Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
You know, ECMs would not be nearly as useless if you could a) place them without turning them on so you can flip a switch or hit a button when the poo poo hits the fan, and b) ECM feedback absolutely devastated in the area to the point where they're on the ground in a fetal position for a couple minutes and not just holding their head in place for 30 seconds. Feedback is not worth the points spent on it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I would take ECMs if they could brown note a room. :getin:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I kinda like this leather material, especially with the skull mask.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Just got done crashing the mall with some fine goons when I came to realise something: Bain is the navigator from Sega Rally. "Cops in the stairwell!" on a map made entirely of stairwells is this decade's "Easy right maybe!", seconds before you go hurtling over a cliff on a hairpin left. :v:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 30, 2013

az
Dec 2, 2005

I think they mispatched the game to have a penchant for giving you double items. In the last hour I got doubles for both of my infamous materials and more doubles for parts I had, but nothing new :allears:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rayjenkins posted:

I wish I could have a Slam Dunk Skull :sigh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bocc Kob posted:

I would take ECMs if they could brown note a room. :getin:

Now that I think about it, if they gave ECMs a warning (visual or otherwise) that they're just about done it would help hugely with stealth.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hot tipz: if you want to keep track of how long a drill will take, call out the round timer minute mark it'll be finished at. Not the number of seconds, everyone will forget that poo poo immediately. It's easier to remember "done at 5:30" than "two hundred seconds" and having to remember how long it's been since you said that. Cops won't stop the drill, going to check on when it's not broken is a waste of time.

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 30, 2013

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Rayjenkins posted:

This proves that there needs to be a basketball lines pattern.

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011
Just picked this up, added the metatag. I haven't played and I don't know much, but I have a mic and will try to follow directions.

GT: apache chief69

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

This proves that there needs to be a basketball lines pattern.

I will not rest until we have a Cyberdwarf mask :colbert:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

So, uh, I have the Pon Pon Pon pattern, the infamous cat whiskers one. Suggestions on what to do with it?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Shooting Blanks posted:

So, uh, I have the Pon Pon Pon pattern, the infamous cat whiskers one. Suggestions on what to do with it?

Save it until you get some pink colors for it and a Dillinger mask.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pharmaskittle posted:

Hot tipz: if you want to keep track of how long a drill will take, call out the round timer minute mark it'll be finished at. Not the number of seconds, everyone will forget that poo poo immediately. It's easier to remember "done at 5:30" than "two hundred seconds" and having to remember how long it's been since you said that. Cops won't stop the drill, going to check on when it's not broken is a waste of time.
Cops will certainly stop your drill. I saw an rear end in a top hat Bulldozer jump down a floor, land like an Olympian, and kicked my drill.

What is wrong with converting the last guard you dominated during stealth?

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Contract Pay: -$9

How often does this happen?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

MGN001 posted:

Hoxton dropped his wallet on the way out :shrug:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Scalding Coffee posted:

They don't always give up, at which point you have to drop them before they start alerting everyone else or cuffing you. If they also happen to be the fifth person...

EDIT: Oh, you mean jokering them. I guess you could if you want to, Overkill said they fixed converted guards calling you in for broken cameras and poo poo. Probably not wise if there's a 6th guard in the level, though.

MGN001 posted:

Sometimes, you come across a job so good, you pay to get in on it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MGN001 posted:

Jeez, you must've really pissed Hector off.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Party Plane Jones posted:

You know, ECMs would not be nearly as useless if you could a) place them without turning them on so you can flip a switch or hit a button when the poo poo hits the fan, and b) ECM feedback absolutely devastated in the area to the point where they're on the ground in a fetal position for a couple minutes and not just holding their head in place for 30 seconds. Feedback is not worth the points spent on it at all.

Isn't there a skill that lets you turn them off and on?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Scalding Coffee posted:

They can trigger laser beams. They also sometimes shoot at dominated enemies, which is no bueno if anyone is still around to call it in. The only reason you would need to persuade while stealthing is if you have 6 guards to take care of. In that case, convert a guard in one area of the map and let someone else dominate the remaining guard somewhere else.

