Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Horrorclaus posted:

I do feel somewhat useless when people try stealth, but when the poo poo hits the fan

So always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Try the tiny Mosconi barrel + stock, they make your spread massive and it still kills anyone in its massive area of murder.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Orv posted:

Ya hosed!

Seems like a pretty common problem right now. Certain people just can't connect. Have him go through the usual ports/router/etc rigamarole, but it might not help.

That happens to the guy i run with all the time. He fixes it by restarting payday which usually works.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

N is for Nipples posted:

Try the tiny Mosconi barrel + stock, they make your spread massive and it still kills anyone in its massive area of murder.

I really enjoy killing snipers from across the map with my Super Shotgun, so I'm inclined to not saw anything off.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

We're having trouble where one of our crew can't join our games and we can't join his. Any suggestions?

Does he have the new patch?

Horrorclaus
Oct 10, 2008

Yeah pretty much. I know its possible, but its starting to get on my nerves in pub matches. They shoot two guards, answer their pagers and then proceed to sit around for ten minutes trying to decide how to keep from being detected. At this point I pull out my boomstick and send a guard flying out the window while screaming at the top of my lungs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

StoneyAssassin posted:

Does he have the new patch?
gently caress, there we go. My friend and I started playing, like, right before the new patch dropped and our buddy who's having problems logged on after the patch :downs:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Horrorclaus posted:

At this point I pull out my boomstick and send a guard flying out the window while screaming at the top of my lungs.

This is usually the starting point for most of my group's heists. Stealth is overrated.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

...Left 4 Dead already exists, why are you so excited about that?

Don't you even act like you wouldn't love a heist that suddenly degenerated into a zombie panic situation.

E: \/\/\/\/ Well let's not be oblivious, Doc.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 17, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Think this little fucker is cheating?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Horrorclaus posted:

Yeah pretty much. I know its possible, but its starting to get on my nerves in pub matches. They shoot two guards, answer their pagers and then proceed to sit around for ten minutes trying to decide how to keep from being detected. At this point I pull out my boomstick and send a guard flying out the window while screaming at the top of my lungs.

Short Answer: Never play with pubs.

Dr.Oblivious posted:

Are people honestly that bad at the game that they need to cheat? I mean, if the game had a super engrossing story but punishing gameplay, then I could maybe understand, but this game ain't that.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
So as of this patch you can no longer remove attachments from your secondaries. But at least there's compensation for it.

TarKist
Oct 18, 2005

εν τούτω νίκα

The White Dragon posted:

We're having trouble where one of our crew can't join our games and we can't join his. Any suggestions?

Tell him to restart Steam

Edit- Beaten. I should refresh my page more.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013

Dr.Oblivious posted:

Yeah, I just saw somebody do the same thing but with ammo bags. It kinda sucks that people have to resort to cheating already.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Is it easy to find chill goons to play with? I'm interested in this but I hate pubbies/ am more of a relaxed player.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Yeah, I just saw somebody do the same thing but with ammo bags. It kinda sucks that people have to resort to cheating already.

It's not so much resorting to cheating because the game is hard, as it is cheating to try and impress new/oblivious players with their awesome skill builds.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Acquire Currency! posted:

Don't you even act like you wouldn't love a heist that suddenly degenerated into a zombie panic situation.

I probably wouldn't actually. I got about 40 hours out of both L4D games and never really want to play another zombie horde survival game ever again. I think a lot of people feel similarly.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cops versus zombies versus Bain's group = :getin:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Zombies are so overplayed at this point. There are so many fun ideas of places to rob that a 'zombie apocalypse!!!!!11' mission seems lazy and a cop-out. The train does sound fun though, revolvers and mosconis only of course.

My friends also make a vain attempt of trying to stealth the bank heist but someone eventually misses a camera or just gets bored and starts shooting. How people can stealth a bank heist is beyond me. I get itchy around 6 minutes of standing around. Being able to do Nightclub and get out before the police assault starts though is pretty drat fun compared to the 15-20 minute slog it was before we had C4/ECM jammers for the door.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 17, 2013

spiderlemur
Nov 6, 2010
It seems the new Bank Heist: Deposit is bugged so that the van driver doesn't open his doors so you can't collect any bags. That's what he just did to us after the update, at least.

TarKist
Oct 18, 2005

εν τούτω νίκα

gobbledygoat posted:

Is it easy to find chill goons to play with? I'm interested in this but I hate pubbies/ am more of a relaxed player.

This should make it easy for you- http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562049

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Stanos posted:

My friends also make a vain attempt of trying to stealth the bank heist but someone eventually misses a camera or just gets bored and starts shooting. How people can stealth a bank heist is beyond me. I get itchy around 6 minutes of standing around. Being able to do Nightclub and get out before the police assault starts though is pretty drat fun compared to the 15-20 minute slog it was before we had C4/ECM jammers for the door.

