Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Holy poo poo I'm going Ghost/Mastermind to Joker. That's amazing. The pager is simply going to be divine. Maybe Ghost/Armor piercing where ever they put it. God drat I can't explain how excited that makes me.

Edit: Also hell yes to lobby changes. That too is the greatest poo poo ever. Man I'm stoked now. I've been having a lot of fun tearing through framing Frames. I think tonight we did it in Over Kill Pro in around 45 minutes. Had a blast too. Gonna try Big Oil when I get a chance too, maybe bank heist as well.

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Scumbag posted:

How about this? Run with a group for a while, and while the C4 guy is doing his thing, grab a bag of jewelry and throw it on the street, then go back in for the second one and throw it on the street too. After a while, one of the guys will learn that he is supposed to take the bags off the street and put them in the van and you'll notice he waits for the bags in the street every time.

Once you've established that pattern and have done it a good number of times so he takes everything for granted, it's time to change it up.

As soon as the job starts, run into the store like you usually do but kill a couple of people and bag up a body. Throw it out onto the street then go back and bag up the other one, throw that on the street too. By this time the safe should be blown. Go back to the van and wait like nothing has changed.

Edit: Another one is this: Just do the Ukranian run normally right up until the end. Make sure you're the last one out of the store. Once everyone is in the escape zone, run up against the back of the van (it isn't counted as the escape zone) hit "t" and type "How do I get in the van???". Time it right so you get enough time to hear people rage over mic or text. It shouldn't be long before the van then leaves. I should mention I didn't make this one up, it happened to me last Friday night. I really hope the guy was trolling, but I've seen some pretty stupid people in this game.

I wish trollbagging worked but you can't bag corpses once a map goes hot.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Regarding Joker, am I right in guessing that you can only have one active Cop-pet at any time? Trying to convert another says your "Persuasion Was Resisted".

Does this mean that if you have two dudes with Joker, you can potentially have two Cop-pets running around? Up to four technically if you have a team specced out with it?

In other news, I'm wanting to get myself way higher level asap so I went from Mastermind/Enforcer to Shaped Charge technician. I tend to play with a bunch of friends when heisting properly but I'll not subject friends to grinding, I'll do that on my own time. I'd just rather be a higher level when it comes time to start rolling whatever new heists OK starts throwing at us.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Aliginge posted:

Regarding Joker, am I right in guessing that you can only have one active Cop-pet at any time? Trying to convert another says your "Persuasion Was Resisted".

Does this mean that if you have two dudes with Joker, you can potentially have two Cop-pets running around? Up to four technically if you have a team specced out with it?

Yes. Generally you want to choose the heavy hitters to convert though (Heavy FBI).

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Those filters will only work when browsing for public lobbies, not when picking a new job from inside your own lobby, so basically it's a mostly useless change.

But hey, it's a start!

Is extended mag in Technician worth it? I've got bulletproof and I'm level 48, so I'm kind of ready to move on to a different tree, but I'm wondering if I should hang around just a little bit longer and grab this? I've got the AMR and Deagle now, but after I realized maybe I shouldn't bring BOTH items on missions that aren't relatively quickly, since they run out pretty fast. So I'm wondering how much extended mag will change that.

Also trying to decide what tree to go down next. I'm thinking Mastermind, or perhaps ghost to work towards Lucky. Or enforcer? There's so many good ideas in every tree.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yes. Generally you want to choose the heavy hitters to convert though (Heavy FBI).

This is true, but it's worth converting whenever you have the opportunity. Even a normal SWAT can take down a few cops and soak up some shots for you.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Would....extended mag give you more than two shots with the Mosconi? :stare:

Bulletstorm Mosconi aside ofc

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Is there an open 4 pack I could jump on for this? I loved the first one, and I'm looking forward to some hoxtornation.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a dream;

4 Masterminds, 4 Tan-Joker Feds, and a mountain of bodies :allears:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Acquire Currency! posted:

I have a dream;

4 Masterminds, 4 Tan-Joker Feds, and a mountain of bodies :allears:

I had it up to three once, it's pretty neat to see but also somewhat dull since the Cop Buddies just tank all the incoming units and you don't need to do anything.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Aliginge posted:

Would....extended mag give you more than two shots with the Mosconi? :stare:

Bulletstorm Mosconi aside ofc

No, it does not work with the Mosconi or Bronco. However, it does make other things hilarious, like a 21 shell count for the Rienfeld, 25 clip count for the Deagle, etc.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Stealthed Zombie posted:

But hey, it's a start!