I'm coming pretty close to dropping my skills and going full Enforcer. I've been happily split between Mastermind/Ghost since launch, but I keep finding myself in groups where people can't handle police and can't/won't contribute to any stealth attempt, so it kind of defeats the purpose to play a backup role. Taking point with mostly stealth and support skills is defeating.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
How does dominating work in regards to a team full of masterminds with the right skills? Can there only be one dominated person at a time for the entire team? One for each person? As many as you can get? Same question about converting people as well.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Broose posted:

How does dominating work in regards to a team full of masterminds with the right skills? Can there only be one dominated person at a time for the entire team? One for each person? As many as you can get? Same question about converting people as well.

One handcuffed guy from Domintor at a time, but as many converted guys as you have Masterminds with Joker. We had four cops cleaning up on OK Watchdogs the other night. There wasn't much left for us to do!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It would be nice if you could yell to jokered enemies instead of having them do their own dumbass thing like hiding in a broom closet or running into an assault

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

-Zydeco- posted:

As far as I can tell the "thermal drill" is actually a thermal lance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5whCBV0bk

So, yeah. Stupidly loud and bright tube packed full of molten iron, magnesium, and pressurized oxygen. Nope, wall in the the way. No way they can notice us back here.

Edit: Someone actually used one of these in a robbery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Street_robbery

Bain interchangeably calls it a thermal drill and a thermal lance.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

padijun posted:

It would be nice if you could yell to jokered enemies instead of having them do their own dumbass thing like hiding in a broom closet or running into an assault

Or standing in front of the loving lockboxes you are trying to saw.

Soral
May 30, 2009

I'm considering respeccing out of Joker just because of how badly it works in games with pubbies. I can't count the number of times I've seen a level 60+ pubbie shoot at and beat down a tan swat joker (bonus points if the joker dies and then the pubbie goes down because he was focused on trying to kill the guy who was trying to save him from the swarm of cops slowly surrounding him,) let alone how many times a pubbie has repeatedly shot and killed a handcuffed cop I was making my way over to to convert after being asked to not shoot dudes on their knees.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Soral posted:

I'm considering respeccing out of Joker just because of how badly it works in games with pubbies. I can't count the number of times I've seen a level 60+ pubbie shoot at and beat down a tan swat joker (bonus points if the joker dies and then the pubbie goes down because he was focused on trying to kill the guy who was trying to save him from the swarm of cops slowly surrounding him,) let alone how many times a pubbie has repeatedly shot and killed a handcuffed cop I was making my way over to to convert after being asked to not shoot dudes on their knees.
I've had the same problems. It's honestly kind of terrifying how reflexively quick people will shoot someone who's on his knees with his hands behind his head. That is like the universal code for "I surrender" regardless of language or culture and they just cap 'em with no second thought. The first time I saw a dominated enemy before I knew what the skill even was my immediate response was "oh he's given up, did I do that? :v:" not "kill, kill, kill." Why do people do it!

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I play a lot of intercontinental games and cops surrendering is ludicrously lag-sensitive. I've yelled at cops to surrender and heard them reply okay but they still scooted around (but without shooting) for a solid five seconds before instantly warping to the surrender pose, and I've heard 'sorry man he wasn't surrendered on my screen' more times than I can count.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Soral posted:

let alone how many times a pubbie has repeatedly shot and killed a handcuffed cop I was making my way over to to convert after being asked to not shoot dudes on their knees.

Are you hosting? This used to piss me off but having joined a few pub matches I've noticed there can be some real bad syncing issues with this stuff for clients. Guards murmuring about surrendering but crouchwalking back and forth in a zig zag for five seconds before finally finding where they want to be and going into the animation, like some cat fluffing a pillow. Of course for the host, it looks as normal as you'd expect.

So yeah a lot of it is "people are dumb" and "most people probably didn't properly earn that level" but there's a lot of janky poo poo you have to accommodate for with how the netcode is in this. I wish they'd address it but to be fair it hasn't been that big of a problem in most cases. It's not often players need to be exactly synced on where an enemy, player, or item is, but man does it suck when it happens.

e: Also for all Ghosts and people with aced Cleaner, :siren: don't fight other players to bag bodies :siren:, one of you might end up with a body bag that you can't drop, still slows you down, and prevents you from interacting with the environment while the other gets the real body. Makes you real useless if you're pointman on Frames 3 :suicide:

Mr.Hotkeys fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 30, 2013

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I guess a lot of pubbies are firm believers in showing no quarter to cops or that by summary executing surrendered cops and chucking bagged bodies off of buildings,the assault force will know that they are not to be hosed with and might ease up on the pressure or be easier to intimidate as a result.