I've got this itch to stealth Ukraine Job and Framing Frames, but everything else just seems so unrewarding to stealth. One tiny mistake will ruin your whole plan, and even if you get the ball rolling on it, you're usually just sitting around. I get that you can walk away with a bunch of cash in the bank missions, but it seems like a waste of effort otherwise.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I get where they were going with stealth and sometimes it feels like you're punished for not doing it 'correctly' (bars on Framing Frame, losing the gold on FF3, having to deal with potentially 3 police assaults on the bank if you take too long or alert too early) but I just can't be bothered and neither can my friends. Is it really worth waiting around for someone to eventually gently caress up when we can just get people in position to break cameras and shout people down?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

spiderlemur posted:

It seems the new Bank Heist: Deposit is bugged so that the van driver doesn't open his doors so you can't collect any bags. That's what he just did to us after the update, at least.

Well they did say riskier...

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
The juggalos in my area just can't stop talking about this game, you'll hear them yell "Payday the heist Whoop Whoop" like in large groups. Is the juggalo population in this game insane or is it just my areas juggalos that are obsessed with this game?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Two patches in about a week. I can't compare this to my experience with Sim City. Oh I know I've mentioned it before, but here was the response to me sending them Pizza on deal one. I think when we learn a bit more and I find someone who can translate my English into Swedish I'm going to mail them one of my parent's two copies of The Secret.

Almir Listo posted:

Thank you very much for the food! Myself, a concept artist, some 3D-Artists, animators and a programmer ate the meal. We salute you!

Best,

A.

Foil posted:

The juggalos in my area just can't stop talking about this game, you'll hear them yell "Payday the heist Whoop Whoop" like in large groups. Is the juggalo population in this game insane or is it just my areas juggalos that are obsessed with this game?

Clown masks and crime.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Foil posted:

If you're quoting them accurately, they're talking about the first one. I haven't played with anyone that was too annoying, but it is very easy to play this game alone or with a small group of people and never actually have to interact with any pubs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Threep posted:

So as of this patch you can no longer remove attachments from your secondaries. But at least there's compensation for it.

This only seemed to apply to the pocket laser for me; the rest worked fine, IIRC.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

Rats
Bain speaks the correct line when player gets money and intel. You did good here not bad :)
It's about fuckin' time.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

spiderlemur posted:

When I did it we just kept the bags on and got bag money in the cash screen.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
If this game had zombie mode with reskinned specials then it would double as Killing Floor 2 and I'm fine with that.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Anyone else having issues with inviting friends into games now since this patch?

4 Day Weekend
Jan 16, 2009
I downloaded about 4GB of Payday 2 and left it on last night...woke up this morning and the download had reset to zero. Tried restarting Steam/verifying cache/restarting PC and no luck.

I checked the steamapps/downloading folder and the Payday 2 file is 18.2GB. Has this happened to anyone else before?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So after a bit of experimentation with my CAR4 and attachments I can now sadly say that the game puts a solid lower limit on recoil, well above zero, making it impossible to actually take it any further than that point. Means my dream of an assault rifle with basically no kick at all is just that, a dream :smith:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

This game has a strange issue where when playing in full screen, it defaults to the bad/wrong/unoptimal refresh rate. I didn't realize this was a problem with the game itself (rather than some bug with the overlays) until I played the game windowed.

It somehow chose to default to 29, instead of 60.

On my LCD monitor (U2312HM), the resolution 1920x1080@29 causes a large amount of underscan which makes Steam, Mumble, etc overlays not render correctly and the mouse cursor in menus can travel off the monitor edge, though gameplay itself works alright. This can't directly be adjusted by my monitor's settings to correct this resolution.

If you're also affected, you can edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\PAYDAY 2\renderer_settings.xml to change refresh_rate from 29 to your proper refresh rate (60 in my case).

Here's an approximation of what this makes the game end up looking like:

Versus what it should look like:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gibbed posted:

On my LCD monitor (U2312HM), the resolution 1920x1080@29 causes a large amount of underscan which makes Steam, Mumble, etc overlays not render correctly and the mouse cursor in menus can travel off the monitor edge, though gameplay itself works alright. This can't directly be adjusted by my monitor's settings to correct this resolution.

Man, at least you can use the steam overlay. I have never been able to use it in any of Overkill's games. :(

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009
Zombie mode seems a little silly and very overdone, yeah. Maybe it was just an idea they toyed with that they didn't include. My bet is they'll release some DLC for it around Halloween.

Why not a bear mode? Bears in cop uniforms would be terrifying and adorable at the same time. :3:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Zudrag posted:

Why not a bear mode? Bears in cop uniforms would be terrifying and adorable at the same time. :3:

Now this is something I can get behind.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Man, at least you can use the steam overlay. I have never been able to use it in any of Overkill's games. :(
The overlay wasn't working for me with NVIDIA's latest WHQL drivers, it starts working again with the latest beta drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How does bagging a corpse work? Is it broken like cat burglar?

• Locked thread