Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

If you saw the VMAs last night you probably saw Miley Cyrus' performance in which she stripped down and twerked (with? what is the correct phrase here?) Robin Thicke, something I'm sure his wife enjoyed watching very much. Will Smith and his family certainly did:

Who do you think Miley will twerk next?

Beetlejuice?

An anglerfish?

source images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Will Smith's reaction is priceless

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Do kids even watch MTV any more? I'm 25 and I think all their shows are boring. They're like a 24 hour threadshit.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
The Buggles were right.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Why does she have to stick her tongue out every three seconds in the video for that song? Also, nothing hotter than a white girl with a pancake for an rear end twerking.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy

Machai posted:

Will Smith and his family certainly did:

He should've taken that mic from her and stared her down with shame like he took the candlestick away from Carlton doing his Tom Jones dance.

SwivelTits2000
Jan 17, 2007
Retarded

BeefThief posted:

Do kids even watch MTV any more? I'm 25 and I think all their shows are boring. They're like a 24 hour threadshit.

No. Nobody watches MTV ever. Their advertising reaches zero viewers. That's how they can afford to keep operating.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

BeefThief posted:

You're old. Welcome to being old.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
I must not get out much as the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the word twerk was this Arthurian legend about a dude boar with barber tools in his mane and thought it was a racist joke.

:effort:

Toadsniff fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 26, 2013

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

awesome-express posted:

Each one is pretty good, actually. I'm a fan of the guy on the right who's just looking away.

SwivelTits2000
Jan 17, 2007
Retarded

haljordan posted:

Why does she have to stick her tongue out every three seconds in the video for that song?

Because so random etc.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't get all the hate; that performance was pretty much up there with Cats from Broadway.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Not enough love for this one. Corn.jpg lives on in the heart of goons everywhere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

This is amazing. Also the fact that I get what this is makes me embarrassed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Machai posted:

Who do you think Miley will twerk next?

Beetlejuice?

I would watch this, Miley is about as disgusting as Beetlejuice anyways.

At least Beetlejuice has talent.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Machai posted:

Beetlejuice?

This is beautiful and a great way to start the week, thank you!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

awesome-express posted:

The Smith family is reacting to Lady Gaga's performance, actually.

I find it a little disturbing how much hate there is for Miley, not just here either. Her performance wasn't my thing, but I can admire her for getting on stage and doing something unconventional and weird on television.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I feel like this thread reached peak with the beetlejuice shop, but I am prepared to eat these words.

Edit: Also the performance itself I thought was pretty standard, I mean Madonna has pretty much done the same poo poo at least two or three times on live TV.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Somberbrero posted:

I find it a little disturbing how much hate there is for Miley, not just here either. Her performance wasn't my thing, but I can admire her for getting on stage and doing something unconventional and weird on television.

Because she's not a talented performer and also she looks like Billy Ray Cyrus.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Machai posted:

Beetlejuice?

This is really great and I love it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Somberbrero posted:

You consider twerking a worthwhile performance? Next thing you are going to tell me is that daggering is an art form.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

Toadsniff posted:

I must not get out much as the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the word twerk was this Arthurian legend about a dude boar with barber tools in his mane and thought it was a racist joke.

My first exposure to twerk was in the phrase "black girls twerk better than white girls because they have better asses for it, it's like genetic or something" so up until a few days ago I didn't know it wasn't racist, so no it's not just you.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!

Agrajag posted:

You consider twerking a worthwhile performance? Next thing you are going to tell me is that daggering is an art form.

Art is pain, daggering results in penis fractures so there's got to be a connection.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Machai posted:

If you saw the VMAs last night you probably saw Miley Cyrus' performance in which she stripped down and twerked (with? what is the correct phrase here?)

I'm not sure, but my gut feeling says that twerk is intransitive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For those old out of touch people like me, here is a twerking instructional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoyVRO0A0E

I tried it. I think I put my back out. :corsair:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
I'm more concerned with what else might be hiding in the chest cavity of the 30 foot Cylon teddy bear.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Angela Christine posted:

For those old out of touch people like me, here is a twerking instructional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoyVRO0A0E

I tried it. I think I put my back out. :corsair:

Rookie mistake, you're supposed to back dat rear end IN, not out.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
To my chagrin I have found out that twerking is passé, and the new thing is indeed daggering. Get with the times MTV, fucks sake.

VVV You want a real performance? Check this: NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNSTNKF9O0 NWS

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 26, 2013

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

I saw a clip from it and it didnt seem like much of a performance at all.

Now this is a performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-dbfR_wFM

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Agrajag posted:

You consider twerking a worthwhile performance?

If it's so easy, let's see you do it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

No 'shop replacing Thicke with Will Smith yet, I am thoroughly disappointed.

Edit: would love to contribute one but I'm at work with no computer (that isn't being used for sound mixing.) Alas.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 26, 2013

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

1st AD posted:

Because she's not a talented performer and also she looks like Billy Ray Cyrus.

I like my artists the way I like my noodles, mashed to a paste and extruded by a machine to exacting tolerances.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Agrajag posted:

These ladies are booked solid from twerking and might be bringing twerking to germany. So it seems pretty worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDur4skem-8

It definitely hit its peak with mr ghettos classic video "walmart"

(nws, i guess)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYSTIdokcOs

mr ghetto went on to try and kill his neighbour and was involved in a 6 hour standoff with a swat team before being charged with three counts of extortion.

possible link to twerking and organized crime?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dad getting in on the action.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Limastock posted:

I saw a clip from it and it didnt seem like much of a performance at all.

Now this is a performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-dbfR_wFM

I don't think Miley could pull that off. Then again, Michael would have looked pretty silly twerking in rubber underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

• Locked thread