Guerrilla Warfare
Feb 22, 2008

Mushball posted:

I guess a lot of pubbies are firm believers in showing no quarter to cops or that by summary executing surrendered cops and chucking bagged bodies off of buildings,the assault force will know that they are not to be hosed with and might ease up on the pressure or be easier to intimidate as a result.

Do you have a problem with this approach to combating law enforcement? The Devil's Island approach works wonders for me.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Zurreco posted:

They can trigger laser beams. They also sometimes shoot at dominated enemies, which is no bueno if anyone is still around to call it in. The only reason you would need to persuade while stealthing is if you have 6 guards to take care of. In that case, convert a guard in one area of the map and let someone else dominate the remaining guard somewhere else.

If you're talking about the laser beams in Framing Frame day one, from what I've seen a converted guy won't trigger them. Not sure about the vault ones on day three.

The only time my converted guy has caused an issue was when we'd stealthed the bank, vault in the back so did it the quick way and left everyone in the front alone. I converted the last guard who was in front of the vault door for the hell of it. He followed us out into the car park as we moved the bags, but he wasn't keen on going through the hole in the fence with us so he just ran right through the bank instead. Everyone goes crazy and the alerts light up the bank like a Christmas tree as we're loading the bags. Too late to be a problem but it was amusing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I mean to let the surrendered cops live, but, looking at them, standing there, arms up, my Mosconi speaks to me, telling me to do it, demanding sacrificial offerings.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shima Honnou posted:

I mean to let the surrendered cops live, but, looking at them, standing there, arms up, my Mosconi speaks to me, telling me to do it, demanding sacrificial offerings.

So that's how I get the drat Mosconi mods to drop!

As much as I may want to try other builds, I don't know if I could ever give up Joker. It doesn't always matter to a match, but dammit when Officer Friendly's got my back it's a great feeling. Especially if he brought one of those fantastic tan vests with him.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I always viewed joker'd cops as the fall guys who take the heat for our crew's heists in exchange for a couple grand their way and visits in prison.

Guerrilla Warfare posted:

Do you have a problem with this approach to combating law enforcement? The Devil's Island approach works wonders for me.

It's hard being crazy. My friends and I have to binge on action movies to get fresh ideas on how to be super crazy in order to keep the cops at bay.

Mushball fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 30, 2013

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Just droppin' off my masks here.

Has anyone else been experiencing immense frame loss at the chain link fence in Firestarter Day 1? Also occurs at the top of the hill a bit. It makes my Dallas angry.

Guerrilla Warfare
Feb 22, 2008

Mushball posted:

I always viewed joker'd cops as the fall guys who take the heat for our crew's heists in exchange for a couple grand their way and visits in prison.

It's hard being crazy. My friends and I have to binge on action movies to get fresh ideas on how to be super crazy in order to keep the cops at bay.

Watch the 1986 Fist of the North Star film and take some melee perks. Or just watch Hard Boiled or The Killer and go nuts.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jamfrost posted:

Has anyone else been experiencing immense frame loss at the chain link fence in Firestarter Day 1? Also occurs at the top of the hill a bit. It makes my Dallas angry.

Nope, but I occassionaly get massive frame loss when a whole crowd suddenly detects me. For example in Ukranian job, if I blast through the window and order everyone to get down, the game slows down a lot for 1-2 seconds. Then everything is back to normal.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Just realized I have not posted my horrible masks yet as it is custom in this thread. Sadly I already sold most of the worst abominations I've created, but some are still in my Inventory.

I'll start with my horrible golden global conspiracy mask

from there we take a trip to the land of the rising sun with my samurai Zombie

here's a simple leather pout

...and finally we got that shrunken head that I can't decide how to paint up... or if I just keep it that way

...doesn't help that colors almost never drop for me, only got one atm in the inventory, it's infamous... but it's just a boring pale blue called 'Solid Navy Blue'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?
I think i found my perfect Lvl. 100 build: ICANDOEVERYTHING

Basically:
Smooth Talker + Dominator for stealth runs
Heavy Armor + Saw + Shotgunperks for rough stuff
Ghost perks for moving/interacting with things faster, negating the armor momevement penalty, plus the ability to open a door with my ecm and crack a safe

The only 8 points that I would reconsider is acing "Nine Lives", 10% chance doesn't seem like much, but it saved me a few times. Maybe spend those points on double ecms and lucky charm/moving target.

• Locked thread