Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
I used to goalhang in PE lessons because I could be hosed to actually play football (soccer for you yanks).... I ended up with a higher goal count than the top 3 "jock" kids rolled into one somehow. gently caress the offside rule...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Cheating works wonders

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Last week I had a dream that a Banshee from Mass Effect strapped me to a table and was going to experiment on me.

I decided to try to seduce it to survive but woke up.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
I can't get myself to throw my Wu Wear out... Usually people around my town just think of it as urban clothing but to a raphead it is truly the most generic shameful poo poo.

A girl that mutually liked me back in highschool contacted me a few years ago and came out to party with me. I figured I was getting laid but being young and drug spergy I took some xanax from my buddy knowing it would do me in badly. Sure enough, just about the most awkward sloppy performance of all time. Thankfully I can't remember much because of the xanax but I still remember the general terribleness and feelings of a sinking ship I just can't fix with every thrust.

edit: in case i wasnt clear to non-drug users xanax didn't affect my ability in bed so much as my ability to be even remotely be human I was just straight up licking the side of her face for minutes during foreplay because I was so uncoordinated and out of this world. This basically ruined my friendship with this girl to this day and god drat I feel so bad for her I want to apologize but years later it seems even more strange to do that.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
My teenage years are a confused haze of internet forums, Final Fantasy, D&D, trading card games, single-player Diablo II (dial-up, couldn't play online) and RPG Maker.

On the upside, I'd learned how to do some quite neat things on RPG Maker. Even went so far as to start working on an action game, which involved killing zombies (back in 2004, that is, way before people couldn't stop blabbering about zombies like they do now). The player's weapon options were knife, pistol, shotgun, rifle, rocket launcher and grenades, and your ammo was displayed in the bottom of the screen. It was a huge mess to make it work, but it was fairly fun. Laziness and a lovely computer prevented me from getting far enough on developing that one, though.

As for my lowest point, I'd say Pokemon easily takes that spot. I played it from my sixth to... I can't remember right now, seventh, eighth grade? We only played it in school (I was new in town, so school time was all the socializing I could do), and it made it easy for any other kids passing by to bully us by shuffling, hiding or tossing the cards around... or just mock us in general, because it was, well, Pokemon. And I was so addicted to the thing that I started creating my own cards. Not like actual cards, just notes scribbled on a notebook with each monster's name, HP, attacks, energy costs, etc, because I was genuinely upset that water-ice, ghost-psychic and fighter-rock-ground were all reduced to the same elements :spergin: . It was even worse before the card game came around, because we had pretend battles with invisible Pokemon at school during breaks, complete with imagining what kind of Pokemon you could find in each part of the school grounds.

Later on, the Pokemon fad passed. Then I promptly got into MtG, and, because it's a much bigger and more complex game, it took a long while to overcome that addiction, but I'm clean now.

I also lost the D&D habit, but not before starting to work on my own sort of pen and paper RPGs. By then, I was 17 and a freshman in college and planned on making a pen and paper RPG based in Greek mythology, after reading the Illiad and the Odyssey, with players being able to be straight-out fighters, Circe-style sorcerors or priests who could invoke magic from the gods (or some mix of all three). I still consider going back to it some times, though.

I also had an online girlfriend at one time, but I don't feel like talking about it.

Pennypunch
Jun 19, 2013

I've drawn you a bath.
I used to not only come up with custom races for Master of Orion II all the time, but I also gave them a complete cultural background, history and language. I have no idea how many hours I've sunk into plotting intricate lore for my aliens and pretended they all actually mattered.

I've been to both fantasy and Star Trek LARP.

In elementary I tried to impress my fellow classmates with the fact that I knew all current Guinness World Records by heart. It was actually true, to boot.

I was a very nerdy teenager. Now I'm an almost as nerdy adult. Works for me.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
During late elementary-early middle school was the time that the Neopets fad began dying down in my friend group, and yet somehow I ended up getting heavily involved in the rp forums and spent many hours a day roleplaying my dark and edgy vampire saiyan hybrid. At one point I wrote a 20 page tale of his backstory to display on my profile, and I attempted to show this off to the first girl I ever had a crush on the one time I convinced her to come over to my house. She never came over again after that.

I also once made a 15 minute RPG Maker game for a middle school presentation.

Davos fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 20, 2013

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I go to live webcam sites and pay for private chats and just talk about my girl problems with the performers because it's way cheaper than what my therapist was charging.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Ezzer posted:

I go to live webcam sites and pay for private chats and just talk about my girl problems with the performers because it's way cheaper than what my therapist was charging.

How has that worked out?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I taught myself Blender 3D just so I could make items for TF2, yet I have never seen one of my models get past the texturing phase.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TerryLennox posted:

How has that worked out?
There's no way talking to possibly even more broken people about how broken you are could possibly go badly.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

TetsuoTW posted:

There's no way talking to possibly even more broken people about how broken you are could possibly go badly.

