Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sockser posted:

Welp, I'm sold. Gonna hop on Amazon and pre-order the sucker right now

that's really all it takes? an alternate cover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

that's really all it takes? an alternate cover?

Yes(! Yes! Yes! etc)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Millions of Dollars, Millions of Dollars!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So Guacamelee is ridiculous fun.

Someone needs to get onto making a La Parka skin though.

Although there is a Manuel Calavera skin though :allears:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
2K is doing a WWE2K14 stream on twitch.tv right now, if anyone's interested. There are a few nifty bits, but yeah... it's pretty much just another edition on the same old WWE engine.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks like they're getting rid of the constant reversal holds, thank God. Animation looks a bit more fluid as well, but yeah, it's the same engine. It is a yearly franchise.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I know some people aren't fans, but I like the current engine and am glad they're doing iterative updates of it instead of ditching an engine wholesale like they've done in the past. I'm not quite sure they're at the point where they should be adding a ton of little touches, but they are nice. That said the two people hosting this stream are not good at talking to a camera at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If there is any update to the WWE 2K15 games then its the next one that will hopefully be a big step towards changing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

yeah 2k15 is presumably going to be developed for both current and next gen systems (and thus will probably not be appreciably different in most respects, due to the performance cap the last gen represents) but it would stand to reason that 2k16 would be fully next gen and we might see a big leap then.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUOR9zjXNMA

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

yeah 2k15 is presumably going to be developed for both current and next gen systems (and thus will probably not be appreciably different in most respects, due to the performance cap the last gen represents) but it would stand to reason that 2k16 would be fully next gen and we might see a big leap then.

There is absolutely no reason they couldn't produce a much better quality game on this generation's hardware, there won't be as big a leap as you might expect

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Valeyard posted:

There is absolutely no reason they couldn't produce a much better quality game on this generation's hardware, there won't be as big a leap as you might expect

There is no reason that there can't be a modern looking wrestling game on the 360/PS3, but as 2K puts more development resources into whatever they decide are their next-gen plans, a lot of that stuff filter down to current-gen. Considering they will likely stay cross-gen for a few years, and how outdated some of the Yukes stuff is (super long loading screens instead of texture streaming, having 20k+ poly models instead of normal mapping) there are big leaps that can be made that may not be impressive for regular games, but will be firsts for wrestling games.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Whats a matter Burrito too good to play with us? :smith:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Just watched the gameplay video for WWE 2K14 and saw enough to know I won't be buying this year, just looks like the same identical lovely gameplay we've had for years.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Wrestlemania mode roster's up on IGN:

quote:

2K has revealed its superstar roster for WWE 2K14. This year's collection of wrestlers clearly builds on the legacy of Wrestlemania, which is also the focal point for the game's single-player mode.
Alberto Del Rio
Andre the Giant
Batista
Big Show
Big Show (Retro)
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar (Retro)
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho (Retro)
CM Punk
Diesel
Edge
Goldberg
Hulk Hogan
'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan
JBL
John Cena
John Cena (Retro)
Kane (Retro)
King Kong Bundy
Mick Foley
Randy Orton
'Macho Man' Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Ric Flair
Ric Flair (Retro)
Ricky Steamboat
Sergeant Slaughter
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels (Retro)
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
The Rock
The Rock (Retro)
Triple H
Triple H (Retro)
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Undertaker (Retro)
Yokozuna

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

...is that it? There are more retro guys there than current guys.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

...is that it? There are more retro guys there than current guys.
Well, seeing as Angle, Jeff Hardy and the Dudley Boys are in TNA (and don't have non exclusive merch deals), the Wrestlemania XIX (Lesnar vs Angle) and XX main events (both world title matches) and the TLC triple threat tag from X-7 can't be used. Plus, Benoit's current status also disqualifies him from several and Owen's match vs Bret can't be included due to his widow not wanting his image used in anything to do with wrestling.

It has been said that the remaining roster will make up for it though...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 17, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Perigryn posted:

It has been said that the remaining roster will make up for it though...

Oh, there's more? I thought that was the full roster. I'll be quiet then.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Oh, there's more? I thought that was the full roster. I'll be quiet then.
Yeah, they said they'd only reveal the Wrestlemania mode roster today and the rest some time later. Am confused why IGN leaked this list already though...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 17, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah this is the guys who'll be in the Wrestlemania mode. I can understand the confusion since Alberto Del Rio is there for some reason. That said the list does pretty much confirm that Steamboat/Savage is going to be in that mode.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Since I have nothing better to do, I'm gonna see which matches we can make with that roster.

