Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WendigoJohnson posted:

So are they going to reveal new Generations guys anytime soon? We're getting close to having everything listed released.

I don't want the line to go on hiatus again just when everything is getting so good.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty good amount of stuff left to come out, going by this list.

We've got wave 3 and 4 of Deluxes, Legends, and Voyagers, by my reckoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty good amount of stuff left to come out, going by this list.

We've got wave 3 and 4 of Deluxes, Legends, and Voyagers, by my reckoning.

You only have Whirl as the last voyager and Rhinox and Double Dealer are the wave before that. Legends are still two guys per wave too, which only brings the targetmasters to 4 figures left to go. Only the deluxes have anything in large amounts with 4 guys per wave, making 8 guys to be released. In total there's only 16 figures left to be released.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

LightsGameraAction posted:

Hey guys, I finally set myself up with a paypal account and I'm gearing up to sell a bunch of my collection, it's gonna take me a while to get through everything but I figure I'd throw some stuff up here first. I just have a few quick questions for the ones of you that have done this sort of thing before. Mainly dealing with how you cover shipping/what is the best shipping option to use for sending tf's and what you guys would consider good etiquette for making these transactions go down. Also where can I host images to upload into my post?

Also I hate to be like this but nobody get too excited yet, most of the stuff I'll be selling right away is newer, as I need to get rid of it for space/money reasons. Also I'm hecka-busy on the weekdays so I'll obviously need you guys to exercise some patience with me. That said the faster you guys help me out the faster I can start throwing stuff up.

If you've any Arms Microns, I'd love to buy those!(Just the little Microns themselves) Generations Legends and the FoC Wreckers are also on my list.

Thread content: What's the status of the Wreckers? Are they coming back in IDWverse? I swear, I saw mention of them somewhere recently.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Thrilling Thirty is like half done and most of what remains is out for the holiday quarter then the long night begins.

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Thread content: What's the status of the Wreckers? Are they coming back in IDWverse? I swear, I saw mention of them somewhere recently.
Springer is in a coma, Roadbuster is guarding him. They are the only "actual" Wreckers still in the group, with Roadbuster kicking out Whirl for trying to euthanize Springer.

Perceptor, Whirl and Sandstorm are on the lost light - Hyperion is dead, so is another ex-wrecker on the LL. There's another I'm forgetting.

Broadside is on Cybertron, Scoop is there as well and imprisoned for crimes Rattrap pinned on him.

Impactor and Guzzle are off flying around murdering 'cons. So basically there's no Wreckers at the moment and I think Springer coming back isn't planned for Dark Cybertron. Maybe in season 2 of MTMTE.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The thing I don't get about Thrilling 30 is that the 30th is next year, but as pointed out they've put out half the anniversary product this year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

The thing I don't get about Thrilling 30 is that the 30th is next year, but as pointed out they've put out half the anniversary product this year.

TF4 comes out next year. Its toys are going to cannibalize the sales of any non-movie product, as we've seen thrice before. Get the 30th product out to consumers before stores stop stocking it. It's a considerate move.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

WendigoJohnson posted:

You only have Whirl as the last voyager and Rhinox and Double Dealer are the wave before that. Legends are still two guys per wave too, which only brings the targetmasters to 4 figures left to go. Only the deluxes have anything in large amounts with 4 guys per wave, making 8 guys to be released. In total there's only 16 figures left to be released.

All those are scheduled for 2014, though. The 2013 release schedule for TFs is pretty much over and done with at this point.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Am I alone in hoping they do an entire line of Metroplex repaints as the other Titans? I keep seeing that panel where all the Titans are leaving Cybertron with Metrotitan in the front and I will seriously buy every recolor they make.

I think I'm sick.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
So its not just me? I... I really don't know what to make of this...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Rage posted:

Am I alone in hoping they do an entire line of Metroplex repaints as the other Titans? I keep seeing that panel where all the Titans are leaving Cybertron with Metrotitan in the front and I will seriously buy every recolor they make.

I think I'm sick.

Botcon exclusive to end all Botcon exclusives. A six Titan set, each with a different head sculpt, costing a cool 1500 bucks.

It will elicit glorious rage, and sell out completely.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

GD_American posted:

Botcon exclusive to end all Botcon exclusives. A six Titan set, each with a different head sculpt, costing a cool 1500 bucks.

I am in favor of this, and will be glad to do whatever I can to help make it happen.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GD_American posted:

Why would anyone rage? It's like what, x5 the price and x500 superior to the endless shitshow of shattered glass "headband sold separately" credit card thief robots they've put out the last couple years?

Wait, is it x3 or x5? I can't remember how much botcon stuff is, other than "ah ha third party price for nothing worth it"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Why would anyone rage?

This fandom complained about Generations Warpath. They don't deserve anything good in their lives.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

GD_American posted:

The first and only Botcon I would attend.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GD_American posted:

This fandom complained about Generations Warpath. They don't deserve anything good in their lives.

