Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gio posted:

If Pavel Datsyuk doesn't score 50 goals and 120 pts. I will donate $20 to a local LGBT charity. Hopefully this will be his motivation this year.
That's actually a cool bet because we know he won't do it. I'm willing to match you for the same charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
During the STL @ DET game on Monday, January 20th, if the entire GDT goes from open to close without a single post regarding "Joe Louis Arena advantage", penalties in the third period, or penalties in general going against the Blues in favor of the Red Wings in a manner that is unfair or in following with some longstanding tradition, I will buy this handsome T.J. Oshie doll and shower it with love and affection and definitely not destroy it the second it arrives. Or if anybody else wants it, I'll just have it sent to them instead.

Also, I will write a short essay (250 words each) celebrating the skills and accomplishments of every goaltender who finishes ahead of Jimmy Howard in SV% this year titled "Goalies More Elite Than James Russell Howard III".

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 4, 2013

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

If the Wings make it farther than the Sens do in the postseason, I'll buy a Garrioch avatar, not replace it until the end of the 14-15 season, and refrain from speaking a word against Sun Media's contribution to journalism while I have it.

On that I suppose I should probably change this av because it's an ugly abortion.

This is my favorite toxx. I'll do something similar.

If the Sens make it farther than the Wings do in the postseason, I'll buy the fattest, ugliest avatar of Garrioch that I can find and not replace it until the end of the 14-15 season. I still won't refrain from speaking against their horrible journalistic standards though.

I have some other ones as well:

1) Philly will make the playoffs.
2) New York Islanders will not.
3) Alfredsson + Silfverberg will combine to outscore MacArthur + Ryan
4) Silfverberg individually will have more points than Bobby Ryan
5) Kyle Palmieri will score more than 25 goals.
6) Grabovski will spend the bulk of the year, including playoffs, as the third line center in Washington (based on usage / ice time / points) behind Brooks Laich, Nic Backstrom, or someone else. I'll leave it to Washington fans to determine whether or not this is accurate. Nulled in the case of injuries to Grabovski.
7) Schneider will post a .925 or better save % and start more than 50 games for Jersey.
8) They still won't make the playoffs.
9) Tuuka Rask will win the Vezina.
10) Phil the Thrill will leave Toronto either at or before the trade deadline, or during free agency next summer.
11) Dubnyk will post a .920 or better save % for Edmonton.
12) They still won't make the playoffs.
13) Sami Vatanen will finish top 3 in Calder voting.
14) Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza will combine to play less than 130 games (I know, this one is a real stretch).
15) Drew Doughty will score 20 or more goals.

If 5 or more of these do not come to pass, I'll donate 50$ to St Mary's, a local charity for pregnant teens.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Two toxxes:
-If the Ducks finish higher than the Senators in the regular season standings, I will buy a Ducks Silfverberg shirsey and make a video of me crying like a little girl into it.
-If the Wings eliminate the Senators in the Stanley Cup playoffs (a likely matchup considering the divisional playoff scheme), I will make a video of myself burning my prized knockoff Alfredsson jersey and also probably cry like a little girl again

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
Great toxxes, I love tears

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'll pitch in $2 to the Habs Children's Foundation for every time PK Subban disrespects the back of the net. $3 if <15.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
If the Capitals do not make it to the second round of the playoffs, I will eat one tater-tot for each ) and five for each use of the word "sick" that Ovechkin tweets between the start of the season and the day the Capitals are eliminated.

Vod Kanockers
Nov 13, 2010

To think Germans were considered "organized".
Since fishsticks seem to be "in"...

If Tampa finishes in the bottom 3 in the Flortheast Atlantic division I'll eat a fishstick for every point behind the last "wild card" team in the East that makes the playoffs.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Parachute Underwear posted:

I'll pitch in $2 to the Habs Children's Foundation for every time PK Subban disrespects the back of the net. $3 if <15.

Ooh, I like this one.

I'll pitch in $1 for every goal scored by Brendan Gallagher and $0.50 for every assist.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

If Kari Lehtonen starts less than half of this season's games, I will let Austrian mook pick my offseason avatar.

This is dangerous.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
You fool.

You brave, mad, fool.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

LumpyGumby posted:

You fool.

You brave, mad, fool.

My faith in Andy Moog is strong as Damascus steel.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

DOOMocrat posted:

My faith in Andy Moog is strong as Damascus steel.

Hopefully it's stronger than Lehtonen's groin.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

]1) If Bernier's save percentage is better than Reimer's was last year (.924) I will buy six sandwiches at Metro and hand them out to the homeless in downtown Ottawa (maybe video and upload, if I can find a way to do it without offending or identifying anyone). If he does surpass Reimer's save percentage I will simply donate $20 to a charity of PK loving SUBBAN or flakeloaf's choosing.

