Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Closing doors is the biggest thing in the game that seems dumb to me. In the tutorial (hideout room with all the practice doors, I think), Baine says something like "We don't NEED to close doors in OUR line of work!" Which is loving retarded, because why would you not close a door so someone can't see you or your carnage from the next room or outside?

I get that it would drastically change the balance of the game, but still, it would make this gang of robbers seem a little less like a posse of gibbering retards.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Nyyen posted:

What the hell? I have over a billion in offshore money, and 39 million on hand, and my bux only line the back wall, one row deep. Where the hell did you get all that money?

Probably the LUA fairy.

e: Or poopsocking

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pleads posted:

The best thing about tazers is when you get tazed and your hands clench and your gun fires and it headshots the idiot tazering you.

For some reason being tazed automatically reloads shotguns and seems to make the Mosconi not require reloads, so basically being tazed as an Enforcer means you get to laugh at the stupid tazer as he takes a kilo of buckshot to the face.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Foehammer posted:

Probably the LUA fairy.

The Poopsock Fairy is the best fairy. If you put a filled poopsock under your pillow, you get a block of cash!

Edit: I wouldn't blame anyone for visitting the LUA fairy though, the curve and grind in this game is pretty dumb when all you want to do is have fun with your bros and mess around with silly builds.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Lemon Curdistan posted:

For some reason being tazed automatically reloads shotguns and seems to make the Mosconi not require reloads, so basically being tazed as an Enforcer means you get to laugh at the stupid tazer as he takes a kilo of buckshot to the face.

It seems to randomly reload just about anything. In Payday 1 you'd automatically magdump and then your gun would just click impotently but in 2 it seems to trigger a reload when your magazine empties while being tazed.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Probably the LUA fairy.

The LUA fairy was generous to me :colbert:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Pimpmust posted:

A cop really shouldn't though. Especially not for guys with several decidedly unstealth weapons on their backs :iiam:

Do the models actually show the unused weapon strapped to the back? I assumed they were tucked under the suit jacket, like Tom Sizemore walking out of the bank in Heat with the assault rifle barrel hanging out of the bottom. That's why bigger guns and bigger mods screw with visibility.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Huh? I consider tazers the biggest threat when using the mosconi because if you don't kill him in two rounds, he wins because you can't reload or switch guns. At least that's what's happened the two times I've been tazed while using it.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

Do the models actually show the unused weapon strapped to the back? I assumed they were tucked under the suit jacket, like Tom Sizemore walking out of the bank in Heat with the assault rifle barrel hanging out of the bottom. That's why bigger guns and bigger mods screw with visibility.

Yeah but you can't keep stuff under your suit when you got the big rear end armor on.

I'd love the developers to steal some Special Units from SWAT 4 by the way, like Pepperspraying (paintball gun/spray can) assholes and Beanbag shotgun guys that kick you across the room and to the floor :allears:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

padijun posted:

Huh? I consider tazers the biggest threat when using the mosconi because if you don't kill him in two rounds, he wins because you can't reload or switch guns. At least that's what's happened the two times I've been tazed while using it.

Every time I've been tasered while using the Mosconi, it fires the two shells and then... the taser lets me go, presumably to reload. It's happened like clockwork every single time, to the point that I can't believe it was a teammate saving me or me hitting him enough to let me go.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

padijun posted:

There seems to a be a 50/50 chance of the tazer working as intended (no reloads), and the game bugging out because you ran out of bullets and auto-reload. I've had both happen to me and don't think there's any sort of rhyme or reason to it.

My favorite tazer moment was when he started electroing me, my .308 popped off and headshot the sniper across the street.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

So has anyone figured out what the changes to silenced weapons are?

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

-Zydeco- posted:

So has anyone figured out what the changes to silenced weapons are?

I am unsure but I believe that they either lowered the noise levels on silenced guns some, or reduced the detection range/likelihood for them. I haven't tested them too much but it seems you can now shoot them closer to people without being detected.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Slim Killington posted:

Switching back and forth between masked and not masked would be game-breaking. I could theorycraft a way to invincibly beat everything with that ability. In all the possible changes I hope this one is never even considered.

