Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Atoramos posted:

That sounds like a good stretch goal, but the next teir goal gets us the best hotdogs in the world.

The Frogdog is already the best hotdog in the world

It would be hilarious if the Frogdog turned out to be really popular, and he grew into a chain of Doobies Frogdog Shacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
God I wish I wasn't broke as hell, I'd love to toss this guy some money. He's just so earnest about it, even a bunch of internet assholes like ourselves just go 'awwww' :3:

If he wants to put a 'frogdog' or a 'something awful' on the menu I think that would be a cool little thank-you to us, but talk of a big frog mascot on his stand is a bit much IMO.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Gaspy Conana posted:

I'm pretty sure he was just doing it under the Team Frogout banner, not SA.

I hate to be this guy, but...

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Just pitched in 10$, hope he gets what he's trying for!

Something tells me he wouldn't know to add the quotation marks around Team Frogout to actually narrow it down to us. If you just type in Team Frogout to google in the normal non-quotation marks fashion, it's nowhere near on the list.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

doobie posted:

I don't no what vicariously means exactly but I'm sure it's a good thing... Thanks for ur support

Roll tide.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

SA only comes up if you put "team frogout" in quotes. Otherwise, he's getting a bunch of bubblebox links.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

This is what I have so far for a vectored frog to give the guy. Got distracted by raid night, I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
Searching for frogout doobie without quotes also yields this thread. Searching for doobie dog house (also without quotes) yields blog posts talking about SA goons. The point is that secrecy was never plausible. Even if he personally does not think to search, the connection is trivial to make and surely someone in his circle will be curious about the strange force that completely turned his kickstarter around.

And that's fine. If our hearts are pure, we have nothing to hide.

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.
$10 more here. This thread will be the first thing I check when I get up tomorrow, excited for him!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Novo posted:

Searching for frogout doobie without quotes also yields this thread. Searching for doobie dog house (also without quotes) yields blog posts talking about SA goons. The point is that secrecy was never plausible. Even if he personally does not think to search, the connection is trivial to make and surely someone in his circle will be curious about the strange force that completely turned his kickstarter around.

And that's fine. If our hearts are pure, we have nothing to hide.

Whatever, no big deal if he discovers it's an SA thing.

I'm sure even if our motivations were impure, he's happy that he's got the capital to move forward with his dream. The dude is driven, you can tell he's not letting anything get him down or keep him from trying.

Kicked in :10bux:, perhaps Fate will put me near Reform, Alabama some day, whereupon I can order me a Frog Dog.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of you guys are really naive. You seriously think the guy is going to give a poo poo when he sees 8 grand in donations?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Nnep posted:

Roll tide.

I forgive him that because he's from a tiny rural town. Most people from my (much larger) rural hometown don't even know what vicariously means.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'll be honest I'm kicking in 25 bucks on payday and it being a "goon thing" had nothing to do with it. I think some people are just viewing goons as one group, but to the non internet nerd outsider it's just a website a bunch of people look at. It spreads word fast, and that's all.

Pyralspite
Oct 9, 2012

Faster than a speeding snail!
I tossed :tenbux: in. He's getting so close!

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
I'm broke as hail, but I can manage just fine until Friday without the five bucks I pitched in.

I want this to succeed. I come from a rural town a lot like his, only in the mountains. Any outside money really helps in that situation.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ce gars posted:

Yep, that's me :downs:

As long as he's okay with it, it'd be really fun to get out there to do some kind of video thing. Hell, I'd even be down with basically doing a commercial for him for free if he wants.

You're going to wake up in your car with no memory of the last 3 days, the ad fully filmed in your camera, and dried mustard on your face.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
At Kicktraq, it's number 4 for the day so far (Which just started according to their clocks, but it's still neat to see):

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Noni posted:

At Kicktraq, it's number 4 for the day so far (Which just started according to their clocks, but it's still neat to see):

What we should be kicking is Postal 2, maybe a stretch goal of Lowtax putting Uwe Boll in a submission hold and never letting go

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004
Pitched in $25 for Team Frogout. Almost 3/4 of the way there. I hope he makes it!