2) If John Tortorella has a job in Van-city come playoff time, I will snail mail a letter to the Canucks organization written in magic marker with my non-dominant hand telling them why they are the best hockey club in Canada (~250 words).

3) If (when) the Leafs miss the playoffs, I will eat one McDonals bacon cheeseburgers (with nothing but three toppings put forward by the next goon to toxx for anything leafs related [sub]any topping or sauce but relish[/sub]) per point they are out of the playoffs (max 9) in one sitting, then likely proceed to projectile vomit through my nose and feel like poo poo for two days. YouTube vid (including puking if the three toppings are bad enough).

4) If any Leafs wins a major award I will buy a very tight fitting Ottawa shirsey and wear it for a whole weekend in the summer.

Bonus - If three of the four happen (Bernier save%, Torts still in Van, no leafs post season, a major leaf player award) I will pay for Kafka Esq. to assign me whatever awful avatar he should choose and buy him a decent one not praising a bigot.

e: woops, hit edit instead of quote.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 10, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
JoelJoel you are amazing.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Shoeonhead22 and I have a $20 charity bet for where the Jackets place in the league at the end of the season.

Bottom 3rd (21-30) then Shoeonhead22 wins and I give $20 to whatever charity he wants. 1-20 and I pick a charity for him.

I'd also be up with doing some kind of charity Toxx bet with a Penguin fan. I think something about Fleruy vs Mason or Emery save % would be fun even though I know I'll probably lose simply because your D is better and ours is old and will die within 20 games. Would rather do charity bet than avatar since I'd probably kill myself if I had to keep a Penguin avatar for the whole offseason or whatever time frame.

Also up for an intra-FAS bet since I'm wearing my Wayne Train shirt today. No idea what that'd be, but could be fun.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 23, 2013

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Reposting from n/v:

Zodijackylite posted:

:toxx: If Brandon Dubinsky finishes the season with more points than Rick Nash I will get a Brandon Dubinsky avatar. I suppose it should probably be a new one since I'm over a year late on replacing the Rangers Dubitar.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Twin Cinema posted:

I am going to make ten predictions, and the toxx clause will come into effect if less than half of these do not happen.

1. Tay Tay will finish top-5 in points
2. Clarkson will score 15 goals or less
3. Columbus will make the playoffs
4. Victor Hedman will receive at least one vote for the Norris
5. Tavares will score 50 goals
6. Philadelphia will be a bottom-5 team in the league
7. Fowler will rebound and score 30+ points
8. Franson will manage to put up 30+ points
9. Edmonton will continue improving, and will only miss the playoffs by five points (if they make the playoffs, this prediction is still a success)
10. Sidney Crosby will play over 75 games, and manage to replicate similar PPG totals as his previous three seasons, so will score at least 115 points.

All of these are just doubling down on predictions I have made in other threads. I haven't figured out the proper toxx yet. Probably just an avatar change.

For every one of these that doesn't happen, I'll donate $5 to a charity of my choosing. So, it's possible that I donate $50.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Twin Cinema posted:

For every one of these that doesn't happen, I'll donate $5 to a charity of my choosing. So, it's possible that I donate $50.

You just did this so you can decide what toppings JoelJoel eats.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
:siren:If Matt Moulson scores more goals as a Sabre this season than Thomas Vanek does as an Islander this season, I will buy an avatar bemoaning the loss of ELITE HOCKEY MANS MATT MOULSON and denouncing the Islanders rebuild for such a time as it takes John Tavares to score more goals than they both did in that period of time, starting in the 2014-15 season. :siren:

If Vanek scores more than Moulson I will simply be happy in the knowledge that a loving backup goalie can run a team better than Paul Holmgren.

Current score is Matty Mo: 2, NYI Austrian player #2: 0, but Vanek has yet to play as an Islander so I think this is timely.

What I mean by the last part is that I will change my avatar whenever I feel like it at some point after JT gets one more goal than the both of them combined, not necessarily in one season's time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Twin Cinema posted:

I am going to make ten predictions, and the toxx clause will come into effect if less than half of these do not happen.

1. Tay Tay will finish top-5 in points
2. Clarkson will score 15 goals or less
3. Columbus will make the playoffs
4. Victor Hedman will receive at least one vote for the Norris
5. Tavares will score 50 goals
6. Philadelphia will be a bottom-5 team in the league
7. Fowler will rebound and score 30+ points
8. Franson will manage to put up 30+ points
9. Edmonton will continue improving, and will only miss the playoffs by five points (if they make the playoffs, this prediction is still a success)
10. Sidney Crosby will play over 75 games, and manage to replicate similar PPG totals as his previous three seasons, so will score at least 115 points.