Problem is that really sums up 90% of psychologists and psychology students I know.

Then, there's E/N.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Had one just the other day: a lady wearing a Skyrim t-shirt walked up to my counter while I was working, so I compliment and start rambling about Skyrim. Then she tells me her husband used to manage a Gamestop and she just got video game t-shirts for free from him. So most likely she just threw this shirt on before she went out that day and had no loving clue what I was talking about beyond the fact that Skyrim is a video game. That poor lady. :cripes:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TetsuoTW posted:

Nobody has ever gone to an AA meeting ever

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time

Kimmalah posted:

Had one just the other day: a lady wearing a Skyrim t-shirt walked up to my counter while I was working, so I compliment and start rambling about Skyrim. Then she tells me her husband used to manage a Gamestop and she just got video game t-shirts for free from him. So most likely she just threw this shirt on before she went out that day and had no loving clue what I was talking about beyond the fact that Skyrim is a video game. That poor lady. :cripes:

She won't make that mistake again.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Project1 is your avatar from M&M VII?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Project1 posted:

You dont need to post a confession. Your avatar will suffice.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Here is a confession that I don't think made it into this thread, but it was probably only a matter of time.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Project1 posted:

I'm guessing if she's married to a guy who ran a Gamestop for years and apparently wear a lot of freebie video game t-shirts, that probably wasn't the first time something like that has happened. And I did at least have enough sense to shut up about it once I put it all together and moved on to some other (not so nerdy) subject. Still kind of embarrassing though.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time

Animal posted:

You dont need to post a confession. Your avatar will suffice.

You're right, I admit it. I play computer games. Shocking, I know.

Conquistador posted:

Project1 is your avatar from M&M VII?

That's the one.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That game is awesome and needs no confessing :colbert:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

The_Doc posted:

I've been known to lecture for hours on end about the history of Mad Magazine, EC Comics, the history of drug law in America (legalize it all and tax/regulate it I say) and a bunch of other boring things.

I loved EC Comics as a kid as well...I'd pick up the annuals and as an adult, I spent several hundred dollars finishing my collection. I think I have all of them but one annual of Haunt of Fear and some Panics. Rereading them now, the writing is aggressively mediocre, but some of the ideas are cool...at least the art is still fantastic! Makes me feel a little better for wasting so much time reading some other generation's pop culture.

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

I'm the president of a computer club at a state college in California. I was tabling this morning because it's club week and a really tanned, stoned, hippy comes up to me and the conversation goes like this.

:D "What's your club about?"

:) "Software engineering and networking. It's cool! Computers are rad!"

:D "Ah, yeah, I agree. I'm just learning how to type myself."

:( "Type?"

:D "Yeah! All the keys on the keyboard are all out of order! It's hella hard to find them!"

:( ":smith:"

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahahah that hippy guy owns

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If I order pizza for myself and noone else is home in the apartment I turn on some extra lights in the other rooms and maybe some music so it seems like I'm not buying pizza for myself. I then eat in shame.

Edit: to clarify, I do that poo poo when the delivery driver comes to the door. Then I turn off all that stuff.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 17, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VelociBacon posted:

If I order pizza for myself and noone else is home in the apartment I turn on some extra lights in the other rooms and maybe some music so it seems like I'm not buying pizza for myself. I then eat in shame.

Do you have similar pre-masturbation rituals? Maybe a nice meal and a glass of wine and some soft music?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Do you have similar pre-masturbation rituals? Maybe a nice meal and a glass of wine and some soft music?

I stopped masturbating when I realized I could just have "freebies" in the form of wet dreams every so often

Also to lights/pizza guy...thats just weird

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No I'm only a little hosed up :(

e:

Conquistador posted:

Also to lights/pizza guy...thats just weird

I forgot to mention that I just do that when the delivery guy is at the door but yeah I know. It's basically that I can't bear to think that the delivery guy (a job I used to have when I was 18) realises how pathetic I am for ordering pizza for myself.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 17, 2013

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

Conquistador posted:

Hahahahah that hippy guy owns

He had a mouth harp and later we had an impromptu drum session on my folding table. It was pretty cool.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah I know. It's basically that I can't bear to think that the $10/hour pizza delivery guy (a job I used to have when I was 18) realises how pathetic I am for ordering pizza for myself.

I was actually totally just teasing you, I remember a couple of times when I'd order food on the phone I'd pretend to talk to a fake person in the room because I didn't want the dudes to think I was going to eat a large calzone and some onion rings all by myself :(

"Hey dude, did you say you wanted Coke or Sprite?! Oh ok, Coke, yeah man can we get a coke too?"

Why did you remind me of this

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Conquistador posted:

I was actually totally just teasing you, I remember a couple of times when I'd order food on the phone I'd pretend to talk to a fake person in the room because I didn't want the dudes to think I was going to eat a large calzone and some onion rings all by myself :(

"Hey dude, did you say you wanted Coke or Sprite?! Oh ok, Coke, yeah man can we get a coke too?"

