Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So this guy was running through the store yelling that no one would help him find some food item. It's midnight and he's got his little kid with him, and he smells like alcohol and BO. You can't see from the pic, but he's got a neckbeard. You can kinda see the bald patches on his head. He didn't get to buy that beer on the belt.

Edit: added bonus, this guy just hit on me on Facebook. I told him I left town when I got married so I don't know him from my old circle of friends, and he asked, "Oh, still married?" Uh yeah dude. He also referred to a mutual friend as "miss ___" which is hilarious. First names, learn to use them.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

I love this one because he goes from average looking skinny guy to huge loving nerd and thinks that the latter is a big step up. It's a reverse makeover!

It's like these people have never heard of moderation. You don't have to dress in a t-shirt and baseball cap if you don't want to. You can wear clothes that are different, even a little weird, but no, they all have to dress up like literal anime characters to express themselves.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Seriously, looking like a stoner is preferable to looking like an overdressed nerd. He reminds me of Otto Flick from 'Allo 'Allo.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

His girlfriend is literally made from cardboard.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

At least he didn't aim too high. Unfortunately, he still needs to work on his Photoshop skills.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
A lot of people wear those animal hats with ears to raves and EDM events.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

A lot of people wear those animal hats with ears to raves and EDM events.

Well, they DID say those hats are worn by children and the autistic...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kheldragar posted:

His girlfriend is literally made from cardboard.

She also appears to be in her 40's.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Top button buttoner spotted!

Ah, must be when he played that creepy boarding-school kid (and brutal murderer) in that one episode of Homicide: Life on the Street.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

New Leaf posted:

She also appears to be in her 40's.

Eh, she's just got the poor person puffy face going on, due to a rotten diet. I bet she's about his age.

What gets me is the pic he used for the photoshop is the exact same pic he's using for his avatar (sans "girlfriend").

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

t_violet posted:

Eh, she's just got the poor person puffy face going on, due to a rotten diet. I bet she's about his age.

What gets me is the pic he used for the photoshop is the exact same pic he's using for his avatar (sans "girlfriend").

I didn't even notice that. :psyduck:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Phlegmish posted:

At least he didn't aim too high. Unfortunately, he still needs to work on his Photoshop skills.

If you're going to photoshop, you may as well shoot for gold.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
The recent Flow festival in Finland is basically aimed directly at hipsters, so you have around 20,000 people straight out of Hellooks gathered in one place :

They also chose a rather unfortunate picture of Flavor Flav to put on their website :

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Metanaut posted:

The recent Flow festival in Finland is basically aimed directly at hipsters, so you have around 20,000 people straight out of Hellooks gathered in one place :

He looks like Princess Bride era Cary Elwes.

Robohobobro
Apr 26, 2013
Hellooks alone would provide content for about a dozen of these threads:

Fashion.

FASHION.

FASHION!

Is this why people think we're all crazy?

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

single-mode fiber posted:

Well, they DID say those hats are worn by children and the autistic...

Now that you mention it, I can see MDMA being quite therapeutic for spectrum-surfers.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Did an American thrift store send over a cargo container full of clothes to Finland in the 90s?

What percentage of the people walking in a pedestrian area on a weekend are dressed up to be on Hel Looks?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Robohobobro posted:

:allears: Yes.

Even if in Latin America we have our own awkward(Like the beautiful greasy mullet I saw the other day), yours is special.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Nevermind.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Someone took, "if the bar aint bending, you're just pretending" literally.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The government has a secret system: a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hirayuki posted:

Ah, must be when he played that creepy boarding-school kid (and brutal murderer) in that one episode of Homicide: Life on the Street.

Between that, Wilfred, Sin City, and the Maniac remake, he may actually be a serial killer.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

thylacine posted:

Did an American thrift store send over a cargo container full of clothes to Finland in the 90s?

What percentage of the people walking in a pedestrian area on a weekend are dressed up to be on Hel Looks?

I don't live in Helsinki, but go there pretty frequently and I've never seen these kind of people live (outside of Flow). Either I just don't pay that much attention to what other people are wearing or they are confined to some small hip areas of the city where they feed on 10 euro organic yak milk lattes.

Unsurpisingly, if you visit Hellooks now, there's a lot of posts from Flow festival :

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Robohobobro posted:

Hellooks alone would provide content for about a dozen of these threads:

Fashion.

FASHION.

FASHION!

They look like those games where you fold a piece of paper in three, then have your friends each draw a third of a person. Like this.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_kDnBJ5fbA

This man is really angry about his family wanting to eat out rather than just going to McDonalds.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Macintosh posted:

This guy reminds me of when I was in San Francisco and walked up to Coit Tower. It was a clear, gorgeous day and the view of the San Francisco skyline was breathtaking. While I was there though I saw a guy who looked to be in his mid to late 20's, extremely thin, with a scraggly beard playing his Nintendo DS while his parents walked around enjoying the views. The dude never got up from where he was sitting until his parents decided to leave.
My brother does this. :smith: He carries his Gameboy Color around with him 24/7, playing either Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon and it makes this huge, awkward rectangle sticking out from his front pocket. He even brought it to our sister's wedding.
:negative:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

The Netherlands (sorry about the lovely phone pic)

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Phlegmish posted:

Seriously, looking like a stoner is preferable

Finally, some vindication from the PYF awkward and ugly thread.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Tumblr fashion is weird.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I think it's meant to be Ariel.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
You know, up until now I always found it ridiculous that sailors used to mistake manatees for mermaids.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Even someone who could wear that costume well would look awkward as hell just wandering around the mall in it. I don't understand people.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

They look like those games where you fold a piece of paper in three, then have your friends each draw a third of a person. Like this.

Exquisite Corpse!

NSFW for boobs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse

It was really big among the Dadaist crowds.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Robohobobro posted:

You know, back when I first heard the word being used (I think it was like 2007 or 08) I remembered thinking "Haha! I totally am a hipster!" And telling my friends and us all laughing. It didn't seem like an insult or something to deny, just a kind of funny label because we listened to a lot of indie music and tended to wear shirts with collars. Seriously, it's kinda crazy how a word can change to mean so many different things in such a short amount of time. In the 60's it was used as a put-down for white people who played jazz.

And now, I suppose like all cliques, it has reached critical mass and become a cartoon of itself.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Jake, I love your music, but fingerless fishnet gloves? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bncljL2qWXA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Tumblr fashion is weird.

There's no way she didn't have a moment of doubt when she drew an infinity symbol on her gut.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There's no way she didn't have a moment of doubt when she drew an infinity symbol on her gut.

She just goes on forever.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This loser cracks me up any time I see this. It's just mind-blowing how absolutely pathetic he is.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Saw a few bronies in the wild last night. One had a kickin rad pony tail.

Also, I could've played bingo with this group: fedora, brony poo poo, Big Bang theory shirt, grenade logo shirt, greasy as gently caress, etc.

It was all there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

LadyPictureShow posted:

This loser cracks me up any time I see this. It's just mind-blowing how absolutely pathetic he is.

I think iPad/Uggs guy is the true master.

• Locked thread