Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shamelessly stolen from Syfy.com.

Last season ended completely loving insane with some sort of alien spacecraft in an old rear end barn. Maybe not aliens, maybe time travelers, who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Fallout

Season 4 picks up six months after the violent meteor storm that pummeled Haven. Unfortunately, the infamous Troubles didn't disappear with Audrey, who is living under a new identity when she is approached by a mysterious man in need of her assistance.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm in. I love this show. Very underrated.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

A little spoiler that came out earlier concerning a few episodes.

Audrey won't be in a few episodes due to Emily Rose's real life pregnancy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Audrey Farber?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Lol at Duke: "Yes, I am a criminal, but one with a heart of gold."

That was pretty good. I assume Duke's brother has the family power? I didn't seem to remember him when we saw Duke's father though. And I wonder if this guy in the bar where Aubrey/Lexi is at is the new version of her FBI boss/supernatural handler, but one who's gone off the radar?

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 14, 2013

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Astroman posted:

Lol at Duke: "Yes, I am a criminal, but one with a heart of gold."

That was pretty good. I assume Duke's brother has the family power? I didn't seem to remember him when we saw Duke's father though. And I wonder if this guy in the bar where Aubrey/Lexi is at is the new version of her FBI boss/supernatural handler, but one who's gone off the radar?

I definitely got that vibe about the new guy too. The whole "Haven't seen you around here before" "Never had a reason to be here" exchange sold me on it.

Good premiere, I'm pleased with how they handled the fallout of the finale (though technically, shouldn't those meteors have just kept falling?) with real and severe consequences.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I enjoyed the premiere quite a bit. Glad to have this show back. Also really like the addition of Colin Ferguson to the cast. Always did like him.

Also, if you didn't catch this before you should watch it. It's a ton of fun. One of the best cast panels I've ever seen. A lot of drunken fun. Starts about 23 minutes in for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUMiIbadFLc

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Deadpool posted:

I enjoyed the premiere quite a bit. Glad to have this show back. Also really like the addition of Colin Ferguson to the cast. Always did like him.

Also, if you didn't catch this before you should watch it. It's a ton of fun. One of the best cast panels I've ever seen. A lot of drunken fun. Starts about 23 minutes in for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUMiIbadFLc

I'm a few minutes into this and Colin is the best! Love that guy.
Loved the premiere for the show and how the explained it all without doing some weird 'it never happened or something'.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The newspaper brothers still make me mad. They're so unhelpful! :argh: Thought the premiere was solid, and I'm intrigued by Colin Ferguson's character and whatever his deal is. I'm glad that WWE's The Edge can go by his name now in the credits. :cheeky: I like his character.

New girl seems fun, but is an obvious audience insert so the other characters can throw exposition at her. I'll forgive her for now.

But what the hell is the barn anyway!? Spaceship? Tardis? Duke looked like he got sucked into space.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hollylolly posted:

WWE's The Edge

You can set your watch by that stubble.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Looks like they fixed the steeple fast.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Astroman posted:

Looks like they fixed the steeple fast.

Maybe there are helpful troubles too. Like some guy whose family has, for generations, been able to spontaneously repair structures whenever they overhear someone complaining about building costs.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm liking Duke's brother so far. Not making him a con artist and the explanation of how he stayed with their mother growing up to get by why he was never mentioned before works.

I'm still trying to figure out these guys at "Lexi's" bar...are they two different factions of supernatural Barn generated entities like Audrey's FBI boss? Or just people who know about the troubles out in the real world?

hollylolly posted:

The newspaper brothers still make me mad. They're so unhelpful! :argh: Thought the premiere was solid, and I'm intrigued by Colin Ferguson's character and whatever his deal is. I'm glad that WWE's The Edge can go by his name now in the credits. :cheeky: I like his character.

New girl seems fun, but is an obvious audience insert so the other characters can throw exposition at her. I'll forgive her for now.
But what the hell is the barn anyway!? Spaceship? Tardis? Duke looked like he got sucked into space.

