Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

Hopefully the 32 (Or even more) is right, with a map this big 16 just doesn't seem like it'd be enough. Plus I'm used to the loads of people you can have on a map with SAMP, so I'll take as many people as they can pack in.

The way it works apparently is that outside of people you invite it uses some cross game system to dynamically add people travelling your area of the map so you're never too far from other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

marktheando posted:

The OP should probably include some information about Social Club/iFruit/camera picture saving being broken, since that was the main question clogging up the last thread (unless they have fixed it today, haven't played since last night).

Really should just include a link to their support site.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/sections/200051917-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Technical-Support

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sondlar posted:

I'd love a simplified version of Vegas because honestly as nice as Los Santos is in 5, I can't help but love the desert even more. Give us the Strip and a bit of surrounding area and make the rest desert full of crazy poo poo.
I'm missing San Fierro a lot, it's too bad they couldn't find a place to stick it because of their goal in preserving geographical authenticity.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

If I get in an airplane will I automatically have a parachute equipped? I haven't tried learning the hard way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

VarXX posted:

The rumor comes from the config files on the 360 version saying the max player count was 32. I still wouldn't bet on it being over 16 though.

Oh, I know where the rumor came from, I was just paraphrasing the tweet.

Link to a story on it with the relevant tweet.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

I Might Be Adam posted:

This brings up a good question. Where do we go from here, environmentally speaking? People are sick of or complained about Liberty City's tight and gray urban landscape and SA and GTA5 cover the open world and city level environment. Hell, GTA5 covers everything from urban city, to mountains, to desert, and beach/ocean environments. Outside of changing the time in which the game takes place, like RDR, where does GTA go from here? Just bigger environments? Multiple cities in the same state like SA? I mean, Vice City was a nice change from GTA3 but now GTA5 covers the ocean vacation town feel to a decent degree. I'm not saying I wouldn't want a current or next-gen version of Vice City, I just have no idea how they'll keep enhancing environments. Adding interiors to more buildings? I don't know how you can top the current environment that is in GTA5 without just adding more content or tweaking it.

SPACE

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
So the strip club is under new ownership! Since Trevor now has it, I'd just like to double-check: do you need to do anything to get the payout? This is my first property in the game and I get the emails and everything. Thanks in advance!

People were talking about another grim scene a while back. I take it they were talking about the part where (I'm about 50% through) Trevor kills (maybe also rapes?) Floyd and his girlfriend? I don't want to invite the whole silly "aww did you not like something nasty in your murder simulator crybaby" brigade to take pot shots at me (I like a bit of blood and guts as much as the next film nerd), but it was still a bit :stare:. If that wasn't it, geez!

I took my first hitch-hiker to the cult today (the girl whose been partying in the desert). Made me feel a bit dirty. :(

Done all the rampages. The set-ups for them all were very funny, especially the army one and the last one, which I have dubbed SUPER HIPSTER MASSACRE.

:shobon: I like Franklin's car and bike. Then again I am an idiot.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

VarXX posted:

I'd rather we go to London again.
What about Toronto? Right guys?

:canada:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

me your dad posted:

If I get in an airplane will I automatically have a parachute equipped? I haven't tried learning the hard way.

Not at first, it's tied to one of the main missions.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

I got into a little bit of a gun fight... Luckily my heavy duty body army saved from from a bullet under my eye socket.

I love how the bullet holes look on the car door.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Some people are definitely more deserving of being given to the cult than others

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Trains are an amazing location for long rampages, you can just chill in the train, shoot at cars on the highway, the police will come after you but will have a really hard time catching you because as you are on foot, the cops will leave their cars as they get close. You can just slowly escalate the situation, the only thing you really need to look out for are the helicopters which are easy to shoot down. Just stock up on ammo, hop on the train and go on a tour around the state, most of my train goofing off ends with either the train entering a tunnel for long enough that the cops lose me and I get bored or with a badly judged grenade.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Not at first, it's tied to one of the main missions.

Thanks - I'm glad I asked :)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Baron FU posted:

Maybe GTA:O happens concurrently with the singleplayer story. Would account for the dead guys. And might be a cool way to tie it into the singleplayer story.

