Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Steam loves to make this game completely unplayable for me. It took ages to download originally because it kept stopping downloading at 2 percent, eventually restarted to download another 2percent at 2mbs and then stop again. This process was annoying repeated when the next patch was released and it took me an entire day to download the drat thing with how often it stuttered. Now after only just playing it once payday has apparently decided to sync or something and gotten stuck at 100percent downloaded with "32 hours until ready" popping up whenever I click play and with steam showing no sign of actually letting me play my drat game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, it's completely possible. You need to look for several clipboards around the house: one will tell you which of the three elements is the right one (you then use the whiteboard at the lab entrance to match that to a main canister colour) and one will tell you what the secondary element is and how many cables are connecting it to the main device (this is shown as e.g. "2xH" for "two cables, hydrogen"). Once you have those, look for a computer in the main lab that gives you a value in psi; you need to convert that to bar and then check the pressure gauge on the engine to make sure that it matches (for reference, the computer almost always indicates ~5800psi which is ~400bar IME, but that might not be the case every time).

The intel on day 1 only does stuff like let you escape in the plane when the engine is confirmed rather than wait for the chopper, or just give you blueprints for the house. It has no bearing on day 2 at all.

:downs: Oh. Now I just feel rather dumb. Thank you for explaining it!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Lamquin posted:

After not seeing it pop up ever, and it being the only mission we had not played yet as a group, my friends and I bought the Big Oil heist by using off-shore money and went into it blindly, only knowing it had a bad reputation.

Day 1 went so-so, but the spending money we got from it was OK for being a short mission. And then we got to map 2.

If the information is burned on day 1, is it practically impossible to know which engine is the correct one? We sent one away for "testing", but died before we got an answer. It being a pro-only job, we're not really keen on retrying it before we know. :haw:
If Lemon's explanation wasn't clear enough or you're a visual learner, try this guide which is found in the Community Hub: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171592213 Should be useful for console versions, too.

Edit: So how about those formations? I'm liking them so far.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What's currently the best combination of primary and secondary weapons (plus their mods) for minimum visibility?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

What's currently the best combination of primary and secondary weapons (plus their mods) for minimum visibility?

I dunno what the minimum visibility is, but for low tier I use CAR and Bernetti, you can further modify the CAR for lower vis

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Looks like you can make beaucoup bucks (well, at least as much as the new patch allows), they made Rats: cooking meth fully (six/seven bags), double crossing the trade, and then doing the bus.. Of course you still have to cook many many bags on day1.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

SpazmasterX posted:

Got my highest paying game ever. Overkill Firestarter. Forgive the giant cellphone picture.

10 weapon bags, 7 bags of weapons and coke in the evidence locker, 5 bags of cash and gold in the deposit boxes. Almost completely stealthed day 3, but a random civilian apparently spawned and called the cops while we were opening boxes.

I'm not sure what this new economy is. They made everything more expensive and overkill twice as hard but you would have gotten three million for 22 bags before patch 11.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
I did some calculations and it seems that bags are worth the same on Pro Overkill as Overkill, so if you're only doing things for money you might as well just go with non-pro job. You get slightly more from the contract day rate but on for example Framing Frames it's only 75 000. The experience on pro jobs make it well worth it though.

Carecat posted:

I'm not sure what this new economy is. They made everything more expensive and overkill twice as hard but you would have gotten three million for 22 bags before patch 11.

The screenshot is from a console version.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I dunno what the minimum visibility is, but for low tier I use CAR and Bernetti, you can further modify the CAR for lower vis

Yeah, a stealth barrel CAR with a folding stock, stealth foregrip and vintage mag is pretty much invisible. A silenced crosskill with a vented slide is also very low-vis, and without the silencer it's even lower and packs a respectable punch.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Crewmine posted:

Yeah, a stealth barrel CAR with a folding stock, stealth foregrip and vintage mag is pretty much invisible. A silenced crosskill with a vented slide is also very low-vis, and without the silencer it's even lower and packs a respectable punch.

The MP5 with no stock and the Kurz barrel is the lowest-visibility secondary, I'm fairly sure. You can put a medium silencer on it and its visibility won't go up, that's how low it gets.

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The MP5 with no stock and the Kurz barrel is the lowest-visibility secondary, I'm fairly sure. You can put a medium silencer on it and its visibility won't go up, that's how low it gets.

Alternatively, Bare Essentials + The ninja for the same vis and silence, plus better recoil and/or mobility.

