Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monkey Fracas posted:

I just looked up the list:

Metroid Fusion
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
Mario vs. Donkey_Kong
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

Alright Nintendo, clean up the emulation on these and proceed to print money. You bastards.

I bought my 3DS on the last day of the ambassador program and missed out registering by an hour :negative:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
So I got my 3DS XL yesterday. Red and black. Pretty happy with it so far. I spent most of last night applying screen protectors and setting it up and downloading games. I got a hori screen protector and a 32 gig SD card, and got most of my initial games through Game UK download codes. Thanks so much for the recommendation for that - I ended up getting NSMB2, Fire Emblem, 3D Land and Mario Kart through Game UK for cheaper than buying 3 games at retail here in Australia. I picked up Kid Icarus too at retail since they don't sell it in digital form because of the stand.

I've only played a couple of levels of both the Mario's so far, but the controls seemed to work well for both of them. Digital distribution is great. I love the fact that I can leave Kid Icarus in the cartridge slot and have access to all my other games on the home screen. Nice to see Nintendo slowly but surely getting with the times overall with their online shop and street pass stuff, even if they're still behind on a few things. It's pretty jarring going from the 3DS screens to my crystal clear phone screen, but it's great to be playing some substantial games with buttons!

So I saw the Nintendo Australia Animal Crossing promotion. Is there some website or database where you can find people who have spare codes who don't want them? It seems like thanks to the convoluted terms (having to buy Animal Crossing between certain dates, and then knowing someone who's bought a 3DS XL within the last month or so) that there'd be quite a few Aussies around who have a code but don't have anyone to share it with. Is this a thing? It'd be nice if they ran a normal bloody promotion and just gave all new XLs a download code.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I bought my 3DS on the last day of the ambassador program and missed out registering by an hour :negative:.

Contact Nintendo Support and give them your serial number, they may be able to help.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Gutcruncher posted:

The stand is nothing more than a liability. Except with VLR, that's a good game to play with it

I use my stand a lot, but mostly as a stand for my smartphone. Really good for programs (like Anki) which I use in conjunction with other sites or devices. It's also handy in those rare moments when you want to use the 3DS to watch Netflix. It's a little too small for a Kindle, unfortunately.

But yeah, if you're just playing Kid Icarus, you really don't need it. If your wrist gets tired it's just as easy to rest it on a table or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoctorWhat posted:

Contact Nintendo Support and give them your serial number, they may be able to help.

I did on the day. They said no :sigh:.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I did on the day. They said no :sigh:.

Hell, I'd try again.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

monkeu posted:

So I saw the Nintendo Australia Animal Crossing promotion. Is there some website or database where you can find people who have spare codes who don't want them? It seems like thanks to the convoluted terms (having to buy Animal Crossing between certain dates, and then knowing someone who's bought a 3DS XL within the last month or so) that there'd be quite a few Aussies around who have a code but don't have anyone to share it with. Is this a thing? It'd be nice if they ran a normal bloody promotion and just gave all new XLs a download code.
Don't know if mine has been taken since the last time I posted it in the thread, but you may as well give it a try.

Animal Crossing New Leaf Promo Code: 4NwY9sewHCwG6X8v0DIwXpJp

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Crawfish posted:

Don't know if mine has been taken since the last time I posted it in the thread, but you may as well give it a try.

I have since bought an XL and ACNL and have a code too. Let me know if Crawfish's one doesn't work.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
That doesn't work on American 3DSs, does it?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Psyker posted:

That doesn't work on American 3DSs, does it?

I'm pretty sure this is for Australian and NZ Club Nintendo accounts only.

P.S. Your avatar is way gross

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Crawfish posted:

You're awesome! Thanks so much, it worked! Can I buy you platinum or an avatar or something to say thanks? I really appreciate it.

neurotech posted:

I have since bought an XL and ACNL and have a code too. Let me know if Crawfish's one doesn't work.

Thanks so much for the offer too!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

drat, couldn't work out how to use the code in time. Did anybody else have a code that would work on an AU/NZ 3DS? I missed out on the promo too :( by being unable to read terms and conditions and relate them to the real world.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws the pogeymans) weighed in on the 2DS:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

monkeu posted:

You're awesome! Thanks so much, it worked! Can I buy you platinum or an avatar or something to say thanks? I really appreciate it.

Part of me wouldn't mind platinum, but at the same time, you don't owe me a thing man. That code was just lying around in my documents folder and somewhere in this thread somewhere. It ain't no thang.

Dehry posted:

Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws the pogeymans) weighed in on the 2DS:

Admittingly, I would be more interested in the 2DS if it could cook me up some sweet rice on the go.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 30, 2013

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Crawfish posted:

Part of me wouldn't mind platinum, but at the same time, you don't owe me a thing man. That code was just lying around in my documents folder and somewhere in this thread somewhere. It ain't no thang.

What's the best way to get the gift certificate code to you? Ten bucks is a pretty cheap way to say thanks for free Animal Crossing.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I have no idea. Guess you could gmail it or something.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Crawfish posted:

I have no idea. Guess you could gmail it or something.

I'll need your address!

Edit: got it. Sent! Thanks again!

monkeu fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 30, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Got the email. Thanks duder.

Now to find out where this code goes...