All of these are just doubling down on predictions I have made in other threads. I haven't figured out the proper toxx yet. Probably just an avatar change.

Let's see how this is going.

1. Hall's 8 points in 9 games was a pretty good pace, and then he got injured. He should be back tomorrow, but missing those 6 games may be too much.
2. 0 goals in 5 games. Only 67 games left to go.
3. Too early to tell.
4. Too early to tell.
5. 6 goals in 14 games. Needs to score at a 0.65 GPG pace for the rest of the season now. Not so confident in this.
6. So far, so good.
7. At his current pace, will score 27 points (all assists).
8. At his current pace, will score 49 points (all assists).
9. Haha, gently caress.
10. At his current pace, will score 125 points.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jordan7hm posted:

1) Philly will make the playoffs.
2) New York Islanders will not.
3) Alfredsson + Silfverberg will combine to outscore MacArthur + Ryan
4) Silfverberg individually will have more points than Bobby Ryan
5) Kyle Palmieri will score more than 25 goals.
6) Grabovski will spend the bulk of the year, including playoffs, as the third line center in Washington (based on usage / ice time / points) behind Brooks Laich, Nic Backstrom, or someone else. I'll leave it to Washington fans to determine whether or not this is accurate. Nulled in the case of injuries to Grabovski.
7) Schneider will post a .925 or better save % and start more than 50 games for Jersey.
8) They still won't make the playoffs.
9) Tuuka Rask will win the Vezina.
10) Phil the Thrill will leave Toronto either at or before the trade deadline, or during free agency next summer.
11) Dubnyk will post a .920 or better save % for Edmonton.
12) They still won't make the playoffs.
13) Sami Vatanen will finish top 3 in Calder voting.
14) Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza will combine to play less than 130 games (I know, this one is a real stretch).
15) Drew Doughty will score 20 or more goals.

1) Yikes. That said, they're only 6 points out of a playoff spot (assuming 3 teams from the Glen division).
2) Still very much up in the air. This division is awful, but so is their goalie.
3) 13 + 7 (20) vs 8 + 14 (22). The injury to Silf hurts, but this one should be pretty close.
4) Not gonna happen
5) On pace for 18.9. I think this is still doable, but he needs more ice time for it to happen.
6) Center ice time: Backstrom, Laich, Johansson, Grabbo. I think this one will likely end up being the case.
7) Looks like he'll get the 50 games, but not sure he'll get the .925.
8) Probably going to miss. Though, same qualification as for Philly. This is a maybe.
9) Certainly the front runner.
10) Nope.
11) His rough start still has him at .911. This one is doable.
12) Haha yep.
13) Doubt it. He'd need to majorly turn it on.
14) They're on pace to play more, but I think this one still happens.
15) On pace for 21 goals.

2 for sure nos (Phil, Silf v BRyan). 13 maybes. 1 yes (Edmonton is missing).

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

flakeloaf posted:

If the Wings make it farther than the Sens do in the postseason, I'll buy a Garrioch avatar, not replace it until the end of the 14-15 season, and refrain from speaking a word against Sun Media's contribution to journalism while I have it.

On that I suppose I should probably change this av because it's an ugly abortion.

:ohdear: I'd like for this to take longer than the opening faceoff of game one in the Wings-Bruins series.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Update:

UZworm posted:

If neither the Avalanche nor the Sabres make the playoffs, I will buy an avatar showcasing all of my least favorite hockey teams (with accompanying red text) and will keep it on until the start of the 2014/2015 season, perhaps longer.

Thankfully I only needed one of them to be good :whatup:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Drunk Canuck posted:

If the Leafs fail to be a 9th or lower seed at the end of the 2013-2014 National Hockey League season, I will purchase one (1) pro-Randy Carlyle avatar on his excellence as a professional hockey coach.

Alternatively, if David Clarkson reaches a goals total of or over 25, I will take my time and effort to post a player evaluation thread for each goal scored by him. Including any playoff games, should they happen.

If Tyler Bozak succeeds in outscoring noted 3rd line centre Mikhail Grabovski, using my talents and connections, I will produce a ballad with accompanying music video of Leafs Nation's adoration for the centre iceman from Regina, Saskatchewan.

Should all of these toxxes come through; Leafs playoffs, Clarkson >=25 Goals, Bozak > Grabovski. I will purchase a jersey of SAS's choosing and perform a soapbox confession in Dundas Square in downtown Toronto of how I'm a dumbass advanced stats geek that doesn't know a single lick about hockey sense.
This punishment overrides avatar purchase, Clarkson thread, Bozak music video.