They were always unhelpful, but the change of them being the hardbitten mean spirited leaders of The Guard is a little off-putting.

While I'm not sure what The Barn is per se, I would imagine the inside, with the white rooms, concrete blocks, and modern lights, updates itself to the period. For example if you went inside in the 1800s it would have had gaslights and wood walls, 1700s torches, stone, and wood. But probably still white.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I'm not convinced the bar is real yet. The people in there seem to be real nonchalant about all the gun play.

Also Duke having brother(s) has been mentioned in the show before, I believe when they had some "oldest son" trouble thing playing out. He knew he was okay since he was the youngest.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Astroman posted:

They were always unhelpful, but the change of them being the hardbitten mean spirited leaders of The Guard is a little off-putting.

Yes! I liked the reveal at the end of last season but now they're just jerks and I hate the Guard and can't seem to generate any sympathy for them at all. Please send a meteor to smush then, thanks in advance.

My guess on Lexi's bar and the guy talking to her (does his character have a name? I'm going to call him Colin) is that he is a replacement for the not-FBI guy that got killed. Everything went haywire when the Barn imploded so whatever supernatural forces are behind the whole thing are struggling to make it right? I mean, when Audrey popped out as Audrey her memory was already in place to send her to Haven and Agent Whatshisname was in place to guide her.

I really don't know what the heck, but yes, the people in the bar were way too laid back about gunplay. I would have been screaming and running. :lol:

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Teek posted:

I'm not convinced the bar is real yet. The people in there seem to be real nonchalant about all the gun play.

It all feels like a setup to jump start Audreys memories by making her do what she does best, helping people. Maybe she is still in the barn?

I also want to know what trouble Vince and Dave have. It was obvious, that Vince isn't just some random old guy, in the final episode of the first season and the way he talks to Jordan also implies that he isn't scared of her.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I watched the first episode or two of this show a while back, and remember it being alright I guess, but it sort of had a cheesy feeling to it. How far would I need to watch before it gets good or is likely to click?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

BlazinLow305 posted:

I watched the first episode or two of this show a while back, and remember it being alright I guess, but it sort of had a cheesy feeling to it. How far would I need to watch before it gets good or is likely to click?

I didn't start getting into it until the season 1 finale.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Yes! I liked the reveal at the end of last season but now they're just jerks and I hate the Guard and can't seem to generate any sympathy for them at all. Please send a meteor to smush then, thanks in advance.

My guess on Lexi's bar and the guy talking to her (does his character have a name? I'm going to call him Colin) is that he is a replacement for the not-FBI guy that got killed. Everything went haywire when the Barn imploded so whatever supernatural forces are behind the whole thing are struggling to make it right? I mean, when Audrey popped out as Audrey her memory was already in place to send her to Haven and Agent Whatshisname was in place to guide her.

I really don't know what the heck, but yes, the people in the bar were way too laid back about gunplay. I would have been screaming and running. :lol:

Is he the replacement for Audrey's FBI boss, or some other force. Because if he is he's off script. This is the first time it appears someone from The Barn has tried to tell her she's anything but what she thinks she is. At least in the past iterations we've seen. But that's probably why those guys were after him. Or maybe The Barn is trying something new.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Astroman posted:

Is he the replacement for Audrey's FBI boss, or some other force. Because if he is he's off script. This is the first time it appears someone from The Barn has tried to tell her she's anything but what she thinks she is. At least in the past iterations we've seen. But that's probably why those guys were after him. Or maybe The Barn is trying something new.

Well, the Troubles didn't stop, and it's only six months later, not 27 years. So I think it's safe to say the Barn mechanism is off script. But I guess we'll find out!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Bad Blood

Nathan is on the case when bodies that have been drained of all their blood are discovered; at the same time, Duke tries desperately to convince his half-brother Wade to make his stay in the troubled town of Haven a short one.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Ah, so she still is in The Barn. And Vince is gonna stop being so much of a douche, which is a good thing.

