Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

LeoMarr posted:

Is safecracker even worth using over C4? Tech seems to have a much better tree than the shoe horned tree that ghost seems to be.

Over C4 no. If someone happens to have it anyway, it's good for opening extra poo poo sometimes. You can still grind Nightclub with just a safecracker in 2 minutes, provided you find the keycard quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Well, now I own -both- Infamous Dallas masks. The one with the flag, and one without. I am now paralyzed by the choices of how to customize them. Also I play Chains mostly, so...

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

LeoMarr posted:

Is safecracker even worth using over C4? Tech seems to have a much better tree than the shoe horned tree that ghost seems to be.

Safecracking is not worth using over C4 unless you're heavily invested in Ghost.

I ditched C4 out of disappointment because the explosions are like tiny, little babyfarts.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

I got the Deagle a little while ago and it seems to be pretty much identical to the crosskill other than the damage stat and the reduced ammo count, yet for some reason I perform far worse with it than my old crosskill, I can't hit a loving thing at anything other than short range. Am I imagining things? Or are those stat bars actually meaningless?

A lot of the bars don't move even though the items specifically mention it affecting stats, so I would guess that the bars are meaningless.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Has anyone fully stripped the banks in heist? I've never been able to do it fully without pubbies crying about running out of ammo when there's two 8 re-ammos sitting inside of the vault for them to use while killing super troopers.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Slim Killington posted:

Over C4 no. If someone happens to have it anyway, it's good for opening extra poo poo sometimes. You can still grind Nightclub with just a safecracker in 2 minutes, provided you find the keycard quickly.

A safecracker is likely to have door-hacking ECM devices anyway. Nightclub is one of the few heists where a Ghost can do pretty much everything.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

LeoMarr posted:

Has anyone fully stripped the banks in heist? I've never been able to do it fully without pubbies crying about running out of ammo when there's two 8 re-ammos sitting inside of the vault for them to use while killing super troopers.

I managed it on an Overkill Cash that the group of pubbies I was with managed to stealth. With them picking the deposit boxes and me managing the hostages, not quite having enough zipties for everyone, we made it out with just under 900k. Took about a half-hour, but that time was inflated by how long it took us to figure out exactly how we were going to approach it.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
It's doable to stealth, but not really worth the time, retries, and object/guard placement luck. Saw and some ammo bags make quicker work of it and are only a little bit riskier.

versus fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Aug 19, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I've heard that the saw can slice people clean in half, Is this actually true or does it just kill them without glorious disembowelment and decapitations? I need to know the level of gore involved with the saw before I decide to use it.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
It's purely a utility saw. The only time you should use it against enemies is using it against a bulldozer, because regardless of who you attack, you are going to lose a lot of saw durability for a quick kill, even upgraded. And no, I haven't seen any gore.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

drat, I really wanted to pull a Texas chainsaw massacre stealth bank heist. I'd love to see the looks on the faces of the police finally arriving on scene and seeing an entire bank full of disemboweled bodies and an empty vault.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ha
Ha ha ha, ahh...
HA
HA HA HA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :suicide:

e: this was done solo until I invited my friend to have a look
ee: cleared out every deposit box

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 19, 2013

Soral
May 30, 2009

Well, I had the "All Secondary" infamous mask pattern drop earlier, so I did the needful.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
Level 27, still haven't recieved a colour. Got five cash cards today and one mask, which was the one I already had. Beginning to hate the pay day system.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Majuju posted:

Nothing is worth grinding except for Ukrainian Overkill. Do the rest because you want to pull them off really well, the time:reward is nowhere near as good.

Nightclub is worth grinding if you have no C4 but have a safecracker, otherwise Four Stores can be done solo with a saw for cards.

gently caress crime.net and gently caress the card system in this, seriously. Having to do Four Stores over and over again (which involves starting the game, wasting 30s waiting on crime.net in case it shows Four Stores, then quitting and repeating the affair if it doesn't) for a (at most) 33% chance at getting a weapon mod card which then has a what, 1% chance of getting you a specific mod you're looking for? It's the loving worst. They seriously need to let us buy weapon mods.

e; gently caress it, blew 2mil on respeccing to Tech for C4. I'll miss my shotguns, but oh well.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 19, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I don't realy mind the card system idea in general, it helps keeping me from instantly just building the 'best gun' and never look back and actually made me try some weapons I had not intention to use before I got some mofification drops for them. It also 'helped' in actually making me build a silenced weapon for once, which I'm actually growing rather fond of by now.
But the money drops are bullshit once you made your first few heists and are plain insulting if you just managed to finish a well paying overkill mission; also the lack of card-drops in multi-day missions makes them just worse in terms of rewards, which is sad cause they are the most fun missions available. I hope they rethink that and add card-drops between mission-days.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I think simply giving you an extra card per day at the end of the job would be better than giving you a card between each day. Maybe even give extra cards for multi-day pro jobs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
RE: all the talk (a couple of pages ago) about this game not running on an integrated Intel graphic card, do you guys think it'll run on a Radeon HD 8730M? I have the Intel HD 4000 or whatever it's called in my laptop, and then I have that Radeon as a secondary card. I googled a bit, and found not much info, so I thought I'd ask here.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
People that agonize over which of the three completely hidden and random cards to pick. :saddowns:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Having to do Four Stores over and over again

This is totally outdated, the new hotness is Jewelry heist (if it ever comes up) or Ukrainian Job since both can be completed pretty quickly even solo. Same with Mallcrasher though that's dependent on explosives. Four stores you basically have to use the saw to get out in under 5 minutes.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

People that agonize over which of the three completely hidden and random cards to pick. :saddowns:

It's doubly ironic because the choice is already made before you even pick a card (in the sense that you would have gotten the same thing regardless of what you picked). If you pick center and get money and you see a weapon card on the right, picking right would also have given you cash. The card picking graphic is purely aesthetic.