Leafs sitting in 3rd place, gently caress.

David Clarkson has only tallied an assist in 5 games played, nice.

Currently Grabovski has 13 points in 14 games and Bozak has 6 in 11GP while also injured and out for at least 3 weeks.

Cautiously optimistic.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Man, the habs sure are looking shaky. That reminds me, I think there was something I was supposed to do about that...

Rene Bork posted:

Should the Montreal Canadiens fail to make the playoffs this year, I will pen a letter to Marc Bergevin begging him to get Scott Gomez back, as he was the lynchpin that kept the team together.

Riiiiiight. I'm gonna write a draft just in case.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

burf posted:

Since I like the idea of multiple predictions, so I'm doing it too. If 6 or more of the following predictions are incorrect, I will get an avatar of SAS' choosing.

1. Erik Karlsson will finish in the top 3 for Norris voting.
2. Bobby Ryan will score at least 35 goals.
3. Clarke MacArthur will outscore David Clarkson.
4. Spezza will finish top-10 in scoring.
5. Ottawa will finish ahead of Detroit.
6. Winnipeg will finish 4th or higher in the Central division.
7. Yakupov will score at least 30 goals.
8. Canada will not make the 2014 Olympic men's hockey finals.
9. Taylor Hall will outscore John Tavares (gonna hedge this bet by saying in points-per-game, not total points).
10. Toronto and Anaheim will miss the playoffs.
11. Eugene Melnyk will directly contradict himself at least 5 times when talking about the Sens' finances.

If any of those seem too easy, let me know and I can swap the offending prediction to something else.

1. Seems likely
2. Seems likely
3. Seems likely
4. Ehhh maybe, but he really needs to pick up the other parts of his game.
5. Haha
6. Ahahahahaha
7. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
8. No clue yet!
9. :xd:
10. :xd: :xd: - On the other hand, at least Anaheim has the underlying stats to back up their position. Toronto is still a befuddling mess of winning hockey games.
11. There's no way this doesn't happen.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Jordan7hm posted:

6) Center ice time: Backstrom, Laich, Johansson, Grabbo. I think this one will likely end up being the case.

Johansson has played all but one game at left wing. Usage wise Grabovski is about 50% second line and 50% third line this year to date.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Also, I will write a short essay (250 words each) celebrating the skills and accomplishments of every goaltender who finishes ahead of Jimmy Howard in SV% this year titled "Goalies More Elite Than James Russell Howard III".

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :v:

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers will be in the playoffs. If they are not I will cheer for the Penguins or the Rangers until they are eliminated from playoff contention. An avatar will be purchased as well as a Jersey t-shirt.

I am so so so so hosed. :smith:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MassaShowtime posted:

This toxx is in honour of Ladislav Smid's one year wedding anniversary and the fact that he hopefully will no longer steal cheerios from the unsuspecting roomates of the women of Edmonton that Ladi once made love to.

Should Ladislav Smid fail to set a new career high in points with 16, I will mail a box of cheerios to a fan of each team that was lousy enough to let Ladi score. So should he score 8 points, 8 goons will receive a box of cheerios in the mail.

Smid currently sits at 2 points and is on pace for all of 11. He had an assist against Vancouver and a goal (lol) against Montreal.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Guignol posted:

Two toxxes:
-If the Ducks finish higher than the Senators in the regular season standings, I will buy a Ducks Silfverberg shirsey and make a video of me crying like a little girl into it.

they don't even make these yet fuuuuuck

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

the good news is that neither the rangers or penguins will make it out of the first round so that part of the toxx will be shortlived! :v:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

David Desharnais will be playing for another team before the playoffs start.

If I'm wrong, I'll keep the same username but get an avatar of Wayne Simmonds.

I've got to say mine's looking pretty good.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

oh man this is awesome

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

VJeff posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :v:

I'm really looking forward to you celebrating the skills of Harding, Price, MAF and Varly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shoeonhead22 posted:

I'm really looking forward to you celebrating the skills of Harding, Price, MAF and Varly

If I get to extoll the virtues of Steve Mason, it'll all be worth it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Yeah maybe you should start brainstorming now, just in case. For MAF and Varly alone it's probably gonna be pretty tough!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zodijackylite posted:

Reposting from n/v:

Whoa...if Nash is out for a significant portion of time and Dubi can keep up his current pace (8 points in 13 games), this might happen as improbable as it might have seemed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Whoa...if Nash is out for a significant portion of time and Dubi can keep up his current pace (8 points in 13 games), this might happen as improbable as it might have seemed.

RIP Rick Nash. Good thing I really like Brandon Dubinsky.

• Locked thread