WM1: Studd vs Andre.
WM2: Hogan vs Bundy
WM3: Savage vs Steamboat, Hogan vs Andre
WM4: Hogan vs Andre, Savage vs DiBiase
WM5: Hogan vs Savage
WM6: Warrior vs Hogan
WM7: Warrior vs Savage, Hogan vs Slaughter
WM8: Savage vs Flair
WM9: Yokozuna vs Hart, Hogan vs Hart
WM10: Razor vs HBK, Hart vs Yokozuna
WM11: Taker vs Bundy, Diesel vs HBK
WM12: Warrior vs HHH, HBK vs Hart
WM13: SCSA vs Hart
WM14: Taker vs Kane, SCSA vs HBK
WM15: Kane vs HHH, SCSA vs Rock
WM16: HHH vs Rock vs Foley vs Big Show
WM17: Taker vs HHH, SCSA vs Rock
WM18: Taker vs Flair, Rock vs Hogan, HHH vs Jericho
WM19: HBK vs Jericho, Rock vs SCSA
WM20: Cena vs Big Show, Christian vs Jericho, Goldberg vs Lesnar, Taker vs Kane, Batista/Orton/Flair vs Foley/Rock
WM21: Taker vs Orton, Cena vs JBL, Batista vs HHH
WM22: Cena vs HHH
WM23: Taker vs Batista, Cena vs HBK
WM24: HBK vs Flair, Orton vs HHH vs Cena, Taker vs Edge
WM25: Taker vs HBK, Cena vs Edge vs Big Show, HHH vs Orton
WM26: Jericho vs Edge, Cena vs Batista, Taker vs HBK
WM27: Taker vs HHH, Miz vs Cena, Edge vs Del Rio
WM28: Kane vs Orton, Taker vs HHH, Rock vs Cena
WM29: HHH vs Brock, Cena vs Rock, CM Punk vs Taker

That's all the matches you can make with that roster. Certainly will be more, but that'll be using the current roster. Plus I probably missed a couple.

...I need to get out more.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 17, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Don't sweat it. If you didn't put this together, I probably would have...and I'm at work :)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No Jake Roberts :smith: Though I guess he could be DLC

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VogeGandire posted:

Since I have nothing better to do, I'm gonna see which matches we can make with that roster.

WM1: None.

With Corey L into charge, I'll bet WM1 will be your CAW against King Kong Bundy (recreating Bundy beating S.D. Jones). Of course, this time, you have to beat Bundy in less time than it took Bundy to beat Jones if you want to unlock anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FD_bwVxxZk

Match starts at 1:13

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

No Jake Roberts :smith: Though I guess he could be DLC

Jake got a LOT of Mania paydays. When I was going through the lists, there were so many cases of "<x> match could have been included, but Jake isn't on the list".

The Ricks Martel and Rude too.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 17, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Jake got a LOT of Mania paydays. When I was going through the lists, there were so many cases of "<x> match could have been included, but Jake isn't on the list".

The Ricks Martel and Rude too.
Maybe if we're lucky, there'll be an unlockable mode for additional non main event matches like the Off Script mode from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRUZavjxIs

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 17, 2013

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
They could gimmick the blind fold match by randomizing the left control stick until you hit the other player or the ring.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

VogeGandire posted:

That's all the matches you can make with that roster. Certainly will be more, but that'll be using the current roster. Plus I probably missed a couple.

Yeah, you missed CM Punk/Taker from the last Wrestlemania and Edge/Del Rio from Wrestlemania 27(and looking at the roster this is the only possible Del Rio match so it's in there for sure)

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Not 100% positive but I think you're missing Batista, Orton and Flair vs. Rock and Foley.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So that roster seems to be most dense around WM20, you can a solid half of the entire card.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Perigryn posted:

Maybe if we're lucky, there'll be an unlockable mode for additional non main event matches like the Off Script mode from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRUZavjxIs
The Ryback model looks ALOT better than the one they first showed in screencaps but they all models still have that awful 'clothing is painted on' look, DB's jacket looks crap and Ryback's front-&-back double cape looks absolutely terrible the way it sticks to him when he does his angry arm lifts. Macho Man's cape looks alright though.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I'm just glad they got DB yelling something during the entrance instead of him quietly gesturing.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dissapointed there is no retro Rey Mysterio with the old music and pop from under the stage

e; The Cena entrance is not correct, he needs to toss the title into the ring before he slides in

The Daniel Bryan one is nice though

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 17, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IGN's roster reveal so far missed Big John Studd. so there is your one Wrestlemania 1 match. Andre vs. Big John Studd.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

IGN's roster reveal so far missed Big John Studd. so there is your one Wrestlemania 1 match. Andre vs. Big John Studd.

The one wrestling game where it'd make sense to have Mr. T in it and we're missing out!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

punchdaily posted:

The one wrestling game where it'd make sense to have Mr. T in it and we're missing out!

Mr. T hates wrestling and the WWE because they refused to put him in the Hall of Fame before Pete Rose.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Valeyard posted:

There is absolutely no reason they couldn't produce a much better quality game on this generation's hardware

It still takes a while to develop an engine and make it workable / usable / actually fun to play. Otherwise, you get WrestleMania 21 or WCW Mayhem.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Apparently, Goldberg's entrance will also include the backstage segment too. Let's hope there's security guards.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Why isn't Piper in this? Doesn't he have a legends deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Perigryn posted:

Apparently, Goldberg's entrance will also include the backstage segment too. Let's hope there's security guards.

Source?

• Locked thread