It's something you should be able to do as long as no alarms have sounded and you didn't start the map masked. They'd need to give the AI some concept of no-go areas though (bank manager's office, back of the nightclub, etc) so you couldn't just unmask every time a guard passed by, but I'm not seeing anything massively game-breaking about it. As someone mentioned, it's kind of stupid to sneak into the nightclub, steal everything unnoticed and then just stroll out the front door waving a gun.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

Nyyen posted:

I am unsure but I believe that they either lowered the noise levels on silenced guns some, or reduced the detection range/likelihood for them. I haven't tested them too much but it seems you can now shoot them closer to people without being detected.

Thats good. It bugged me how many civilians knew what a silenced gun sounds like. They just sound like snapping, you wouldn't really know it was a silenced gun.

Pilchenstein posted:

It's something you should be able to do as long as no alarms have sounded and you didn't start the map masked. They'd need to give the AI some concept of no-go areas though (bank manager's office, back of the nightclub, etc) so you couldn't just unmask every time a guard passed by, but I'm not seeing anything massively game-breaking about it. As someone mentioned, it's kind of stupid to sneak into the nightclub, steal everything unnoticed and then just stroll out the front door waving a gun.

Exactly. It wouldn't be game breaking. All things being the same you'd still have to contend with guards and pagers, so its not like it'd be easy mode.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nyyen posted:

David Goldfarb said they'd cracked the "alert the entire map through walls by shooting a silenced gun once" bug, so I assume it has something to do with that, even if the turnaround time is a bit surprising. The fact that they updated Ace Shinobi's description at the same time can't be a coincidence either.

Edit: Checking his Twitter, someone asks if Patch 10 will have the bank roof bug fixed, he says it depends on QA, but then soon says Patch 10 has stealth fixes so...I guess that's that? As a side effect it appears now civvies are a little too deaf, but oh well.

Also: "next week's big patch will be a doozy w diff/ai/weapon rebalance." along with a "can't comment" regarding getting AI teammates to pick up bags.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 30, 2013

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I love the Mosconi but I have some questions about shotgun use in this game. I'm used to most games where if you're a foot away from the guy the shotgun will 1-shot the enemy but if he's two feet away, the pellets will tickle him a little. I know there's damage dropoff for shotguns in this game but how severe is it? What's the effective range where I'm still doing enough damage while not wasting my limited ammo?

(Xbox version)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Midniter posted:

I love the Mosconi but I have some questions about shotgun use in this game. I'm used to most games where if you're a foot away from the guy the shotgun will 1-shot the enemy but if he's two feet away, the pellets will tickle him a little. I know there's damage dropoff for shotguns in this game but how severe is it? What's the effective range where I'm still doing enough damage while not wasting my limited ammo?

(Xbox version)

If you're standing in the front door of the bank lobby you can reliably one shot heavy FBI across the street. You'll occasionally kill enemies from further away, especially if you're using Overkill, but this is the distance I most frequently use to pop off headshots. It's something you get a feel for pretty quick. If I know I'm not going to kill in a single shell I'll just rattle off two real quick to make sure he stays down.

e: spellin' :(

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 31, 2013

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

With the way most assault rifles work (recoil/"suppression") against the Heavier types I find it pretty much a crapshoot if the Mosconi or anything but the .308 is any better at range.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

The Midniter posted:

(Xbox version)

Range is pretty drat long - the dropoff is severe, but the minimum damage is still quite high. Also as long as one pellet hits an enemy he takes full damage. More pellets doesn't increase the damage. However hit locations still matter, so try to shoot in a way that lets you hit several clustered police in the head.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

DatonKallandor posted:

Range is pretty drat long - the dropoff is severe, but the minimum damage is still quite high. Also as long as one pellet hits an enemy he takes full damage. More pellets doesn't increase the damage. However hit locations still matter, so try to shoot in a way that lets you hit several clustered police in the head.

The best is when like 7 tan SWAT spawn in the parking lot of the bank, you look out the door and fire and like 4 helmets go flying from a single shell.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Shooting Blanks posted:

So, uh, I have the Pon Pon Pon pattern, the infamous cat whiskers one. Suggestions on what to do with it?

