much. So the admin split up the regiments between the two sides and tried to justify it by saying it made the teams have even numbers? That's pretty awful.

Lemme guess: the blob death-charging regiment was coincidentally the same regiment the admin belonged to?

Pretty much. One side was a single regiment of about 60 and our side was 5-7 regiments totalling 55 ish. They had communication superiority and could coordinate a gently caress you charge blob on the offensive while we could only trickle in a regiment at a time.

Seriously though, we should instantly pull out of any game where an admin ignores balance like that.

Yummy Dead Cow fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 14, 2013

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Pretty much. One side was a single regiment of about 60 and our side was 5-7 regiments totalling 55 ish. They had communication superiority and could coordinate a gently caress you charge blob on the offensive while we could only trickle in a regiment at a time.

Seriously though, we should instantly pull out of any game if an admin ignores balance like that.

Large scale coordination is pretty great if you can find people who are willing to cooperate and make it work. Even a good group of medium sized regiments work great as they are easier to maneuver compared to the larger single line regiments.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Seriously though, we should instantly pull out of any game where an admin ignores balance like that.

Usually both sides have decently sized regiments and small ones, but some didn't show up to due to this DLC being old now/Payday 2/Summer and instead of being sensible and taking some dudes from the 2nd almost full server the 15th just lazily rolled with it. That is a big problem with the community, it isn't malicious just lazy and so stuck in their ways you wonder how it has managed to get such a consistent population. Of course, there isn't any other Napoleonic Era multiplayer FPS games on the market so that answers that.

Thing is people, and I keep telling you this in the Mumble is that EU events especially solid ones that have decent numbers and not insane admins are pretty drat rare. We really have no choice but to suck it up. Comes with the territory of playing a niche game with a small population. I know it sucks, but I don't have a EU based server to do our own sieges on. And to be honest, If I had to do a 2nd event I'd focus on trying to get a North And South one going with my own rules.

Anyways, sieges are fun. We have an American tonight at 8PM EST. Show up for the fun!

And later, I'll post some Osprey stuff from Scribd for those who like reading and stuff.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

I'm honestly surprised at least some of the regiments didn't go "You know what? gently caress you" and leave the event outright, that's downright criminal for the admins to do. It was basically a turkey shoot for them and they weren't even trying to hide it.

Deofuta posted:

Large scale coordination is pretty great if you can find people who are willing to cooperate and make it work. Even a good group of medium sized regiments work great as they are easier to maneuver compared to the larger single line regiments.

I still hold dear that one time in a Blood and Iron event when we were arty and were coordinating on team chat with the infantry. It was all going absolutely perfectly, we mopped the floor with the opposing team so well :allears:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyways, sieges are fun. We have an American tonight at 8PM EST. Show up for the fun!

I'll be late (I'd guess by about a half hour or so) but I'll be there. Hopefully the admins this time won't try to pull what yesterday's did.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thing is, it is pretty hard to try and convince the guys who actually own the event to change things. The standard reply is basically 'feel free to take your ball and go home, our sandbox!'.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I still hold dear that one time in a Blood and Iron event when we were arty and were coordinating on team chat with the infantry. It was all going absolutely perfectly, we mopped the floor with the opposing team so well :allears:

It's a lot easier to use team chat when you have a downtime like there often is in a line battle (especially B&I). For sieges, it's hard to find the time to inject your idea into the constantly scrolling killfeed.

I never really appreciated killfeeds being separate from the chat before this game. There's just so much that's wrong with this game yet I still keep playing and enjoying it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The NW American Siege event battle thing is happening in less than an hour, so some of you goons if you can make it should start getting into the Mumble.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

30 minutes to siege. We got artillery somewhere. Don't ask me where.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We're artillery on the first map for two rounds, then we're slogging it on foot as dirty line infantry for the 2nd map.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Blood And Iron event in around thirty minutes time.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 19, 2013

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the Great Western European Shoot-Off. Get your rifling hat on.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Franco-Prussian sniper battles take place at a distance of no more than ten feet. Also nobody can hit each other, ever.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around thirty minutes time we've got our Franco Prussian War event.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Fifteen minutes until we don pointy helmets/red pants and shoot mans, start getting into the Mumble.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
Here, have are some videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTr7-RSmmoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20VAxqacnW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a8RIT1h76I

Sometimes we get to learn exciting new things like the history of IHOP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcK-3kDlD-g

Line battle in thirty minutes!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In less than 10 minutes we'll be rolling the NEC Friday American line battle. So if you can make it and play do show up because after this event we ain't line battling until Sunday.

And thanks, I added that battle and the Blood and Iron one posted in the STEAM activity page.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
5 minutes. Get in mumble.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The first thing that happens on my rookie stint as officer is 2 goons dying by suicide pact. I may not be cut out for a commanding position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Gimnbo posted:

The first thing that happens on my rookie stint as officer is 2 goons dying by suicide pact. I may not be cut out for a commanding position.

I will not tolerate multiple flag bearers :commissar:

• Locked thread