And yeah, as far as primaries go, car-4 is the only one you can get really low vis on. Short barrel + stubby might go even lower vis than stealth barrel with all the other mods, but I haven't gotten them to try yet. That way you'll still have a silenced mp5 and the loud car-4 for backup. You may even be able to wear a flak jacket and still be medium vis with all that.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Just got 1m spending money on OK Rats from 5 meth bags, 2 money bags from the gangsters, and 12 bags on the bridge (not including the two which were lost to pubbie aim). I actually really like the cash balancing now. 1m feels perfect for the effort that went in.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Sockerbagarn posted:

:airquote:"screenshot"

:v:

Looks like they missed a decimal again, because buying a Proverkill Rats run is only $900k offshore, which is $300k cheaper than Overkill 4 Stores.

Get those cheap XP runs with one weird trick discovered by a goon. Goldfarb hates this!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Not sure that's an oversight - maybe they want the card-effective missions to be losing offshore and the multi-day missions to be offshore money makers even if you buy them.

Of course the not stupid solution is to drop a card every day of a heist.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

DatonKallandor posted:

Not sure that's an oversight - maybe they want the card-effective missions to be losing offshore and the multi-day missions to be offshore money makers even if you buy them.

Of course the not stupid solution is to drop a card every day of a heist.

Proverkill Firestarter is now in the neighborhood of ~$10 Mill, so $9M for Rats would make sense. $900K is insanely cheap.

e: Also, it should be one card for every day, but dropped at the end of the heist.

Otherwise Rats would be the go-to for XP AND cards.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Foehammer posted:

e: Also, it should be one card for every day, but dropped at the end of the heist.

Otherwise Rats would be the go-to for XP AND cards.

One card per extra bag. Solves the card problem, makes Bank Heist worth doing, makes speedrunning Rats no good for cards.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

@locust9: "The eagle has landed. #payday2 pic.twitter.com/2zpyTznvMB"

"Are these actually going to be in the game? Also the horse mask?"
@locust9: "no, we're making them for a show and tell we're doing at the white house. #YESTHEYAREFORTHEGAME"

"David, props to u n the OKL Team 4 the hard work, Will throwing the bagged civvy bodies into the van ever negate the cleaner costs?"
@locust9: "one day I hope"

@locust9: "Looking at armor now, IM topping out at 14, CT at 6."

"A game about robbing with only 1 bank seems silly. Will you make atleast 1 more free one?"
@locust9: "working on them."
[First World Bank + Election Day]

"Wondering if you've ever considered adding a random heist option? Only able to pick difficulty or if it's a Pro job or not."
@locust9: "yes. Working on something."
"Random mission system with +% rewards due to randomness would be awesome."
@locust9: "like I said. :=)"

"How bout T7 Enforcer skill ... Dozer armor? Seems strange that currently Techs have more armor than Enfs."
@locust9: "already on my list."

If people are reading these and assuming Goldfarb is just saying yes to everyone remember that I'm only posting the relevant tweets

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

zylche posted:

#YESTHEYAREFORTHEGAME"

Than where's my enormous horse head you motherfucker :argh:

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Foehammer posted:

Proverkill Firestarter is now in the neighborhood of ~$10 Mill, so $9M for Rats would make sense. $900K is insanely cheap.

Proverkill Firestarter is just over four million, so nine million would be a little excessive.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Sockerbagarn posted:

I did some calculations and it seems that bags are worth the same on Pro Overkill as Overkill, so if you're only doing things for money you might as well just go with non-pro job. You get slightly more from the contract day rate but on for example Framing Frames it's only 75 000. The experience on pro jobs make it well worth it though.

Have they even patched the console version at all since release?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

quote:

"A game about robbing with only 1 bank seems silly. Will you make atleast 1 more free one?"

Need more heists! :getin:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

SaucyLoggins posted:

Once, but it seemed to be a fix for connection problems. Content-wise, we are basically in the beta.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zylche posted:

"Are these actually going to be in the game? Also the horse mask?"
@locust9: "no, we're making them for a show and tell we're doing at the white house. #YESTHEYAREFORTHEGAME"

"David, props to u n the OKL Team 4 the hard work, Will throwing the bagged civvy bodies into the van ever negate the cleaner costs?"
@locust9: "one day I hope"

@locust9: "Looking at armor now, IM topping out at 14, CT at 6."

"Wondering if you've ever considered adding a random heist option? Only able to pick difficulty or if it's a Pro job or not."
@locust9: "yes. Working on something."
"Random mission system with +% rewards due to randomness would be awesome."
@locust9: "like I said. :=)"

"How bout T7 Enforcer skill ... Dozer armor? Seems strange that currently Techs have more armor than Enfs."

If people are reading these and assuming Goldfarb is just saying yes to everyone remember that I'm only posting the relevant tweets

I want that loving Eagle mask.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Motherfucker posted:

Than where's my enormous horse head you motherfucker :argh:

Could be that they're trying to get the polygon count down, or working on LOD models for the new masks. It's been mentioned that PD2 is much more compute intensive than PD1, both for CPU and GPU, so they may be trying to minimize the effect on players' games.