I don't see how you could complain about him. Unless it's he doesn't come with enough weapons to justify his namesake, which is Warpath.

Because they turned a G1 Brick of a Minifgure into a fully articulated deluxe figure that does justice to both the vehicle and robot mode.

Also I don't really see how they could ever retool Metroplex into another guy without it looking like Metroplex with a different coat of paint. Yeah there's Metrotitan but he sucks.

They can't even retool the head because of how snug it fits in the alt modes. This is beyond something like taking Energon Omega Supreme's head and Arm and switching them out to make Platinum Supreme. He would need a new upper torso entirely. Not only that but his alt modes are distinctly Metroplexian and there's no way you could ever make those into something else.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 23, 2013

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Different faces plus different colored visors would be fine. Of course there'd be no other retooling.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

I don't see how you could complain about him. Unless it's he doesn't come with enough weapons to justify his namesake, which is Warpath.

Because they turned a G1 Brick of a Minifgure into a fully articulated deluxe figure that does justice to both the vehicle and robot mode.

Also I don't really see how they could ever retool Metroplex into another guy without it looking like Metroplex with a different coat of paint. Yeah there's Metrotitan but he sucks.

They can't even retool the head because of how snug it fits in the alt modes. This is beyond something like taking Energon Omega Supreme's head and Arm and switching them out to make Platinum Supreme. He would need a new upper torso entirely. Not only that but his alt modes are distinctly Metroplexian and there's no way you could ever make those into something else.

Didn't ask for retooling, literally just repaint him into all the other Titan colors and release them. Maybe make some new weapons or something, but still not required. All I want is repaints.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

3rd Party would pick up the slack there for anyone who cared, anyway

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I want a Animated Magnus repainted as Powered Convoy so bad

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Rage posted:

I think I'm sick.

No, but I'm going to be the odd man out and say I wouldn't want that. I can barely fit Fort Max and Metroplex into my collection. Imagine having like, 10 Metroplexes.

WendigoJohnson posted:

I have a feeling that they'll make a Fort Max version someday with a Headmaster. Sure, it'll probably look like Metroplex with Fort Max's head, but if you have such a huge toy, you gotta do something with it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have a feeling that they'll make a Fort Max version someday with a Headmaster. Sure, it'll probably look like Metroplex with Fort Max's head, but if you have such a huge toy, you gotta do something with it.

With the right paint job and maybe a remolded shoulder and leg guns, I could see that working well enough.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

With the right paint job and maybe a remolded shoulder and leg guns, I could see that working well enough.

I kinda feel like you would need to remold his torso to really get the look to work, but I guess they could just make Metroplex's little ramp\door thing translucent green and he'll just be a skinny mirror image Fort Max or something.

I mean, it's not the best solution but you gotta work with what you have.

Also, over the past couple weeks I've picked up waves 1 and 2 of the IDW Generations figures. They're... kinda disappointing. They often have very bad and sloppy paint jobs, and I had to compare a bunch of them just to get something that looks halfway okay. A lot of blotches, overspray, nicked paint and not enough layers of paint so the plastic shows through, all in the packaging, and on multiple different figures, although Bumblebee is the most noticeable and the worst. They have terrible QC.

IDW Megatron looks nice but is really light, cheap feeling and icky in your hands. I also hear he disintegrates if you play with him too much. His plastic feels so... bendy and oily for lack of a better word.

Orion Pax looks nice, but mines left hand doesn't like to stay in and the paint on his eyes make him look like he's all shifty eyed and looking off at an angle.

Bumblebee has awful paint apps, yellow paint that's completely the wrong color to match his plastic and not thick enough so the black plastic shows through, and had large, visible nubs from the sprue that I had to shave off with a hobby knife. He also has a bit of overspray. (His alt mode is surprisingly nice, though!)

Trailbreaker has no QC problems but his truck mode is small and odd looking, especially if you take off the camper. I wish he had a normal, non-armored cab and didn't have his forcefield generator sticking up so high off the truck. If you could lower it, it could be like a searchlight or something, but no, it just looks weird.

My Thundercracker also doesn't have QC issues, but the other one in the store had really messy silver paint with scratches and overspray everywhere.

Hoist has all of Trailbreaker's problems, and without the camper shield the truck looks even weirder. He doesn't have enough coats of orange on his knees so the green shows through.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 23, 2013

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The more I mess with Trailcutter and Hoist, the more I like them. I definitely like Hoist more, though. I agree that the searchlight bar looks goofy no matter how you slice it, and their vehicle modes are kind of small, but their robot modes are cool and I like their transformations.

If a third-party company comes out with a "Forcefield Face" alternate head for Trailcutter, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The more I mess with Trailcutter and Hoist, the more I like them. I definitely like Hoist more, though. I agree that the searchlight bar looks goofy no matter how you slice it, and their vehicle modes are kind of small, but their robot modes are cool and I like their transformations.