Is extended mag in Technician worth it? I've got bulletproof and I'm level 48, so I'm kind of ready to move on to a different tree, but I'm wondering if I should hang around just a little bit longer and grab this? I've got the AMR and Deagle now, but after I realized maybe I shouldn't bring BOTH items on missions that aren't relatively quickly, since they run out pretty fast. So I'm wondering how much extended mag will change that.

Also trying to decide what tree to go down next. I'm thinking Mastermind, or perhaps ghost to work towards Lucky. Or enforcer? There's so many good ideas in every tree.

I'd suggest start building into other trees because levels are going to be few and far between very soon for you. Things to consider: smooth talker, dominator, body baggery, bag tossing. All those are fairly low hanging fruit. If you have a higher tier goal in mind then just focus on that, grabbing anything useful on the way up.

I have an extended mag mod on my AMR and while it's nice, it doesn't do anything for overall ammo pool and it's rare that you need 38 bullets instead of 30.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is it worth acing Dominator or should I just respec it back to Basic?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

These are the skills that everyone should have: http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/blankslate/

Go where you want from there, but you'll be extremely useful to your team and you only need to be level 20 to get there.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Knightmare posted:

I'd suggest start building into other trees because levels are going to be few and far between very soon for you. Things to consider: smooth talker, dominator, body baggery, bag tossing. All those are fairly low hanging fruit. If you have a higher tier goal in mind then just focus on that, grabbing anything useful on the way up.

I have an extended mag mod on my AMR and while it's nice, it doesn't do anything for overall ammo pool and it's rare that you need 38 bullets instead of 30.

Thanks. I'll safely ignore extended mag then. I think I'm going to clean up my the tree though and try to lighten it up a bit since I've got some skills in there I don't think are really being used at all. I've got 2.7mil, plus the 1mil I get back from respeccing should give me enough to rebuild the tree back to something more manageable and free up some skill points in the process. It may not leave me with much money left over but that's easy to grind out.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Couple pages back but this is entirely false. The breaching shotgun took up a whole slot and had 6 shots (it's rarely worth shooting a door open when you can just lockpick it though since lockpicking took maybe 15 seconds), so you'd think you could use it as an additional weapon. Wrong, the breaching shells do zero damage unless you are within 1 foot of the guy you're attacking. Most everybody I know who played SWAT 4 took C2 charges since in addition to opening the door they had the habit of killing and/or stunning anybody who was behind it.

Oh yes.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Thanks. I'll safely ignore extended mag then. I think I'm going to clean up my the tree though and try to lighten it up a bit since I've got some skills in there I don't think are really being used at all. I've got 2.7mil, plus the 1mil I get back from respeccing should give me enough to rebuild the tree back to something more manageable and free up some skill points in the process. It may not leave me with much money left over but that's easy to grind out.

Extended mag gives you +5, which was quite nice on the M308 and Locomotive, but it depends if you think you can use those 4 points better elsewhere. (You probably can).

Couple pages back but this is entirely false. The breaching shotgun took up a whole slot and had 6 shots (it's rarely worth shooting a door open when you can just lockpick it though since lockpicking took maybe 15 seconds), so you'd think you could use it as an additional weapon. Wrong, the breaching shells do zero damage unless you are within 1 foot of the guy you're attacking. Most everybody I know who played SWAT 4 took C2 charges since in addition to opening the door they had the habit of killing and/or stunning anybody who was behind it.

