Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Can someone in the OP add how to get a hold of other goons who still play this please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
Holy patch notes, Batman!

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/patch-1114b-coming-pendragon

In short, assassins can't weapon swap DoT poisons for insane DPS any more, Warlocks can't insta-gib zergs any more, Hib casters now have incredible group synergy around Energy nukes, celerity was revamped a bit, NS and disease timers are shorter, and cure NS is available in some of the BGs with the right spec. Whew.

This part of patch 1.114 focuses on class balance, and the whispers in the wind indicate that 1.114c will wrap up this version with some changes to the frontiers to hopefully make things a little different and more interesting.

If you're not quite sure yet if you should care about this patch, here are all of the classes that were directly changed:
Animist
Bard
Berserker
Bonedancer
Cabalist
Champion
Cleric
Druid
Eldritch
Enchanter
Friar
Healer
Heretic
Infiltrator
Mauler
Mercenary
Mentalist
Nightshade
Paladin
Ranger
Reaver
Runemaster
Savage
Scout
Shadowblade
Shaman
Skald
Sorcerer
Spiritmaster
Thane
Theurgist
Warden
Warlock
Warrior
Wizard
Valewalker

...which pretty much leaves only a few tanks that weren't directly changed, but will still be impacted by celerity changes and other things. So, you should probably go read the notes at the very least to get acquainted with everything, or go test on Pendragon to see how the changes affect your characters.

SoggyGravy posted:

Can someone in the OP add how to get a hold of other goons who still play this please?

Yes! What would you like to see? As far as contacting goons outside of the game, there isn't much set up yet, so we could look at an IRC channel or something along those lines. As far as in-game, that's just a matter of looking at the post with the names of who's playing and doing /who <name> in your realm of choice.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Haven't warlocks been redesigned 'to stop instakilling' like four times now? I played one when they first dropped, fun, then took a break and came back after the first 'nerf' and it was boring and not useful.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

Jonny 290 posted:

Haven't warlocks been redesigned 'to stop instakilling' like four times now? I played one when they first dropped, fun, then took a break and came back after the first 'nerf' and it was boring and not useful.

This feels like a bigger change at least, compared to some tweaks before. They should still come out of this as a strong casting class, but no longer Kobold atomic bombs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, I'll be doing a little Albion/Uthgard until Elder Scrolls comes out. Anyone want to join? I got my mumble set up with a channel. Mbl9.gameservers.com/10035. Add Kazvall on steam if you want, as well, and we could coordinate times.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry to post twice. Come on around 11pm EST tonight, to start some new characters on Uthgard! Download daoc from the main website, and then get daoc portal.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
In as Jerkjerk on Uthgard if any dudes want to group up in Albion

Or not since the client can't loving decide to let me walk around anymore.

Werkwerk fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 1, 2013

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I rolled a ranger on Uthgard and have been leveling up bros, I'm in as Oatzbrah

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 1, 2013

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Werkwerk posted:

In as Jerkjerk on Uthgard if any dudes want to group up in Albion

Or not since the client can't loving decide to let me walk around anymore.

Dude. Can you STILL not move?

lemonslol posted:

I rolled a ranger on Uthgard and have been leveling up bros, I'm in as Oatzbrah

We're on Albion, haha.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 1, 2013

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Kazvall posted:

Dude. Can you STILL not move?

We're on Albion, haha.

BUMMER ! I guess we will see each other in the RVR

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lemonslol posted:

BUMMER ! I guess we will see each other in the RVR

Which will be about a month from now with this exp curve.

Megalowhale
Nov 11, 2011

This whale is a wizard. You'd be wise not to disturb him.
I am a VERY off-and-on daoc player these days, but incase you wanted to add someone to Midgard on the players post, I have quite a few characters there.

Parabola - Skald
Stinkfisted - Hunter
Stinkfister - Berserker
Eightinchesunbuffed - Shaman, typically used as buffbot
I also have a few others that are a lot less played.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jerkjerk, the reason you couldnt move before was because you need to register your email with Uthgard.

Delogic, you must really like Tool.

Megalowhale
Nov 11, 2011

This whale is a wizard. You'd be wise not to disturb him.

Kazvall posted:

Jerkjerk, the reason you couldnt move before was because you need to register your email with Uthgard.

Delogic, you must really like Tool.

Ha, I used to listen to them a lot more, until I found bands like Oceansize that took and improved upon their formula in every way.

I never did try Uthgard, is there a steady amount of rvr on there? Lots of emain whoring like the olden days? :haw:

Megalowhale fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 2, 2013

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Im no where near 50 yet, but it seems there is decent rvr with keeps changing hands a lot. There are about 600-800 people on during primetime. And yes, its OF.

Rodney Chops
Jan 5, 2006
Exceedingly Narrow Minded
I play uthgard on Albion. In game I am 'Tickityboo' in the M Y T H guild. Lvl 50 theuro, earth spec.