If a third-party company comes out with a "Forcefield Face" alternate head for Trailcutter, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I sorta feel like I'm the only person bothered by that searchlight bar sometimes. I wish it was a separate piece that could come off, or maybe slide down to be flush with the cab so it wouldn't look so bad.

And... I've never seen a truck with a cab like that. It's an... armored cab? Like, a military thing? An armored cab... on a camper? Where the gently caress are these people going camping, Afghanistan? The outskirts of Raccoon City? I mean, I guess you could kinda say that Hoist is like... a military tow truck that tows blown up Humvees or something but I dunno what the gently caress is going on with Trailbreaker's alt mode.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

WendigoJohnson posted:

He's the best H-tank ever, which is (to resort to cliche) like coming in 1st place at the Special Olympics. Also, as someone who has absolutely no investment in his character or anything, he may be super-G1 accurate, but he needs at least one other color to break up all that maroon. These are pretty minor flaws compared to the problems modern deluxes have, but they're enough to keep him in the extras bin instead of taking up valuable shelf real estate.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He's the best H-tank ever, which is (to resort to cliche) like coming in 1st place at the Special Olympics. Also, as someone who has absolutely no investment in his character or anything, he may be super-G1 accurate, but he needs at least one other color to break up all that maroon. These are pretty minor flaws compared to the problems modern deluxes have, but they're enough to keep him in the extras bin instead of taking up valuable shelf real estate.

But his engineering is PERFECT. Reducing him to an "H-tank" does him a disservice.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

How many of you guys are Brits, and specifically near Manchester? We might be getting James Roberts and Nick Roche in for a signing at our comic shop soon. I don't get to go to many conventions due to work so I'll be pretty chuffed if it goes ahead.

The anxiety waiting for this weeks issue is surprising. I don't really want anyone to get killed off, even the jerk characters are pretty glorious in this series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Podges posted:

How many of you guys are Brits, and specifically near Manchester? We might be getting James Roberts and Nick Roche in for a signing at our comic shop soon. I don't get to go to many conventions due to work so I'll be pretty chuffed if it goes ahead.

The anxiety waiting for this weeks issue is surprising. I don't really want anyone to get killed off, even the jerk characters are pretty glorious in this series.

Brit here, but down in London. :(

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Podges posted:

Yep, I heard that too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

Brit here, but down in London. :(

Me too. You never know, they might visit on of the London stores as well, unless they are touring Travelling Man or something.

With all the IDW-based designs in Generations, dare I hope we get a Cybertronian "Iron Man face-chest" Rodimus?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Gammatron 64 posted:

No, but I'm going to be the odd man out and say I wouldn't want that. I can barely fit Fort Max and Metroplex into my collection. Imagine having like, 10 Metroplexes.

The only reason I would ever get so many Metroplexes is if I could somehow use them to hold up the shelving for the rest of my toys. Like a pillar in a Catholic cathedral that sits on top of some squashed demon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Me too. You never know, they might visit on of the London stores as well, unless they are touring Travelling Man or something.

With all the IDW-based designs in Generations, dare I hope we get a Cybertronian "Iron Man face-chest" Rodimus?

Well, Roche lives in Dublin, so that might not happen. Hope for the best though.

A new Rodimus would rock though. Actually, is it me or is the new Skids almost too blue? Like he could use a little more detailing/paint apps?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Well, Roche lives in Dublin, so that might not happen. Hope for the best though.

A new Rodimus would rock though. Actually, is it me or is the new Skids almost too blue? Like he could use a little more detailing/paint apps?

I took a look at that guy and thought it was a PRID Rumble in the wrong packaging.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Sadly they can only come for the day, and just to my Travelling Man. I know it's a bit lame, but there is a decent 2 hour London-Manchester train and the shop is just a few minutes walk from the station. They seem like super nice chaps!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe the brighter blue represents his brighter outlook on life! Maybe the new Skids is a cheerful go-getter! What do you mean "then why am I covered in guns"? What gu- oh slag where did those come from

Kind of annoyed at the big flangy things hanging off his calves. Still gonna get one. I cannot resist an Autobot so covered in guns.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Hasbro really has a thing for baby blue

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

catch22 posted:

Hasbro really has a thing for baby blue

Why do I have the feeling it must be one of the cheapest colors to make for some reason

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They also photoshop the hell out of their promo pics (and not even in a nice way) so it might look cooler in hand.

I want that Waspinator so much... SO MUCH.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 24, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like how his guns have guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I sorta feel like I'm the only person bothered by that searchlight bar sometimes. I wish it was a separate piece that could come off, or maybe slide down to be flush with the cab so it wouldn't look so bad.
I agree, the searchlight should collapse down or something. I'm trying to think of practical examples, but the most obvious one is Warpath's chest-turret.