Sorry you hate fun, but opening doors with shotguns was :krad:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Last night has swayed me from "I think people are over-reacting about the card thing" to "fix it fix it fix it". Completed maybe 10 missions totaled, and "won" a cash bonus 6 times. Two of the non-cash cards were identical magazine mods for a pistol I don't own.

Biggest kick in the pants was a $3,000 cash bonus on a $960,000 stealth Framing Frame payday. The cash bonuses should at least have some kind of check or threshold relating to your payday money :sigh:

On the plus side, got the Loco mag extender. 33% increase is aaaammaaaazing on that thing. Also Iron Man is pretty cool and saws are way more fun than the stupid passive crap bonuses I was running with in Technician before switching specs.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Pleads posted:

Also Iron Man is pretty cool and saws are way more fun than the stupid passive crap bonuses I was running with in Technician before switching specs.

I respecced from 54 points in Technician to 0 points in Technician and the only loss I feel is the shaped charges.

Icesler
Jul 7, 2005
I played with some goons last night trying to stealth bank heist gold pro job. I am primarily ghost/mastermind so I could stealth almost the whole thing up until controlling civies. Everyone else was mainly enforcer so I felt kinda bad for them not being able to do anything until I said so. We just about had it until some invisible civie called the cops. I was loaded out for stealth so I got worried that I would be downed instantly. Surprisingly enough, our host seemed to have some lag issues which caused only about 10% of the enemy AI to actually do anything. They would just run and then stand still. Our drills had issues too where they would finish but not open and we would have to ask the host what the clock says.

Seeing how the enemies weren't doing much, we were able to pick every deposit box but the drill animations were still running. I don't think it registered our loot accurately either seeing how we only got 300k. Anyone have this happen yet?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I had a bank job the other day where my crew all saw the normal bank, but I was able to place a camera and set fire to a giant pile of cash which did damage to me.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
It doesn't take that many points to be able to stealth effectively as all classes. You just need 12 points in Mastermind and 9 in Ghost and you can answer extra pagers, dominate a guard and move bodies around. You can have that and get most of the good stuff in tech/enforcer at about level 55 which isn't too rough.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I had it up to three once, it's pretty neat to see but also somewhat dull since the Cop Buddies just tank all the incoming units and you don't need to do anything.

Yeah anything over two is overkill, would rather have an enforcer at that point. Having multiple masterminds is great because not only are MMs usually better at not shooting your handcuffed cops, it's much easier to find one that you can convert with multiple people using dominator, even when you have a copbuddy you can dominate another cop for somebody to use. Plus it's hilarious to have everybody shouting at every enemy that gets in close.

I was grinding last night and I ended up in a pub lobby, where the host was able to rerun Ukrainian Job repeatedly with no downtime in between. After completing a run and choosing cards, we'd go back to the lobby and he would immediately get the same contract. It never said he was browsing crimenet or anything. It was pretty good xp while it lasted, but I had to do other things and I was afraid that's the kind of exploit they would ban people for.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 22, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I had enough fun now that I can fill out a tree and parts of the other trees to fully round out my character. I may try to organize gimmick heists for the rich people to fully respec for, but I don't want to go through 200000 for one level and Overkill lost its charm.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Foehammer posted:

I respecced from 54 points in Technician to 0 points in Technician and the only loss I feel is the shaped charges.

This is a huge problem with Tech, and I hope they're going to overhaul the tree if they're adding new skills in now. This is why I'm not sure whether I'd rather the AP skill be in Ghost or Tech - Tech is overall the worst tree, but Ghost is mostly non-combat skills and it'd be nice for them to get another combat one.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Do silencers have any bonus once things go hot? I was thinking about the silencer penaltt-negating skills in the ghost tree and they seem kinda useless to me. I have never had issues taking out guards with my basic silenced pistol because if the first shot doesn't get them then I just shoot them again.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Do silencers have any bonus once things go hot? I was thinking about the silencer penaltt-negating skills in the ghost tree and they seem kinda useless to me. I have never had issues taking out guards with my basic silenced pistol because if the first shot doesn't get them then I just shoot them again.