You could do what I did. :v:

Lasher posted:

How's the ACE Ironman perk? I'd like to be able to melee shields but does it offer bonus melee damage to normal enemies too? Want to start speccing into tech too to get some C4.

If you can spare the points it's magical against shields, especially for shotgun/308 wielders because the recoil time is just enough to shoot them in the face.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
The mosconi will kill things at absurd ranges, especially with the enforcer shotgun skills. I regularly pop the helmets off tan swats on rats day 1 when they're on the street.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So does adding the shell rack really just make your shotgun statistically worse for no benefit?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
^^^I believe it just raises the visibility a bit, which doesn't really matter when you're wearing full armor and super visible already.

Finally a game where shotguns act like shotguns.

Another thing that's great: Losing your internet right after the very last deposit box is sawed open on an Overkill gold heist. :suicide:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 30, 2013

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Anonymous Robot posted:

So does adding the shell rack really just make your shotgun statistically worse for no benefit?

It looks awesome which is all the benefit you need. :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

wilbur.walsh posted:

Again, Ironman + suit movement speed is incredibly more useful than +50% armor and beeing slow as a snail. :colbert:
Except Iron Man literally does nothing except give you access to the super armour. Which means if you have Iron Man unlocked but are not using the armour then you're wasting those points.

kloa posted:

My vault is tiny!

I have ~70 mill and mine doesn't look like that. Looks like it's time for me to start caring about money again. :allears:

Anonymous Robot posted:

It magically adds two rounds to your magazine. So a stock 870 (with six rounds default) will have eight rounds before reloading.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I'm more confused about him thinking that the +50% armor Technician skill is going to somehow reduce his movement speed.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I got myself Dallas Begins, which is sad but one I will use if I must- golden Dallas would be cool.

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?

Insert name here posted:

Except Iron Man literally does nothing except give you access to the super armour. Which means if you have Iron Man unlocked but are not using the armour then you're wasting those points.

Yeah, but I am using that armor all the time. Well except for stealth runs, where I am stealthing and 90% sure i'll do it right (Framing Frames 1 & 3). That's my point. I get the heavy armor + movement speed of just wearing a suit with the ghost perks.

versus posted:

I'm more confused about him thinking that the +50% armor Technician skill is going to somehow reduce his movement speed.

Are you guys serious? What I am saying is, that normal movement speed outweighs +50% armor. For me that is.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Serious answer: the first level of Berserker will double saw efficiency, and acing the saw skill will give you an extra blade. Ignore the rest.

8 points for a single extra blade is pretty poo poo. If I need to do a lot of sawing I'll take ammo bags.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

At the very least, it annoys me that the Preferred Character Mask option takes up what could've been a ninth slot, which would at least give you as many mask slots as weapon slots. Another annoying oversight is that you can't check new masks/weapons/mods for unowned guns if your inventory is full, so you're stuck with that little (!) on your menu forever. :argh:

Also, I got tired of waiting for exactly the right combination of parts to drop, which probably weren't going work right together anyway, so instead I bit the bullet and put these together.

Loosely inspired by this guy. The color combo on the second one is probably my favorite in the game that I've seen so far.

Moon over ocean buddy!

Blatantly reposting this!

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
Ugh, the hipfire while sprinting animation is annoying as hell. They just took the walk animation and jacked it up to 11 so the gun waves around like crazy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Insert name here posted:

It magically adds two rounds to your magazine. So a stock 870 (with six rounds default) will have eight rounds before reloading.

Does it stack with extended magazine?

If so, I might need to pray to the dark gods that those items actually drop for me :smith:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Shima Honnou posted:

Does it stack with extended magazine?

Yes. My Locomotive holds 15 rounds (shell rack +2, extended mag +2, tech ammo skill +5).

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

kloa posted:

My vault is tiny!

Mine must be broken as hell.

Icesler
Jul 7, 2005
I really wish there was a Casey Jones mask. :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I got really drunk and made this last night.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Oh poo poo you can buy specific contracts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012
Specific contracts cost hilarious amounts of money especially on higher difficulties, but 1) it's your offshore cash so who cares and 2) you'll make back probably 2/3 of that just running the mission. It's a pretty easy way to just pay to grind if you really don't feel like waiting for proverats or whatever to show up which I never do

• Locked thread