So it is in essence purely a mechanic to taunt people? "Oh look you missed two weapon mods, how sad" :smuggo:

I like this developer!

Yep! : D

Killstick fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 19, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

But there's a logic to it you see, a friend of a mate of a guy who he knows told him that you can influnce the drop by standing on one leg and spinning around three times then typing in the name of the card you want, it works I know it!!!

In other news a few of my friends have figured out grinding overkill heists with shaped charges, being in and out within seconds to minutes. At the very least it'll get me further up on the skill tree skipping some of the money/level grind which I didn't like to begin with but I still feel completely filthy doing it.

Longer heists are still fun as gently caress as are bank heists, but tiny one day quick payoff shaped charge be out before the cops get here stuff is quickly getting old.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Killstick posted:

It's doubly ironic because the choice is already made before you even pick a card (in the sense that you would have gotten the same thing regardless of what you picked). If you pick center and get money and you see a weapon card on the right, picking right would also have given you cash. The card picking graphic is purely aesthetic.

So it is in essence purely a mechanic to taunt people? "Oh look you missed two weapon mods, how sad" :smuggo:

I like this developer!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Really made the best mask ever.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Join the club, my face is more caved in than your mother.

Has anybody gotten this much on Firestarter yet?
I can't remember if this was a Pro Job or not but It's only the second time I've gotten a payday above 1 Million

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I got 1.3 mil last night. Someone else probably got a higher amount since we got kinda stiffed on the FBI lockup and I don't think it was a pro job.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

This is totally outdated, the new hotness is Jewelry heist (if it ever comes up) or Ukrainian Job since both can be completed pretty quickly even solo. Same with Mallcrasher though that's dependent on explosives. Four stores you basically have to use the saw to get out in under 5 minutes.

You can't solo Jewelry Store or Mallcrasher or Ukrainian or Nightclub with a saw, and I'm specifically only interested in weapon mods as mentioned.

In other news, here is crimenet.jpg:

All I wanted was a quick game during my lunch break.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 19, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Broose posted:

I love being a tech with a 308.

I've hit that magic point in leveling where I need to get my pager skill again and joker and then am going Tech to get my 308 up to awesome yet will have to grind forever.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The really annoying part about crime.net is that it doesn't just let you choose difficulty. I have little interest in anything but overkill and overkill/pro. When levels require 150k+ per, it is a waste to do anything else.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

beedeebee posted:

RE: all the talk (a couple of pages ago) about this game not running on an integrated Intel graphic card, do you guys think it'll run on a Radeon HD 8730M? I have the Intel HD 4000 or whatever it's called in my laptop, and then I have that Radeon as a secondary card. I googled a bit, and found not much info, so I thought I'd ask here.

In my non-expert checking, it *should* be okay. The issue with the Intel HD was less the strength of it and more the fact that it was integrated rather than discrete like your Radeon card is.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

Phuzun posted:

The really annoying part about crime.net is that it doesn't just let you choose difficulty. I have little interest in anything but overkill and overkill/pro. When levels require 150k+ per, it is a waste to do anything else.

I feel pretty much the same way. Occasionally it's nice to play through a normal difficulty mission and just walk over the cops. It's a nice change of pace after cutting through legions of walking tank cops.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Phuzun posted:

Here is how to fix crime.net: make difficulty something you pick after picking the heist, and make sure all non-pro heists have a fixed location on the map where they always show up, that way you can always do whatever heist you want at whatever difficulty you want.

But they probably won't make any changes to crime.net, because not being able to do the good heists is probably by design, to stop people trying to get around the stupid grind stuff by repeating the heists whose rewards aren't balanced.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Weird, today I can't join on certain Goons through the steam chat, despite there being a spot open.

I can join games fine in game, just not on people through the chat (greyed out). They can't invite me either :iiam:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Has anyone data mined the effects the attachments have on guns? Are those barrel attachments really increasing damage? Is recoil really being affected? Inquiring minds want to know.

fujifisher
Sep 3, 2006

Hi there!

Pimpmust posted:

Weird, today I can't join on certain Goons through the steam chat, despite there being a spot open.

I can join games fine in game, just not on people through the chat (greyed out). They can't invite me either :iiam:

If you're not on their friends list they have to set the game to Public.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

fujifisher posted:

If you're not on their friends list they have to set the game to Public.

Or set it to private and have the host send invites.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Dice_ posted:

Has anybody gotten this much on Firestarter yet?
I can't remember if this was a Pro Job or not but It's only the second time I've gotten a payday above 1 Million
As posted awhile ago, I got more than that. :colbert:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
How do you get 17 bags? Getting lucky with the bank's deposit boxes and getting into the Evidence room?

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Kamikaze! Best mask for a Shotgun Jesus spec.

(Pictured: not a shotgun.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Cheston posted:

How do you get 17 bags? Getting lucky with the bank's deposit boxes and getting into the Evidence room?

Yeah, pretty much. 4 seems to be the max for evidence room and the deposit boxes tend to spit out 2-4 if you get them all open as well.

• Locked thread