They reduce recoil. I have one on my 308 because I'm not a tech and it doesn't reduce my TTK at all.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bocc Kob posted:

I had a bank job the other day where my crew all saw the normal bank, but I was able to place a camera and set fire to a giant pile of cash which did damage to me.

Payday: The Line?

Icesler
Jul 7, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I have noticed that cops are less likely to focus on you if you are shooting with a silencer.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Does anyone have any hard numbers on how much each suppressor reduces your damage by and if the Silent Killer talent offsets the damage entirely or only partially?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is a huge problem with Tech, and I hope they're going to overhaul the tree if they're adding new skills in now. This is why I'm not sure whether I'd rather the AP skill be in Ghost or Tech - Tech is overall the worst tree, but Ghost is mostly non-combat skills and it'd be nice for them to get another combat one.

Wherever they put it, I hope every pubbie gets it. I'm tired of overkill UJs screwing up and watching lovely pubs not do any damage once tan swat guys show up.

I wonder if they penetrate shields?

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.

Bolow posted:

Does anyone have any hard numbers on how much each suppressor reduces your damage by and if the Silent Killer talent offsets the damage entirely or only partially?

No idea how it was made.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That chart says that the pistol skill reduces the crosskill damage for some reason.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Icesler posted:

I played with some goons last night trying to stealth bank heist gold pro job. I am primarily ghost/mastermind so I could stealth almost the whole thing up until controlling civies. Everyone else was mainly enforcer so I felt kinda bad for them not being able to do anything until I said so. We just about had it until some invisible civie called the cops. I was loaded out for stealth so I got worried that I would be downed instantly. Surprisingly enough, our host seemed to have some lag issues which caused only about 10% of the enemy AI to actually do anything. They would just run and then stand still. Our drills had issues too where they would finish but not open and we would have to ask the host what the clock says.

Every successful stealth mission I've ever been a part of hinges on one man doing all the work, with the occasion that a second might be needed for a pager. Four guys all trying to be useful doing stealth is almost guaranteed to blow it, so I don't even feel bad about the other three just hanging out.

edit: Which is getting harder now that so many are so insistent that they know the best drat way to run a job and won't hear otherwise, and start telling everyone what they need to do and making it stupidly complicated. Just a week ago everyone was content to sit back and watch to learn, now suddenly I have some guy telling me what to do next and making everything over-complicated. Just sit in the parking lot and wait to get your money. :mad:

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 22, 2013

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
That's silencer + Silent Killer + pistol damage skill.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Broseph Brostar posted:

That chart says that the pistol skill reduces the crosskill damage for some reason.

That's with a silencer, though. Some pistols take a larger damage hit for it.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Slim Killington posted:

Every successful stealth mission I've ever been a part of hinges on one man doing all the work, with the occasion that a second might be needed for a pager. Four guys all trying to be useful doing stealth is almost guaranteed to blow it, so I don't even feel bad about the other three just hanging out.

A person with Shinobi + Smooth Talker + Cleaner hanging out by each entrance on the bank is nice so one person doesn't have to spend 15 minutes sprinting back and forth across the roof waiting for the random patrol to head outside. Evidence: My enforcer thug and that guard I took out on our bank run yesterday. I felt so useful :3:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

K. Farb posted:

No idea how it was made.

That to me looks like whoever made the chart just looked at the bars in the game and calculated damage values from that, as pretty much nothing listed in it is in the game files.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I need to get Lucky Charms and C4, but that would involve being like, level 80. All I want is a red Oni mask; everything else is poo poo. :negative:
I have an Oni Mask with Blood Red material :smug:

I just need to get, like, a pattern. And paint. Of which I have gotten neither in two dozen hours of heists :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I almost exclusively use the Oni mask with gold on it. Best mask.

I have piles of materials and colors, a few of them infamous ones, and no masks to put them on. There are like, 3 masks in the entire game that aren't dumb. I have the slime material burning a hole in my pocket and no Cthulhu or Kenneth mask to put it on.

• Locked thread