Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

X2 is the good one and Isuka is the rubbish one, correct? GOG ratings would seem to say so, but I take those with a grain of salt the size of a bowling ball.

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

That said, Isuka also comes with its soundtrack, which is also well work $2.40 on its own.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I think Isuka has the best soundtrack of any Guilty Gear game. It probably is the worst game however. Playing either of the games is kinda weird considering how dated #Reload is in the series.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Ahhh. crud the random map generator is horrible in HOMM5. It picks a faction for each town in worldgen I guess and then it figures out which towns begin under player or ai control. It seems like it favors native terrain type (unless this was a thing they did away with? I didn't play 4 and i'm new to this) but doesn't guarantee anything. More importantly, like, I just made a Medium 2-player map no underground (stop me if you know this one haha) and the 2 towns were a turn and a half from each other separated by a choke point, but one was more centrally located and about a third of the map was inaccessible, leaving one team with 50% more space to grow into.

I sure wrote a lot of complaining about some basically free stuff I just got... This game feels an awful lot like 3 but they made some cool low level balance changes. Upgrading your starting troops is practically a no-go. My favorite is that you don't have to waste a turn building a market until you can't afford anything else. It seems like your build order is a little more map-dependent. *hears ghost whistle* *dons conductor hat and tootles off bemusedly on train shaped like 8-yr-old ubisoft AA title*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying to install BGTutu for the first time and I'm just a little confused. I'm following this stickied guide on the GOG forums, but I'm not sure how this is supposed to work:

Are BG1 and BG2 just one long game now, or is my Tutu installation only just to play BG1 in the BG2 engine? If it's the latter, would I still be able to carry over my character to BG2? I'm also assuming at this point that I'd have to patch/mod my BG2 installation separately for that playthrough.

EDIT: I'm also asking because I couldn't get the BG2 fixpack to work on the Tutu installation, which made me think that perhaps Tutu really is just a conversion of your BG2 install into a BG1 install and then you still have to play BG2 itself separately.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 2, 2013

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Are BG1 and BG2 just one long game now, or is my Tutu installation only just to play BG1 in the BG2 engine? If it's the latter, would I still be able to carry over my character to BG2? I'm also assuming at this point that I'd have to patch/mod my BG2 installation separately for that playthrough.
I still have yet to play the games myself, but I've looked over the mods. BGTutu just updates BG1 to 2's engine, they are still separate games, and evidently you can still carry over your character. There's another mod in this thread called BGT that combines them into one big game.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I am a masochist and am installing/reinstalling Baldur's Gate Big World Project. Why am I doing that. I do not know. Should I post a torrent with all the mods I could find? There are a couple missing still but it is mostly all there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

EDIT: I'm also asking because I couldn't get the BG2 fixpack to work on the Tutu installation, which made me think that perhaps Tutu really is just a conversion of your BG2 install into a BG1 install and then you still have to play BG2 itself separately.

It's the latter (they're separate), but you can absolutely import your BG1/tutu character into BG2. You can also uninstall BG1 completely, as all its assets have been copied over to run in the BG2 engine. You'll have to tweak BG2 separately, but there's different fixpacks for both games (anything that affects scripting doesn't carry over, it's only the stuff that affects the base mechanics that might).

There should be a BG1 fixpack that's tutu-enabled, I think. Check Gibberlings Three.

e; vvv

kingturnip posted:

That's why I think BGT is a better bet. I haven't got to the transition sequence yet in my current game, but I've found no rough edges so far.

Honestly, it makes no difference whatsoever; you just get to the end of BG1 then quit, launch BG2 and import your character.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 2, 2013

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's the latter (they're separate), but you can absolutely import your BG1/tutu character into BG2.