Just a guess, I don't know.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

zylche posted:

Spend those damned skill points already! I bet all the devs use LUA hooks :colbert:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Could be that they're trying to get the polygon count down, or working on LOD models for the new masks. It's been mentioned that PD2 is much more compute intensive than PD1, both for CPU and GPU, so they may be trying to minimize the effect on players' games.

Just a guess, I don't know.

They might also need to apply the patterns to each mask separately which would take a while.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Well, they did add four new masks in patch 11 and the only one I've seen so far is the anime one.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

SaucyLoggins posted:

Unless it moved in the last 12 or so hours, no.

I enjoy 10 zip ties and teleporting things through walls.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Vatek posted:

Well, they did add four new masks in patch 11 and the only one I've seen so far is the anime one.

2 of them look almost identical to Mr. Smooth or whatever it is, you might've seen them and passed them up.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
This is my current planned end-game build and this is my current skillset.

I'm considering dropping Joker. I almost exclusively play on OK, and even converted greens and tans die really quickly. I think I'm going to keep at least 12 points in MM just to keep Intimidate and Smooth Talker for stealth runs.

My biggest conflict is whether to go back to the tech tree for C4 and Bulletproof since the latter got a big buff, or whether sticking with Ghost and going for mobility and Safe Cracker is a better choice.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

zylche posted:

Did I miss something here? Did techs suddenly get access to the last tier armor, because I could have sworn I've only see that on Enforcers.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Skoll posted:

Did I miss something here? Did techs suddenly get access to the last tier armor, because I could have sworn I've only see that on Enforcers.
It's more the amount of armour buffs they get negating a lot of benefits to T6 Enforcer.

"ECM feedback much better but range could still be a little higher. It's a nice panic button, but hard to "make openings" 27m?"
@locust9: "bumped to 25m"

@locust9: "Why hello there mp40. #payday2 pic.twitter.com/lwibTB9G9l"

"Doesn't look like any MP40 I've seen. Basic shape yeah, but everything else not really."
@locust9: "yeah I think it is more of a riff on one. Inspired by."

Le0 posted:

Need more heists! :getin:
:getin:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
That is a Carl Gustav M/45.

Looks like we're getting a Sig 552 as well: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUdVlkKCcAAlz5h.jpg:large

Vatek fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 18, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Castle Wolfenstein DLC confirmed.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Where's my silver lamé body armour?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CiOWcUVGJM

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Vatek posted:

That is a Carl Gustav M/45
:sweden: as gently caress.

Also played with a swedish friend of a friend a few days ago, he was happy they included the AK5, now they're just being spoiled by all the borkbork guns

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Finally Wolf will get a fully :sweden: loadout with an AK5 and CG M/45.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Castle Wolfenstein DLC confirmed.

I'd buy that. I'm totally serious. Think about heisting an old german castle filled up with nazis and getting all the bling inside. As much as I'd like to have more heists, big banks etc... I want to see some batshit crazy stuff like a heist on Black Mesa, Castle Wolfenstein and trying to steal the blueprints for the BFG9000 in Doom's mars base. Bring it, either overkill or the community. :colbert:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Vatek posted:

That is a Carl Gustav M/45.

Looks like we're getting a Sig 552 as well: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUdVlkKCcAAlz5h.jpg:large
"Is there any way we can get the SIG 552 (A fav weapon of Kane from Kane & Lynch) or the Kel-Tec KSG shotgun or Kel-Tec RFB rifle?"
@locust9: "you mean this? pic.twitter.com/GWnPcQ6ibP"

[About the MP40]
"Thats a swedish M45 I do believe."
@locust9: "yep, have been scolded by weapon nerds everywhere."

"Do you hate sawforcers with sec shotgun? Getting shredded inside 10m by HRTs with MP5, while having ~7m effective combat range. LOL"
@locust9: "gave you a 13m option w loco."
"How much damage does the loco do on 11m? 0.15?"
@locust9: "75% now. It's a murder wall to about 8m"

"didn't see anything about Low Visibility in patch notes, is the player still spotted easily when wearing low vis gear?"
"can be tested on Frames day 1 by walking from the bathroom to hall E; front desk guard will spot in low vis gear, but not med/high."
@locust9: "yeah viz is bugged. We are on it."

"2 quick things! 1 - Enforcers can't contribute much to stealth missions, I think more camera feed options could fix this (cont.)"
@locust9: "yeah, i have a plan for this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

He really does say yes to everything. This is unfortunate for console users because we'll always be behind the curve. I just want to play your fun game!! :sigh:

• Locked thread