I kinda hope it happens during the 9 year timeskip, so we can see what Lamar was up to in that interim before working for Simeon and getting into what was essentially a one-man turf war with the Ballas and needing Franklin and the other two to bail his rear end.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 24, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is there a decent way to get planes/helicopters for the hanger unlocked during the storyline? Do I have to buy the airstrip available for sale at roughly the same time?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

So the strip club is under new ownership! Since Trevor now has it, I'd just like to double-check: do you need to do anything to get the payout? This is my first property in the game and I get the emails and everything. Thanks in advance!

People were talking about another grim scene a while back. I take it they were talking about the part where (I'm about 50% through) Trevor kills (maybe also rapes?) Floyd and his girlfriend? I don't want to invite the whole silly "aww did you not like something nasty in your murder simulator crybaby" brigade to take pot shots at me (I like a bit of blood and guts as much as the next film nerd), but it was still a bit :stare:. If that wasn't it, geez!

I took my first hitch-hiker to the cult today (the girl whose been partying in the desert). Made me feel a bit dirty. :(

Done all the rampages. The set-ups for them all were very funny, especially the army one and the last one, which I have dubbed SUPER HIPSTER MASSACRE.

:shobon: I like Franklin's car and bike. Then again I am an idiot.
I like that the last five years has had people complaining about the dissonance between the player and the character, and how they wanted someone who was a maniac. But I think most people meant they just wanted someone like the Boss or Tommy who are objectively monstrous but live in a cartoon world where it's hard to care. Instead they presented us with a methed out, ADHD ridden, unrepentant psychopath who probably has herpes and is legitimately terrifying. I think they set the tone really well in his first mission. I really love the characters he murders, and it's upsetting to watch what he does to them.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Any additional violence on the Ballas would be much welcome. There just wasn't enough, especially considering they are squatting on the old GSF block :(

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really love the characters he murders, and it's upsetting to watch what he does to them.

I personally couldn't stand that dickhole he stomped in his intro, so that was super satisfying. :smug:

(Still pretty brutal to watch, though.)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was honestly surprised how much the Ballas were not much of a factor in the story. Apart from a few missions they seemed like a non factor. Though the story was indeed less more of a gang wars this time so it was a nice change of pace.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
I don't know why people think Rockstar isn't ballsy enough to add a mall, or maybe a college (no early year schools because they'll never add kids to the game). They made a game called State of Emergency, which I bought and played, that was pretty much all about murdering large groups of people in malls.

Rockstar isn't shy about pushing the envelope.

Fake edit: Just for clarification, I'm not arguing the ethics of it, just they're ability and willingness to be edgy as gently caress. :goonsay:

causticBeet posted:

Didn't like every previous GTA game have malls with missions that focused around killing gangs inside them?

Pretty much.

Who Dat fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 24, 2013

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Who Dat posted:

I don't know why people think Rockstar isn't ballsy enough to add a mall, or maybe a college (no early year schools because they'll never add kids to the game). They made a game called State of Emergency, which I bought and played, that was pretty much all about murdering large groups of people in malls.

Didn't like every previous GTA game have malls with missions that focused around killing gangs inside them?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Who Dat posted:

I think adding a mall would be a bit too much "current event" even for R*.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Last mission spoilers! Don't read if you haven't finished the last heist!

Who the gently caress would actually choose to kill Michael or Trevor? Seems weird to me that they even gave you that option. Of COURSE I'm gonna say gently caress you to those fucks and go out, middle fingers raised, shooting everybody who comes at me. Michael has a strong future in filmmaking, and Trevor has a long future loving Patricia and killing everyone in San Andreas.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I like that the last five years has had people complaining about the dissonance between the player and the character, and how they wanted someone who was a maniac. But I think most people meant they just wanted someone like the Boss or Tommy who are objectively monstrous but live in a cartoon world where it's hard to care. Instead they presented us with a methed out, ADHD ridden, unrepentant psychopath who probably has herpes and is legitimately terrifying. I think they set the tone really well in his first mission. I really love the characters he murders, and it's upsetting to watch what he does to them.

I was one of the people who defended Niko's characterisation to a degree (along with attaching generic verisimilitude allowing for "dissonance" between the storyline and random homemade rampages), so I predictably sit in a similar place to you. Trevor's an interesting character, but a bit upsetting nonetheless.