I have a house and fairly esablished, I have some low level alts I could play with you guys. I can also provide some money so you can go raid the housing sector for starter items. Unfortunatly they just nerfed housing, so many people are losing their houses with the new rules.

I have a master 1000+ tailor, and a 850ish alchemist. If you need cloth or leather armor, I can hook you up with a set. More importantly once you get to lvl 15 I can get you some procs for your weapons.

PM here, or send me a message in game. I'll add you guys as house friends also.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seems not too many people play but me. I don't want to gouge you too hard. But, some help could be nice. I'll hit you up later.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Small update for a dying thread. I made it to 50, and am an officer in a great guild in the largest alliance in Alb. We offer free gear up to level 35. Dont be afraid to hit me up if anyone is on the fence about playing. Rvr is still amazing. I rolled a full group of mids in dodens yesterday with just an inf buddy. Tickityboo I havent seen you on. Can you email me at kazvall @ hotmail . com?

I am Kazvall in game, in the Divine Lords guild.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Kazvall posted:

Small update for a dying thread. I made it to 50, and am an officer in a great guild in the largest alliance in Alb. We offer free gear up to level 35. Dont be afraid to hit me up if anyone is on the fence about playing. Rvr is still amazing. I rolled a full group of mids in dodens yesterday with just an inf buddy. Tickityboo I havent seen you on. Can you email me at kazvall @ hotmail . com?

I am Kazvall in game, in the Divine Lords guild.

Are there people to level with? First time I tried Uthgard I quit during the mid 20s when it was just me alone in DF for an eternity.

Now that I think about it, I've never tried an Alb outside of the PvP server...

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Are there people to level with? First time I tried Uthgard I quit during the mid 20s when it was just me alone in DF for an eternity.

Now that I think about it, I've never tried an Alb outside of the PvP server...

Most solo until the mid 20s or so in every realm. Not to say groups below that don't exist. Being proactive and forming groups with /who will always be your best bet.
When I leveled through alb on a friar about 6 months ago groups were easy to come by. The prime time population since then has since increased. (Due to the Camelot Unchained announcement? I guess.)
Alb also seems to have the highest concentration of North American players. I'm actually going to try and get back into this, I always end up burning out right around when I get into Thidranki.

I'll shoot you a message Kazvall, I doubt I'll need gear, but a guild would be cool. Going to roll a paladin. I'll just need to some how transfer stuff over from Mid if I take this game seriously this time around. I'm sitting on about 150p worth of jewelry on a nicely temped zerker over there.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, I tasked to 20 on my minstrel while autotraining. It was painful. As soon as that was over and I found a guild it got much better. Being proactive definitely helps a lot. I led a 60 man summoners hall raid. Was able to get 43-47 in 4 hours.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
The "new" questing system makes levelling pretty easy actually. It's geared so that even solo healer can progress pretty quickly. It starts out in Cotswold and finishes up around level 48.

arroze
Sep 23, 2010

right, so don't enter?
If you can get into a group of levelers (not rvr) in battlegrounds, that's by far the fastest xp to be had until the Molvik BG.

I find the glass guests on the main island in Atlantis the best xp after that, plus free glass/afrits that you can use to level a few artifacts.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

They were talking about leveling on Uthgard, I think. It seems like most people are playing Uthgard now. Is that accurate?

If so, I'll go back and edit the early post to let people know Uthgard is the more active server for goons. :)

arroze
Sep 23, 2010

right, so don't enter?
yeah i was talking about Ywain... it's got tons of people playing.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.
IS a skald or minst pretty easy to level on Uthgard? Wouldn't mind giving the old school ago again.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Shux posted:

IS a skald or minst pretty easy to level on Uthgard? Wouldn't mind giving the old school ago again.

Skald would probably be easiest in the early/mid levels. It's also extremely beneficial to auto-train a minstrel, so it's super painful to level one without instruments. Also much more expensive to template out a minstrel if you do stick with it.

Then there's the whole "minstrel issue" in alb, that I'm sure Kazvall from this thread can confirm, unless Alb has had a massive shift in thought.
Minstrels are pretty much not wanted outside of XP groups or maybe stealth groups/duos. Every single Alb group will take a Theurgist over a Minstrel for role of interrupter, and certainly a merc or reaver for DPS. While I wholeheartedly disagree with this view - a well played Minstrel offers stupid amounts of utility to a group - the entirety of the Alb realm does not.

Also to Kaz, sorry, I got sidetracked and have been playing Mid again.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

Skald would probably be easiest in the early/mid levels. It's also extremely beneficial to auto-train a minstrel, so it's super painful to level one without instruments. Also much more expensive to template out a minstrel if you do stick with it.

