Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It's pretty funny to me that everyone is excited about Mystikals new stuff, but people still get hung up on Chris Brown.

Also Fine China is really good, Don't Think They Know is good, and while not EVERYTHING he does is amazing I definitely don't see a Chris Brown feature and assume a song is going to be poo poo immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Danny Brown's output has been ridiculous. I've been buying random beat tapes on Bandcamp, and there he will be, spitting a verse. He is on everything and I am a little worried that its going to whither his enthusiasm or creativity. But it hasn't happened yet, so I guess we are getting a lot of a good thing at this point.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That new Danny Brown track loving knocks

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ashgromnies posted:

What the gently caress are you even trying to communicate, dude? That people shouldn't dislike someone for being an abusive person?
What's so hard to understand? You are AOK with misogyny as long as it is in music.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

temple posted:

What's so hard to understand? You are AOK with misogyny as long as it is in music.

Probably piss on her lips and she'll probably give you a kiss

NASTY

Who gives a poo poo? Is this the rap music thread or the TMZ thread?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Rap needs more misandry not less misogyny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6Wl6XaDUI
ok, maybe a little less misogyny

anything576
Sep 26, 2010
http://cantstophiphop.com/pusha-t-nosetalgia-feat-kendrick-lamar

The new Pusha T track with Kendrick.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Holy poo poo

Edit: The two best albums of the year might be dropping in the next few weeks.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 17, 2013

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Well gently caress me, this is perfect

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know I'm late on this, but I finally listened to BOATS II for the first time today. Really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was better than Yeezus as another poster in this thread claimed, but it's definitely a really fun, enjoyable rap album that I'll keep coming back to.

I think Outroduction was one of my favorites. Lines like

2 Chainz posted:

So hungry I used to try to eat the rain
Well at least until the pizza came

2 Chainz posted:

I heard my little big cousin mad at me
I call him little big cause he younger than me
But he big

had me laughing so hard that I almost ran my car off the road :roflolmao:

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

This is some Hell Hath No Fury poo poo :getin:

And that new Danny Brown holy poo poo I'm so excited for everything

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

asap-salafi posted:

Well gently caress me, this is perfect

yup

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Old preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NuL0Q_r-w

I can't loving wait

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
That is the first time I have seen the album art. Holy poo poo. Incredible.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Danny Brown; right when I thought I had reached maximum hype

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
The Drake album is kinda really good, but a lot of non-rap elements on there as usual so your mileage may vary, rap fans.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the only song im really feeling is the first one with sampha but that poo poo rules enough for the whole album. love that dudes voice/ his poo poo with sbtrkt is awesome too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How can anybody hate wu tang forever.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
The whole album has no "skippables" for me. I can't say the same for BOATS 2 (although there are certainly some good ones on there). This has just been a great year for music, Danny Brown (and maybe Push) is gonna cement that for me. Sampha is interesting I think I'm going to explore SBTRKT a bit more.

Thirdeye
May 2, 2006

Agaetis byrjun
Wow, the Jay Z verse is really awful on Pound Cake. It actually made me start laughing on the first listen.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
This album drops tonight too if anyone cares. I encourage you to listen through to the second verse; the first isn't nearly as good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyec8s975tI

The first track has a Raekwon feature which is literally just him saying "Hey this is these guys' album enjoy". :laffo:

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 17, 2013

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Even more Danny Brown has been released. Yeah it's a feature but still, more Danny Brown.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/premiere-theodore-grams-feat-danny-brown-i-understand

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

temple posted:

Depends on the misogyny I guess. Sometimes it can be hard to listen to, same thing with a lot of underground and battle rappers that throw the word "human being" and homophobia around. It all depends on context and execution. Are they making a point with the misogyny, being funny with it, or just being obnoxious? That's the problem I have with Jedi Mind Tricks for example -- they come across as angry and hateful when they go anti-gay and it's uncomfortable to listen to. I can forgive someone putting it in their music if it's not completely tasteless and offensive, but crossing into the real world with it isn't cool.

Anyways. Anyone else vibing to the new Drake? Better than I expected by far.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Not surprised, all the Drake singles that have come out over the course of 2013 have been pretty good. Unless you hate Drake by default.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
drake's album could be improved by having a birdman outro on every track, meditates and handrubs on the meaning of the song

project pat's new tape is pretty good, just don't listen to any songs with nasty mane please http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2013/09/mixtape-project-pat-cheez-n-dope-2/

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

Jesus motherfucking chist. T actually bodied Kendrick and he bodied the track himself. Jesus motherfucking christ.

quote:

...after you delegate his bills, who gone gently caress his bitch the best?...

I woke up less than five minutes ago. It usually takes me a good hour to not be a straight demon out of bed. I am was amped up and smiling by the end of this song. Have I said Jesus motherfucking christ yet?

Also Kanye is present on the first couple of bars if only in influence and spirit.

Mosaic Perception fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 17, 2013

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Beat sucks, but Pusha is on fire. Want this album so bad :ohdear:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

loving amazing

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

Beat sucks, but Pusha is on fire. Want this album so bad :ohdear:
you're a terrible person

Bedovian
Jul 16, 2012
Fun Shoe
James Blake f. Chance the Rapper

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/read/youneedtohearthis-james-blake-chance

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
some new music yall should listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95zg_BI0kU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZO9fZSXso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF7IXbTKS6k

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I honestly love Danny Brown he is my favorite rapper. His high pitch voice is used for a reason, fans know that pitch is for the emotion and his mentally hashed Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde side. It is what makes him unique, because he sounds comedic but when you listen to his lyrics its atmospheric and ominous, or very dark. The irony of it all is if you are not listening you will overlook the lyrics and see how disturbed and dark they can be also at times hedonistic.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I can see how you would miss the lyrics if you weren't listening.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I'm pretty sure all the best posters in this thread agree Danny Brown owns and Old will be AOTY.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

RiffRaff is pure image. Its interesting in that way. If you consider this hiphop, gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxLS-cpgbe0

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
RiFF RAFF is part of the few amazing things going on in hip hop right now, up there with Danny Brown / Freddie Gibbs / Spark Master Tape / Kendrick Lamar / etc etc.

Diamonds on my BMdub,
Never been a scrub,
Iced out shoulder shrug,
Suit made by koala,
Diamond on my piece and chain,
Looking like Mufasa,
Look like Lion King,

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 18, 2013

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I feel like Riff Raff probably doesn't try very hard and freestyles everything he does because he thinks it adds to his image and while that may be true to an extent he'd be taken much more seriously if he was making verses on par with Bird on a Wire.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

erezaka posted:

I honestly love Danny Brown he is my favorite rapper. His high pitch voice is used for a reason, fans know that pitch is for the emotion and his mentally hashed Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde side. It is what makes him unique, because he sounds comedic but when you listen to his lyrics its atmospheric and ominous, or very dark. The irony of it all is if you are not listening you will overlook the lyrics and see how disturbed and dark they can be also at times hedonistic.

- Timmy, Age 9

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The thing is I don't even hate RiffRaff anymore. I've come full circle. He's interesting. He's like Rihanna in that way. Whoever is directing or producing them can do a lot with their image. But you bullshitting me if you think he or her have more than 5-6 good songs. Which, I'm proud I can admit I like about 5 or 6 of his songs. But that video I posted and most of his other stuff isn't bad meaning good, its bad meaning bad.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Yeah this Drake album is pretty great.

Thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I'm pretty sure riff raff just wants to be famous and chose to become a rapper as he knew it would be the easiest way for him to do so. From that article a few pages back he wasn't really into music until he saw local rappers turning into celebrities overnight around him.

• Locked thread