That's why I think BGT is a better bet. I haven't got to the transition sequence yet in my current game, but I've found no rough edges so far.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
One advantage of BGT is that it imports party members to BG2 as is*. So if you dual-classed Imoen to a Mage at level 5 in BG1, she'll start as a Thief 5 / Mage whatever in BG2 and not the default Thief 7 / Mage 8. Same with stat books: if you gave those wisdom tomes to Jaheira in BG1, she'll still have the increased wisdom in BG2.

* Iff the character is in your party when you transition to BG2.

The only real annoyance with BGT is that you need to manually tweak the XP you get from traps, locks and spells if you want to gain the correct amount of experience in both games. They're hardcoded in the engine, so you need to run an .exe (that modifies the correct data tables) whenever you switch between BG1 and BG2.

Edit: There is also a Baldur's Gate thread here. The OP has a BGT installation guide, if you need some help.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 2, 2013

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Smol posted:

One advantage of BGT is that it imports party members to BG2 as is*. So if you dual-classed Imoen to a Mage at level 5 in BG1, she'll start as a Thief 5 / Mage whatever in BG2 and not the default Thief 7 / Mage 8. Same with stat books: if you gave those wisdom tomes to Jaheira in BG1, she'll still have the increased wisdom in BG2.
I always gave every stat-boosting book to be found in BG to my PC, because my PC was the only character that really mattered and bigger numbers were always better than smaller numbers (THAC0 excepted). Who cares if adding one or two points to WIS and INT is completely pointless on a Fighter! BIGGER NUMBERS !!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Will Guilty Gear Reload work with my xbox controller?

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Yes, even the triggers, though the in-game button config shows Playstation buttons.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Luisfe posted:

I am a masochist and am installing/reinstalling Baldur's Gate Big World Project. Why am I doing that. I do not know. Should I post a torrent with all the mods I could find? There are a couple missing still but it is mostly all there.

Post that poo poo. Any tactics mods? I made it through BG1 Big World Project with tactics mods and it might have been the hardest game I've ever played. In the end I couldn't beat Tales of the Sword Coast, it was just too hard. Best advice I can give, never ever ever waste a single Arrow of Dispel, there's no way I could have beaten the last boss without it

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Post that poo poo. Any tactics mods? I made it through BG1 Big World Project with tactics mods and it might have been the hardest game I've ever played. In the end I couldn't beat Tales of the Sword Coast, it was just too hard. Best advice I can give, never ever ever waste a single Arrow of Dispel, there's no way I could have beaten the last boss without it

well the pack does have Sword Coast Tactics and Stratagems as well as the equivalent BG2 mods even if I am NOT installing them in my current attempt to install it.

Speaking of, it's been like 26 hours and it STILL HAS NOT FINISHED INSTALLING. Tomorrow I won't have internet access so I will post a link to the torrent when I get internet access again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RiffRaff1138 posted:

I still have yet to play the games myself, but I've looked over the mods. BGTutu just updates BG1 to 2's engine, they are still separate games, and evidently you can still carry over your character. There's another mod in this thread called BGT that combines them into one big game.

TuTu has it's own fixpack that is integrated into the game, The Tweak pack is fully compatible, as are most mods that just generally that affect the rules, instead of adding content.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I nearly wasted a few dollars today. I was about to buy the new DLC that came out this morning for Strike Suit Zero, but I held off for a bit and went to check my e-mail. Lo and behold, I was entitled to it for free due to having pre-purchased the game months ago - ended up saving me a bit.

So, word to the wise to anyone who did the same; both DLC from today are 50% off, but look before you leap.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Torrent with mods for BG2 Big World

http://bayfiles.net/file/VK45/Pg4Vhq/mods.torrent

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 4, 2013

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
Unsure who else would appreciate this, but look who I ran into at PAX!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Commander Keenan posted:

...Chris Roberts? irdk

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I finally broke down and bought Spelunky on GOG after swearing to hold out for a sale.

Completely worth it. It's amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Commander Keenan posted:

Nenonen posted:

...Chris Roberts? irdk

And Chris Taylor? Pretty cool.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Rinkles posted:

And Chris Taylor? Pretty cool.

