Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I would say 1-3 points in long distance, then 1 point into high value cargo.

After that its a toss up between more long distance, 2 points in just-in-time delivery, & ADR.

ADR is the most lucrative, but the jobs are rarer.

Any job can be important or urgent, so 2 points in JITD is a great investment.

Long distance depends a lot on the map module. 1 point minimum is needed for the exp bonus. With no map mods you need more points than if you use a map mod such as TSM.

edit: also there is a TSM 4.03 fix out now.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
When I first started I made the mistake of making my first garage in the very tip of Scotland. Finally bit the bullet and took out a gigantic loan to buy a new garage in Belgium.

What exactly does TSM do? I know it's an expansion, but just by how much? Is there a comparison image of the maps?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Kilonum posted:

shoot me an email at kilonum AT verizon DOT net

I shot you an email as well. I signed it with my username though my email obviously doesn't have the same name. Alluvion is still down and I want my new truckin map :(

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Since alluvion is down, I put my torrent back up for now. Download is here. It doesn't have all the extras from the OP though. I'll mirror the OP torrent when I get it.

Edit: OP Torrent mirrored and recompressed, see my post below.

PureRok posted:

What exactly does TSM do? I know it's an expansion, but just by how much? Is there a comparison image of the maps?
Well, I'll let the images speak for themselves.
TSM 4

Vanilla

Autoexec.bat fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 4, 2013

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

PureRok posted:

I don't have a map screenshot to hand but it doubles or more the drivable area. The new areas are a lot more varied too, winding mountain roads in Greece to huge stretches across the Sahara. There's a lot more options for ferry travel too, there are a lot of ports and seaways connecting Europe and Africa. You also get a lot of Europe that the base game misses, like Spain, more of Italy and the rest of France.

Edit: ^wow I'd forgotten the base game map was so small. There's a lot more smaller roads and different interconnections between cities so there's probably a lot more drivable roads but the map size itself is really small in comparison.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 2, 2013

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I'm very surprised with how much more pretty TSM 4.0 looks over 3.5! They seem to have added a bit more detail into the new bits of the map, especially in Eastern Europe. There is also the fact that you don't get fined for running red lights in Crete, I just found out!

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

PureRok posted:

When I first started I made the mistake of making my first garage in the very tip of Scotland. Finally bit the bullet and took out a gigantic loan to buy a new garage in Belgium.

I'm pretty sure that drivers will earn just about the same wherever their garage is located. I'm going to try and get a garage and a full compliment of trucks in every city. I hope my drivers don't compete with each other for jobs!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
As if FH16 wasn't the best truck already.

http://youtu.be/Jf_wKkV5dwQ

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Cowman posted:

I shot you an email as well. I signed it with my username though my email obviously doesn't have the same name. Alluvion is still down and I want my new truckin map :(

Just saw this, reply sent

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

pigdog posted:

As if FH16 wasn't the best truck already.

http://youtu.be/Jf_wKkV5dwQ

Hahaha that was a loving excellent commercial. Well done sirs

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
OP torrent reuploaded, added the 4.0.3 fix for TSM while I was there. Filesize is about 200mb smaller from recompressing.

Autoexec.bat fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 3, 2013

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

I don't know whether to be upset or proud of myself that I picked the FH16 completely by random as my first truck. I never experienced the moment of joy from upgrading to it from something terrible. :shobon:

Also, still no complete France map. :(

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

The winner for the fourth week is...

Thideras!

Playing Tetris never looked so... dangerous.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no idea what happened, but this is day 2 playing the game and my steering seems broken. Day 1 was fine, but now the slightest input on my 360 controller turns me quite sharply. Steering sensitivity setting is all the way down in the menu. I'm having to drive now but tapping the controller constantly to the left or right and it's really killing the relaxing nature of the game for me. Yesterday I wasn't having these issues.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

blue squares posted:

I have no idea what happened, but this is day 2 playing the game and my steering seems broken. Day 1 was fine, but now the slightest input on my 360 controller turns me quite sharply. Steering sensitivity setting is all the way down in the menu. I'm having to drive now but tapping the controller constantly to the left or right and it's really killing the relaxing nature of the game for me. Yesterday I wasn't having these issues.