I'm also really starting to like Duke's brother. They made a good choice not making him Duke 2.0.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Looks like the cast page will need a namechange.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I'm not the only one who got a sinister vibe off of Colin Ferguson in this episode, am I? I suspect he's the "power beyond our control" from Dave's (Vince's?) warning and we'll be seeing him in Haven before too long, a rogue agent from whatever group controls the Barn. Sort of like in Supernatural, where the apocalypse not happening resulted in chaos among the angels, it seems like the Barn being destroyed might have some serious ripple effects.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hope we'll be seeing him again. Colin is awesome and I want him on the show full time. He carried an entire series and fits in really well on this one. Also hoping that Jennifer sticks around.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I feel bad. I never remember this show is on until Saturday when I notice it's on my DVR. Good episode though, I wonder if Lexi is permanent.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

ShakeZula posted:

I'm not the only one who got a sinister vibe off of Colin Ferguson in this episode, am I? I suspect he's the "power beyond our control"...

That was my impression as well, and when you think about his introduction, it makes even more sense. The constructs of Audrey/Lexi's mind were acting like antibodies to remove him until he convinced her to interfere.

I could see the bar/n having a dual nature - after every cycle where an Audrey pops out to bring a temporary end to the Troubles, a Sheriff Carter pops out to restore them.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Looks also like the whole "Audrey has to kill the one she loves most" plan won't work, since Lexi doesn't love anyone there. The Guard is gonna be pissed off! :D

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Really enjoying this season so far. And as far as a means to keep Emily Rose "off" the show a bit to help hide her pregnancy, it really worked functionally with the story as well without really hurting anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teek posted:

Really enjoying this season so far. And as far as a means to keep Emily Rose "off" the show a bit to help hide her pregnancy, it really worked functionally with the story as well without really hurting anything.

Yeah, literally all of her scenes in the first four episodes could have been filmed the first weekend she came back. Yet they didn't feel out of place at all. It was a good device to work around giving her time off.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

I'm enjoying this season so far. My only real gripe is I'm getting annoyed at just how often Miss Bad Touch and her gun toting Guard entourage pop up out of the blue. Fine, it's one of the competing stresses on our heroes, but I'd love a couple episodes without her scowling and threatening people.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Limbo posted:

I'm enjoying this season so far. My only real gripe is I'm getting annoyed at just how often Miss Bad Touch and her gun toting Guard entourage pop up out of the blue. Fine, it's one of the competing stresses on our heroes, but I'd love a couple episodes without her scowling and threatening people.

The first few seasons they didn't exist and nobody had the tattoo Duke was obsessed over; now they just walk around town flashing tattoos and guns! Hopefully the fact that Lexi can't just kill Nathan will get them to back the gently caress off. Also I'm interested to know exactly what was "released" from the door.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ending! :dance:

I jumped off the couch when I saw that!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hahah, yeah that was great. Good episode too, glad Jennifer is sticking around too. Thought for a bit that Duke's brother might have to kill that guy's original body. In hindsight though I see why they had it be Duke, as it played into the reveal.

Also interesting to see how Jordan will play Wade, since I would think she's going to try to get him to kill Lexie. Also have to offer my appreciation that they even brought Jordan back. The writers seem to like those one and done seasonal characters. While she's not that nuanced a character, it's nice they've had her stick around another year so we could get more of her.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 12, 2013

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Ugh, I hate Jordan! She's got such a one track mind. I guess I understand that it's her characterization and I appreciate the writers sticking to that, but I really hate her.

I'm so glad Audrey was faking being Lexi this whole time, that is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It was definitely a well-played reveal. Now that we know Audrey is herself again, I expect the "power" Dave was worried about to be showing up sooner rather than later (and I still don't think they got Colin Ferguson for just those bar scenes).

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Astroman posted:

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ending! :dance:

I jumped off the couch when I saw that!

Seriously, I haven't been shocked by a show in a very long time

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That was pretty great. Man I hope this show gets renewed, they keep amping up the crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

I loved how she just slid back into her 'Audrey face' in that closeup. Wonderful nonverbal acting from Emily Rose. And also the little ways that she is getting Nathan...talking about peyote and bondage and such.

• Locked thread