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 30, 2013

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is Pokemon X/Y going to have a digital version on the eShop? I was poking around on the official site, but didn't see it mentioned one way or the other. Is it just assumed that all first-party retail games get an eShop version now?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Minidust posted:

Is Pokemon X/Y going to have a digital version on the eShop? I was poking around on the official site, but didn't see it mentioned one way or the other. Is it just assumed that all first-party retail games get an eShop version now?

Yeah it's pretty safe to assume it'll be on eShop. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a sale where if you buy X, you can get 50% off Y or something. They've been doing sales like that on the Wii U eShop lately and Pokemon is basically perfect for it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
...I wonder, if you got both games digitally on the same 3DS, doesn't that mean you have no way of trading/transferring Pokemon between those two copies?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is trading suppose to work in Pokemon X/Y? Will you be able to trade with other players over the internet, or just in person?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

...I wonder, if you got both games digitally on the same 3DS, doesn't that mean you have no way of trading/transferring Pokemon between those two copies?

They could implement a system that scans for save data I guess?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You could still use the global trade.

EDIT: To clarify - I mean you could put something up for trade with X that you could then finish with your copy of Y. The biggest drawback with this would be having to actually have trades that were legitimate, so someone didn't see your Mewtwo up for a pidgey and snag it first or whatever.

Russad fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 30, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

They could implement a system that scans for save data I guess?
I want to say i've seen rumblings from them saying that they have no plans to do anything like this, but my mind is coming up blank on where I read it.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
So my 3DS locked up twice on me yesterday: Once when loading Mario & Luigi, it faded to the black screen and stayed there, and then a little while later, while attempting to close SwapNote and start up another game, it straight up froze. I've already backed up my SD card files last night, but I'm still worried that this will happen again and I'll lose my system data like all the StreetPass stuff. Are there any precautions I can take, or ways to back that data up?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Minidust posted:

All first party games get released on the eshop now but if there was any doubt the pokemon 3ds bundle in Japan comes with a digital copy.

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker

Crawfish posted:

I want to say i've seen rumblings from them saying that they have no plans to do anything like this, but my mind is coming up blank on where I read it.

Probably here. I wouldn't have expected them to make such a system anyway since it would go against the social aspect of pokemon Nintendo loves so much.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Russad posted:

You could still use the global trade.

EDIT: To clarify - I mean you could put something up for trade with X that you could then finish with your copy of Y. The biggest drawback with this would be having to actually have trades that were legitimate, so someone didn't see your Mewtwo up for a pidgey and snag it first or whatever.

The easy solution to this is to put your Pidgey up for a Mewtwo.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bit Trip Saga which is a compilation of all 6 Bit Trip games is on sale on the 3DS eShop for $4.99. Now I've never played these but always hear about them. The 6 for 1 at a price of $4.99 sounds amazing. Should I purchase?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/IVjL7Smg2TF8ya_IAhFo-FyRKECHT1fn

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Might as well. People have complained about glitches/lag and the ports aren't perfect but for $5 it's definitely worth it.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

If you don't mind never finishing a game, go ahead, I guess. Lag in a Bit.Trip game pretty much breaks it. While I can't confirm anything about the other games included in saga, I know that Runner's last stage is basically unplayable on the 3DS.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
They haven't announced an Advanced Wars for 3DS yet have they? What's the best alternative in the meantime? Ghost Recon? Is it any good?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

monkeu posted:

They haven't announced an Advanced Wars for 3DS yet have they? What's the best alternative in the meantime? Ghost Recon? Is it any good?

Ghost Recon is pretty good. Also, the game in the thread title is pretty darn good, too, for SRPG needs.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Yeah I've got Fire Emblem already. I just love strategy games so wouldn't mind a few. I'm doing what I always do when I buy a new system and buying a ridiculous number of games for it. It will keep me busy for a while!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Devil Survivor: Overclocked is a pretty decent SRPG as well. Theres a ton of content too and encourages newgame+ing for all the endings.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Devil Survivor: Overclocked is a pretty decent SRPG as well. Theres a ton of content too and encourages newgame+ing for all the endings.
Allow me to present the voice of dissent and say while the gameplay is absolutely okay, steer clear if you give half a drat about the words you're reading on the screen. That poo poo's amateur hour and tries to make up for its lackluster story and writing by spouting as many extraneous LOOK AT ME I'M SMART REALLY GUYS facts and tossing more pretentious and broody characters at you than I can count on all my digits. There was exactly one character in that game who wasn't crap and I don't even think you can get him to join your party.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The White Dragon posted:

That poo poo's amateur hour and tries to make up for its lackluster story and writing by spouting as many extraneous LOOK AT ME I'M SMART REALLY GUYS facts and tossing more pretentious and broody characters at you than I can count on all my digits. There was exactly one character in that game who wasn't crap and I don't even think you can get him to join your party.

Uhhh...kind of drawing a blank here. You talking about Honda or Naoya?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Overclocked is a really fun game. It really is not in the least bit pretentious despite what is said above. One of the characters in the game is literally a cheerful demon who is converted into acting like a superhero via the power of friendship. It's full of fairly generic JRPG melodrama but not really any more than usual. The sequel is even more tongue in cheek but kind of worse off for it because the tone skyrockets around like a ping-pong ball.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Volt Catfish posted:

Uhhh...kind of drawing a blank here. You talking about Honda or Naoya?

I dunno who could like Naoya, but the dad was a bro.

• Locked thread