Try turning it all the way up instead.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

blue squares posted:

When this happened to me it was because somehow the controller settings were set to "steering wheel" instead of "controller", so you might look at that.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

TacticalGranny posted:

Thideras!

I have no idea how this is even possible. It's... amazing!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

TacticalGranny posted:

Thideras!

eurotruck.jpg right there. Pure essence of ETS2.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Keeku posted:

And with 100% cab damage. Impressive.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

Keeku posted:

Local Resident posted:

And with 100% cab damage. Impressive.
1500 HP engine, first gear (18 gear box) while holding the engine brake. This gives slightly more traction for some reason. As to how they got positioned like that? Hell if I know.

I got into a really bad accident and ended up nearly backwards on the highway, but didn't damage the engine enough to cause it to not work. Enemy cars were hitting me as I was trying to turn around and so I went "screw it", slammed it into first gear, and crushed them. The trucks were collateral damage.

thideras fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 4, 2013

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Managed to get to level 8 last night. I'm happy that I didn't get the two npc drivers too soon. Given their starting revenue I would have struggled to make the loan payments. I had enough issues getting drunk, damaging my truck then getting a random loan just to repaint the cab. I've recovered from whatever I was trying to do at the time.

Also, given my terrible driving I added bull bars and the basic protection to the fuel tanks. It might just be my imagination but they seem to have reduced the damage that I'm taking.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Devian666 posted:

I added bull bars and the basic protection to the fuel tanks. It might just be my imagination but they seem to have reduced the damage that I'm taking.

Wait... can someone confirm that it does/not work this way.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
No idea, but you can mount a few suns on them anyway.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Ron Burgundy posted:

Wait... can someone confirm that it does/not work this way.

Even I can't confirm it for sure as my ability to drive trucks without doing stupid gently caress ups has increased considerably.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Devian666 posted:

Even I can't confirm it for sure as my ability to drive trucks without doing stupid gently caress ups has increased considerably.

Solution: Disable the speed limiter and never stop accelerating.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Lowen posted:

Solution: Disable the speed limiter and never stop accelerating.

Looks like this is the next step in my progression. Also, I'm assuming there's no way to improve braking.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Get better at using enemy cars to slow yourself down.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Devian666 posted:

Looks like this is the next step in my progression. Also, I'm assuming there's no way to improve braking.

Get a transmission with a retarder. (usually has an R at the end of the name)

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I've got that transmission. I assumed something would be better about it but I had no idea.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Devian666 posted:

I've got that transmission. I assumed something would be better about it but I had no idea.

If you select Automatic Retarder and Automatic Engine Braking, the game will engage the retarder and jake brake whenever you hit the button/pedal. I won't say that you stop on a dime; probably more like $4.50, but it's definitely a reduction.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Don't forget to slam on the parking brake too, pull out all the stops!

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
Oh god, what is happening?!

THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DELIVERY CONTRACT

At least I set a new air speed record for this game. :colbert:

thideras fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 4, 2013

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That got a genuine giggle out of me, and congratulations on breaking the 1000kmh barrier.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

A surrealist masterpiece.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

thideras posted:

Oh god, what is happening?!

THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DELIVERY CONTRACT

At least I set a new air speed record for this game. :colbert:

Ah, yes, ye olde "bump an enemy truck that appears to be sinking and suddenly no road"

Seems persistent around parts of Scotland and Switzerland.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
One day I hope we can get a truck simulator where it is possible to recreate crashes like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

AG3 posted:

One day I hope we can get a truck simulator where it is possible to recreate crashes like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

Sounds like your typical California I-5 pileup to me.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Kilonum posted:

Sounds like your typical California I-5 pileup to me.

So what you're saying is that there's hope in the upcoming World of Trucks? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddammit cars, I've got right of way! And 19% damage! That's two jobs of profit! :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding
Hmm. Scandinavia map mod or TSM? Can't decide. Why can't they just live along.

• Locked thread