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I threw him $10. How often can you say you're a backer of a hotdog business in Alabama? It was worth that sentience alone. Also, Noni's post sealed the deal for me.

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
$5 from me! Really hope he gets it.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
I live in poverty and I support this man's dream of small town hot dog cookery. $15 pledged.

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen
In for $10. If the winds of fate ever carry me to America, I'm going to Doobie's Dog House hell or high water.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Noni posted:

Holy poo poo, number four behind Not-Megaman, another reasonably well-known video game thing, and a Google Glass ripoff: some dude from Alabama's hot dog shack! That's loving beautiful. And he's only got another $1500 to go - at $25 a head, that's only 60 more people!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
In for $10.

Now 75% funded :frog:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I tossed him $30, hope he makes it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not having known too much about this, what change in regards to the 'nasty poorly made hotdogs' thing?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I just remembered that KS doesn't actually take money until the project is done, so I threw in that $10 I promised. Depending on how the weekend goes I might toss another $15 if he hasn't hit the goal by Saturday.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Anatharon posted:

Not having known too much about this, what change in regards to the 'nasty poorly made hotdogs' thing?

We live in a cynical post ironic time. Sincerity is now a gemstone in a sea of blackened hearts :allears:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Those aren't the dogs he's serving at the Dog House, those were just dinner one night. No one said he was a bright man, but fuckit he's enthusiastic as all get-out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

Those aren't the dogs he's serving at the Dog House, those were just dinner one night. No one said he was a bright man, but fuckit he's enthusiastic as all get-out.

He actually does seem to be pretty smart on the more traditional, non-crowdfunding side of things if you go by his updates. He's already set up a supply chain, and has a really well laid out budget. And the fact that he's crowdfunding instead of taking out a second mortgage and putting his families well being at risk is also smart. He's just not internet smart.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Just tossed another $100 on the pile. I only live about thirty minutes away so I can't wait to have me some frogdogs.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

He actually does seem to be pretty smart on the more traditional, non-crowdfunding side of things if you go by his updates. He's already set up a supply chain, and has a really well laid out budget. And the fact that he's crowdfunding instead of taking out a second mortgage and putting his families well being at risk is also smart. He's just not internet smart.
Oh yeah, dude's certainly got his head on right. I guess what I meant was he doesn't come across as the book-learnin' type of smart. He definitely seems old-school, get-poo poo-done smart though.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Just tossed another $100 on the pile. I only live about thirty minutes away so I can't wait to have me some frogdogs.

We expect a trip report. Describe to us in detail the frogdog.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not worried about the frog being a problem for a simple reason. Hot dog place, with a big rear end frog on the side for some reason. People will ask their neighbors what's with the frog? Someone will go in.

They will ask about the frogdog, or whatever it's called. "It's because of the sign." Now it's the hot dog place that's easy to find because of the big frog on the side, and the dog is just a reference to that. He can tell people the whole story if he wants, but I think it works as-is just fine.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Man, this is the best kind of goon project, isn't it? Warms my heart to see the turnaround from mocking the poor guy to giving him a hand. :3: Only pledged what I could, but every bit helps I suppose!

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
I like that he tries to respond and thank everyone that comments.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

We expect a trip report. Describe to us in detail the frogdog.

Well I've got 30 free dogs now, so maybe I can even chart its evolution should he choose to alter the recipe along the way.

Also:

"Everyone is so wonderful here" needs to be painted underneath the giant frog head or something.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So, he needs $6k to get it all going but his wife gave $60. And can you factor in taxes (like maybe 15% or so...) between kickstarter and whatnot there's another 10% gone.

SO! for the frogdog to become a reality we gotta shoot for: Around $7600.

I'm in for :10bux: after I run to the bank tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

We live in a cynical post ironic time. Sincerity is now a gemstone in a sea of blackened hearts :allears:

This man threw his dream out there for the whole world to see. Then through the twisted machinations of this hateful little thing called the internet it found it's way to a community of fat bitter shut-ins. Who then decided, with much stomping of their hooves and labored snorting from their fleshy snouts, that Claude Wayne Robinson must have his dream. He's probably prayed for a miracle at some point, and he wound up with us.

Really makes you think, don't it?

• Locked thread