I replayed Vice City over the summer (I got the lousy t-shirt) and I really don't like Tommy for that reason in hindsight. I mentioned above that I found V's rampages funny, but that's honestly a bit of a rarity when it comes to the series for me due to the deliberately absurd set-ups this time around. There's a mission in Vice City where Tommy has to fill a "chaosmeter" by committing random acts of violence, all to... impress a biker. A bit silly really and I feel like that's where - as stories - the series is a bit weak. At least Trevor goes beyond that in terms of characterisation.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
They only published State of Emergency. And boy howdy did that game suck.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Michael's special ability can do some fun things. This guy took a mini uzi mag to the chest, after two shots he dropped to his knees and the impact of the bullets kept him pinned against his car door until I ran empty and he fell over. :unsmigghh:

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

ElwoodCuse posted:

They only published State of Emergency. And boy howdy did that game suck.

A stamp of approval nonetheless. Ah yeah, it was something awful :rimshot: alright. I traded it in within a week.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Who Dat posted:

A stamp of approval nonetheless. Ah yeah, it was something awful :rimshot: alright. I traded it in within a week.

Just a reminder that SoE was supposed to be the breakout AAA title of the season and GTA3 was a hopeful experiment.

Ah, the old days.

edit: Hiked up Mt. Chilliad as Trevor, engaged psycho mode, ragdolled to the bottom. So much fun. :allears:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 24, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Can you pick up hookers and drop them off at the Altruist Cult?

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Finally got the thread title today. The camera is disabled during it though, on and off the scooter. Also, Snapmatic uploads have been working well for me since last night.

I want this for DLC:
TAoL - The Adventures of Lamar

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

tooooooo bad posted:

You can't just drive right in front of a cop when your arrow is grey. They don't know which car you're in but they're still looking for you, so if they're able to get a good look at your face because you're too close to them they'll come after you again. You can skirt through cones safely but don't just hang out in them. Changing cars also seems to make your wanted status go away a lot quicker so it's really worth doing.

I was ridiculously close to a cop, way in the cone but in a new car (grey icon). Basically it was a 4 row parking lot like this:

<----road--->
| | | | | | |
<---cop <entrance>
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |

| |x| | | | |
<store wall>

I was facing away from the cops, but they drove very close behind me but didn't see me. Seriously, if you can get into a parking lot and steal a new car, just loving sit there facing the walls until the wanted level disappears or the cops actually locate you

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
You can also go inside the strip club to lose the cops.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
poo poo. After losing a custom car very early in the game I did some testing and thought I figured out how to ensure that I didn't lose the cars, and I haven't lost any. Until now. Both supercars thought I bought and were fully modded totally disappeared out of Michael's home garage for no reason that I can see. It really wouldn't have been so bad if it was 2 random cars from the street. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

^^^^^^ from what I understand is that safe house garages don't permanently store cars, only property garages do.

I really love the new wanted system. In past games I almost always used cheats to drop wanted level because losing the cops was so boring, but in 5 it's pretty fun and satisfying every time.

My go to strategy is to get as much distance as I can in a car then get out in foot. You can even sort of kite the cops if they're right on you, just climb a building and then jump off and hide.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Does anyone else just find Michael to be kind of pathetic?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

redz posted:

poo poo. After losing a custom car very early in the game I did some testing and thought I figured out how to ensure that I didn't lose the cars, and I haven't lost any. Until now. Both supercars thought I bought and were fully modded totally disappeared out of Michael's home garage for no reason that I can see. It really wouldn't have been so bad if it was 2 random cars from the street. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

R* has officially told people that the car thing is gonna happen until they figure it out and patch :(

I miss you neon green Ferrari 458

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Lotish posted:

I haven't finished the game, about halfway through I think (On "D" missions) but yeah, I agree. I think he's pretty badass and interesting at the start but about halfway through he becomes pretty boring and pathetic. He goes from being this weird angry middle life crisis to a mix of government yes man/errand boy.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Can you get a hold of one of those supplemental garages at any point or is it mission-related? Does the safehouse garage bug apply there also?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

R* has officially told people that the car thing is gonna happen until they figure it out and patch :(

I miss you neon green Ferrari 458

Ahh well at least I know those are safe, time to move my Dominator and Comet to the home garage and throw some more supercars into that one. The Entity XF will live on! Man that car is fun to drive, I love seeing how fast/slow I can make an entire loop around the state.

Also the Voltic's acceleration is so sick, feels like it hits 60 in just a couple seconds.

redz fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Lotish posted:

Once his family moves out he becomes the most boring character, easily. Every time I jump to him he's watching TV alone or sitting on a park bench smoking.

• Locked thread