Then there's the whole "minstrel issue" in alb, that I'm sure Kazvall from this thread can confirm, unless Alb has had a massive shift in thought.
Minstrels are pretty much not wanted outside of XP groups or maybe stealth groups/duos. Every single Alb group will take a Theurgist over a Minstrel for role of interrupter, and certainly a merc or reaver for DPS. While I wholeheartedly disagree with this view - a well played Minstrel offers stupid amounts of utility to a group - the entirety of the Alb realm does not.

Shouldn't you be out there for secondary CC? a 9 second stun, and a charm? Any alb group not taking a mins is putting themselves at a serious disadvantage. While the Theurgist is a better interrupter, no other class offers speed 6.

Edit:

If anyone is on ywan alb and needs some mins gear or help templating I can give a hand.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Twlight posted:

Shouldn't you be out there for secondary CC? a 9 second stun, and a charm? Any alb group not taking a mins is putting themselves at a serious disadvantage. While the Theurgist is a better interrupter, no other class offers speed 6.

Edit:

If anyone is on ywan alb and needs some mins gear or help templating I can give a hand.

Well, you would think so. But it has some logic to it, alb groups lose out on a lot of dps bringing in a minst, and a minst is inherently more complex and a lot easier to gently caress up on than say a merc or theurg.

Coincidentally albs pull in the least amount of rps every week.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

Well, you would think so. But it has some logic to it, alb groups lose out on a lot of dps bringing in a minst, and a minst is inherently more complex and a lot easier to gently caress up on than say a merc or theurg.

Coincidentally albs pull in the least amount of rps every week.

I assume this is on Uthgard? Albs should never be losing a DPS battle on pure casters, body debuff train is insane DPS when done right. But then again, finding 8 competent people to fill all those positions isn't easy. I did level a mins to 50 on uthgard but I don't remember any of my account information.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Uthgard RVR regulars are not typically the pinnacle of skill.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

You are correct in that a Minstrel is not looked for in a raid group. Everyone is looking for Cleric/Paladin/Theurg/Reaver. This is why I lead my own raids and groups. I have a pretty amazing template using quest/df accessories. Hit me up if you need it! I only autoed to 20 for 50/32/29.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Twlight posted:

I assume this is on Uthgard? Albs should never be losing a DPS battle on pure casters, body debuff train is insane DPS when done right. But then again, finding 8 competent people to fill all those positions isn't easy. I did level a mins to 50 on uthgard but I don't remember any of my account information.

Yeah, this is on Uthgard. Caster groups really don't work very well on Uth. They tend to just get ran over by the standard group: SoS and charge Tanks. Alb groups will sometimes run a cabalist for nearsight. Likewise for Hibs with elds, and mids with runemasters.

A properly played extend group could easily destroy everything it came in contact with.

Kazvall posted:

You are correct in that a Minstrel is not looked for in a raid group. Everyone is looking for Cleric/Paladin/Theurg/Reaver. This is why I lead my own raids and groups. I have a pretty amazing template using quest/df accessories. Hit me up if you need it! I only autoed to 20 for 50/32/29.

I wouldn't mind taking a gander at it, I've had a longing for some kind of stealther on Uthgard for awhile but have just never bothered due to the extreme cost in operating one competitively. That and the fact that rangers exist is extremely discouraging.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I wouldn't mind taking a gander at it, I've had a longing for some kind of stealther on Uthgard for awhile but have just never bothered due to the extreme cost in operating one competitively. That and the fact that rangers exist is extremely discouraging.

Well, I get +11 stealth/slash/instruments, 200 hits, 75 str/con/qui/charisma, 54 dex, capped resists except energy(23), matter(21), and spirit(15). This is using Taj1 cloak, secret orders quest bracer, and rest DF diamond accessories. The only semi-expensive thing is the Prince Sword. Anyways, I'll be on for a bit if anyone needs anything.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
As lovely PBAE bombing Albs, we had infinite fun standing our minstrel in super-high-traffic areas of old Emain and waiting for a few groups to run by, all auto-stuck, at which point he'd stun the leader straight out of stealth, which gave everybody about 2-3 seconds to stack up nicely on him for the sorc mez up the hill. Couldn't do that poo poo with a skald.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Kaz where have you been, idk why I'm in the guild and not making a new one with a super cool name if you're not going to be around to fund my alchemy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Kaz where have you been, idk why I'm in the guild and not making a new one with a super cool name if you're not going to be around to fund my alchemy.

Ahhhh sorry. Some real life crap came up. I'll be on a lot more starting this weekend.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
okay so is THIS game still running because warhammer is definitely not

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

GunganRevenge posted:

okay so is THIS game still running because warhammer is definitely not

On Uthgard there is usually about 1,000 people during primetime. At this moment there are 911 people. I know live is still pretty active, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Created a toon on Uthgard to break up the monotony when I couldn't find a group in Project 1999 EQ, does anyone from the thread still play on Uthgard? I'm in as Awwyiss a level 7 ranger.

• Locked thread