Ordering on the phone is a complete no-go for me, I intentionally use dominos to get shittier pizza for more money because I can easily order online.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Do they have foodler where you live? It's pretty good for avoiding shame :sigh:

https://www.foodler.com

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Kimmalah posted:

I love the Legend of Zelda series and when I first started university I was all alone in the main cafeteria when I saw a girl with a back pack with a triforce on it. I said "Toriori, here is your chance to make your first uni friend!" So I go up and compliment the back pack, and start talking about Zelda when she goes "oh, I had no idea that's what the symbol was, it was just for my dorms floor last year" and walked away. :cripes:

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I wore the only thing stupider than a fedora to my high school prom: a smoking jacket. A silk smoking jacket with a shirt underneath, buttoned just low enough to reveal my pimply, perfectly hairless chest to all. Why no, I didn't have a date. Why do you ask?

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I have decided to stop playing Victoria and similar games because I've realized I am obsessed with pretty borders and will play for hours to get them.

Oh, and I loved playing 7.62 (a pretty buggy Russian game, jagged alliance/x-com hybrid) and my favorite thing was watching groups of NPCs fight each other from a vantage point, dressed in a gillie suit and with a sniper rifle. THen I'd aim a shot at every NPC's right arm, and laugh as they would miss ever shot, drag the fight for ages and end up punching each other.

God I should just quit videogames.

In my defence, I've never played a mmorpg.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Conquistador posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbj8BBsWSA

Hopefully you don't give your imaginary conversation partners names according to what collectibles you have around.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
As a kid I made my own card games because we were too poor to get real cards. Years later I would learn I accidentally made a really basic version of Magic the Gathering.

Still a kid, I played some weird lego RPG deal with my sisters that sort of combined megaman elements into it. That's just pretty nerdy, but what makes it spergy we would have to then play pretty pretty princess. I basically coerced my sisters to play homebrew lego megaman with me in exchange for me playing pretty pretty princess with them.

I did a report in high school on internet memes. Also about Scientology how was basically the devil or some such. In one report. And it was still not the nerdiest presentation in that class, thank god.

I turned down a girl asking me out to senior prom to do, well, nothing besides just generally browse the internet. She was kind of cute, but shy. The amount of courage she had to work up to do that in front of other people must have been insane. And I just instantly shot her down because I thought she was kidding and couldn't think of a response when it became evident she wasn't. To this day it still makes me feel like the biggest rear end in a top hat, goddamn. After moving in 5th grade I didn't even kiss a girl until after high school. I actually wasn't even that bad about keeping my nerdiness in check around others, I was just really introverted. What a loving loser I was. Not that I got much better until fairly recently.

My freshman year of college a girl in my polisci class always flirted with me pretty hard. It wasn't until she told me this at a party she invited (read: forced) me to go to that I was aware of this. Of course this was finals week and I dropped out to work and never saw her again after we hosed there. A girl took me to a party with the express purpose of sleeping with me, did that, and I just decided to never follow up on it. OH WELL, I GUESS :pseudo:

I ~biweekly casually play magic the gathering with close friends and play D&D monthly with the a seperate group from the MtG people but the same people every month. I'm still a pretty big loser.

I am literally as I type this listening to "Heaven" from the persona 4 soundtrack. The rest of the soundtrack is on this playlist however.

I need to start remembering peoples names so I can apologize to them, holy poo poo.

Edit: OH, and I played Furcadia before I was really aware what it was. As far as I knew it was basically a neat interactive chatroom where you could code your own little games, and that's pretty rad! I stopped playing the first time someone tried to cyber with me, so I'm only oblivious about 95% of the time.

Xythe fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 17, 2013

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

I forgot to mention that I just do that when the delivery guy is at the door but yeah I know. It's basically that I can't bear to think that the delivery guy (a job I used to have when I was 18) realises how pathetic I am for ordering pizza for myself.

Which is funny, as soon as my wife is away I'll order a huge pizza for myself since I don't have to share it. Try and appreciate the perks of single life.

The_Doc
Feb 18, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

I loved EC Comics as a kid as well...I'd pick up the annuals and as an adult, I spent several hundred dollars finishing my collection. I think I have all of them but one annual of Haunt of Fear and some Panics. Rereading them now, the writing is aggressively mediocre, but some of the ideas are cool...at least the art is still fantastic! Makes me feel a little better for wasting so much time reading some other generation's pop culture.

I'm doing that myself, now that I have the money (and a job). Do you collect the originals, reprints or both? Also Panic was awesome, but not as good as Mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

FightingMongoose posted:

Which is funny, as soon as my wife is away I'll order a huge pizza for myself since I don't have to share it. Try and appreciate the perks of single life.

I live with my gf, I'm just super insecure I guess.

• Locked thread