Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Defiance Industries posted:

The Black Widow looks loving terrifying in that first picture. Super-gaunt, creepy dead eyes.

For a second there I thought it was Dazzler with a dye job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Black Widow looks loving terrifying in that first picture. Super-gaunt, creepy dead eyes.

The entire first panel is weird as hell and super cartoonish. It looks like it's from a parody book.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

She looks like a stoned teenage girl who's just accidentally stumbled into the men's locker room.

Contribution.
I don't know the source, but I would love to see a compilation of all the weird things Batman has been turned into over the years. Hell, he must have been a gorilla at least ten times now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Say Nothing posted:

She looks like a stoned teenage girl who's just accidentally stumbled into the men's locker room.

Contribution.
I don't know the source, but I would love to see a compilation of all the weird things Batman has been turned into over the years. Hell, he must have been a gorilla at least ten times now.

Whaddya mean "where"? Those are your drat legs now Batman. You're supposed to be a detective.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Okay. The guy in the headband. The colors make me think that's Herc, but...that can't be him, can it? Please god tell me that isn't Hercules.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Contribution.
Source is Batman #118, The Merman Batman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Urdnot Fire posted:

Source is Batman #118, The Merman Batman.

I've become a human fish! An aqua-man, if you will.

Shakenbaker posted:

Okay. The guy in the headband. The colors make me think that's Herc, but...that can't be him, can it? Please god tell me that isn't Hercules.

That's obviously Rambo.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Say Nothing posted:

Contribution.

In the next issue Batman, Goofy, and Donald travel to Hollow Bastion.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Action Tortoise posted:

In the next issue Batman, Goofy, and Donald travel to Hollow Bastion.

"Our lawyers advise you not to print this gag. Sincerely, Your Esteemed Competition."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The 40s weren't always an inventive time for superheroes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this? posted:

Aww, the little guy wants a piece of boob to grab, too! How cute!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Why is his sidekick named Domino and yet still wears a full mask?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Because a domino is a smaller version of a mask, but they still have to match and look things get confusing when the motif itself is "masks" okay

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kellsterik posted:

Because a domino is a smaller version of a mask, but they still have to match and look things get confusing when the motif itself is "masks" okay

Yeah, but isn't a domino mask a specific thing, like what Robin wore in Golden Age Batman? He could have a green domino mask. If you have one gimmick try and get it right.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Aww, the little guy wants a piece of boob to grab, too! How cute!

Also despite being smaller his head is exactly the same size.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Maybe he's a midget?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

Maybe he's a midget?

That's a dwarf. Midgets are proportional, dwarves are not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

That's a dwarf. Midgets are proportional, dwarves are not.

And munchkins are the ones with tiny heads right?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Rhyno posted:

And munchkins are the ones with tiny heads right?

Munchkins have better fashion sense.

More Planetary crossovers. While in Gotham City to hunt down a man with reality-warping powers, the team cross paths with someone they've never encountered in their world.

Jazzbone
Oct 12, 2012
"Bat-apologies" :allears:

Writers, never stop reintroducing the 60's Batman

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Also despite being smaller his head is exactly the same size.

Artists way back didn't know how to draw children as children. Back before he got his yellow costume, if you read a Silver Age Flash story with Wally West in it, the only way you could tell which one was Flash and which was Kid Flash was by the caption boxes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Action Tortoise posted:

More Planetary crossovers.
Ellis' finest moment, I think.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Shakenbaker posted:

Yeah that's Hercules. Wait until I get to the Herc/Deathcry scene in a few issues time.

Jerusalem posted:

Is that.... Angel Medina art?

Yup, that's what the post said.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Nova's name might be in the title of the book, but I think the real star of Nova #8 was Speedball.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Vance Astrovik is the most comic book name ever. If I ever have a kid that's gonna be his name.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm so glad he's back to being Speedball.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Endless Mike posted:

I love that Penance has been swept so utterly under the rug that Robbie begging someone to hit him with a lead pipe is being played for completely unironic comedy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Has he also been youthed? I mean, I know it's a new and younger Nova, but if that's the same Speedball, he looks at lot younger than he was even when they were in the New Warriors.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Wearing a spiky leather gimp suit does wonders for the skin. Really, it's just the art.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I actually liked his Avengers Academy that he was back to Speedball but still struggling with depression.

But I understand Nova is supposed to be a fun book, so I'll role with it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Deadpool #17

Has Logan really been to North Korea so much that he can identify it by smell?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

Deadpool #17

Has Logan really been to North Korea so much that he can identify it by smell?

Wolverine can smell all of the Avengers and X-Men, having worked with them so much, and using the strength of those smells and their usual haunts he geo-locates via smell.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
What kind of drugs do the Allreds take? I want some.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hahaha so in the Marvel Universe, the entire comics line is just a loving anime.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

KoldPT posted:

What kind of drugs do the Allreds take?

Mormonism.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Hahaha so in the Marvel Universe, the entire comics line is just a loving anime.

Steve Rogers drew Captain America comics and Steve Rogers does not draw loving animus! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Can anyone post the montage of sex positions from Sex Criminals #1? Some of them were hysterical.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Steve Rogers drew Captain America comics and Steve Rogers does not draw loving animus! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

In the 616, Japanese artists were influenced by Captain America comics in the beginning of the manga age.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Maltose posted:

In the 616, Japanese artists were influenced by Captain America comics in the beginning of the manga age.

They were influenced in the '80s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KoldPT posted:

What kind of drugs do the Allreds take? I want some.

I think that panel is pretty adorable. I'm assuming it's from either Fantastic Four or Future Foundation?

• Locked thread