It was a Chris sandwich. Also met Tommy Tallarico and virt, which was great.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
something happened in the mod and now it is listed as 99.3% complete on my torrent client. A couple of mods (which are not missing from my side, but are listed as "wrong" what the christ) got corrupted OR SOMETHING.

One of the mods is Saerileth. No big loss there.

The mods and files that are listed as being wrong:
Alora1_5.rar
FairyDragon_V6.7z
two random files from extracted Infinity Animations (which I should've cleaned up before making the torrent but whatever)
NikitaReduxBeta2.rar
Saerileth_v16.rar
VildraNPC_v1.1_.7z

What the hell.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A game originally released on October 31, 1995 is coming in two hours, according to the GOG twitter...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

A game originally released on October 31, 1995 is coming in two hours, according to the GOG twitter...

Google search says.... I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Luisfe posted:

What a shame. That's some "quality" characterization that you're missing out on.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Google search says.... I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

I am quite alright with this. I was never able to find a copy of it and haven't really cared enough to look in depth for it.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Or The Dark Eye.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fuckpot posted:

Or The Dark Eye.

My money's on I Must Scream as they've been teasing it for months now.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My money's on I Must Scream as they've been teasing it for months now.

If so I'm purchasing for 5.99...

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Luisfe posted:

At least the Imoen romance mod made it through okay.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream is back for $6. In addition, there's contests running around the net over the next few days for physical IHNM tat. Check the bottom of the news post for details.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Well played, GOG, well played.

This is neither an easy game nor a light experience. Venture bravely, goons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fuckpot posted:

Or The Dark Eye.

Sorry fuckpot, looks like we'll be getting imminent nightmares and depression from Harlan Ellison instead of creepy puppets.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If you have any interest in I Have No Mouth then buy it right loving now and back it up on a DVD, SD-Card and a USB-stick. This is one of those games I never believed GOG would ever get because Harlan Ellison is such a huge dick. I can't even imagine what they did to get the digital rights. The only way to get it for years has been via mail order from some weirdo.
The reason you should back it up is because Harlan might throw a fit and cancel the whole agreement at the drop of a hat. He actually phoned up Lowtax and yelled at him over a frontpage article once.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Funny you mention that - I was just reading this a little earlier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan_Ellison#Controversies_and_disputes

And I don't think what you say is at all far-fetched. The GOG release really might be subjected to his particular brand of fightiness over moneys.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Kins posted:

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream is back for $6. In addition, there's contests running around the net over the next few days for physical IHNM tat. Check the bottom of the news post for details.

gently caress YES! As the previous posts said, I never thought this would get on GOG! Now to buy and backup immediately. :woop:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hells yes. Already bought, thinking about playing it again (unlike much of my GOG catalog where I buy it and just kind of stare at it the shelf).

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Lodin posted:

If you have any interest in I Have No Mouth then buy it right loving now and back it up on a DVD, SD-Card and a USB-stick. This is one of those games I never believed GOG would ever get because Harlan Ellison is such a huge dick. I can't even imagine what they did to get the digital rights. The only way to get it for years has been via mail order from some weirdo.
The reason you should back it up is because Harlan might throw a fit and cancel the whole agreement at the drop of a hat. He actually phoned up Lowtax and yelled at him over a frontpage article once.
This made me wonder what other GOG.com title could suffer the same fate. I'm the kind of guy that just lets the files linger in my account without downloading a backup copy, and I might have to rethink this approach. Regardless, this game was an instant purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Daler Mehndi posted:

This made me wonder what other GOG.com title could suffer the same fate. I'm the kind of guy that just lets the files linger in my account without downloading a backup copy, and I might have to rethink this approach. Regardless, this game was an instant purchase.

Usually if GOG pulls a game from its catalog it remains available to people who purchased it. That happened with the Dark Fall games for example. There was no store page for them but I could still get them from my account.